New MFC Header Image

deano

I don't see the difference:boxed:

it looks totally the same as the old one here.. *confused*... :blink:

I LOOOOOVE our forum.. a new pic would also be nice though. just for a change :biggrin2: mika can be such.. decorative.. :fisch::das:

i don't see it either :blink:

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try pressing F5, like Blue says. Magic!

oooo..wow it's magic :blink: ok i don't know why i'm so in awe about that :roftl:

thanks! i see it now.

i don't know about it though, it's a bit better than the old one, but i think that there r many other pics that do him justice.

oooo..wow it's magic :blink: ok i don't know why i'm so in awe about that :roftl:

thanks! i see it now.

i don't know about it though, it's a bit better than the old one, but i think that there r many other pics that do him justice.

I agree, I like the idea that we change the picture, but don't care for this one particularly.

Deano -

I think it's great that you've put out the call for people to create their own banners for consideration - but how does copyright come into play?

If we use the dollar bills pic, or any other professional/press pic, are we going to have some angry photographer ordering us to cease and desist?

I always assumed that the previous banner pic (granny curls!) was okay because that was part of the Mikster's original press package.

Thoughts?

I like it better than the old one but I'd prefer a banner that doesn't have a picture of Mika in it.

I don't think I prefer anything in my life without a picture of Mika on it.

I think it's great that you've put out the call for people to create their own banners for consideration - but how does copyright come into play?

You can use my nosehair pic. I won't charge royalties. :mf_rosetinted:

Deano -

If we use the dollar bills pic, or any other professional/press pic, are we going to have some angry photographer ordering us to cease and desist?

I always assumed that the previous banner pic (granny curls!) was okay because that was part of the Mikster's original press package.

Thoughts?

I was thinking about copyright issues too when I was messing around with mine. I haven't gone through training with copyright stuff yet but I don't think there will be a big problem just using the picture as a logo as long as it does not get put on stuff to be sold or as long as someone isn't making money off of it. That's when things get tricky, but so far the only things that are on shirts, mugs and what-not is the MFC logo with the text. If there still is a worry though one can always contact the photographer and ask permission to use their picture and explain that no money will be made from it. It's just up there for looks.

If there still is a worry though one can always contact the photographer and ask permission to use their picture and explain that no money will be made from it. It's just up there for looks.

I think that's probably the best idea - with the MFC trying to stay on the good side of Mika and his people, we wouldn't want some lawyer arguing that the the copyright image used in our banner helps drive traffic to the site and thus increases revenue for the MFC store - or something equally preposterous. I like to think you can't be too careful.

I think that's probably the best idea - with the MFC trying to stay on the good side of Mika and his people, we wouldn't want some lawyer arguing that the the copyright image used in our banner helps drive traffic to the site and thus increases revenue for the MFC store - or something equally preposterous. I like to think you can't be too careful.

I don't think it has anything to do with Mika and his people does it? Unless it's Mika's artwork.

There are a couple of photographers that would be fairly accessible especially if you want to use concert pics.

But in any case it's not like anyone's going to go to court over it. The worst that can happen is the copyright owner asks that it be removed from the site.

But in any case it's not like anyone's going to go to court over it. The worst that can happen is the copyright owner asks that it be removed from the site.

True - but given the crusade to have the MFC recognized as official, it's probably wise to try and avoid any sort of drama.

I'm sure any reasonable photog would realize that our intentions with his/her photo are noble, and would be more than happy to give us permission to use it in our banner - but, better safe than sorry. :thumb_yello:

i don't see it either :blink:

I must admit I did not see the difference :roftl: Before I refreshed the pageI was making up stuff like..yea that symbol looks bigger..or that colour might be different :fisch::doh: :doh:

AH! my gosh, just refreshed the page..It scared the living daylights out of me:shocked:

Just was not expecting it, thats all :naughty:

I like this one better. It's the 'current' Mika. :biggrin2:

Totally agree with that! I like it a lot... but deano, you've made

me curious. If this isn't the new permanent banner... does that

mean you have one in mind already? :blink:

dcdeb

I'd be interested to see the 'real' header when it's up :D

I do like the fact that there is a new pic and I do really like this pic, but I am not sure that it is the right picture to use for the header, if you understand?

I made a couple of quick ones but I might go back to the drawing board a bit later!

6kzvgbb.jpg71d4obb.jpg

I'm bored so I made one to :blush-anim-cl:

mika-2.gif

A paint thingie for the art that his sis makes

A plane because he (and we) travel so much

A heart for love

A butterfly for the butterfly lounge

A tea cup because he likes tea

A apple for the apple pose

And a curl for his curly hair

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

mika-2.gif

A heart for love

A thea cup because he likes thea

your is cool :)

I like this one - the other one was there for the whole of 2007

this should be the 2008 one :D

mika-2.gif

A heart for love

A thea cup because he likes thea

oh, this is a great idea :D

I'd be interested to see the 'real' header when it's up :D

I do like the fact that there is a new pic and I do really like this pic, but I am not sure that it is the right picture to use for the header, if you understand?

I made a couple of quick ones but I might go back to the drawing board a bit later!

6kzvgbb.jpg71d4obb.jpg

i love the first one :biggrin2:

so many mikas :naughty:

the pic is gd too :biggrin2: