Brits Launch Monday

dcdeb

(OK, the item says next Monday February 14, but I'm sure they mean JANUARY 14, as it was just posted, and there are a few other typos in there.)

http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/news/08012008/395041/brits_launch_monday

The Brit Award nominations are out next week with Adele, Editors and Bate For Lashes playing live…

The Brit Awards nominations are set to be announced next Monday February 14 and MTV News will be there.

Details of the event, at Camden Roundhouse, have been revealed with four live acts set to perform live.

Editors, The Hoosiers, Bat For Lashes and Adele- who will pick up the Critics Choice Award at the ceremony- will all play at the launch event.

The actual Brits ceremony will take place on February 20 at Earls Court in London where we will already predict wins for Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead and Amy Winehouse.

Best Male is likely to be contested by Mika, James Blunt and (if there’s any justice) Dizzee Rascal. We’d bet Best Female will be fought over by Kate Nash and Amy Winehouse.

All will be revealed on Monday when MTV News will bring you all the nominations from the event.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if Mika does not win Best Male then there's something rotten going on.

It makes all logical, commercial, artistic sense even though I'm sure many will try and justify giving it to someone like, for example, Dizzee Rascal, who as far as British 'urban' artists go I think is not bad, but NO competition for Mika in any sense whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fact!

(OK, the item says next Monday February 14, but I'm sure they mean JANUARY 14, as it was just posted, and there are a few other typos in there.)

The Brit Award nominations are out next week with Adele, Editors and Bate For Lashes playing live…

The Brit Awards nominations are set to be announced next Monday February 14 and MTV News will be there.

Details of the event, at Camden Roundhouse, have been revealed with four live acts set to perform live.

Editors, The Hoosiers, Bat For Lashes and Adele- who will pick up the Critics Choice Award at the ceremony- will all play at the launch event.

The actual Brits ceremony will take place on February 20 at Earls Court in London where we will already predict wins for Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead and Amy Winehouse.

Best Male is likely to be contested by Mika, James Blunt and (if there’s any justice) Dizzee Rascal. We’d bet Best Female will be fought over by Kate Nash and Amy Winehouse.

All will be revealed on Monday when MTV News will bring you all the nominations from the event.

if there is any justice,

this journalist has to fall down the stairs of his house.

:cool:

if there is any justice,

this journalist has to fall down the stairs of his house.

:cool:

I like your style robertina :naughty::thumb_yello:

Not that I wish harm on any fellow human being:bleh: only Mika haters :naughty: Only joking of course:mf_rosetinted:

I think personally Mika has no problem there, although if he wasn't nominated, my money would be on Dizzee, far more talented than Blunt any day.

Nothing about best single or album, guess we'll have to wait 'til Monday then.

I think personally Mika has no problem there, although if he wasn't nominated, my money would be on Dizzee, far more talented than Blunt any day.

Nothing about best single or album, guess we'll have to wait 'til Monday then.

I think Dizzee is talented too, I don't usually like urban music but I liked Sirens and Flex. That's why I'm slightly worried, because he is much more the sort of artist who the snobby British music industry likes to champion, rather than someone like our Mika, who is more deserving IMO.

Blunt is okay - 'just okay' :naughty: , not worthy of all the vitriol he gets, but 'okay'.

How could James Blunt possibly beat Mika? If he does, it's a fix!!!!!!

Love today, from Marilyn

if james blunt wins over mika, I'm not even gonna comment... :sneaky2::thumbdown:

My thoughts exactly. i´m not sure if mika will win (i´m sure he´s gonna be nominated tho) but i´d rather anyone except james blunt :D

Thanks for posting, deb