Mika nominated for WORST dressed?!!!!

paula.pop

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon where are the real nominations?? Well??

Out of the 5 nominated for Worst Album, I love 4 of them!!

Worst Album

'1973' - James Blunt

'The Trick To Life' – The Hoosiers

'Spirit' - Leona Lewis

'Life In Cartoon Motion' - Mika

'Blackout' - Britney Spears

Those have to be a joke, as for Pete Doherty and Gerard Way on both lists that can't be right

I think it's something to do with them being biased. After all, the only music that exists is indie rock right??? Well. according to NME.

And yeah. i agree with you about the Pete Doherty thing. Who is he anyway? he's more famous for his addictions than music. He doesn't even compare to our clean living Mika.

Whatever!!!!!!

i'm pretty sure all the NME nominations were submitted by readers, hence some of the contradictions/choices

:blink:

heh? Can NME readers write?

I thought they were only buying the paper for the pics of shabby-looking drunkards.:cool:

MIKA? Worst dressed? :blink: So not true! Those people who make those nomination have no idea of style :thumbdown:

No they don't! Let the man dress himself the way he wants to:naughty:

You are so right! And in my opinion he does a wonderful job by dressing like the way he does!

yes he does, at least he's not following the crowd (like some in the best dressed catagorie :thumbdown: ), he goes his own way!

Hmm... As much as I admire Mika for having the guts to wear the bright, colorful clothes he does wear, I have to say that simply, Mika's sense of dress is not what--how do I say it--the people in the fashion industry would consider to be "good," Like, there's a public widespread idea of what is good fashion sense and what isn't and Mika falls into what is not good and what they say goes.

I don't really know how the other people nominated for that category dress, since I don't hear/read much about them, but I did once see Pete Doherty... Based on that outfit alone, I think he deserves the Worst Dressed award. But if he dresses much better than that on a regular basis, I don't know. I guess he wouldn't.

I hope you guys don't bite my head off for this, but I can see why Mika would be among those nominated for Worst Dressed.

A guy (BRENDAN BEHAN-1923--1964) made famous a quote that goes:

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BAD PUBLICITY

--EXCEPT YOUR OWN OBITUARY."

He has a less famous quote that goes:

"C R I T I C S

ARE LIKE EUNUCHS IN A HAREM;

THEY KNOW HOW IT'S DONE,

THEY'VE SEEN IT DONE EVERY DAY,

B U T,

THEY'RE UNABLE TO DO IT THEMSELVES."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't take this TOO seriously: It's sort of a joke.

Anyway, MIKA'S dress style is a BIG part of his image or even "brand!"

I don't care, I like his style anyway! you know those skinny jeans :naughty: who would not like them? but we're different so...

You're completely missing my point, which is that, it's these "fashion people" who decide "the look" and what is "good dress" and "bad dress." Obviously from their point of view, Mika falls into the worst dressed category, regardless of whether or not Mika fans like it.