2008 - Mika @ Guvernment Kool Haus in Toronto, Ontario, 29 Jan REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Girls;

I am new to this site. I was at the Mod Club last March and was so looking

forward to this show. I am probably the oldest fan on this site but like they

say age is only a number right?LOL

I am posting my video on youtube under lucky448-as you will see I like all

types of music from Michael Buble to INXS and MIKA inbetween!

I'm sorry that I had to take the video sideways but I wanted to get MIKA's

whole body in the shots-the sound on my video is excellent and the video

is quite good too just fades in and out a bit but this is all from a $300 camera

so I can't complain.

So I hope you enjoy them-leave me comments and let me know.

I was standing on the right side behind 4 lovely girls who had been in line

since 1:00pm. I was further back in line but for some odd reason everyone

infront of me decided to check their coats! So I ended up closer than I

had expected so that made the night even more special!

Over the last two years I have travelled with friends to INXS concerts all

over Ontario and parts of the U.S. and had the time of my life.

My husband and friend joined me last night and had a great time too!

I wish I would have known about this board before last night as I would have

loved to have said hello.:thumb_yello:

happy you had a great time last night! his concerts are special!

Yep. If you just read back a few pages, you'll see my pics plastered all over the place. :naughty: I attempted a "photo journal"-type of reporting. I have the red jacket on.

Your pictures look great!!

I took a gazillion!!!

And a few vids here and there!:thumb_yello:

PS- I loved "How Much Do You Love Me"!!!!!!

He better put it on his next album!!! :naughty:

Yes he's already mentioned that he plans to.

I loved your bear! You did such a fabulous job on it and it was great that Mika took it right at the start of the show so he could be up on stage the whole time. I wouldn't be surprised if your bear puts in an appearance on the rest of the tour as well.

Are you also the person that asked Mika if he would play London next time he's in Canada? If so I was right behind you when he was talking to everyone outside.

Yes he's already mentioned that he plans to.

I loved your bear! You did such a fabulous job on it and it was great that Mika took it right at the start of the show so he could be up on stage the whole time. I wouldn't be surprised if your bear puts in an appearance on the rest of the tour as well.

Are you also the person that asked Mika if he would play London next time he's in Canada? If so I was right behind you when he was talking to everyone outside.

Great! :thumb_yello:

Thank you so much! It would be awesome if it appeared at other shows or in an interview or something like that!! :bleh:

No, it was my best friend that asked him about playing London next time.

Omg, I can't believe you were right behind us outside! We were wearing the homemade t-shirts with Mika pics all over them, and I had red skinny jeans on!

Do you live in London?

Hey Girls;

I am new to this site. I was at the Mod Club last March and was so looking

forward to this show. I am probably the oldest fan on this site but like they

say age is only a number right?LOL

I am posting my video on youtube under lucky448-as you will see I like all

types of music from Michael Buble to INXS and MIKA inbetween!

I'm sorry that I had to take the video sideways but I wanted to get MIKA's

whole body in the shots-the sound on my video is excellent and the video

is quite good too just fades in and out a bit but this is all from a $300 camera

so I can't complain.

So I hope you enjoy them-leave me comments and let me know.

I was standing on the right side behind 4 lovely girls who had been in line

since 1:00pm. I was further back in line but for some odd reason everyone

infront of me decided to check their coats! So I ended up closer than I

had expected so that made the night even more special!

Over the last two years I have travelled with friends to INXS concerts all

over Ontario and parts of the U.S. and had the time of my life.

My husband and friend joined me last night and had a great time too!

I wish I would have known about this board before last night as I would have

loved to have said hello.:thumb_yello:

WELCOME! I thought I might be the oldest on this forum too at one time...but you might be pleasantly surprised. We actually have an "Oldlings" thread (yeah, for lack of a better term, we just stuck with the name and everyone's so used to it now :naughty: ). They (we) are a very welcoming bunch so don't hesitate to introduce yourself in that thread, and/or make a formal introduction in the "Introductions" thread, and you might even want to say "hello" or participate in the "Canadians" thread. :thumb_yello:

Oldlings thread:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12302

Introductions:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Canadian Thread:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3359

Please excuse the idiot screaming mikaaaa mika youre hot mikaaaaa (she was screaming mika stick it in me in some other songs) it was quite disturbing she needed a reality check and a mouth gag... and maybe one of those mental restraining jackets so that she'd stop elbowing me and groping me.. mika had the poor girl in HEAT (my camera droped down a few times as i turn around and try to remove her hand from its position on my body)

Without further babbling from me:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HUZ5K1E8

Finally finished downloading....Great stuff!

THANK YOU LANA! :thumb_yello:

No, it was my best friend that asked him about playing London next time.

Omg, I can't believe you were right behind us outside! We were wearing the homemade t-shirts with Mika pics all over them, and I had red skinny jeans on!

Do you live in London?

Oh I also noticed you inside after the show ended because I saw your shirts. They were fantastic too! I was wondering why these hardcore Mika fans weren't MFCers. :roftl:

I'm not from London. I live just down the street from the Kool Haus actually. I was just interested in Mika's answer because he said he was going to do a more extensive Canadian tour next time around. I guess that means dates like Ottawa and Calgary too.

why is my file temporary unavailable lol i just uploaded it!

It still works for me:blink: I just saved it after a long time downloading. Literally several minutes ago it was finished and I saved it and it works fine.

Oh I also noticed you inside after the show ended because I saw your shirts. They were fantastic too! I was wondering why these hardcore Mika fans weren't MFCers. :roftl:

I'm not from London. I live just down the street from the Kool Haus actually. I was just interested in Mika's answer because he said he was going to do a more extensive Canadian tour next time around. I guess that means dates like Ottawa and Calgary too.

lol yeah I was wearing my MFC pin/button on my t-shirt, but next to all of the pics it wasn't very noticable! Cowbella noticed my t-shirt and I got her to sign it... although I wish that I could've gotten Mika to sign it!!!!!!!

Yes! I was happy with his answer, because he said that he was going to do all of Canada on his tour next time! Were you in line early because you live close to the Kool Haus?

Yes, we only had like 5 minutes to go over it but i think it worked out rather well. I didn't mess up at least!!! Ahhh. I'm cheating posting this haha. Must go to bed now!!AHHH. I slept 4 hours last night and 3 in the car off and on -so i'm tired. oi, alrighty then for real now- talk to you all later!:thumb_yello:

I know it's already been said to you so many times now, but I also wanted to mention that you did a great job as Lollipop Girl! :thumb_yello:

You looked adorable, it suited you very well.

And Veronique (Sunshine931) too, of course - she's a professional now!

I know it's already been said to you so many times now, but I also wanted to mention that you did a great job as Lollipop Girl! :thumb_yello:

You looked adorable, it suited you very well.

And Veronique (Sunshine931) too, of course - she's a professional now!

i cant wait to hear from vero and the girls! they r probably SO tired!

lol yeah I was wearing my MFC pin/button on my t-shirt, but next to all of the pics it wasn't very noticable! Cowbella noticed my t-shirt and I got her to sign it... although I wish that I could've gotten Mika to sign it!!!!!!!

Yes! I was happy with his answer, because he said that he was going to do all of Canada on his tour next time! Were you in line early because you live close to the Kool Haus?

I was quite far away from you inside the Kool Haus so that's probably why I didn't notice the pin. You couldn't miss the pics of Mika though! The shirts were really cool.

Living close to the venue certainly helped me get in the line early, but Suzy, Sariflor and I were determined to be front and centre for this one because we knew it was going to be an exceptional show. Sariflor has been to a few shows in Europe and said this one was the best.

I enjoyed it much more than the Mod Club even though it was a bigger venue because Mika spent so much time standing right in front of us and giving us constant eye contact that we may as well have been the only people in the room.

i cant wait to hear from vero and the girls! they r probably SO tired!

Yeah they were up all night after the Montreal gig and probably didn't get much sleep last night either. We left them after lunch and they were on their way to see the CN Tower so they'll probably be wiped out by the time they get back home.

Yeah they were up all night after the Montreal gig and probably didn't get much sleep last night either. We left them after lunch and they were on their way to see the CN Tower so they'll probably be wiped out by the time they get back home.

i know! i talked to them on MSN all night after the montreal show... was exciting!

ill wait for tomorrow hopefully they will go out of bed before going to NY ;)

christine! take suzy and come to LA!!! PLEASE!!!

I was quite far away from you inside the Kool Haus so that's probably why I didn't notice the pin. You couldn't miss the pics of Mika though! The shirts were really cool.

Living close to the venue certainly helped me get in the line early, but Suzy, Sariflor and I were determined to be front and centre for this one because we knew it was going to be an exceptional show. Sariflor has been to a few shows in Europe and said this one was the best.

I enjoyed it much more than the Mod Club even though it was a bigger venue because Mika spent so much time standing right in front of us and giving us constant eye contact that we may as well have been the only people in the room.

Thanks, they were fun to make!:naughty:

Was he on the same level as you in the Mod Club? Is it a very small place?

This was my first Mika show, and I thought it was AMAZING!!

Christine

I love how you felt like the only ones because of Mika's constant eye contact, it is amazing how so many people can come away with that impression.

He is so very good at what he does!!

And please don't take my last post as me personally being particularly interested in Mika's grooming. I was surprised to see I had a pic of him in a similar position and really couldn't see any difference but the lighting.

Not that I care.:mf_rosetinted:

I just want him here in Japan ASAP.:mf_rosetinted:

they had a bus back to montreal after the toronto gig... like 7-8 hours drive...

im sure they are asleep or something :blink:

Oh...damn :naughty:

I've been waiting for their reports haha, I'm such a stalker :lmao:

christine! take suzy and come to LA!!! PLEASE!!!

Oh I would love to see you and Summer again (still sad you couldn't come to Toronto!), but the London trip is all I can manage right now. Hopefully the timing of his next tour will be better and we can all do some road trips, especially to cities with small venues.

Fro anyone who's interested, here's the full video of SITM with the hiccup and after comment :lmao:

Oh thanks for that. She also uploaded a video of Happy Ending which I was looking for because Sariflor didn't record it. I don't particularly care for HE on LICM but he really went for it last night and it was such a great performance. You can see him looking down in our direction around 2:36 and we got lots of eye contact during this song. :wub2:

Christine

I love how you felt like the only ones because of Mika's constant eye contact, it is amazing how so many people can come away with that impression.

It's funny how we're all standing so close together but you can always tell who he's looking at. Sariflor got more eye contact than I did but he seemed to be constantly scanning the half dozen of us or so in front of the catwalk because that's where he stood so much of the time.

It worked in reverse too...it was as if no one else was on stage except Mika because of the way the catwalk separated him from the rest of the stage, especially from our vantage point. The only time I noticed any of the other band members was during Missionary Man, Holy Johnny and when Mikey came out onto the catwalk for his solo while Mika was stripping down for Love Today.

And please don't take my last post as me personally being particularly interested in Mika's grooming.

Oh don't worry I don't. And I don't care if you care or don't care about Mika's grooming habits. :naughty: I've just noticed people getting their knickers in a knot about this kind of thing lately and I don't want to take any flak because I'm just trying to clarify. Some of the photos posted from the show are a bit deceiving because the stage appeared very smoky and the lighting in the venue sucked.

wow! great pictures everyone!

well...here is my review.

We left my school at about 11 AM to drive an hour to Loblaws to meet my friends moms boyfriend. Once we got there, my friend and I decided we needed to eat some food. By this time it was about 11:45. After we were finished eating our food we left to walk to the Kool Haus. To my suprise there were a few people lined up already. I didn't really care too much cause I actually proved my friend wrong. I told here there were some hardcore Mika fans out there. By the way, thanks to EVERYONE I met (SORRY! I'm awful at remembering names) you made my first Mika concert so much better for me, you were ALL so kind. Anyways we finallly got in 7 hours later! The opening band Creature came on first (I'm definately seeing them on March 6th!) and they were awesome. And then came Mika. I can't even describe how I felt during the show. I LOVE how much he connects with the crowd. I swear we made eye contact a million times. I loved everything about this show. The only downer was when the sound got screwed up during Love Today, but at least everyone in the crowd still sang it. The finale of the show was AMAZING. I seriously can't go to anyother show now cause all I will be doing is comparing it to Mika. I'm going to be posting some of my pictures tomorrow(they're not the best), my ankle is throbing in pain right now so im heading to bed.