2008 - Mika @ Guvernment Kool Haus in Toronto, Ontario, 29 Jan REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

lollipop_monkey

so the same can be said for the band, bab?

i sincerely appreciate luke, i love his music, but i very rarely leave messages on his myspace, cause i feel i could do that only to be 'in touch'' with mika's environment.

i liked andy anyway, as i said, it's a fine and kind gift of the wizard to us.

and he was lovely to talk to. just that!

Possibly, but personally I have always found the band more friendly and interesting to talk to. I have seen Andy a few times, but maybe I just have had more opportunity to talk to the band so I view them differently.

I just have this feeling about Andy that I can't put my finger on.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly, but personally I have always found the band more friendly and interesting to talk to. I have seen Andy a few times, but maybe I just have had more opportunity to talk to the band so I view them differently.

I just have this feeling about Andy that I can't put my finger on.

teaser :wink2: like something you have to wait for mika... like for a movie i mean : andy is the crowd motivator telling them all they want to hear and then comes mika and his show...

talking for nothing though, NEVER EVER met him, he wasn't in paris...

teaser :wink2: like something you have to wait for mika... like for a movie i mean : andy is the crowd motivator telling them all they want to hear and then comes mika and his show...

talking for nothing though, NEVER EVER met him, he wasn't in paris...

Heh, and like a true apple, I'm just not impressed with what he has to tell us. :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks for the report Suzy - Glad you all had a great time :thumb_yello: Did it make up for Hammersmith ?:naughty:

I think we should all take note of the comic book style report a-la-Suzy. Beware London people, I'm gonna be taking photos of everyone/everything (even more than usual :blink:)

Thanks for the report Suzy - Glad you all had a great time :thumb_yello: Did it make up for Hammersmith ?:naughty:

I think we should all take note of the comic book style report a-la-Suzy. Beware London people, I'm gonna be taking photos of everyone/everything (even more than usual :blink:)

Come to my thread. :wink2:

He may be a really nice guy if you know him, maybe. But I bet no one would give him a second glance if he didn't have a camera and hang round with Mika.

I don't know. That's kind of the same way I feel about Mika - maybe he's genuinely a nice guy if you know him, maybe not. At this point I've had more face time with Andy than Mika so I feel like I "know" him better personally. That doesn't mean I don't have an opinion that Mika is a nice guy even though what I know about him is almost entirely from distant observation or second-hand accounts.

I don't think Andy is drool worthy either but only because I'm 40 and he looks 18 in many pics (although he looks older in person because he's quite tall). I do think he is cute though and if I was still young I would have noticed him without the camera for sure.

Of all of Mika's entourage I've only really had conversations with Luke, Mikey and Andy. As much as you can possibly draw conclusions with such limited interaction, I think they all seem like nice guys and will probably continue to think so unless I see or hear of something to the contrary.

If going to NYC wasn't costing a small fortune, I would seriously consider SLC since it IS such a small venue...

Yeah I'm already breaking the bank on 2 London trips so NYC just seems too extravagant in terms of time and money. I do appreciate the hotel offer though and am really tempted because I'd love to meet you, Jack and the other NYC peeps.

Not sure if you want Suzy bunking with you though since she's bringing her hubby. :naughty:

Okay! i have to give a quick update right now (because i can't resist!) I'll give a more detailed one later (i have to eat now because i haven't eaten since 8 this morning!) :wink2:

OKAY! so last night was the BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!!! Mika is the sweetest nicest person ever in my experience! (ah, its hard not to elaborate now, but i will later!) I got to meet him and take a pic with him!!! YAY!! I gave him the scarf and bracelets that i made him (yes, i knitted a scarf...i wish i had taken a pic of it! its bright blue, black and white...god i hope he wears it!) After i gave him his gifts he gave me a quick hug and kissed me on the cheek(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

I have SOO much new respect for him on stage!!! oh GOODNESS!! i was wearing a short dress (although the petticoat was hotter than i thought!) i was still so hot! i was in the dark to the side of the stage singing along to all the songs and i started to lose my voice. When i went on stage- SO MUCH FUN! i wish i could do that every night- i was jumping around and clapping and doing the short little dance in the front (the video is posted on another page on this thread- thanks for taping!!!) I was out of breath at the end and so hot!! Mika looked as if somebody had poured a bucket of water on his head in that costume!

(this whole post is out of order, i'll make things clear in my detailed post)Later, when i was about to leave I asked mika if he was going outside to sign stuff and he said only for a minute because he didn't feel well. (don't blame him at all, i was only on for one song and i wasn't even singing it and i was soooo tired and didn't feel al that well because i hadn't eaten much that day - too excited! ) He agreed to meet my sister very briefly (i asked because she was right out the door and she was so excited about this and at that point it looked as if she might not meet him. I did feel kind of bad though because at first he was hesitant and i was about to be like "oh thats fine, i hope you feel better, thank you!" and all that jazz, but then he was like okay, quickly. so we walked down to where my sis was (not very far, although, i was so happy that i forgot to say anything - i was so annoyed with myself for that even though it was only a few seconds walk). Anyways, my sis was beyond ecstatic and said thank you to him and at first he said he couldn't going to take a pic but- because he is such a sweet guy- he agreed to take a quick picture with her so i think i deserve best sister of the year award, right here! I did feel bad that he did this even though he wasn't feeling well but he is so incredibly nice!! I hope i get to do this again because it was amazing, i'll tell more later!!

Basically...everything was fabulous!!!

2229592893_53e4c732a3_o.jpg

I don't know who took this one but thank you!! it shows both of us and mika nicely for our little dance! The weird part is i didn't even know he was there at that point!

DSC00599_2.jpg

This is me and Mika!!! (The force was with me, i don't look as stupid in this as most pics i take and Mika looks super cute. THANK YOU!!!!)

Okay! i have to give a quick update right now (because i can't resist!) I'll give a more detailed one later (i have to eat now because i haven't eaten since 8 this morning!) :wink2:

OKAY! so last night was the BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!!! Mika is the sweetest nicest person ever in my experience! (ah, its hard not to elaborate now, but i will later!) I got to meet him and take a pic with him!!! YAY!! I gave him the scarf and bracelets that i made him (yes, i knitted a scarf...i wish i had taken a pic of it! its bright blue, black and white...god i hope he wears it!) After i gave him his gifts he gave me a quick hug and kissed me on the cheek(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

I have SOO much new respect for him on stage!!! oh GOODNESS!! i was wearing a short dress (although the petticoat was hotter than i thought!) i was still so hot! i was in the dark to the side of the stage singing along to all the songs and i started to lose my voice. When i went on stage- SO MUCH FUN! i wish i could do that every night- i was jumping around and clapping and doing the short little dance in the front (the video is posted on another page on this thread- thanks for taping!!!) I was out of breath at the end and so hot!! Mika looked as if somebody had poured a bucket of water on his head in that costume!

(this whole post is out of order, i'll make things clear in my detailed post)Later, when i was about to leave I asked mika if he was going outside to sign stuff and he said only for a minute because he didn't feel well. (don't blame him at all, i was only on for one song and i wasn't even singing it and i was soooo tired and didn't feel al that well because i hadn't eaten much that day - too excited! ) He agreed to meet my sister very briefly (i asked because she was right out the door and she was so excited about this and at that point it looked as if she might not meet him. I did feel kind of bad though because at first he was hesitant and i was about to be like "oh thats fine, i hope you feel better, thank you!" and all that jazz, but then he was like okay, quickly. so we walked down to where my sis was (not very far, although, i was so happy that i forgot to say anything - i was so annoyed with myself for that even though it was only a few seconds walk). Anyways, my sis was beyond ecstatic and said thank you to him and at first he said he couldn't going to take a pic but- because he is such a sweet guy- he agreed to take a quick picture with her so i think i deserve best sister of the year award, right here! I did feel bad that he did this even though he wasn't feeling well but he is so incredibly nice!! I hope i get to do this again because it was amazing, i'll tell more later!!

Basically...everything was fabulous!!!

2229592893_53e4c732a3_o.jpg

I don't know who took this one but thank you!! it shows both of us and mika nicely for our little dance! The weird part is i didn't even know he was there at that point!

DSC00599_2.jpg

This is me and Mika!!! (The force was with me, i don't look as stupid in this as most pics i take and Mika looks super cute. THANK YOU!!!!)

You were a FRIGGIN CUTE Lollipop Girl!

And you both look GREAT in that picture!

Can't wait for your detailed report. :wink2:

Aww..how kind of Mika!

ok sooo im home

and it took me forever to read this thread

last night was awesomeeee (not gonna lie i def still liked mod club better when he was "our little secret") haha... I dunno! I suppose im a hog oh well

ANYWAY i got some awesome videos... Holy johnny, that new song (i cant remember what its called anymore) love today grace kelly and lollipop girl (plus the animal picnic dance.. which was SO beyond PG-13) lol... anyways im gonna blend it all into one movie and upload it to mega upload... my connection is lacking but hopefully it works out because the quality is pretty awesome... I have the whole drum solo thing with topless mika.. (first thing i noticed was that he'd payed a visit to the salon and had his chest waxed... or maybe he shaved? and hes really quite toned!! VERY NICE! i was impressed)

Lollipop girls.. I have a nice video of you guys with mika's head btw the two of you.. its cute... SO anyway... its a pretty large file... its like 200 mb i think? and in its full version its 5 gigs... hopefully the 200mb is uploadable lol...

It was lovely seeing all you guys last night!

*edit* what im uploading shrunk the video to 136 mb im not very good at techy things but i know that the quality of picture isnt as nice as the 5 gig one lol.. but then i suppose that is to be expected... however if someone wants the original versions of things i can put them on a cd and in the mail or something

I think lollipop monkey posted that the Kool Haus had a capacity of 2,500 but it's only 1,400. There is a club attached called The Guvernment where DJs do larger shows, but that's not the room where Mika performed. I think we had as intimate a show as it's ever going to get with Mika on a regular tour.

Oh my bad - tsk tsk, here I am spreading misinformation.

That's great that it was so intimate! And to think Montreal was what, 10,000 or something? Wow.

being the retard that i am and not much of a poster on here i just saw that we cant post mikas demos... does that also mean we cant post the footage of the new song and holy johnny from the concerts? cuz in that case ive gotta re up the video and take those out...

being the retard that i am and not much of a poster on here i just saw that we cant post mikas demos... does that also mean we cant post the footage of the new song and holy johnny from the concerts? cuz in that case ive gotta re up the video and take those out...

No, you can post those. hurry!!! i wanna see!!!!:bleh::thumb_yello: