2008 - Mika @ Guvernment Kool Haus in Toronto, Ontario, 29 Jan REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

lollipop_monkey

I don't think Mika's voice is at the same level as a professional opera singer and he's not singing opera in any case. I doubt that the opera singers are zipping back and forth across the stage and jumping up and down while they are doing non-stop solos for over an hour at a time.

I'm not suggesting he never gets sick - obviously he does. I just find the idea that it's because he takes his shirt off for a couple of minutes when it's close to human body temperature on the stage to be ludicrous. There are a thousand more plausible reasons to explain why he's getting sick.

has anyone ever thought to think he has an illness!

something that affects his immune system!

I do ! and yes I catch things all the time!

Maybe he has something undiagnosed!

or maybe he needs more vitamins!

Sounds like something more internal to me! I am a pharmacist! I know these things!:mf_rosetinted: :mf_rosetinted: :wub2: :wub2:

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Mika's voice is at the same level as a professional opera singer and he's not singing opera in any case. I doubt that the opera singers are zipping back and forth across the stage and jumping up and down while they are doing non-stop solos for over an hour at a time.

I'm not suggesting he never gets sick - obviously he does. I just find the idea that it's because he takes his shirt off for a couple of minutes when it's close to human body temperature on the stage to be ludicrous. There are a thousand more plausible reasons to explain why he's getting sick.

I dunno every opera singer in the world and there surely are some who get sore throat (or burst a vein) cause of their singing. my sentence was generally meant. :bleh:

you know what ? you could run outside by -30°C, if there is no microb out there for you to catch, you will NOT be ill (that's the therory). those microbs need HUMIDITY to develop. so if you're running outside in a dry atmosphere, there are supposely no microbs, if it's humid, there are some.

the atmosphere is hardly dry in a venue. he would catch a microb anyway, shirt or no shirt, just because he's sweating his a*s off in a humid atmosphere.

it could just be a irritation sore throat and not a ill sore throat, future will tell.

I agree.

I noticed you mentioned that opera singers sing louder than him and don't have trouble with their throats. I beg to differ.

My best friend has done countless operatic productions and quite a few times has had sore throats afterwards, it's an occupational hazzard apparently.

maybe it's both of the things, maybe it's one of them, maybe it's none. certaintly he seems not to be very resistant. :wink2:

It's insane the effort this man puts into singing. On top of that he is doing a one-hour plus high intensity aerobic workout every night and trying to function on minimal sleep.

There is no way I could ever sing AND bound around like that :shocked:

Did he not have any chest hair, Christine? Jack was alluding to the fact that he didn't...in the flickr photos it looked like he may be tidied up but maybe it was the lighting....

You, of all people, would know ;)

Did he not have any chest hair, Christine? Jack was alluding to the fact that he didn't...in the flickr photos it looked like he may be tidied up but maybe it was the lighting....

You, of all people, would know ;)

Hmmm...I've already been asked and actually I didn't really notice, believe it or not. I mean he's definitely got hair on his torso, you can see it in the pics and I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if he was totally waxed. I've only seen him twice without his shirt on so it's difficult to say if it was less than usual. He doesn't really spend time close to the stage and facing the audience. When he did come up close he was throwing the drum sticks and you're concentrating on trying to catch them!

Did you magic him?

Yes I was attempting to innoculate him for his performances in February.

she gave him sore throat :fisch::bleh:

You may be right. I must have cast the wrong spell because Andy seemed to think Mika was ready to crowd surf and sign autographs after the show. Damn faulty wand! :thumbdown:

The Kool Haus is about that size but without the balcony. I think lollipop monkey posted that the Kool Haus had a capacity of 2,500 but it's only 1,400. There is a club attached called The Guvernment where DJs do larger shows, but that's not the room where Mika performed. I think we had as intimate a show as it's ever going to get with Mika on a regular tour.

You may be right. I must have cast the wrong spell because Andy seemed to think Mika was ready to crowd surf and sign autographs after the show. Damn faulty wand! :thumbdown:

yeah, bad bad wand. :thumbdown: never a good one, when ya need it.. :sneaky2:

did ya speak to andy, christine? referring to the above. ^

how many more dates will ya do in canada/US? :wink2:

2230613904_6fd711d070.jpg

How does he get up there? Is there little steps towards the back of it?

Thanks, Christine re: chest hair. I have to admit I didn't even notice until Jack said something. (bad, unpervy fan)

yeah there are steps at the back of it :wink2:

did ya speak to andy, christine? referring to the above. ^

how many more dates will ya do in canada/US? :wink2:

Yeah we talked to Andy a couple of times outside and then just before the show. Andy stood up on a shelf on the barrier right in front of Suzy to film the crowd. I asked him to tell Mika to do the same thing - i.e. jump off the stage and get up on the barrier. He indicated Mika might be up for it and we talked about how it should be a good show because it was intimate and the crowd was excited. I said I was actually surprised that they'd chosen such a small venue for Toronto and Andy said they didn't know whether to expect these sell-outs in North America and they usually err on the side of caution when planning these things because it's better to have an enthusiastic sell-out crowd than a half-empty venue.

It's probably best that Mika didn't jump down because I think this crowd would have gone apesh*t and crushed us. They were even going nuts trying to be seen on camera when they realized that Andy was Mika's cameraman and Mika was going to watch the footage.

Suzy has tempted me to go to NY, but I think it might be a bit much. I am really wiped out and we'd probably have to buy expensive tickets since the show is sold out. I'm already going to London again soon and I don't know that NY is going to be much better. It's twice the size of the Toronto venue and I don't think there's any chance we're going to be front and centre again.