REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: MIKA in Salt Lake City, UT -- In the Venue: 08-02-2008

dcdeb

She's disconnected me now, so I imagine she's trying to find him for a meet and greet... hope that happens for them!

I bet he spends lots of time with them. This was definitely the gig to be at.

Thanks for the report Deb. And thanks Charlie! Let's just pray there's some good quality videos out there.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me, too! I also love how it sounds like the audience is getting to hear Martin and Co speak. I love Mika, and could listen to him all day, but it's cool to hear that everyone is getting a chance to talk.

Could you hear anything anyone said, Deb?

It was so loud and distorted so it was hard to make out what was

being said. The one word I could make out was RADIO before they

started Grace Kelly. I think they were saying something about playing

their song from the radio? It was hard to tell. Just before GK, Martin

was playing his guitar a bit, and Mika spoke, then Martin spoke...

So I notice that he didn't do Big Girl, My Interpretation, How

Much Do You Love Me, Ring Ring... but more than made up for

it by doing Everybody's Talking. Because that's a quiet song

I could hear that fairly clearly -- it sounded great. :wub2:

dcdeb

1000 people :shocked: Wow wow wow...........

Then Kath remembers that a year ago she saw Mika for the first time with an audience of about that size...:naughty: but...........that was a lifetime ago wasn't it.............I can't imagine it now :shocked:

I'm doing the best I can to bring it to you as it happens, Blue Sky!

I'm thrilled that Charlie called and just left her phone on -- we

didn't talk about it in advance, but I'm so glad it worked out!

I feel almost as if I was there! Almost :)

She's disconnected me now, so I imagine she's trying to find him

for a meet and greet... hope that happens for them!

dcdeb

I hope so too. I hope Mika will be in a "gotta make it up to the fans" mood.:wub2:

He is so kind whenever he can be, can you imagine being there tonight....

assuming they are not being rushed onto some other event afterwards:blink:

1000 people :shocked: Wow wow wow...........

Then Kath remembers that a year ago she saw Mika for the first time with an audience of about that size...:naughty: but...........that was a lifetime ago wasn't it.............I can't imagine it now :shocked:

i would have loved to have had that first experience...never had the chance though :blink:

The one word I could make out was RADIO before they started Grace Kelly. I think they were saying something about playing

their song from the radio?

Maybe it was his speech about the lack of radio play being made up for by the reception he's getting for his live shows.

This is the cruelst sentence I've ever read :naughty:

:naughty: Sorry...but I really thought "OMG why couldn't I have heard that song live??"

And then I remembered... :doh:

It was a long time ago and I'm old.

i would have loved to have had that first experience...never had the chance though :blink:

I know. I spent most of last year thinking...'It will never be like this again...got to make the most of it' :shocked:

It was so loud and distorted so it was hard to make out what was

being said. The one word I could make out was RADIO before they

started Grace Kelly. I think they were saying something about playing

their song from the radio? It was hard to tell. Just before GK, Martin

was playing his guitar a bit, and Mika spoke, then Martin spoke...

So I notice that he didn't do Big Girl, My Interpretation, How

Much Do You Love Me, Ring Ring... but more than made up for

it by doing Everybody's Talking. Because that's a quiet song

I could hear that fairly clearly -- it sounded great. :wub2:

dcdeb

Awww, I can't wait to see the pics/video tomorrow! But we're so lucky you were here to let us know what was going on, Deb. Now I'm just curious what happens after the show...:wub2:

Maybe it was his speech about the lack of radio play being made up for by the reception he's getting for his live shows.

:naughty: Sorry...but I really thought "OMG why couldn't I have heard that song live??"

And then I remembered... :doh:

It was a long time ago and I'm old.

no you're not old...age is only a number :mf_rosetinted:

Kath, you know when the Big M played to 1000 people in Tokyo in July it was the most mental, crushing crowd I have ever been in. My clothes were gradually being pulled off me by the crush.:naughty: I cannot imagine a Tokyo crowd of the numbers of, say, the Montreal gig. We would have to all have seats or we would die! (Japan is the land where you can fill commuter trains to triple their capacity and still think that sort of crush is normal.:blink:)

Sorry... not thread hijacking....

Back to the post-concert wait!

Kath, you know when the Big M played to 1000 people in Tokyo in July it was the most mental, crushing crowd I have ever been in. My clothes were gradually being pulled off me by the crush.:naughty: I cannot imagine a Tokyo crowd of the numbers of, say, the Montreal gig. We would have to all have seats or we would die! (Japan is the land where you can fill commuter trains to triple their capacity and still think that sort of crush is normal.:blink:)

Sorry... not thread hijacking....

Back to the post-concert wait!

i've seen pics of that a was like :shocked:

LOL:shocked: I see what you mean! And yes, 1000 people is still a lot of people...but as you say..compared to Montreal it must seem tiny. Let us hope there are not too many Japanese in SLC!!!:naughty:

Plus, I'm only 25 and I have lapses all the time. :naughty: When I was at university, I was walking to class one day, totally zoned out, and forgot where I was going! Had a moment of panic, then finally remembered as I saw the building ahead of me. Oh...how embarrassing...:bleh:

Anyways, sorry to veer off-topic. MIKA!

LOL:shocked: I see what you mean! And yes, 1000 people is still a lot of people...but as you say..compared to Montreal it must seem tiny. Let us hope there are not too many Japanese in SLC!!!:naughty:

I cannot imagine SLC is a big hub for the Japanese expat crowd LOL! NY and LA maybe.

When you're front, do you really feel the difference between a 1000 persons venue and a 10 000 one?

I mean, in Brussels, there were 6999 people behind me and I really didn't realize it until I saw the videos on youtube :naughty:

Not when your brain cells are so shot that you forget that you saw Mika perform Everybody's Talkin' live. :boxed:

I know. I spent most of last year thinking...'It will never be like this again...got to make the most of it' :shocked:

That's why the Toronto show was so important to me. When am I ever going to see Mika in a 1,400 capacity venue again? He may still do some small shows when he returns to North America but I had to assume that this was going to be it. I even skipped Montreal because I didn't want to take any chances that I couldn't get back to Toronto on time.

Hilary (aka Heneiken22) Just called me!

She's veeeery happy!

She said the show was amazing!

She's waiting for a meet and greet, and she said she'll report later tonight because she has lots of good stuff to tell.

And I told her repetitively that I hate her at the moment.:naughty:

When you're front, do you really feel the difference between a 1000 persons venue and a 10 000 one?

I mean, in Brussels, there were 6999 people behind me and I really didn't realize it until I saw the videos on youtube :naughty:

Don't know............I will tell you after Parc des Princes!!!!:naughty:

Plus, I'm only 25 and I have lapses all the time. :naughty: When I was at university, I was walking to class one day, totally zoned out, and forgot where I was going! Had a moment of panic, then finally remembered as I saw the building ahead of me. Oh...how embarrassing...:bleh:

Anyways, sorry to veer off-topic. MIKA!

happened to me before too

ON TOPIC: Pics, videos...news ppl...I have to go to bed :blink:

Hilary (aka Heneiken22) Just called me!

She's veeeery happy!

She said the show was amazing!

She's waiting for a meet and greet, and she said she'll report later tonight because she has lots of good stuff to tell.

And I told her repetitively that I hate her at the moment.:naughty:

As will several others when they hear about it...:naughty: