dcdeb

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for that!

What I love about this guys is that a lot of other singers would have gone- too hard, don't have the costumes, set, instruments, support band :naughty: backing tracks etc and not done the show. Here is someone who can get up on stage with his friends and play anywhere under trying circumstances. It make me appreciate him even more and hopefully he will get some great publicity out of this for his "show must go on" attitude!

Am insanely jealous that I was not there to witness this firsthand but am loving all the reports etc. Thank you to everyone!

DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO

He is a true STAR.

This whole thread is just amazing. Thanks to Jennifer, Garth and Charlotte for the reports and pictures. He looks so natural, healthy and happy in them....and the stubble....:blush-anim-cl:

This will go down as one of the best gigs in Mika-history. I wonder how many other artistes would have carried on with the show in the same circumstances? It's a credit to him that he and his cres did the best they could and it looked absolutely amazing.

You SLC guys are VERY lucky peeps indeed!

mika18.jpg

:naughty: love the keyboard squabble they really WERE short on instruments eh? lol

They look quite relaxed though, and I love this pic, you say he was trying to quiet the audience down...now he know what its like for US (he normally has those headphone earpiece things in doesn't he lol probs his bluetooth phone adapter if you ask me lmao).

mikaslc6.jpg

holy sheeep.... :shocked:

have not browsed the gigs reports threads for days, due to lack of time, and am now finding myself literally blown away by his looks.. :shocked:

how good does he look with his hair growing longer..!! :wub2: and though I am missing the jackets, i think he looked stunning wearing a tie again.. the white/electric blue outfit fitted him wonderfully. :wub2:

and I loved the stage set too! :thumb_yello:

brilliant pics, thx a lot! :wink2:

Thanks to Jennifer, Garth and Charlotte for the reports and pictures.

Jen, your daughter is one lucky kid! will be a nice picture for bedside table lol

Garth, thank you for everything!!

Charlotte, wonderful pictures! having a coffee... and kinda patiently waiting for the rest :naughty:

Yeah, John does grow on you. And he does look after Mika.

i agree. I like john. he's not smiling all the time but uber smiley people are NOT always the friendliest, or the most reliable, remember that.. :wink2:

he's very pro and he does look after mika, right. :thumb_yello:

he was most adorable in london, I'll never forget that. :wub2:

mika18.jpg

:naughty: love the keyboard squabble they really WERE short on instruments eh? lol

They look quite relaxed though, and I love this pic, you say he was trying to quiet the audience down...now he know what its like for US (he normally has those headphone earpiece things in doesn't he lol probs his bluetooth phone adapter if you ask me lmao).

mikaslc6.jpg

That first picture is actually when they were trading spots so mika could interact with the crowd a bit more.

oh yeah venue wise, yes I hate In The Venue, but really there isn't another place for them to play in Salt Lake City. Next time they come they should go for Salt Air, but even that might be too big.

Of course if they played during the summer at it was at Salt Air we'd have to deal with the smell of the brine shimp instead of the freezing cold. I think I'd take the cold any day.

Garth! What a wonderful report....and the pictures are great. You have a beautiful family. Wow, this thread keeps on getting better and better and it was already great to start with. Thank you everyone. Even though it was in a "hole" this SLC concert sounds so awesome!

So, Mika didn't wear his blue tie for the whole concert, huh? Or was that the sound check picture?

Are you kidding? Thank YOU for sharing your memories of this night!

What an amazing, well-written report! I really appreciated it! :)

And this photo of Mika with your daughter -- just melts my heart!

Wow!

2254255336_630e485afb_o.jpg

dcdeb

I agree 100%! What a great report! I really enjoyed reading it! :thumb_yello:

Thanks to charlotte and her amazing pix as well! :punk:

Thank you SO much Jennifer,Garth and Charlie, for all the amazing pics and reports.

Those pics of Mika and Luke fighting for the keyboard are sooo funny!!

Btw, I found this in youtube, it's really funny, when they explain that Mika always messes the one note up, and for radio performances (where they need to make sure they get it right!!) they get Luke to crouch behind the stool and play it himself:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4B24DZk833Q

:wub2:

Charlie, I can't wait for your videos now so please hurry up!!!

Those pics of Mika and the band are priceless-they seem so "natural" and they all look like they're having tons of fun.

I can't help thinking that I'd like his gigs to turn a bit more spontaneous and natural again, it has so much charm, far better imo than the overly orchestrated and pre-planned show he's doing now.

Don't get me wrong, I love his show, but I think I'd prefer something a bit more "spur of the moment" to a point, so it seems more approachable and natural. Just like this one *sigh*.

Charlie, I really hope you managed to get Everybody's Talking on video!!!

Anyway I will now wait patiently........

a very big thanks for these reports and pics.... :mf_lustslow:

what an amazing gig !! :punk:

and all the photos are so nice... :wub2: I like seeing the band like that ! we can see they had so much fun !

can't wait to see other videos...

all your reports and pics make me so exciting for London... :wink2:

Thank you SO much Jennifer,Garth and Charlie, for all the amazing pics and reports.

Those pics of Mika and Luke fighting for the keyboard are sooo funny!!

Btw, I found this in youtube, it's really funny, when they explain that Mika always messes the one note up, and for radio performances (where they need to make sure they get it right!!) they get Luke to crouch behind the stool and play it himself:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4B24DZk833Q

That's a great video... really funny. He should put a little red dot on that one key on the piano.

Am insanely jealous that I was not there to witness this firsthand but am loving all the reports etc. Thank you to everyone!

Me too! I said earlier that I'd have paid more for the ticket.... and after seeing all these videos/pictures I really think that if I'd known what was coming I would have actually flown from Toronto to SLC to see the show!

Edit: It's so true too what everyone's saying - that so few performers would have gone on with the show without their equipment. The reason for that, I think, is that not only would it be too difficult, but it would really put the focus on their voice because there's nothing there to distract or enhance it... and for many performers it would reveal that their voice isn't really as good as people think! Not the case with our MIKA!!! He could sit there all by himself with just a keyboard and sound fantastic - AND put on a great show.

Charlie, Jennifer, and Garth, thank you SOOO much for the pics and to Garth for the awesome review. I'm another MFCer that melted when I saw the pic of Mika and your daughter. :mf_lustslow:

So funny what Mika said about the drunk people in the "cage." Oh, good old SLC.

And I had a random thought. Everyone here is so amazing, and sharing pics, video, stories, etc. I think Mika should do a private MFC gig somewhere. I'm a Hanson fan (yes, yes I am) and they did a gig at Carnegie Hall that was mainly Hanson.net (the equivalent of the MFC) fans and it was SOOO magical. Plus, I think Mika would love to play for such a great group of people with so many familiar faces. I'd fly somewhere for a gig like that. (He should play Carnegie Hall, too! It was gorgeous!)

Sorry for the randomness...but it would be fun! :punk:

Ack...only one video has managed to upload. This is taking forever. Well, if y'all want to see Grace Kelly, from the start of the show, here it is. BTW- My program made me do a cheesey intro. I think I've learned how to take that off now...but, won't come off tonight. LOL

thank you!!! was worth the wait ! ;o)

And I had a random thought. Everyone here is so amazing, and sharing pics, video, stories, etc. I think Mika should do a private MFC gig somewhere. I'm a Hanson fan (yes, yes I am) and they did a gig at Carnegie Hall that was mainly Hanson.net (the equivalent of the MFC) fans and it was SOOO magical. Plus, I think Mika would love to play for such a great group of people with so many familiar faces. I'd fly somewhere for a gig like that. (He should play Carnegie Hall, too! It was gorgeous!)

I would fly anywhere for that~! And who knows... now that we're "official"...

I would fly anywhere for that~! And who knows... now that we're "official"...

Yeah! That could be a major bonus to being official. Seriously, I'll start saving money now. I'd fly to London, New York, wherever! To see a Mika show with all of you?!! Priceless.

CONGRATULATIONS MIKA FOR YOUR

GRAMMY NOMINATION

for

"BEST DANCE RECORDING"-"LOVE TODAY"

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tcn49zHLt0

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Amzac782s

There was HEAVY COMPETITION for this NOMINATION.

HERE'S DAVID BURGER (Salt Lake Tribune) again with a piece about

the 50th GRAMMY AWARDS + a few comments from M I K A

about the Nomination & the Award Show (2nd Nominee down in the piece.)

"WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU'RE EXPECTING A GRAMMY . . . "

http://www.sltrib.com//ci_8199114

Ack...only one video has managed to upload. This is taking forever. Well, if y'all want to see Grace Kelly, from the start of the show, here it is. BTW- My program made me do a cheesey intro. I think I've learned how to take that off now...but, won't come off tonight. LOL

:yay: Charlotte's back! My HERO! :wub2:

Love the video, thank you! And the photos... to die for!

Thanks so much for everything! You so rock! :)

Patiently waiting for more when you can...

dcdeb