Mika to perform with beth Ditto @ Brits

Lollipop

Then again, remember that other awards show? this one:

mikagrace.jpg

mika4.png

i forget the name of it. i think one of the band members told someone Mika was singing "Grace Kelly" with a twist, and I think a few of us were edgy and wondering what was going to happen, but Mika did brilliantly!!!!! Remember, Mika is a "kind and fine Wizard", he can make anything amazing. This is MIKA we're talking about.

It's like fairies. If you say "I beleive in fairies" they come to you :wink2:

(not really but you get the idea)

faith, people, FAITH!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

faith, people, FAITH!

I do have faith in him and Big Girl as a song...:wink2:

It's just the Beth Ditto part that worries me a bit... or, rather, I was expecting something really outstanding, especially after the comments from Perez..

I believe in Mika!

*mika does not appear*

*glares at Caz*

:roftl: :roftl:

I do have faith in him and Big Girl as a song...:wink2:

It's just the Beth Ditto part that worries me a bit... or, rather, I was expecting something really outstanding, especially after the comments from Perez..

what did Perez say? :blink:

i wonder if he still reads here :bleh:

Then again, remember that other awards show? this one:

mikagrace.jpg

mika4.png

i forget the name of it. i think one of the band members told someone Mika was singing "Grace Kelly" with a twist, and I think a few of us were edgy and wondering what was going to happen, but Mika did brilliantly!!!!! Remember, Mika is a "kind and fine Wizard", he can make anything amazing. This is MIKA we're talking about.

... ...

faith, people, FAITH!

It was the EMAs.

I believe in Mika!

*mika does not appear*

*glares at Caz*

:roftl::lmfao:

I believe in the England rugby team....

..... *sighs*

:badmood:

:naughty:

I agree with what some of you are saying, i just dont think Big Girl is his strongest song. He should do Lollipop or Love Today, the ones which come to life when theyre live, the full shabang and all that.

It was the EMAs.

cheers!

:roftl::lmfao:

I believe in the England rugby team....

..... *sighs*

:badmood:

:naughty:

I agree with what some of you are saying, i just dont think Big Girl is his strongest song. He should do Lollipop or Love Today, the ones which come to life when theyre live, the full shabang and all that.

:roftl:

could you imagine a topless Mika LIVE on the brit awards with sharon and ozzy as the hosts banging on a trash can? imagine what the papers would say lol!

well they did say he had good stuff planned for the brits.

too bad I can't see it here in the states :(

SEEEEE???? Insiders say it's good stuff!!! Come on guys, let's throw Mika some positive vibes!!

look into my eyes and BELIEVE. :hypo:

cheers!

:roftl:

could you imagine a topless Mika LIVE on the brit awards with sharon and ozzy as the hosts banging on a trash can? imagine what the papers would say lol!

SEEEEE???? Insiders say it's good stuff!!! Come on guys, let's throw Mika some positive vibes!!

look into my eyes and BELIEVE. :hypo:

Look into my eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into my eyes...and you're under!

Hm. I think Mika will do AMAZING, but I'm not Beth Ditto's biggest fan....

Well maybe she's not YOUR biggest fan. Ever think of THAT?:sneaky2:

Mika: Beth Ditto, you are beautiful!

Beth: Big Girls, we are beautiful!

crowd: :blink:

OMG. Imagine beth in the big girl outfit :shocked:

It's better than Beth Ditto in NO outfit.

Sorry, but I don't care what size you are... you shouldn't walk around with your cooch hanging out on stage for the world to see.:blink:

Well maybe she's not YOUR biggest fan. Ever think of THAT?:sneaky2:

Sorry, but I don't care what size you are... you shouldn't walk around with your cooch hanging out on stage for the world to see.:blink:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Maybe Hector the balloon will save the day and lift Beth Ditto away.

:wink2:

Mika: Thank you Hector! I knew you were my friend!

Not that I don't like Beth Ditto, but he has already performed with her...

and he will probably again...i mean after the brits...i've just seen that they were both playing at the same festival this summer, another duet with beth?lol...I think they have fun and have the same tastes (the whole timbaland stuff etc.) and i read someone talked about the labels...well, there must be something about it too...when it comes to the music industry things are getting uncool all of a sudden..

i know it's a bit off of topic but that's really interesting I think:

last year Beth Ditto left the legendary Kill Rock Star indie label and sought refuge in a corporate fortress.

she joined the" Music With A Twist" (BMG!!) "the first major record label dedicated to identifying and developing lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender artists"

The artists on "Music With A Twist" have nothing whatsoever in common apart from their sexuality....the label's debut release was, of all things, a soundtrack compilation from glossy lesbian soap opera The L Word. They're also bringing us the Starbucks soul of Kirsten Price

Sony BMG believes that gay music fans will be more likely to buy a record if it has the Music With A Twist logo, presumably on the basis that the label is somehow "friendly" to gay people. But it's difficult to imagine that a $4bn dollar multinational corporation has interests in anything other than pleasing their shareholders. Could it be they just want gay people's cash? And if they do, how cool is it that their artists would perform with someone who is partly not to say mainly supported by a gay audience?

NO COMMENT (for once)

I hope its just a rumor :bleh:

I thought he was going to perform with Rufus Wainwright or Brian May. I saw Rufus at Radio City Music Hall last week. Sean Lennon opened for him. Rufus was amazing. Sean sang a few songs, and Rufus performed afterwards...until 11:30. It was a long and fantastic concert.

It's because we care. :wink2:

:thumb_yello: Exactly!

And we know (and love) what he does, most of the time, and know exactly how amazingly talented he is.

But for the masses of people out there that don't know him, and that will judge him by this one appearence, I don't think BG with Beth is what he needs.

He has one chance, one big one. I just hope this is all a rumour, seriously.

I mean (and for some this will come as a huge surprise) a duet with Saranayde would be better in my books than Beth.

I know, I'm not to happy with the sound of it aswell, but it might just be great. Or it might be a rumour, who knows. Anyway, I support Mika :thumb_yello:

Who's in?:mf_rosetinted:

I support him...by giving my honest opinion on his decisions and performances.

I won't blindly like or accept anything he comes up with just because he did, if I don't find it good.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

You're so right though. That was ATROCIOUS!!

and he will probably again...i mean after the brits...i've just seen that they were both playing at the same festival this summer, another duet with beth?lol...I think they have fun and have the same tastes (the whole timbaland stuff etc.) and i read someone talked about the labels...well, there must be something about it too...when it comes to the music industry things are getting uncool all of a sudden..

last year Beth Ditto left the legendary Kill Rock Star indie label and sought refuge in a corporate fortress.

she joined the" Music With A Twist" (BMG!!) "the first major record label dedicated to identifying and developing lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender artists"

The artists on "Music With A Twist" have nothing whatsoever in common apart from their sexuality....the label's debut release was, of all things, a soundtrack compilation from glossy lesbian soap opera The L Word. They're also bringing us the Starbucks soul of Kirsten Price

Sony BMG believes that gay music fans will be more likely to buy a record if it has the Music With A Twist logo, presumably on the basis that the label is somehow "friendly" to gay people. But it's difficult to imagine that a $4bn dollar multinational corporation has interests in anything other than pleasing their shareholders. Could it be they just want gay people's cash? And if they do, how cool is it that their artists would perform with someone who is partly not to say mainly supported by a gay audience?

NO COMMENT (for once)

Hmmmm...don't you love it when they politi-sexualise music like that?:thumbdown: How pathetic.

NO COMMENT (for once)

{interesting point of view, thanx for postin'}:wink2:

Not only would I personally dislike it (I'm sure) but also, I am quite certain of the slagging off from the press and from everyone else.

I'm quite certain of the slagging off too, which is why I worry.

Maybe I should have more faith in Mika. Or just not believe the rumours :naughty: .

Good point. Hopeful of wonderful things from Big Girl then. I have to say, it is one of my least favourite of Mika's songs. (Although some may have thought it might be my anthem :sneaky2: )

When anyone dares to infer that it is MY anthem I'm overcome by the urge to kill them:sneaky2:

Now THAT'S entertainment:shocked: Bring it on.