Mika to perform with beth Ditto @ Brits

Lollipop

I just dont think Beth with the Big Girls song is the best choice to set the Brits alight

I know its not confirmed but still ....:boxed:

Mmm. I was hoping he'd go for something extravagant like Lollipop or Love Today with all the works. As much as i adore Big Girls, i dont think its his strongest song.

But, no, its not confirmed. I cant wait to see what he does!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I for definate dont think its his best choice :shocked:

I would have to agree. But as for now, its not confirmed so im not going to worry too much. Actually, i am because i want to know!!!

Hmmm, i must say i'm really not a fan of Beth either. She just doesnt do it for me. She might be really sweet in life, but on stage she just, just doesnt do it for me. (is trying to be diplomatic and on the fence).

Yeh .. gossip is what it is for now , but this is a few articles saying its going to be Big Girls

Hmmm ....

Hmmm, i must say i'm really not a fan of Beth either. She just doesnt do it for me. She might be really sweet in life, but on stage she just, just doesnt do it for me. (is trying to be diplomatic and on the fence).

I have to agree with you, I don't really like her on stage either.

Well it's been confirmed that The Klaxons are doing Umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh ( sorry reflex reaction:naughty: ) with Rhianna.

So maybe they are letting out more information about what's happening.

What I find odd about this is that Brit collaborations are usually done with artists that are nominated, so for example the first rumour of Rufus Wainwright duetting with Mika, that would have made sense as he's up for Best International Male.

But, I don't think the Gossip are up for anything are they? Don't remember their name being up for Best International Group, do correct me if I'm wrong, 'cause then it would make sense.

I don't have a problem with him singing with Beth, I quite liked theier duet of Sweet Dreams at Oxygen.

I just have reservations about Big Girls being the big production number that everyone will be expecting from him. But he's been known to surprise everyone before. I would never have expcted LT at first to be the big kitchen sink and all production number we all now know and love, but it is!

So you never know:wink2:

:lmfao: You're all about Aretha. She was really good at the Grammy's. I'm afraid she would outshine MIKA :naughty:

I was only joking, you know:wink2: ... but I don't she would outshine him if it's a proper duet...and I mentioned those 2 songs because I connect them somehow...:cool:

Mmm. I was hoping he'd go for something extravagant like Lollipop or Love Today with all the works. As much as i adore Big Girls, i dont think its his strongest song.

I love Big Girl, and I believe it can be made into a performance that steals the show.... but not as a duet with Beth Ditto.

I don't mind her dancing around as Big Girl but can't imagine her singing the lyrics or adding anything extra to the song...

If it is Big Girl, afterall, I think it's the instrumental arrangements that would need to be strengthened / made different to stand out from the rest of the performances. :cool:

Mika: Beth Ditto, you are beautiful!

Beth: Big Girls, we are beautiful!

crowd: :blink:

OMG. Imagine beth in the big girl outfit :shocked:

Caz, you have no idea how much your post made me laugh.

That was feckin hilarious!!!!:roftl:

I think this is Mikas HUGE HUGE chance , peak time TV , he could win 2 or 3 awards , massive audience anddddddddddd

He does Big Girl with Beth :shocked:

/quote]

Yeah, exactly why I worry.

Not only would I personally dislike it (I'm sure) but also, I am quite certain of the slagging off from the press and from everyone else.

Mika PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE: noooo

You know, I think that maybe this is all a red herring, done on purpose so we expect that, and then he comes out and wows everyone with a nice acoustic performance of Relax:wub2: :wub2:

Now that would be a performance...

He does Big Girl with Beth :shocked:

/quote]

Yeah, exactly why I worry.

Not only would I personally dislike it (I'm sure) but also, I am quite certain of the slagging off from the press and from everyone else.

Mika PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE: noooo

Don't worry...If Beth has been reading this thread, she will phone Mika tomorrow morning and cancel the performance...:cool:

Well it's been confirmed that The Klaxons are doing Umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh ( sorry reflex reaction:naughty: ) with Rhianna.

So maybe they are letting out more information about what's happening.

What I find odd about this is that Brit collaborations are usually done with artists that are nominated, so for example the first rumour of Rufus Wainwright duetting with Mika, that would have made sense as he's up for Best International Male.

But, I don't think the Gossip are up for anything are they? Don't remember their name being up for Best International Group, do correct me if I'm wrong, 'cause then it would make sense.

I don't have a problem with him singing with Beth, I quite liked theier duet of Sweet Dreams at Oxygen.

I just have reservations about Big Girls being the big production number that everyone will be expecting from him. But he's been known to surprise everyone before. I would never have expcted LT at first to be the big kitchen sink and all production number we all now know and love, but it is!

So you never know:wink2:

Good point. Hopeful of wonderful things from Big Girl then. I have to say, it is one of my least favourite of Mika's songs. (Although some may have thought it might be my anthem :sneaky2: )

Slightly worried about this....BG is my least fav song sung live...and more than that I don't like duets that are one of the artists songs...do you know what I mean?

Sweet Dreams was great but I'm just not feeling this...just ahve to wait and see I guess.

LOL I'm actually a bit shocked to read now that BG is the least favourite Mika song for a lot of people here (including me :roftl:)

Don't et me wrong I like the song, the video is great and it;s a blast to dance to in clubs when it comes on, I just don't think it translates all that well into a live performance (based on the gigs I've been to). Then aain it sounds like he's gone mad with it so perhaps I'll have my mind changed.