Lollipop

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again? :boxed:

Maybe he really enjoyed it last time??

Hmm there seem to be a lot of us responding in a similar vein to this rumour. Where are all the people who would actually be thrilled with a Beth Ditto Big Girl duet? There must be some.

I would be! But as has been said already, maybe it won't be exactly as the rumours say....

It's because we care. :wink2:

I noticed you started caring bab.:naughty::wub2:

You even changed your avatar to a....a.....what is it???:blink:

I think Beth Ditto is a good singer and a unique performer so it's nothing against her, but I just have this niggling feeling now that the whole Big Girl thing is becoming a bit of a Mika cliche, bordering on parody, and it gives his detractors all the ammunition they need to sneer at him.

I've never ever found the song patronising (I am a big girl so I can say that) and although it's one of my least favourite Mika songs, it's great live, in fact IMO it's much much better live than on the CD.

BUT...I feel it's had its day, and I just don't really want Mika to be associated wholly forever more with this one song/image by Joe Non-Mikafan Public. I feel there is so much more to him, he has better songs, better tunes, deeper lyrics, etc. and I just wish he'd choose a different song for such an enormous performance as the Brits!

This is just my opinion. I know fans of Big Girl will disagree and be tempted to jump on me now and beat me to death for my heresy but hey, I don't often say controversial stuff on here. So be gentle :naughty: .

I agree with the fat cat :biggrin2: Sorry but I couldn't remember that username :lmfao:

I'm with you on this:wink2:

yeah, I think big girl with Beth it would be wonderful..months ago.

For the Brits I was hoping in something different rather than the singles..

who knows what are the special reasons behind this decision:cool:

Yup, another big girl here who agrees.

As Grace Kelly is up for single of the year I thought he may have played it safe.

Love Today (long version) is always a show stopper and really shows his talent.............it's my fave song of his so slightly biased I know!

Or Relax as the current single is very wide reaching in it's appeal.

Well, practically anything!

It's hard to choose.......... :blink:

Slightly worried about this....BG is my least fav song sung live...and more than that I don't like duets that are one of the artists songs...do you know what I mean?

Sweet Dreams was great but I'm just not feeling this...just ahve to wait and see I guess.

I really didn't like them singing Sweet Dreams.........there really wasn't any chemistry between them.

I presumed after having watched it that she must have been a miserable or bitchy person and that he'd not gotten on with her and then I saw her interviewed on Johnathan Ross and she was really sweet and funny so I just think it's that they didn't gel as performers together.

Add into the mix the really obvious choice for a big girl to duet with him on big girl and it doesn't sound like a memorable performace to me. :blink:

I mean (and for some this will come as a huge surprise) a duet with Saranayde would be better in my books than Beth.

Yes, agree! I actually liked how they did LT at Jay Leno. (Which is not exactly a duet, I know, but I liked how they interacted in the right spots.)

And what? Ditto is signed with a gay-lesbian-bi-transsexual sub-sub label of BMG? I'm sorry but I'm finding this beyond hilarious. Well, I would if it wasn't also a bit scary and really, really discriminating in fact.

Freddie I'm feeling your pain too...well not pain, just unease..:boxed:

Would anyone else like to see him do Love Today? that'd be my first choice. Not with topless drumming as such, but definitely with the slow intro. I think he does that so well, it'd knock the socks off the audience. Or burst their poor little unnaccustomed eardrums. whatever.

Falsetto them into submission Mika :roftl:

Big Girl/Ditto a boring safe option in comparison, I think.

Would anyone else like to see him do Love Today? that'd be my first choice. Not with topless drumming as such, but definitely with the slow intro. I think he does that so well, it'd knock the socks off the audience. Or burst their poor little unnaccustomed eardrums. whatever.

I had the same thought pattern , Love today with Brian May kicking it in , or someone big!!! .. and not just in size :wink2:

I think this report came from the Sun .. well they still think Elvis lives on the moon so Im not 100% convinced but I thought this is the chance to blow people away

I feel you unease

I have my doubts about the 'safe', lol. I see the scorcher coming - but with LT he would win the audience over for sure!

I'm disappointed in that news. If it's true. :shocked:

He doesn't need to do a duet. I would resent anyone taking away this moment from him. He's too damn good on his own. :boxed:

He doesn't need anyone else. :thumbdown:

I really like Gossip and I do like Beth Ditto but NOT WITH MIKA.... :(

Not for the Brits, It's too huge. I don't even have anything against him doing Big Girl, though I would have preferred Love Today or Happy Ending or even Grace Kelly.

Will have to see what he comes up with.

But again I'd rather see him perform on his own....

Love Today, with Gray Skelly, the umbrella, the slow intro, a little bit of drumming on the main drumkit (but no falling off, and clothes firmly on).

MIKA, HEAR ME!!!!!!!!!!!

* sending telepathic vibes to Mika*

Oh, and Brian May of course :naughty:

Love Today, with Gray Skelly, the umbrella, the slow intro, a little bit of drumming on the main drumkit (but no falling off, and clothes firmly on).

MIKA, HEAR ME!!!!!!!!!!!

You know that would be perfect

And the drummin would set the brits alight .. I thought he would of went for that

We are all presuming still ... Im excited I must say :punk: :punk:

Yup, another big girl here who agrees.

As Grace Kelly is up for single of the year I thought he may have played it safe.

Love Today (long version) is always a show stopper and really shows his talent.............it's my fave song of his so slightly biased I know!

Or Relax as the current single is very wide reaching in it's appeal.

Well, practically anything!

It's hard to choose.......... :blink:

Falsetto them into submission Mika

I had the same thought pattern , Love today with Brian May kicking it in , or someone big!!! .. and not just in size :wink2:

I think this report came from the Sun .. well they still think Elvis lives on the moon so Im not 100% convinced but I thought this is the chance to blow people away

I feel you unease

I have my doubts about the 'safe', lol. I see the scorcher coming - but with LT he would win the audience over for sure!

MIKA, HEAR ME!!!!!!!!!!!

You know that would be perfect

And the drummin would set the brits alight .. I thought he would of went for that

We are all presuming still ... Im excited I must say :punk: :punk:

it's decided then!!!

LOVE TODAY IT IS!!! :roftl: