Mika to perform with beth Ditto @ Brits

Lollipop

Well, maybe enough time for Aretha Franklin to fly over from Chicago and sing Happy Ending with him...:naughty:

...though I am not sure if she has overcome her flying phobia yet:mf_rosetinted:

You know what would be amazing?! :shocked: Johnny Depp and MIKA doing a duet of A Little Priest :wub2: MIKA can be Mrs. Lovett :naughty:

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:naughty: :naughty:

Who is old enough to remember this song?:

'I just want a reaction

a positive reaction!

Reaction

a positive reaction

Give me satisfaction

a positive reaction.'

:biggrin2:

Tell me what the song is suzie, it's bugging me because I've half got it...:boxed:

Tell me what the song is suzie, it's bugging me because I've half got it...:boxed:

It's Mandy Smith ( who became famous for having an affair with Bill Wyman- at the age of 14, I guess.. :cool: )

I thought Freddie would remember, but maybe he is occupied by something else... :naughty:

You know what would be amazing?! :shocked: Johnny Depp and MIKA doing a duet of A Little Priest :wub2: MIKA can be Mrs. Lovett :naughty:

A Little Priest?

Hmmm I'd rather have A Little Prayer with Aretha... or a mix of Happy Ending and I Say a Little Prayer....

Let me dream on.:blush-anim-cl:

According to Today's London paper Mika is to sing a duet of Big Girls with Beth Ditto.

XXXX

:blink: Oh. What a shame.

Mika if you are reading this, it's not too late to change your mind:wink2: :thumb_yello:

I hope this is a rumour.... i was really looking forward to his performance aswell. Nothing personal against Ditto, im just not a fan of her voice or style.

I hope its just a rumor :bleh:

I hope so too. I mean, Big Girl is a great song, but it gets a lot of stick from the press, who call it "patronising". I'd actually prefer him to sing something else, maybe something from the new album. or just something that would really surprise us, like when he sang 'I've Got Life', on Jools Holland. I'm not keen on Beth Ditto either, and don't understand why he wants to sing with her. If he wants to sing a duet, why not with Kylie or even Rihanna?

Beth? I'm wondering how much truth is in this?

Well, I'm a big fan of Big Girl (after all it is the song that helped me relax before the most important exam of my life :bleh:) so I have nothing ''against'' if he sings this song but I'm not really sure about Beth...:blink:

think Kylie should do a duet with Prince and both of them should leave the Mikster alone and let him do what he does best.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Violet, that cracked me up!!:mf_lustslow::roftl:

Why is it that I don't really buy that? :lmao:

I can't get rid of the funny feeling that the deal was made between the labels or other higher powers than the Big M's desperate craving for ... Beth Ditto :roftl:

Yeah, I have a similar feeling...I somehow had a hard time "feeling the chemistry" with their infamous Sweet Dreams in the summer, LOL!

I relly think he should do his own thing, and let Beth do her thing, and make her fans happy. Just let us Mika fans watch his own performance.

well, I don't know what to expect...but as Suzie has pointed out, we should better first wait for the performance and then say what we think about it...

...in any way, it will be interesting to see what it will actually be like!

The problem is, we have the precedent of their earlier duet in the summer...I think that making the same mistake twice would be a bit much! Specially for the Brits.

Mika is meant to be a wise man;Can't he see the risk?

:naughty:

Who is old enough to remember this song?:

'I just want a reaction

a positive reaction!

Reaction

a positive reaction

Give me satisfaction

a positive reaction.'

I'm probably old enough, but not cultured enough...:naughty:But I get you:thumb_yello:

as long as they dont cover Sweet Dreams again...

no one should be allowed to play this song besides marilyn manson.

not even the eurythmics:mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao: My favorite cover of MIKA's is Sweet Dreams :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Back on topic I think it's going to be a great performance! MIKA wouldn't let it be anything but great :cheerful_h4h:

Hmmm...actually, I like Beth. But, as mentioned before, he has sung with her and I'd prefer a new Song & someone new...

That's what I'm thinking. It makes me raise my eyebrows to think that Mika would do something that's been "done" before at an event the size of the Brits.

I think Beth Ditto is a good singer and a unique performer so it's nothing against her, but I just have this niggling feeling now that the whole Big Girl thing is becoming a bit of a Mika cliche, bordering on parody, and it gives his detractors all the ammunition they need to sneer at him....I just wish he'd choose a different song for such an enormous performance as the Brits.

I agree...that and, Big Girl, great tune that it is, has had its day. It hit the UK charts when - June? July?

Grace Kelly I could understand since it's up for a major award. I'm not sure if Happy Ending could be molded to the level of pomp required by a show like this. He's facing a bit of trouble with Relax - some detractors are viewing it as though it was first released, flopped on the charts, he had mega success with Grace Kelly, then re-released it to earn some more cash. And of course Lollipop would cement a certain image, that's for sure.

Hmm. Based on what we have heard, though, I'm super confident that his performance - whatever it is, and with whomever - will be brilliant. I have every faith in Mika to wow us once again. :wub2: