So it seems things are changing for him...

BonjourMika1990

I know what you mean, I recognize that feeling. I'd the same with the band Snow Patrol, which I know for a long long time. Now they're wellknown here and it's becoming hard to get tickets and have a chat with them. At one side that's not cool, the gigs with only a couple of hundred people are definitely over, but on the other side I'm glad for their succes. They worked very hard for it. It's the same with/ for Mika. He deserves the succes he's having now, but for the ones that brought him there it's changing indeed.... But I will follow him, wherever he goes (dom't think I'm a silly stalker without a life ;))

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's obvious he's moving on,and we are lucky he did two tours with LICM.

I don't mind him stepping to the next stage,I'm sure he'll do it just as good

Sure,I will miss a lot of things from the Dodgy Holliday tour,but it's not very helpfull if you start off with this pessimistic attitude "it's over" "it will never be the same" etc...

Of course things change,and we go back to the argument from the beginning,it would be selfish to want everything to stay the same

I for one want him to be huge ,and go to parts of the world where so many wait for him

And I'm sure,if he for example will go to south America,it will be like the beginning all over

Smaller venues,loads of interraction

Come on now, this is so exciting! Everyone who discovered him in the first year can always say, we always knew he was great! We've seen his metioric rise to fame and we are proud of him.

But now, Mika belongs to the whole world, not just a few thousand people. He will be touring again (as the previous posts have said) in other countries who are becomming aware of him.

I for one, think this is a most amazing time for us all, and we should be celebrating Mika's success, remembering that, even if he can't see us individually, he still loves us and appreciates us, and appreciates all of our efforts for him!

Come on now, this is so exciting! Everyone who discovered him in the first year can always say, we always knew he was great! We've seen his metioric rise to fame and we are proud of him.

But now, Mika belongs to the whole world, not just a few thousand people. He will be touring again (as the previous posts have said) in other countries who are becomming aware of him.

I for one, think this is a most amazing time for us all, and we should be celebrating Mika's success, remembering that, even if he can't see us individually, he still loves us and appreciates us, and appreciates all of our efforts for him!

I AM very excited for Mika, and proud, and so pleased that he is doing so well!!

It's bittersweet though, in the same way it is when your children are growing up..you feel that nostalgia for the old days when they were tiny, but at the same time you are proud to see them growing and developing and turning into something else.

so I'm not trying to be negative..just referring to a natural human emotion!

I can't wait for later in the year, the new album, news of new UK tours etc. I just think the interim time is going to be difficult, for me at least. In a way I wish I could wipe Mika out of my mind for a few months then 'remember' him again in, say, Spetember, so it'll all be fresh and new again.:blush-anim-cl:

This is not meant to be directed at only one person, but again and again around the forum I keep reading that certain people "deserve" to meet Mika. This is way off base. Just because you've won a contest, have been a member for over a year, or have spent all your waking hours on the MFC devotedly keeping up with breaking news doesn't necessitate your meeting Mika. Just because some people were very generously provided with refreshments while in line at one show doesn't mean that you deserve to be given equal treatment or reimbursed by his management. The fact that some people have developed such a sense of entitlement is pompous, delusional, and it just makes me feel really peeved. This is not limited to things Mika-related... in general I hate it when any sort of elitism is exhibited on such baseless reasoning. :doh:

well i can tell you've read my posts lol.

i AM happy for those who get to meet him, i REALLY am, I was just trying to demonstrate how frustrating it is to read about how many of the MFCers got the privilege to meet him and I haven't. Yes, I guess I sound a bit selfish, BUT I'VE WAITED A GOD-DAMN LONG TIME. I'm allowed to be sad, disappointed, envious...

I haven't got the freedom to go concert hopping like a lot of people here, so going to concerts for me is limited let alone actually meeting the man. That's no-one fault on here, I know that, I wasn't having a go at anyone, I was just merely expressing my annoyance and sadness at it all. Yes, to me, it does seem a little bit unfair, but of course Mika doesn't know any of this. I very much extremely doubt that he is going to come out at the end of a concert and go "oh hey, by the way? Is CazGirl from the MFC here?" I completely understand that, but for me...it's just so important to meet him.

Some people may or may not understand that. for some, having tea made "correctly" for them is important. for some, having CD's in alphabetical order is important. for others, having the same look as their fave celebrity/icon is important. For me, it's meeting Mika. Please don't bash me for that - anyone.

and as for the whole refreshments thing - THAT doesnt matter lol. i was just peeved a bit that John was a bit *cold* towards us when the next day he was all lovely and handing out hot chocolate :blink:

I love Arnie.

He's so sweet! He makse me wish I had a brother!

My family lets me have wine on special occasions, and I don't drink outside of my house:naughty:

I had champagne on New Year's and it was disgusting, but I still drank it! :roftl: Not sure why... I think I just wanted to feel more mature.. I mised it with some fruit juice and it was much better!

So hey!! I finaly gave Mika my special COOKIES!!!! He luvved them he said and he even wrote me a NOTE!! It is under my pillow :wub2: I think fate led me to meet him because I deserved it!!!!!

Like an autograph or a note?! :shocked: Damn! Note to self:

Make Mika cookies next time. :glasses2:

It sure is... there's a reason why I'm the MQ queen in the Aussie thread...

I can't multi-quote because I post waaaaaay too many smilies and they only allow 7! :sneaky2:

*bows to queen* You are truly the best at MQing! :winner_first_h4h:

I certainly hope not. That would be rather sad to re-open the MFC as the official fan club only to have it die whilst Mica is recording, eh? :bleh:

norwalk, you may want to give mimosa's a shot. Orange juice and champagne. It is my drink of choice, it makes champagne so much more enjoyable. :thumb_yello:

That sounds delicious! :biggrin2: Last time we didn't have a lot of choices so I just used cranberry juice... not half bad. :naughty:

I hope it's not him...and I can't believe that he would allow such treatment. So I have to believe that he is in a sense oblivious to what goes on...but than again I'm sure he understands his managements frustration.

I hope things change for the better with the promotion of his next album :)

Well, I do think with the next album/tour, his management will have to stay really organized and on top of things. I think the shows will be more orchestrated and planned (I'm just thinking about the YouTube vidoes I've seen from early 2007, and he's already become more professinal onstage) and the M&G will be planned, too. Maybe there will be a lottery or something, and 10-20 random MFCers will get backstage. But if his popularity continues to grow, he won't be able to stop and mingle after shows.

Bittersweet for sure.

Oh it is. I like simply orange for mimosas. If you're going to try it, buy some actual orange juice like tropica or florida or simply orange or along those lines, though. Don't do sunny d or the like lol :naughty: That could put you off for good!

*adds simply orange to shopping list*

I plan on going shopping this weekend. :naughty:

haha enjoy! But be careful, it's easy to breeze right through them. Half orange juice + half champagne and a bit more (lol)= a hangoever waiting to happen. I've gone through a couple bottles of champagne on my own in a single night when I add just a bit of oj. :naughty:

I'll probably just end up having a sip :lmfao:

I hope it's not him...and I can't believe that he would allow such treatment. So I have to believe that he is in a sense oblivious to what goes on...but than again I'm sure he understands his managements frustration.

I hope things change for the better with the promotion of his next album :)

He's not oblivious! :roftl: He's the control freak... the management may be telling him that he should hurry up so as to have time to sleep and make his next show on time, but he's the one who decides beforehand if he wants to do autographs and photos that day or not. And on those days when we know he's going to be hanging out with his friends later rather than heading straight to bed, he's also the one who decides how long he wants to stay after--if at all...

--Jack

It's going to be a quiet few months around here now isn't it :boxed:

Not really... No doubt people will bitch and complain at each other and cause arguments...

well i can tell you've read my posts lol.

i AM happy for those who get to meet him, i REALLY am, I was just trying to demonstrate how frustrating it is to read about how many of the MFCers got the privilege to meet him and I haven't. Yes, I guess I sound a bit selfish, BUT I'VE WAITED A GOD-DAMN LONG TIME. I'm allowed to be sad, disappointed, envious...I haven't got the freedom to go concert hopping like a lot of people here, so going to concerts for me is limited let alone actually meeting the man. That's no-one fault on here, I know that, I wasn't having a go at anyone, I was just merely expressing my annoyance and sadness at it all. Yes, to me, it does seem a little bit unfair, but of course Mika doesn't know any of this. I very much extremely doubt that he is going to come out at the end of a concert and go "oh hey, by the way? Is CazGirl from the MFC here?" I completely understand that, but for me...it's just so important to meet him.

Some people may or may not understand that. for some, having tea made "correctly" for them is important. for some, having CD's in alphabetical order is important. for others, having the same look as their fave celebrity/icon is important. For me, it's meeting Mika. Please don't bash me for that - anyone.

and as for the whole refreshments thing - THAT doesnt matter lol. i was just peeved a bit that John was a bit *cold* towards us when the next day he was all lovely and handing out hot chocolate :blink:

*pats Caz*

I know where you're coming from... the Aussies have been waiting since June to see him again... and he prob won't be back till late this year, if he comes at all.. then when we say hopw we want him to come here for a tour, we get told we should be grateful he came once and we can see videos of other concerts...

Yes, he came once, for 4 days! He did one concert (he performed for about 50 mins), and did 2 songs on Sunrise... that was it...

People telling us to be grateful for what we get to see isn't helpful... we have a right to be selfish and want hi to come here... and I'm not just talking about Oz, I mean South Africa, South America, Asia...

I can't multi-quote because I post waaaaaay too many smilies and they only allow 7! :sneaky2:

*bows to queen* You are truly the best at MQing! :winner_first_h4h:

I deleted the ones in the quotes...

But yes, I truly am the greatest!

• 2 weeks later...
So hey!! I finaly gave Mika my special COOKIES!!!! He luvved them he said and he even wrote me a NOTE!! :mf_lustslow: It is under my pillow :wub2: I think fate led me to meet him because I deserved it!!!!! :blush-anim-cl::wub2: :harp:

CLEMMY??!

Is that you??

And I thought that you were not for real:sneaky2: :roftl:

the Aussies have been waiting since June to see him again... and he prob won't be back till late this year, if he comes at all.. then when we say hopw we want him to come here for a tour, we get told we should be grateful he came once and we can see videos of other concerts...

Yes, he came once, for 4 days! He did one concert (he performed for about 50 mins), and did 2 songs on Sunrise... that was it...

:roftl: hey blame it all on you Aussies!! he came once right? but you seem to forget what happened then!...let's remember, ok? ...well you know mika, he is a fame sucker sometimes, no secret here anyway...he was in a club at +or- 3 in te morning when they played one of his songs in the club, mika who was with his friends started to dance on his OWN song and SANG!! then people (aussies!!) looked at him like "who is this stupid idiot who is dancing and singing on a mika'song???!!!, shame on you boy!!!what a T***!!!" ,lol his own song!!! and now you are asking yourself WHY?? c'mon!

CLEMMY??!

Is that you??

And I thought that you were not for real:sneaky2: :roftl:

Mwhaahahah, I'd be curious about the ingredients of these special cookies :rasta: (as we have this smiley included in the default set of smilies for the forum, I don't think it's inappropriate to use it...:naughty:)

I now tend to believe that Clemmy becomes Clemmy only after having a bite of these :naughty:

:roftl: hey blame it all on you Aussies!! he came once right? but you seem to forget what happened then!...let's remember, ok? ...well you know mika, he is a fame sucker sometimes, no secret here anyway...he was in a club at +or- 3 in te morning when they played one of his songs in the club, mika who was with his friends started to dance on his OWN song and SANG!! then people (aussies!!) looked at him like "who is this stupid idiot who is dancing and singing on a mika'song???!!!, shame on you boy!!!what a T***!!!" ,lol his own song!!! and now you are asking yourself WHY?? c'mon!

Well... I could... but we did nothing wrong... and you've got the story wrong...

First of all, the people he was with were not only his friends, but actually the band (so you're only 1/2 wrong)...

Secondly, I don't know where you got the time from... I really doubt it would have been 3am on a Wednesday night though...

Thirdly, it was two girls who were singing along to Grace Kelly... Mika got up and sang and danced with them...

And fourthly... and most importantly I believe... the chicks that were singing along badly to Grace Kelly were in fact ENGLISH!

So does that mean we can blame England?

I can scan and post the article if you like...

Well... I could... but we did nothing wrong... and you've got the story wrong...

First of all, the people he was with were not only his friends, but actually the band (so you're only 1/2 wrong)...

Secondly, I don't know where you got the time from... I really doubt it would have been 3am on a Wednesday night though...

Thirdly, it was two girls who were singing along to Grace Kelly... Mika got up and sang and danced with them...

And fourthly... and most importantly I believe... the chicks that were singing along badly to Grace Kelly were in fact ENGLISH!

I started being MFC addicted after the last summer, totally missed this:blink:

could you repost it, if it isn't on this board?

I say we all blame the rest ,excluding the own nation,what ya say? :das:

He prolly had experiences like this in most of the places,just that these got public

I gotta say tho,those girls telling him he's singing like an idiot to his own song was the coolest thing ever :lmao:

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

Burned!!!!!!

bow.gif I love you Teegs :wub2: