REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for Mika @ Brixton Academy, London : 26-02-2008

Niki27

Awe, there's Sara....My STAR! She took the very first picture of Mika and me. :huglove:

I can't believe you still remember that! But thanks anyway :wub2: , I'm glad I could help, even though (as usual) I so often didn't ask for one myself when I had the chance. Oh well.

ok - so we got to Battersea and collected Wendi, Kath & Abby and trollied on to brixton - I had Wendis Blue Badge which I assumed gave me carte Blanche to speed thru town and go thru Red lights!! no?? oh bum!

any way we made it to the academey and drove up the side road to honk the queue and play lollipo loudly from the car cd !

Loved your report Carrie, hilarious:roftl: .

I got really depressed last night. I think it has actually dawned on me that I will never be at the front again. If you are not at the front the gig is not as enjoyable and personally im not good at standing for long periods of time.

I have had to work this week (except today, I'm sick) and I can't be in the queue for 10 hours and have to arrive late and therefore be at the back.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I have been very lucky in the past (or extremely obsessive LOL)and I have been at the front and nothing can compare to that feeling. Once you have tasted that it is very difficult not to be bitter when you are at the back.

I think it's time that we had seated venues, then no one would have to queue at silly o'clock and everyone who is not right at the front would not get crushed or have a completely crappy view.

You know Jemma, I think you're very right and hit the nail on the head.

We've had some amazing experiences and it's becoming harder and harder to get them again, and possibly we will soon never have them again...I'm coming to that realisation now as well.

About seated venues: I'm totally for that now, after witnessing the madness (and MEANNESS of many) when it came to trying to get to the front yesterday.

Not wanting to get too dramatic, it has amazed me to see how some people can let out the worst in them when it comes to situations like these.

Yesterday was a great gig experience for me (the gig itself) but the queueing majorly sucked.

Many of us tried to be fair and do the right thing, ie, get your position and stick to it depending on time of arrival, but a few (and amongst them some MFC'ers who I hope are feeling deeply embarrassed by the fact that everyone knows who they are, and what they are like!) decided that they should just be smart and try and jump it.

A few of us then (special mention to Aurelien, who was the "head" of trying to sort it out, and did a great job both at organising people and also at standing up to some of the MFC queue jumpers) did our best to try and make things a bit fairer by asking people to back off and stick to their spots.

Thanks to everyone who supported this and in the end it seemed to help a little. I just really wish we didn't have to resort to this, and that people would do the right thing to start with.

Besides this, once the gates were open, it was absolute mayhem. Seriously, it was really bad, people were pushing like they were crazy, just to get to the front. It was actually a bit scary to be honest, so I think that the only solution is to have seated venues to avoid this.

Someone is going to get hurt one of these days otherwise, either by accident of by someone else on purpose:roftl:.

Ah, have I mentioned that by the time people were let in, the "usual suspects" were there already?

I may develop a broken foot or so on thursday. Seems to work.:naughty:

Anyway, back to the gig.

I thought Mika was on fire, and I really enjoyed it. Managed quite a good spot at the front, so the view was good (although not as good as yesterday when I was more central).

I definitely thought that Mika's performance was far better today than yesterday, just the general energy and vibe, he seemed more relaxed, just having a good time as he said himself.

Things were far more "relaxed" and spontaneous which is what I've been asking for him to do for ages, so that was really good.

Even the whole song-order and Saranayde-dress incidents were hilarious, and to me just added to the appeal of the whole thing.

And the top he used at the start instead of a jacket, for Relax!! I loved it!!!! I think he wore it at some tv or awards thing, but hadn't seen it at a gig before (correct me if I'm wrong of course). In any case I loved it and thought it suited him tons. Ah and the Tshirts, lovely!

I much prefered his clothes today to yesterday. In general, today was a lot better in the sense of the "gig", although when it came to "connection" with him, yesterday was better.

It's so funny how things change depending on how your personal experience goes! I mean, here we are all, and we all have our own different views on which show was better and why. Funny.

We had lots of funny incidents that have already been mentioned, like Mika going down to stand on the barrier and having to be helped back onstage by Icey, when he fell flat on his bum, LOL!!!

Also when Andy was dancing away and shaking his arms in the air to Yelle, and security came to tell him to sit still, haha, that was incredibly funny!

What else........I love how he's added little bits to HMDYLM where he just sings holding the notes there for a bit going "aaaah", a bit like he does in HE, it's really nice and adds to the live performance I think.

HE was great as well, I really loved it. And the trumpet guy, and the string girls were amazing!! They really add such a nice touch to it.

Also I think (and am grateful for) that Saranayde's moving seems to be a lot less than it was before, and she's standing back MUCH more,specially during the LT drumming.

Hum. Interesting.:mf_rosetinted: .

I'm very happy that Wendy and co got their moment with him!! Well done to Mika's mum, she's so lovely.

Aaaaaaaanyway I'll add more stuff if I remember it, but this is it so far.

More madness tomorrow!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*cough cough* gnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhhhh *cough*

sorry I have a cold after two days of queueing for f#ck all :mf_rosetinted:

Gigs were great, most MFCers greater, just sad that a few idiots and some stupid security twats can make you forget about a lot of the good stuff :boxed:

I'm not gonna make a long report now, just wanna say a special thanks to the wonderful people I've met :wub2: And to give the middle finger to the people who deserve it, you should be able to understand it even if it's not a french finger :mf_rosetinted:

What? :blink: I'm just curious to know what it means. :bleh:

OMG

i met mika again last night

he remembers everything from new yorkk :)

we were like on a roundabout to get to brixton, when i saw like a huge crowd of people and cameras and what looked like to be mika in the middle, so i lept out of the car and ran over to him

there were people like MIKA MIKA!

and i just shoutedd "mikaa!" and he turned round and looked at me and erin,

then i was like

"Hii do you remember us from last year in new york city?"

and he was like

"oh yeahh! you're the girls who made that video, and haha remember we were all in our pyjamas?!"

andd i was like

"yessss"

and he was like

"that plane was a ****ing nightmare, i mean, er, nightmare "

then all the paparazzi like moved out the way as they realised he knew us :)

then he was like

"so how are youuu?!"

and we said

"yeahh we're good you?"

and he saidd

"yess im good, arent you cold?"

and i was like "yes :)" haha

sorry that was random but i had to tell somebody :)

he like came into the crowd and i touched him hah

and we nearly got up on stage!

but everyone was doing it so we thought hmmm better not,

mannnn all his songs were amazing, it was so so so so so good :)

i forgot how much i loved him

he is so amazing

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What? :blink: I'm just curious to know what it means. :bleh:

I just had a really bad expearience with a few people behaving like animals :boxed:

Anyway I wanna give a completely different finger to Aurelien :thumb_yello: who tried to sort out the queue, not an easy job :boxed:

And I'll continue to spead love and lollipops now :wub2: just had to let out some steam :blush-anim-cl:

OMG

i met mika again last night

he remembers everything from new yorkk :)

we were like on a roundabout to get to brixton, when i saw like a huge crowd of people and cameras and what looked like to be mika in the middle, so i lept out of the car and ran over to him

there were people like MIKA MIKA!

and i just shoutedd "mikaa!" and he turned round and looked at me and erin,

then i was like

"Hii do you remember us from last year in new york city?"

and he was like

"oh yeahh! you're the girls who made that video, and haha remember we were all in our pyjamas?!"

andd i was like

"yessss"

and he was like

"that plane was a ****ing nightmare, i mean, er, nightmare "

then all the paparazzi like moved out the way as they realised he knew us :)

then he was like

"so how are youuu?!"

and we said

"yeahh we're good you?"

and he saidd

"yess im good, arent you cold?"

and i was like "yes :)" haha

sorry that was random but i had to tell somebody :)

he like came into the crowd and i touched him hah

and we nearly got up on stage!

but everyone was doing it so we thought hmmm better not,

mannnn all his songs were amazing, it was so so so so so good :)

i forgot how much i loved him

he is so amazing

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thats nice to hear. see? mika still cares about us :wub2: and that was very nice of him indeed. glad you had a good time.

I can't believe you still remember that! But thanks anyway :wub2: , I'm glad I could help, even though (as usual) I so often didn't ask for one myself when I had the chance. Oh well.

We've had some amazing experiences and it's becoming harder and harder to get them again, and possibly we will soon never have them again...I'm coming to that realisation now as well.

About seated venues: I'm totally for that now, after witnessing the madness (and MEANNESS of many) when it came to trying to get to the front yesterday.

Not wanting to get too dramatic, it has amazed me to see how some people can let out the worst in them when it comes to situations like these.

Yesterday was a great gig experience for me (the gig itself) but the queueing majorly sucked.

Many of us tried to be fair and do the right thing, ie, get your position and stick to it depending on time of arrival, but a few (and amongst them some MFC'ers who I hope are feeling deeply embarrassed by the fact that everyone knows who they are, and what they are like!) decided that they should just be smart and try and jump it.

A few of us then (special mention to Aurelien, who was the "head" of trying to sort it out, and did a great job both at organising people and also at standing up to some of the MFC queue jumpers) did our best to try and make things a bit fairer by asking people to back off and stick to their spots.

Thanks to everyone who supported this and in the end it seemed to help a little. I just really wish we didn't have to resort to this, and that people would do the right thing to start with.

Besides this, once the gates were open, it was absolute mayhem. Seriously, it was really bad, people were pushing like they were crazy, just to get to the front. It was actually a bit scary to be honest, so I think that the only solution is to have seated venues to avoid this.

Someone is going to get hurt one of these days otherwise, either by accident of by someone else on purpose:roftl:.

Ah, have I mentioned that by the time people were let in, the "usual suspects" were there already?

Anyway, back to the gig.

I thought Mika was on fire, and I really enjoyed it. Managed quite a good spot at the front, so the view was good (although not as good as yesterday when I was more central).

I definitely thought that Mika's performance was far better today than yesterday, just the general energy and vibe, he seemed more relaxed, just having a good time as he said himself.

Things were far more "relaxed" and spontaneous which is what I've been asking for him to do for ages, so that was really good.

Even the whole song-order and Saranayde-dress incidents were hilarious, and to me just added to the appeal of the whole thing.

And the top he used at the start instead of a jacket, for Relax!! I loved it!!!! I think he wore it at some tv or awards thing, but hadn't seen it at a gig before (correct me if I'm wrong of course). In any case I loved it and thought it suited him tons. Ah and the Tshirts, lovely!

I much prefered his clothes today to yesterday. In general, today was a lot better in the sense of the "gig", although when it came to "connection" with him, yesterday was better.

It's so funny how things change depending on how your personal experience goes! I mean, here we are all, and we all have our own different views on which show was better and why. Funny.

We had lots of funny incidents that have already been mentioned, like Mika going down to stand on the barrier and having to be helped back onstage by Icey, when he fell flat on his bum, LOL!!!

Also when Andy was dancing away and shaking his arms in the air to Yelle, and security came to tell him to sit still, haha, that was incredibly funny!

What else........I love how he's added little bits to HMDYLM where he just sings holding the notes there for a bit going "aaaah", a bit like he does in HE, it's really nice and adds to the live performance I think.

HE was great as well, I really loved it. And the trumpet guy, and the string girls were amazing!! They really add such a nice touch to it.

Also I think (and am grateful for) that Saranayde's moving seems to be a lot less than it was before, and she's standing back MUCH more,specially during the LT drumming.

I'm very happy that Wendy and co got their moment with him!! Well done to Mika's mum, she's so lovely.

More madness tomorrow!

I think maybe since we are in the process of becoming official that concert going / queuing etiquette should be discussed in all seriousness.

A standing ovation to whoever came up with the 'numbers' idea. It seemed to work and allowed mfcers to stroll freely and talk to people without being mindful of their position in the queue.

As for the 'they know who they are' and 'usual suspects' comments. I agree that some people take advantage of situations and true characters come through. But i think that jealousy aside, some members of the mfc have genuine excuses/reasons/needs to take priority positions and we should be aware and considerate of that. People have mentioned that the rush to be at the front was rather frightening - and those are comments from the fit and healthy of you all. Yes it is unbelieveabley irritating for those who were outside from the early hows, but hey - such is life :)

(p.s. i have pictures of you with our dog :naughty: )

I'm not gonna make a long report now, just wanna say a special thanks to the wonderful people I've met :wub2: And to give the middle finger to the people who deserve it, you should be able to understand it even if it's not a french finger :mf_rosetinted:

*gives in*

*sings* we like purple cows,we really do :roftl:

Sariflor - I seem to have an awfully weak ankle today - vvvv sore - think I may need assitance tomorrow - actually may ring and get a seated place - keep wendis seat warm!! ;)

speaking of Wendi, is she going to tomorrow's gig or not? will she be able to report back today or ...?

Anyway, back to the gig.

More madness tomorrow!

thanks for the great report Sariflor :wub2: I'm really sad to hear the things about the queueing !

I don't know who misbehaved... but hey this is not fair.. so stop it !

:thumb_yello: thumb up for Aurelien who seemed to help calming down the situation

Yop with optimism!?!?!?!

i still started my sentence with a negative word... all is not lost :wink2:

actually, it was such a funny gig and exciting one, but nothing to see with mika, so don't read if you wanna hear about him...

- yelle was the support, i like her so it was quite warming me up... and ANDY was singing every single french word ot her top song !! dancing his head off to her... the security guy came to him to tell him off LOL he was in the gap between the stage and the barrier...

there is a video of andy dancing his head off to YELLE, AS (french girl) will post it here (if not done yet) she said

- Iceman is back, took a picture of him

- mickey gave his middle finger to andy filming from the gap between the barriers and the stage for quite a long time

- the chords came on stage for happy ending but at the last time mika decided to do how much do you love me... so they had nothing to do there anymore... saranayde was ABSOLOUTELY not ready, she wasn't even on stage when he started, the 4 chords decided they would stay there since they were already there and started doing a hell of a choregraphy dancing at the back in front of luke keyboard :roftl: , saranayde arrived half naked her microphone not ready and her ear thing not quite in her ear, she was dying laughing, trying to sing at the same time she was finding the ear thing, putting it in her ear, arranging her dress and everything :roftl: ...

- the chords finally stayed on stage for 3 songs doing nothing else but their choregraphy, hilarious !! and finally, the song they were supposed to play on arrived...

- hmmm... what else... oh yeah !! i finally ended up on stage whereas the song had been over for about 2 minutes, not quite knowing what to dom and ran straight to the back of the stage directly to cherisse and did the ;ost stupid thing in my life which i'm sure quite freaked her out (even if she recognized me and welcomed me)... but honestly, i would have freaked me out :roftl: i think i passed right in front of mika when was heading to her...

i must have been looking like a very gracious elephant going over the barrier then kata lifted me up on stage, but still, i was still the gracious elephant i was 2 seconds earlier... oh yeah ! that means kata got on stage too :naughty: the security guy stopped christinem but she was on her way... maybe he thought 2 apples on stage was waaaaaaaay enough :mf_rosetinted:

- martin slapped saranayde's ass during one of the songs, i think it was big girls...

- apparently, mika messed up the words of stuck in the middle, but i didn't noticed, i was in my own little world not listening to him, singing out loud, watching what the hell would happen next on stage :naughty:

- this gig was such a mess it was hilarious !

I think maybe since we are in the process of becoming official that concert going / queuing etiquette should be discussed in all seriousness.

A standing ovation to whoever came up with the 'numbers' idea. It seemed to work and allowed mfcers to stroll freely and talk to people without being mindful of their position in the queue.

As for the 'they know who they are' and 'usual suspects' comments. I agree that some people take advantage of situations and true characters come through. But i think that jealousy aside, some members of the mfc have genuine excuses/reasons/needs to take priority positions and we should be aware and considerate of that. People have mentioned that the rush to be at the front was rather frightening - and those are comments from the fit and healthy of you all. Yes it is unbelieveabley irritating for those who were outside from the early hows, but hey - such is life :)

(p.s. i have pictures of you with our dog :naughty: )

True, agree wholeheartedly with the first bolded post.

About the second, I agree that "some" have genuine reasons, and I'm all for those people having some sort of "special" treatment.

I've even said it to some MFC'ers myself, that I thought they should get some special consideration when it comes to these things, because they have genuine reasons for it.

What I cannot and will not accept, is that some people play the "disabled" or "i'm poorly" card to get to those front spots, and then they stand around/walk around for HOURS all night, looking perfectly fine, moving all right.

To me that is just a joke, and an insult to other people's integrity and good faith.

You are either disabled or you aren't. You don't just choose depending on whether it suits you.

Some are getting away with murder, just because of other people's good faith, and that just doesn't seem right.

Once we go official, I hope that these things will be ironed out because it's getting silly.

And I'm not speaking out of jealousy, I'm speaking out of fairness and decency.

And regarding the pics, yes, I saw them :naughty: . I have a few as well which I will upload soon.

True, agree wholeheartedly with the first bolded post.

About the second, I agree that "some" have genuine reasons, and I'm all for those people having some sort of "special" treatment.

I've even said it to some MFC'ers myself, that I thought they should get some special consideration when it comes to these things, because they have genuine reasons for it.

What I cannot and will not accept, is that some people play the "disabled" or "i'm poorly" card to get to those front spots, and then they stand around/walk around for HOURS all night, looking perfectly fine, moving all right.

To me that is just a joke, and an insult to other people's integrity and good faith.

You are either disabled or you aren't. You don't just choose depending on whether it suits you.

Some are getting away with murder, just because of other people's good faith, and that just doesn't seem right.

Once we go official, I hope that these things will be ironed out because it's getting silly.

And I'm not speaking out of jealousy, I'm speaking out of fairness and decency.

And regarding the pics, yes, I saw them :naughty: . I have a few as well which I will upload soon.

Some people do try and pull the wool over peoples eyes, its a tad pathetic.

But, lets not forget, the disability thing can be questioned anyway. Genuine illness like colds/flu, or long flights, or the weather can affect how people are feeling and some factors can be 'disabling' if on top of pre-existing conditions.

But the security at places like these are very tight, i wouldnt have thought they would let people through if not in extreme circumstance. Its the outside queue-jumping that annoys me most, and i wasnt even going to the gig.

People! They are all useless!

(God i sound like kata - save me!)

he doess!

he's so so lovely,

can't wait till summer (:

he's doing some more gigs he said yesterday?

all day toddaay at school i was just like :|

in shock haha!

seriously :wub2:

I thought he said he was taking a long break from gigs to concentrate on his new album? That's what I thought I heard anyway.

Sariflor - I seem to have an awfully weak ankle today - vvvv sore - think I may need assitance tomorrow - actually may ring and get a seated place - keep wendis seat warm!! ;)

I hope people don't start doing that. It's like people parking in disabled spaces in carparks when there's nothing wrong with them - I hate that.

speaking of Wendi, is she going to tomorrow's gig or not? will she be able to report back today or ...?

Wendi, Kath and Abby are on their way home, may be there by now.

thanks for the great report Sariflor :wub2: I'm really sad to hear the things about the queueing !

I don't know who misbehaved... but hey this is not fair.. so stop it !

:thumb_yello: thumb up for Aurelien who seemed to help calming down the situation

VS, I haven't forgotten about the kind and fine explanation, get back to you soon!

*cough cough* gnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhhhh *cough*

sorry I have a cold after two days of queueing for f#ck all :mf_rosetinted:

Gigs were great, most MFCers greater, just sad that a few idiots and some stupid security twats can make you forget about a lot of the good stuff

I'm not gonna make a long report now, just wanna say a special thanks to the wonderful people I've met

And to give the middle finger to the people who deserve it, you should be able to understand it even if it's not a french finger

OI! SIT!

I said: SIT!!!:roftl:Baaaaaaaaaaaad dog......

You are so right Kata, about everything, and one of the highlights of these days for me was to actually spend some more time with you than I did in December.

I hope that after being nice with you now (paragraph above) I won't get that finger that you're talking about either. It's not a spanish finger anyway though, is it?

Urm first of all I might get punched:boxed:

And secondly I don't feel it's very far on the people that have queued for hours. I could of pushed into the queue last night but I made the decision not to.

Caz- I don't think I will be at the front again as Mika is getting too big, it's gonna get to the stage where people will be queing for days not hours

Agree 100%.

And quite frankly, if people are queuing for 12 hours in a 5K venue, I can't imagine what it will be like in larger places.......I for one know that I won't be queuing for days.

Nothing is worth that imo.

Solution: Mika, get yourself numbered seated venues from now on.

not such a bad gig... :fisch::naughty:

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffff!! I KNEW something like this would be coming from you LOL!!!

I have a very sore throat- care to ask for one for me as well?:naughty: Or maybe I can go as your "helper"? I heard that those also get the front?

and Sari etc. . .pl dont be cross with me and Sara - we had to go in with Wendi to the foyer as I had the credit card and the email and the chap on the phone had been v v v insistent that I had to take the e mail myself!!

we offered to go back out into the main queue once we had got her in and officially stamped and he said - oh non yr in now girls - off you go enjoy!!

would have been rude to leave!

but sorry of we offended any one :) xxxxx

i still started my sentence with a negative word... all is not lost :wink2:

actually, it was such a funny gig and exciting one, but nothing to see with mika, so don't read if you wanna hear about him...

- yelle was the support, i like her so it was quite warming me up... and ANDY was singing every single french word ot her top song !! dancing his head off to her... the security guy came to him to tell him off LOL he was in the gap between the stage and the barrier...

there is a video of andy dancing his head off to YELLE, AS (french girl) will post it here (if not done yet) she said

- Iceman is back, took a picture of him

- mickey gave his middle finger to andy filming from the gap between the barriers and the stage for quite a long time

- the chords came on stage for happy ending but at the last time mika decided to do how much do you love me... so they had nothing to do there anymore... saranayde was ABSOLOUTELY not ready, she wasn't even on stage when he started, the 4 chords decided they would stay there since they were already there and started doing a hell of a choregraphy dancing at the back in front of luke keyboard :roftl: , saranayde arrived half naked her microphone not ready and her ear thing not quite in her ear, she was dying laughing, trying to sing at the same time she was finding the ear thing, putting it in her ear, arranging her dress and everything :roftl: ...

- the chords finally stayed on stage for 3 songs doing nothing else but their choregraphy, hilarious !! and finally, the song they were supposed to play on arrived...

- hmmm... what else... oh yeah !! i finally ended up on stage whereas the song had been over for about 2 minutes, not quite knowing what to dom and ran straight to the back of the stage directly to cherisse and did the ;ost stupid thing in my life which i'm sure quite freaked her out (even if she recognized me and welcomed me)... but honestly, i would have freaked me out :roftl: i think i passed right in front of mika when was heading to her...

i must have been looking like a very gracious elephant going over the barrier then kata lifted me up on stage, but still, i was still the gracious elephant i was 2 seconds earlier... oh yeah ! that means kata got on stage too :naughty: the security guy stopped christinem but she was on her way... maybe he thought 2 apples on stage was waaaaaaaay enough :mf_rosetinted:

- martin slapped saranayde's ass during one of the songs, i think it was big girls...

- apparently, mika messed up the words of stuck in the middle, but i didn't noticed, i was in my own little world not listening to him, singing out loud, watching what the hell would happen next on stage :naughty:

- this gig was such a mess it was hilarious !

Are you sure you did not bump your head?