MIKA' s NEXT ALBUM

A. Clay

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

after what happened to me spiritually on Feb 15th...and the tone of How Much Do You Leave Me...I think his next album is going to be so profound that I think I will have another epiphany and go insane or something...his music speaks to my spirit so much that I hope I have enough strength in myself to handle his next album.

Word!!!! I'm expecting religious experiences at least :D

• 2 weeks later...

MIKA-

I'M SO SORRY I STARTED THIS THREAD:

IS IT SUFFICIENT PRESSURE FOR YOU YET?

http://www.fullermassage.com/images/Is%20this%20too%20much%20pressure%20original.jpg

I can't wait for the new album. It will be brilliant, and he'll start to get the respect he deserves from the media in Britain, and (hopefully) in America as well!

Yes, I was wondering about the artwork. I have so much LICM inspired stuff...everything I see that has colourful rings, cirrcles or stripes on, I buy! I was thinking, if the new album is dramatically differnt, on the next tour we may all look VERY different!:shocked:

Interesting image. I'm eager to see what happens now. :naughty:

Christine's transcript of the Capitol Awards backstage interview with Mika talks about his second album:

What are you up to at the moment? Have you had much of a chance for a break yet?

Uhhh...well, kind of. I just thought...what am I going to do? Am I going to go off and do one big long expensive holiday and waste a lot of money or am I...?

Instead I just kind of stayed in London and I'm doing my thing. I'm writing, I'm demoing a lot of songs that I've never had a chance to demo in the past year. And seeing a lot of things that inspire me.

You know, going to see shows. A lot of theatre. I saw a lot of, like, weird experimental visual theatre. Steal as many ideas as I possibly can.

Are they going to be on the videos for the second album?

Or my next show, yeah. It's gotta come from somewhere.

When can we expect the next album?

When it's finished. I mean I've already started it, you know. And I certainly intend on releasing it when it's ready...when it's finished.

Do you feel pressure, obviously the first album did so well?

Well there's always that. When you do things like this, you know. When I first started I was a bit of a crazy experiment. I was this kid that they signed and I had done a lot of it on my own. No one really knew what was going to happen.

But now I've got a big pound sign kind of stamped on my forehead. But I'm certainly not going to let that distract me in any way. As far as I'm concerned I'm just doing the same thing that I was always doing. It's got to come from the same place. Otherwise you've sold your soul.

It's always a challenge, the next one isn't it? The follow up album...

Yeah, it is, but luckily I got to make the first album on my terms with my own songs. Everything from the visual aesthetic to the co-production that I did, it was my own terms.

I think it's really hard if someone else does it for you and then you've got to do it all over again.

guys i wonder if Mika will be putting "Holy Johnny" and "How Much Do You Love Me?" on the next album ????

No doubt about it, he always says "This is a song for the new album" before he performs the songs:roftl: Two songs I love in the new album!:roll1:

guys i wonder if Mika will be putting "Holy Johnny" and "How Much Do You Love Me?" on the next album ????

Yes, I think they both are! Those two songs of his are both so popular at his shows. I think he's put those two songs out there so we'll have at least two that we know on the new disc. With two such amazing (and very different) songs like HMDYLM and HJ, I can't believe his album can possibly fail. I know the other songs will be just as great!!

Well, he's said that HMDYLM is going to be on the next, album, but not a word on HJ.My guess? Don't hold your hopes for any of those songs. He's been very secretive about his next album, so he might not include any of them, or use them as bonus tracks or B sides, just because they have been around for a while now:wink2:

Christine's transcript of the Capitol Awards backstage interview with Mika talks about his second album:

Do you feel pressure, obviously the first album did so well?

Well there's always that. When you do things like this, you know. When I first started I was a bit of a crazy experiment. I was this kid that they signed and I had done a lot of it on my own. No one really knew what was going to happen.

But now I've got a big pound sign kind of stamped on my forehead. But I'm certainly not going to let that distract me in any way. As far as I'm concerned I'm just doing the same thing that I was always doing. It's got to come from the same place. Otherwise you've sold your soul.

This makes me exhale and let go of all my anxiety that our Mika will change and become this money hungry sell-out. Yes, he has a pound sign on his cute little forehead but it’s really good news that he will use his cover stick on that so that it doesn’t show that much. He’s doing what he’s always been doing! Music to my ears – literally!

Well, he's said that HMDYLM is going to be on the next, album, but not a word on HJ.My guess? Don't hold your hopes for any of those songs. He's been very secretive about his next album, so he might not include any of them, or use them as bonus tracks or B sides, just because they have been around for a while now:wink2:

Maybe because he began singing HJ since somewhere in the middle of last year...

betcha he'l shock as all and work alongside Marilyn Manson and bring out a rocky gothy album hahaha then on the launch day have JOKE written everywhere...im sooo curious what this new album is gonna be like...i just cant wait!!!

betcha he'l shock as all and work alongside Marilyn Manson and bring out a rocky gothy album hahaha then on the launch day have JOKE written everywhere...im sooo curious what this new album is gonna be like...i just cant wait!!!

Mika is keeping up the suspense isn't he! He's doing it on purpose so we'll be so desperate for his next album!!

:lmao: gothy Mika!!:naughty: that'd be so weird!

I wanna know what it'll be like, its hard to wait patiently....

omg your still alive!!!

i tho0ugth maybe the excitemenet of Amsterdam had killed you or somethign :P

i can see the headlines now...Mika goes goth :lmfao: hahah maybe he might have the alice cooper style of makeup

Omg...:lmfao:

Well, some of his demo's are pretty dark... :roftl:

Happy Easter, too!

I´m so excited about it!

I really love HMDYLM and HJ!

Do you think Ring Ring will be on the album, too?:blink:

I´s one of my favs :wub2:

And I can´t wait, but I think it will be as brilliant as LICM :blush-anim-cl:

I hope you could understand me :blush-anim-cl: