Mika beefs up security after threatening letters

lcmlcm

I fully agree , Ive had something over the last week that Ive never had before .. and that is MFCers DEMANDING his home address :boxed:

I've had that too.. it's quite sad what this is coming to now :thumbdown:

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh ... it could be anything , but he is catapulted in stardom now .. maybe his location isnt ideal

I fully agree , Ive had something over the last week that Ive never had before .. and that is MFCers DEMANDING his home address :boxed:

It is a VERY sad world we live in. And I know that to a point it is the price of fame...but it shouldn't be. Some people just don't seem to realise that people are (or should be) entitled to a private life and that being a 'pop star' or whatever is their JOB.:shocked:

meh, I could think of worse lol.. and what's wrong with having to be on the MFC for so long, we have no trouble doing it :fisch::naughty:

yes.............but he isn't as sad as us:naughty: If he was maybe we wouldn't love him as much because he wouldn't be so interesting!:naughty:

I've had that too.. it's quite sad what this is coming to now :thumbdown:

It is a VERY sad world we live in. And I know that to a point it is the price of fame...but it shouldn't be. Some people just don't seem to realise that people are (or should be) entitled to a private life and that being a 'pop star' or whatever is their JOB.:shocked:

Yes , you may have seen that I also have backed off a little ... for many reasons but the demands are pretty intense on me at the moment ..

Obviously Mika know me , I dont sit drinking beer with him in his house every night , I am nothing but a fan that has met many amazing MFCers , loves Mikas music and wants to support the MFC

But recently :boxed:

Yes , you may have seen that I also have backed off a little ... for many reasons but the demands are pretty intense on me at the moment ..

Obviously Mika know me , I dont sit drinking beer with him in his house every night , I am nothing but a fan that has met many amazing MFCers , loves Mikas music and wants to support the MFC

I know.

I have no wish to bring up the whole 'London gigs' issue here but that week certainly opened my eyes :shocked: At my advanced age I have been a fan over the years of many people but what I witnessed (and then read about ) that week certainly scared me. People need to be able to draw the line.

yes.............but he isn't as sad as us:naughty: If he was maybe we wouldn't love him as much because he wouldn't be so interesting!:naughty:

isn't he? :tears:

yeah, i guess you have a point there *sad sigh* lol

it's outrageous and ridiculous, and they consider themselves as fans? argh, some people... grr... :mad3:

I know.

I have no wish to bring up the whole 'London gigs' issue here but that week certainly opened my eyes :shocked: At my advanced age I have been a fan over the years of many people but what I witnessed (and then read about ) that week certainly scared me. People need to be able to draw the line.

I dont want to bring the london gig thing up here either ....

Im not suprised one bit at the security

I remember even March last year when we saw him in Birmigham walking up the main street to sign things for us , I tought even then ot was a dangerous move .....

We dont know what the future will bring , my opinion .. if his 2nd album is really strong and he gets like mega huge .. he "might" back away ... turn up see gig leave ...

I dont want to bring the london gig thing up here either ....

Im not suprised one bit at the security

I remember even March last year when we saw him in Birmigham walking up the main street to sign things for us , I tought even then ot was a dangerous move .....

We dont know what the future will bring , my opinion .. if his 2nd album is really strong and he gets like mega huge .. he "might" back away ... turn up see gig leave ...

Yes.....and I think that will very probably be the way it goes. And for that I am very sad. I know we want him to have huge success.....but it is at what price.

Yes.....and I think that will very probably be the way it goes. And for that I am very sad. I know we want him to have huge success.....but it is at what price.

And I don't mean from OUR point of view..what he has given his fans over the last year has been totally incredible...far more than most people....but from HIS point of view.

Yeh ... the 2nd album for me is important , many stars have done stellar 1st albums then faded , I think it will be a massive success :thumb_yello:

It was easy first gigs he met say 10 people at the stage door , then maybe 30 , then a few hundred behind security fences etc

Im drifting anyways .... whatever is being sent is sad

Move Mika .. get yourself a couple of large nasty dogs and a huge high wall :thumb_yello:

Yeh ... the 2nd album for me is important , many stars have done stellar 1st albums then faded , I think it will be a massive success :thumb_yello:

It was easy first gigs he met say 10 people at the stage door , then maybe 30 , then a few hundred behind security fences etc

Im drifting anyways .... whatever is being sent is sad

Move Mika .. get yourself a couple of large nasty dogs and a huge high wall :thumb_yello:

He could come and live with me...I have both!:naughty::roftl: :roftl:

I know it is off topic but I totally agree with you about the 2nd Album...I am totally convinced that in the long run of things it will go down as even more successful than LICM.....not that we want to contribute to the pressure or anything!:naughty::shocked::wink2:

It's the thought that his personal space is invaded that upsets me. To think that he can no longer walk down the street without looking over his shoulder..and having a bodyguard with him all the time..it isn't what he wanted..he just wants to be a musician.:thumbdown: And it is just too awful to contenplate that someone actually wants to harm him. I really can not write the words that are in my head at the moment that would describe such people because I don't want banning.

I think we all feel that way Kath, some of the things that have been going through my head in the last 12 hours would certainly need censoring. I don't know if I should feel angry at this person, or sorry for them for being so deluded. Maybe they need help, and if so, I hope they get some soon, because from the reaction it's been getting on here so far, I don't much fancy their chances of really trying anything with the big guy, I think they would end up being the one getting hurt, and I don't think that would do anyone any good.

I know it is off topic but I totally agree with you about the 2nd Album...I am totally convinced that in the long run of things it will go down as even more successful than LICM.....not that we want to contribute to the pressure or anything!:naughty::shocked::wink2:

Yeh .. it just seems that the 2nd album will be massive :wink2:

We dont know what the future brings , but looking at the "big stars" . .they are driven in , or by helicopter , the gig and then away

We have been lucky with Mika , he may still continue with the meet and greats etc etc ... Just my "opnion" I think we will back away

I think we all feel that way Kath, some of the things that have been going through my head in the last 12 hours would certainly need censoring. I don't know if I should feel angry at this person, or sorry for them for being so deluded. Maybe they need help, and if so, I hope they get some soon, because from the reaction it's been getting on here so far, I don't much fancy their chances of really trying anything with the big guy, I think they would end up being the one getting hurt, and I don't think that would do anyone any good.

Yes but it is like all the 'sad' people in our world isn't it, the child abductors or worse...they DO need help but sometimes unfortunately they perputrate their crime before that help reaches them. I think all we can do is put our trust in the fact that Mika IS being protected...we can do no more. And of course, as far as manic/crazed fans go (and we have NO idea whether it is the case in this particular scenario) on here we must just continue to do our best not to condone any such inclins.

Yeh .. it just seems that the 2nd album will be massive :wink2:

We dont know what the future brings , but looking at the "big stars" . .they are driven in , or by helicopter , the gig and then away

We have been lucky with Mika , he may still continue with the meet and greats etc etc ... Just my "opnion" I think we will back away

I know. In an ideal world it would be great if he could be 'the big star' in terms of record sales/sell out gigs etc...........but still be the same old accessible Mika that he was last year......but it isn't an ideal world is it!:shocked:

Now that's sad :thumbdown:

People like that just make me mad:sneaky2:

All I know is that he lives somewhere in London and that is all I want to know. I think it's weird to know his address, that's just wrong. His home is a place where he is supposed to feel save. Not a place where he gets a dozen letters from people that want to have his first born child or that want to marry him :blink: Or even worse, a place where these people will sleep on the street and wait for him, or send treating letters to him. He's a human being for god sake :sneaky2: Treat him like a human and not as a thing that you want to have and put on display in you home. He has feelings to :tears:

Treat him like you want to be treated.

I hope that that makes sense

All I know is that he lives somewhere in London and that is all I want to know. I think it's weird to know his address, that's just wrong. His home is a place where he is supposed to feel save. Not a place where he gets a dozen letters from people that want to have his first born child or that want to marry him :blink: Or even worse, a place where these people will sleep on the street and wait for him, or send treating letters to him. He's a human being for god sake :sneaky2: Treat him like a human and not as a thing that you want to have and put on display in you home. He has feelings to :tears:

Yes of course it makes sense...........and the more of us that can talk sense on thread the more encouraging it is that a lot of the fans ARE very sane!:thumb_yello:

Yes of course it makes sense...........and the more of us that can talk sense on thread the more encouraging it is that a lot of the fans ARE very sane!:thumb_yello:

I'm glad that it made sense It took me 30 minutes to type because I didn't know how to write some of the words :roftl::blush-anim-cl:

I'm glad that it made sense It took me 30 minutes to type because I didn't know how to write some of the words :roftl::blush-anim-cl:

LOL I am like that some times and English is my first (well, actually only!) Language!!!:thumb_yello:

I guess the only thing encouraging about that is that they don't actually know it. :no:

I'm with you there, I drive to London quite a lot especially around the area he lives, and I'm terrified of accidently coming across his house, as I don't want people hassling me about where he lives, it's none of their business and I don't need the aggrievation.

And FD, you should know theres no way you'll get him in a helicopter!

I'm with you there, I drive to London quite a lot especially around the area he lives, and I'm terrified of accidently coming across his house, as I don't want people hassling me about where he lives, it's none of their business and I don't need the aggrievation.

Yep. The morning after the first Brixton gig I had arranged to meet my sis in that area as that is where she works so it was the only place. However, I felt almost guilty even going there...and standing on the street, talking to my sister , I was just desperate to get back down into the tube station in case I was seen in the area!:shocked:

Just don't tell anyone. :wink2:

(Or you could just be a bitch since no one ever hassles me about it.)

Why wouldn't Mika go in a helicopter? It should be a piece of cake after flying John Travolta's jets. :mf_rosetinted: