Mika beefs up security after threatening letters

lcmlcm

Yeah, they seem to have the wrong word choice here. People who send Mika death threats are no fan of his. They are losers who are in need of a nice hobbie, i suggest knitting or stained glass painting. perhaps a sport of some sort, tennis, football?:mf_rosetinted::blink:

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they seem to have the wrong word choice here. People who send Mika death threats are no fan of his. They are losers who are in need of a nice hobbie, i suggest knitting or stained glass painting. perhaps a sport of some sort, tennis, football?:mf_rosetinted::blink:

Maybe a hobby where they can take out their anger? Rugby maybe?!!!!

Yeah, they seem to have the wrong word choice here. People who send Mika death threats are no fan of his. They

That's what I'm thinking. How does that even work?

"Dear Mika, Grace Kelly is the best song ever, I love your live show - oh PS, I'm going to kill you."

Do people seriously say/write things like that? :blink:

Unless it's of the "Mika I love you so much, if I can't have you, no one can" variety.

Still, the whole thing is odd.

Maybe a hobby where they can take out their anger? Rugby maybe?!!!!

oh, thats a good one! or wrestling, martial arts, ........quilting.......:mf_rosetinted:

"Dear Mika, Grace Kelly is the best song ever, I love your live show - oh PS, I'm going to kill you."

Unless it's of the "Mika I love you so much, if I can't have you, no one can" variety.

hmmm, that sounds kind of like a cheer "Mika mika he's our man, if i can't have him no one can....goooooo mika!" ......twisted.:naughty::boxed::shocked::mf_rosetinted::blink:

But it's really not that uncommon at ALL.

It's all psychological. Especially fans that are convinced they've formed a (fictional) relationship with him. Some doctors call it "crimes of passion" (though the definition varies)

But it's really not that uncommon at ALL.

It's all psychological. Especially fans that are convinced they've formed a (fictional) relationship with him. Some doctors call it "crimes of passion" (though the definition varies)

or being a delusional, psychopathic raccoon.

They've just added that definition. :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah...there are fans like that. I remember when Taylor Hanson got married, a girl killed herself because she said she had lost the will to live. When your entire life is wrapped up in a musician or an actor, it's a huge problem. The crazy fans have to learn to live their lives, not someone else's.

I am also up for the crazy fans starting a quilting club. A much better use of their time. :mf_rosetinted:

or being a delusional, psychopathic raccoon.

They've just added that definition. :mf_rosetinted:

Well obviously. That goes without saying.

Stop stating the obvious, KourtneyGOSH.

I think that's the more likely scenario. Sadly, some disturbed individuals view that as the only way to get their beloved star's attention (however negative that attention may be).

I think that's the more likely scenario. Sadly, some disturbed individuals view that as the only way to get their beloved star's attention (however negative that attention may be).

If you don't talk to me right now, no one can... no one!!! *hugs you forever* :mf_rosetinted:

Was that threatening enough. Will you talk to me now? :wink2:

Oh okay, I give up. *goes back to IMing you*

You know, there are over 20 anti-Mika groups on Facebook, and several have over 300 members. The disturbing comments on there are examples of the sorts of violent, psycho-sounding, and actually quite embarrassing stuff that people think and say out there about Mika...

I cannot believe that people can write such stuff and be happy to have their real name and photo attached to it.

I think the beefed-up security is a VERY good idea.

You know, there are over 20 anti-Mika groups on Facebook, and several have over 300 members. The disturbing comments on there are examples of the sorts of violent, psycho-sounding, and actually quite embarrassing stuff that people think and say out there about Mika...

I cannot believe that people can write such stuff and be happy to have their real name and photo attached to it.

I think the beefed-up security is a VERY good idea.

Ugh, don't even get me started. :boxed:

How the fsck can anyone post on the Internet - next to their full name and photo, as you pointed out - detailed descriptions of how they'd like to go about hurting someone? I don't care if it's "all in fun", I dont' care that it's just a website - I can't imagine being that level of twisted. It doesn't make sense in my head that a total stranger can incite that much rage in people. Especially in contrast with the stories you hear of people, say, vowing to forgive the drunk driver who killed their family member.

I like to think that those types of people are just spouting sh*t because the Internet makes them feel all powerful and bulletproof - that they'd never be bothered to take it to real life.

Actually, I've said before that Mika's music is shockingly good at weeding out the jerks and other less-than-savoury people. The vast majority of fans who "get it" are inherently good, friendly people. :wub2:

Ugh, don't even get me started. :boxed:

How the fsck can anyone post on the Internet - next to their full name and photo, as you pointed out - detailed descriptions of how they'd like to go about hurting someone? I don't care if it's "all in fun", I dont' care that it's just a website - I can't imagine being that level of twisted. It doesn't make sense in my head that a total stranger can incite that much rage in people. Especially in contrast with the stories you hear of people, say, vowing to forgive the drunk driver who killed their family member.

I like to think that those types of people are just spouting sh*t because the Internet makes them feel all powerful and bulletproof - that they'd never be bothered to take it to real life.

Actually, I've said before that Mika's music is shockingly good at weeding out the jerks and other less-than-savoury people. The vast majority of fans who "get it" are inherently good, friendly people. :wub2:

I totally agree...

I just hope you are right when you said when people make claims on the internet the person is to scared to actually pull it out of the bag.

The people on these websitesare indeed twisted and I dont believe that its not just a case of not liking Mika, it is possibly deeper than that. For example I dont like Leona Lewis' music, but I dont start creating anti-Leona sites all over the interent and making false claims just so I can look big.

At the end of the day if a person chooses to spend their time focusing on the negatives in their life - eg who they dont like, why they dont like them etc etc, then I ask you, what kind of life do they have?

I love your last bit, its absolutely true, Mika's music does have a strange appeal to the outsiders, and as The Big M said himslef it's surprising how many of them there are, and I think this website is a prime example of that.

I totally agree...

I just hope you are right when you said when people make claims on the internet the person is to scared to actually pull it out of the bag.

The people on these websitesare indeed twisted and I dont believe that its not just a case of not liking Mika, it is possibly deeper than that. For example I dont like Leona Lewis' music, but I dont start creating anti-Leona sites all over the interent and making false claims just so I can look big.

At the end of the day if a person chooses to spend their time focusing on the negatives in their life - eg who they dont like, why they dont like them etc etc, then I ask you, what kind of life do they have?

I love your last bit, its absolutely true, Mika's music does have a strange appeal to the outsiders, and as The Big M said himslef it's surprising how many of them there are, and I think this website is a prime example of that.

If people don't like Mika... Fine... No one is making them listen to his music! I probably wouldn't like the awful noise THEY call music, but I wouldn't diss it

And I don't like Leona Lewis either, but I don't want to kill her!!!

Can't these people just get a life, and stop threatening an innocent man who has done no one any harm!!!

If people don't like Mika... Fine... No one is making them listen to his music! I probably wouldn't like the awful noise THEY call music, but I wouldn't diss it

And I don't like Leona Lewis either, but I don't want to kill her!!!

Can't these people just get a life, and stop threatening an innocent man who has done no one any harm!!!

this was probably mentioned before, and probably by me coz im in shock about it- but have you guys seen this?

http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=mika&k=200000010&nstart=10&nskip=1&s=10&hash=1bd4ab89fef08a1c1932189f97d4bd2c

check them out:thumbdown:

i've got only one thing to say to them,"F*ck off and get a life!"

Mika doesn't do anyone harm,so quit it! if they dun like his music then fine,so what?like i care.i dun diss any of the 'so-called-music-but-more-of-an-annoying-noise' they like!

I don't understand why he would bring out such a venomous reaction in people!

It makes me wonder whether these people don't like him, because he was bullied in school and overcame it and became successful and has all the other people who went through a similar experience under his wing. In other words the bullies themselves, who took great joy in making peoples lives a misery, thinking they are more superior, and now along comes Mika, making those people happy and giving them something to aspire too.

Good grief how dare he!

I suspect they cannot bear that he makes those people happy, as it undermines their mission to make them miserable.

WELL TOUGH!

LONG LIVE MIKA!

And long may he keep sticking it to those disgusting, vile and horrible people, who's sad pathetic lives aren't worth thinking about.

Rant over.

I don't understand why he would bring out such a venomous reaction in people!

It makes me wonder whether these people don't like him, because he was bullied in school and overcame it and became successful and has all the other people who went through a similar experience under his wing. In other words the bullies themselves, who took great joy in making peoples lives a misery, thinking they are more superior, and now along comes Mika, making those people happy and giving them something to aspire too.

Good grief how dare he!

I suspect they cannot bear that he makes those people happy, as it undermines their mission to make them miserable.

WELL TOUGH!

LONG LIVE MIKA!

And long may he keep sticking it to those disgusting, vile and horrible people, who's sad pathetic lives aren't worth thinking about.

Rant over.

Completely agree with you Rose. As one of those who was bullied, it is amazing to see someone like Mika rise above it all. I wish I had. I was never as strong as he is. He gives people like me a voice. These people with their hateful anger, they're the bullies I was terrified of as a kid/teenager. These people made me wish I was dead. They definitely don't like someone like Mika giving people like me abit of backbone to not care anymore what people think of me.

They're pathetic, no I don't actually think a word is discovered yet to describe these people.

GET A LIFE

IDIOTS EVERYONE OF YOU

I notice a disproportionate number of the comments are from South Africa and this kind of trash talk is fairly common among South Africans on the internet.

I've been on South African forums (including one of their top newspapers) and people will say outrageous things like that even to other users on the forum.

It's bizarre and it's unfortunate that any of the people in this Facebook group have chosen to focus on Mika, but you can't put too much stock in anything that's said there.

Mika has at least 5 million fans in the world. You can't worry about 500 haters who just post nonsense on the internet because they are bored.