Mika beefs up security after threatening letters

lcmlcm

Pop prince Mika has beefed up his security after receiving threatening letters. The Grace Kelly singer was being trailed by a muscly guard when he partied in London clubs Movida and Bungalow 8 last week.

The minder, who has worked for Jamiroquai star Jay Kay, said: "I've been watching Mika for the past three days. He's had nasty letters and we're taking them seriously."

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/showbiz/showbiznews/2008/03/16/mika-beefs-up-security-after-threatening-letters-98487-20353323/

:thumbdown:

OMG!!!! jeez!

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh bab, but the actually had a bodygard that nights....wtf, just to show off he's a celebrity? i don't think so, for as little as we may know him, i don't think he's so mean....

he might have received something, most of them normally do receive letters of maniacs or ppl mentally challenged, and he must have been scared about that. we's well known to be a bit obsessed though!!! :roftl: :roftl:

Sure, he had a bodyguard, so the paper says, but he still went out. And I don't blame him. He can't stay in watching the telly every night! Mind you, too many late nights and his work could suffer. :wink2:

Sure, he had a bodyguard, so the paper says, but he still went out. And I don't blame him. He can't stay in watching the telly every night! Mind you, too many late nights and his work could suffer. :wink2:

ah i wish he went out everynight! man, he's so young!

and if he needs/wants a whole group of bodygurads to feel safe, he might well have them!

go mika! :thumb_yello:

I agree with Bab, even if it's true that he's had a letter, it hardly means Mika has to go hide in a bunker now. He's being smart, he got a guard for precaution's sake, but people write all sorts of letters all the time, and it doesn't mean they're going to act on them.

MFC seems to be overprotective of Mika to the degree of smothering sometimes. Thank goodness we don't really have any say in how he lives his life, or else we'd drive him crazy in a matter of weeks. :naughty:

--Jack

I don't think we shoud dedicate a whole thread to some nutter with psychopathic tendencies! It could probably fuel their hatered and make them feel full of self importance!

Shari i agree, i think nearly all famous people unfortunately get this kind of S***. ......

Mika ..... take care, just carry a lightsabre in case of emergencies, could be handy :lightsabre:

I agree with Bab, even if it's true that he's had a letter, it hardly means Mika has to go hide in a bunker now. He's being smart, he got a guard for precaution's sake, but people write all sorts of letters all the time, and it doesn't mean they're going to act on them.

MFC seems to be overprotective of Mika to the degree of smothering sometimes. Thank goodness we don't really have any say in how he lives his life, or else we'd drive him crazy in a matter of weeks. :naughty:

--Jack

i think an after party and all the rubbish posted here after that were quite enough for him to bear...nothing else please! :naughty:

he'd better go out everynight with dozens of bodyguards than read here! :naughty:

But he's young! He wants to get out and about. You would have had to tie me down to keep me in at his age! And for all we know this might be total fabrication.

Chill everybody.

Mika is fine, I am sure.

I totally agree.

Mika may have hired some guy to deal with the paparazzi situation he knew he was going to have to contend with at this party and someone made up some crap about him needing protection from death threats. It hardly seems likely that a body guard would go telling the Sun what he was hired for if it was because Mika's life was felt to be under recent threat.

It would be a shame if death threats meant he had to start limiting some of his freedom to do whatever he wants without thinking about it, but he can never bring his social life to a grinding halt and not leave the house. No matter what the situation is, life has to carry on and I'm sure he'll take the necessary precautions.

And maybe we should take a leaf from that book too!

But I couldn't afford it. :sneaky2:

Mind you when I was his age if we had no money, we would at least go to the pub and have one drink between about 3 of us and try to get some sappy man to buy us more. :naughty:

Mind you when I was his age if we had no money, we would at least go to the pub and have one drink between about 3 of us and try to get some sappy man to buy us more. :naughty:

Good plan! :roftl:

My partying days were pretty much over by the time I'd reached Mika's age. Canadians are so boring that way. All my friends were spending their weekends mowing their lawns and washing their cars. :thumbdown:

I should have found myself a few popstar Brit friends with loads of dosh and a driver to chaffeur us from club to club.

Hmm I don't know what to believe here, I tend not to believe tabloid anything, but assuming for a moment it's true:

Am I the only one who wondered whether the "nasty" letters couldn't have been from fans? :fisch:

I think this is possible of course, but the following seems more likely (in my opinion):

That's barbaric...

I have a feeling I know what the threats are about...He's mentioned them before. But they must have gotten worse since whenever he mentioned it.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the alleged threats were again of that nature.

But:

I agree with Bab, even if it's true that he's had a letter, it hardly means Mika has to go hide in a bunker now.

This is very true! He needs to go out, deal with the haters and hecklers and papz and just live his life.

Maybe Meekster shouldn't be at home, safe and warm. Maybe that's what the killer- err... stalker(?) wants. What if there's a BOMB in the tea cupboard?! Then I think it'd be perfectly splendid if he were FAR from home.

He's being smart, he got a guard for precaution's sake,

--Jack

Because guns don't carry more than one bullet.

Maybe Meekster shouldn't be at home, safe and warm. Maybe that's what the killer- err... stalker(?) wants. What if there's a BOMB in the tea cupboard?! Then I think it'd be perfectly splendid if he were FAR from home.

You just want him in your tea cupboard. :das:

--Jack

Thank goodness we don't really have any say in how he lives his life, or else we'd drive him crazy in a matter of weeks. :naughty:

--Jack

Instead of "Relax, Take It Easy," he'd be on stage singing Freddie's "I'm Going Slightly Mad":naughty:

Andy will probably because obsessed...... then he'll start stalking you... and of course the letters will start coming in written with blood :boxed:

:lmfao:

He's already been stalking me, just as well he doesn't know my address then, phew.LOL!