MFC - Officialness Update

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But basically if the site is now owned by Mika's team, it really means we are ALREADY his official fan club site, whether they post a message saying that or not.

Everyone thinks big things will happen...but....

I don't want to be a wet blanket here, I think the message will just say

Hi guys! Thank you for your patience as we got the technical stuff sorted out here.

We would just like to announce that MFC is now THE official fan club for Mika.

Thanks for all your support and see you in the summer!

Love Mika and the team

And then for about 200 pages people will complain that a short message is all we got and whinge about the lack of bonuses/benefits/secret gigs/ and that we never get any answer about these things,

and we will all declare this THE GREAT MFC AC (anti-climax.)

OG...

I hope not!

Actually, it would be good if Mika posted on here... that would be cool... even though I know it would never happen cause people would harass him if they knew he was on here...

:naughty::newyear:

I love your avvie! it's awesome!

Brilliant! Me and Phil will wait longer then

Love your sig! I showed my sister and she giggled at it too...

Yes, when she and I talked about this last night, I was surprised to discover

how few people had actually read FD's post from the other day. She

figured that we needed a separate thread to clarify things, and I can

see she was right! So this can be like our "Waiting for

Godot" thread... Although, unlike Godot, our news WILL eventually

arrive

dcdeb

I wouldn't have read it... I was off having alife in Brigadoon, being surrounded by ho guys in kilts :mf_lustslow: ... and old men in kilts :thumbdown:... No doubt Martin would have been in his element...

But I digress...

Anyway random but.......................

71-1.jpg

*thinks of another caption*

Hehe...

I whole heartedly agree - to me the honour is being recognised my Mika and his team - anything else is a bonus. It all started with wanting up-to-date information!!

Thanks Mana for your update - where lots of folks should see it now!! :thumb_yello:

Oh yes... up to date info would be great! Something that everyone can benefit from!

It's not like they can wave a wand and Presto! We're official!

So Mika's not Harry Potter in disguise then?

Damn... :blink:

I think it's a good idea that we won't be having a specific date... I think it annoys people to have a specific date and for it to go by with nothing...

I look forward to a surprise in the coming weeks (or however long it takes)

Congratulations MFC! :)

Regardless of there being benefits or perks, whatever, the fact that we will be official and that we are all a part of something really special is what counts the most. Who cares when, we're on this party train together, so lets enjoy it while we're here!

It's been obvious that MIKA makes sure that the people who love him are taken care of, and that's more than most fan clubs can say about their own idols. I've been a member of fan clubs that you have to pay to be a member of before, and really the only perks you get is that autographed photo when you join, and then you are a faceless member.

Here it's different. Here it's like a family. Official or not, we're the ones that make MFC special. We come here with a common purpose, MIKA, and he's recognized that.

How freaking awesome is that?

Thanks for everything MIKA and I'm looking forward to the trip with you all :)

ps: sorry I haven't been around much lately, life is getting pretty real over here and I haven't been online much.

I agree!:thumb_yello:

So beautifully formulated, Crystal!:wub2:

OG...

I hope not!

Actually, it would be good if Mika posted on here... that would be cool... even though I know it would never happen cause people would harass him if they knew he was on here...

I love your avvie! it's awesome!

Love your sig! I showed my sister and she giggled at it too...

I wouldn't have read it... I was off having alife in Brigadoon, being surrounded by ho guys in kilts :mf_lustslow: ... and old men in kilts :thumbdown:... No doubt Martin would have been in his element...

But I digress...

*thinks of another caption*

Hehe...

Oh yes... up to date info would be great! Something that everyone can benefit from!

So Mika's not Harry Potter in disguise then?

Damn... :blink:

I think it's a good idea that we won't be having a specific date... I think it annoys people to have a specific date and for it to go by with nothing...

I look forward to a surprise in the coming weeks (or however long it takes)

What you say about if Mika should post on here, it would be possible, even with it being on 24 hours a day. When JC Chasez use to post on his MF site even though people went crazy after he did it, he answered the first few people, but then he would log off, not to be rude, but to stop the site from crashing.

So Mika could do it at a time when it was quiet, with the minimum of craziness.

As far as Mika being Harry Potter is concerned, he can't be, that's me! I have the Cloak of Invisibility. I have it on every time I drive! I know this, because people try to maneouver their cars into the spot I'm driving in on the road as if I'm not there!LOL!

Fine. I will sit in Mika owned-ed ness without you.

I'm being your rebellious child...

Whatever. Just don't bring home any strays. :naughty:

who am I kidding?? Save me a spot next to you!!

Suuuurrreee you do:roftl:

:sneaky2: I'm not Mikapendant. I'll be owned when I'm ready.

I don't have a pound sign on my head. hmphmfc.gif

What you say about if Mika should post on here, it would be possible, even with it being on 24 hours a day. When JC Chasez use to post on his MF site even though people went crazy after he did it, he answered the first few people, but then he would log off, not to be rude, but to stop the site from crashing.

As far as Mika being Harry Potter is concerned, he can't be, that's me! I have the Cloak of Invisibility. I have it on every time I drive! I know this, because people try to maneouver their cars into the spot I'm driving in on the road as if I'm not there!LOL!

damn! I should have recognised the glasses.. :sneaky2: are ya sure to be a gryffindor..? :blink: you are so nice... :wub2::roftl: *says mrs slytherin* :biggrin2:

Whatever. Just don't bring home any strays. :naughty:

who am I kidding?? Save me a spot next to you!!

:sneaky2: I'm not Mikapendant. I'll be owned when I'm ready.

I don't have a pound sign on my head. hmphmfc.gif

Well lah di dah!....anyways I agree, no man can own us or the Aussie thread :wink2:

I don't know what the official message is going to contain but whether it's huge or relatively minor I hope that people won't feel disappointed. I think it's pretty incredible that we have gone from Wendi collecting signatures to Jerry/Mika taking charge in a matter of just a few months.

Whether particular perks and changes come next week or somewhere farther down the line, I would think the change of ownership means that Mika and his management are committed to MFC and I think that's what we were all hoping for when we decided we wanted official recognition. :thumb_yello:

Totally agree with you.

A Mika blog would be awesome.

That would be awesome! He could update us once a week (is that optimistic?) about the recording process, promos, album, etc. :mf_lustslow:

And then he could add pics and video. :mf_rosetinted:

I'd pay if I had to. It would probably help things out a bit I'm sure.

I think eventually we'll have to. I don't know of any fan club that offers perks like presale tickets and meet & greets for free.

Good idea...

Hmmmmm... quiet time... how about when the Aussies are on? :naughty:

Kidding of course...

Someone else said it, but a blog would be cool...

Damn it! That's where it went!

Well you may have the invisibility cloak, but I have the Marauder's map! Which means I know where everyone is! :naughty:

People seem to be invisible everywhere... I know people can be invisible here (usually me though)... either that or people in Orange are incredibly selfish...

I'd pay if I had to. It would probably help things out a bit I'm sure.

Now that Mika and Jerry own the site, I'm sure they don't need help with donations...

But seeing as I love this place so much, I may still donate...

where would all the money go? Surely it can't cost that much to run the sight?

you'd be surprise how expensive it gets. we just had to buy a server for work & that was over $8000 + installation, and i'm sure they'll need a much bigger server then that. we are just a printing company. probably also month fees etc.... + the upkeep, electricity etc....

you'd be surprise how expensive it gets. we just had to buy a server for work & that was over $8000 + installation, and i'm sure they'll need a much bigger server then that. we are just a printing company. probably also month fees etc.... + the upkeep, electricity etc....

oh yes, i imagine that running an official site can cost a lot, but i just know that for another site its 40$ a year and there are a few thousand people, so we have 10,000 but say 1000 of those decide to pay for the membership then thats 40,000:shocked: . its not really big deal though, i was just curious:blush-anim-cl: