The Pet thread

soangel

38 minutes ago, Hero said:

He is beautiful! :lustslow: Is it a trick of the light, or are his eyes really that pale? 

It is sad that so many animals are in shelters, they deserve loving homes. :sad:

It is his eyes color

22 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Wow that's a lot of animals to have in one shelter! When I worked for a cat rescue charity we could hold 30 adult cats and only had 6 'blocks' for kittens (each block could hold a small litter). It's awful that so many animals are being abandoned lately, there's been reports of the same thing here in the UK too. Abandonment has certainly gone up since the pandemic 😔

Like @Hero said all these animals need loving homes and loving owners!

Beautiful cat by the way! Glad he's recovered now and got a good home 😊

He has gained weight. When he arrived he was thin and could barely jump ,now he jumps like a goat. In fact, she has adopted three, two females and one male. All three were injured and sick. Now it's nice to see them healthy and happy. :wub2:

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

More trouble with Martha last week. Vomiting, diarrhea, not eating, just wanted to sleep. Trip to vets, check over, possibly the pancreas flaring up again. Given anti sickness shot and sent home with painkiller/sedative tablets. I got them into her, that was pure luck! She was booked in for a blood test, I'd been told to fast her for 2 hours beforehand. Ok. She had a few biscuits early morning, then just water. Got to vets, it was a different vet taking the bloods - oh no, it has to be a 12 hour fast, we can't do it if she's eaten, it gives a false result! :mad3:Got her booked in for the next day, took her home. By this time she was showing interest in food again, and was keeping it down. Great! But that didn't help with the 12 hour fast. :doh:Got her there eventually, they took the bloods, tried to overcharge me :furious:, and sent her home "results sometime next week". 

I took 4 days holiday from work to stay at home with her, it was bad. But she seems to have picked up a bit now, is eating, drinking etc, just a bit tired. Might be her B12 that's low again. Will see what the test says. 

• Sad 4

43 minutes ago, Hero said:

She's currently curled up under the duvet snuggling next to my legs. :wub2:

PXL_20231204_214046285.thumb.jpg.ff028d0eccbb74006ca8f6bed3e02635.jpg

Snuggly fur baby! 😸

Hopefully the tests don't show up anything serious and Martha feels better soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update, heard from vets, blood test came back ok, nothing in her liver enzymes, kidney slightly raised but not as high as previously. As she's practically back to normal now, eating, drinking, no vomiting, toilet normal, they've advised keep her on hypoallergenic diet for now, and redo the kidney profile alongside a urine test in 2-3 months time to get a clearer picture of if/how that's progressing. Otherwise, she's looking good, and they're very happy. As am I! She was adorable this morning. I have my cat back! ❤️

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Happy Birthday to my dog who is 11 today! :cheer::yay:

She thought the fireworks last night were for her and who am I to tell her otherwise? 😌

Plenty of extra snacks today!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Hero said:

Ouch.. thanks Martha. Nice wake up call.

PXL_20240104_2349175733.thumb.jpg.cd5da5c1dad3aba8613c1d20bd27da76.jpg

Ouch indeed! Naughty Martha :wags_finger:

Dear pets,

WE ARE NOT SCRATCHING POSTS!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, krysady said:

What happened? Why she did that?

She was climbing over my head in bed, trying to wake me, slipped and stuck her claws in to get traction for jumping away. 

I think my pained cry shocked her, she looked a bit sheepish afterwards. 

2 hours ago, Hero said:

She was climbing over my head in bed, trying to wake me, slipped and stuck her claws in to get traction for jumping away. 

I think my pained cry shocked her, she looked a bit sheepish afterwards. 

Ah, so it wasn't intentional, just an accident, you can't be mad at her :wink2:

Edited by krysady

2 hours ago, krysady said:

Ah, so it wasn't intentional, just an accident, you can't be mad at her :wink2:

Mmm, except if she'd done as I asked and cuddled under the blanket instead of being a little madam and insisting on climbing over me, it wouldn't have happened. So I was a bit sore. 

But no worries, I'll cuddle her tonight and she'll have her chicken treats to eat. :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Hero said:

Mmm, except if she'd done as I asked and cuddled under the blanket instead of being a little madam and insisting on climbing over me, it wouldn't have happened.

Well you know, cats will always be cats and do whatever they want anyway :aah:

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

My dog when I say "No more food" and there's clearly half a sandwich left on my plate:

Yes! :lmfao:Martha never believes "That's it, last piece". There's always something else in her bag/my plate/the fridge. She turns from a cat into a persistent badger, until she either gets her way or goes to sulk. 

I was going to say she gets the hump, but the transition from cat to badger to camel is too much. :naughty:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, silver said:

Indy in the tiny sprinkling of snow we got today

DSC05662a.thumb.JPG.a0f528785f5f28573d17b8adbf81247c.JPG

Aww ❤️ They all love snow so much ☺️

I took a nice walk with Airy yesterday morning, after seeing the vet. The weather was beautiful and Airy needed some reward after being a good girl during the treatment 😄

PXL_20240117_085219395~2.jpg

PXL_20240117_084428245.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

PXL_20240117_085246076.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

PXL_20240117_084445251.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vero Bott said:

I took a nice walk with Airy yesterday morning, after seeing the vet. The weather was beautiful and Airy needed some reward after being a good girl during the treatment 😄

She looks like she was enjoying herself

• 4 weeks later...

Hey dog lovers, send your dog's pics and vids to the Channel 4 !

Want to see a photo or video of your dog on TV during Crufts?

OF COURSE YOU DO.

Send us a photo or a video of your furry friend and tell us what makes them your best mate and you might just get to!

We are looking for heart-warming & meaningful stories that we will pass onto the important people who will then decide which glorious snoots to put on TV!

• Like 2

On 1/18/2024 at 5:54 PM, Vero Bott said:

That is one gorgeous dawg!

• Thanks 1