The Pet thread

soangel

Just now, TinyLove_CJ said:

@BeccaStardust Gucci looks adorable! Hello to Gucci :bye:

I absolutely love black cats, they still get such a bad rep as being unlucky or now in modern times people say they don't look great in photos. Which is ridiculous! Black cats are beautiful!

She is, She prefers me to my dad but also likes to hide 

She also doesn't know what food she likes anymore but thats fine we can work that

I love back cats too, maybe I'm biased as Guinness (the daughter) Is also black 

• Like 3

They are! 

Black cats, ginger cats

Marmelade cats, tortoiseshell cats

Tabby cats, tuxedo cats

Siamese and Sphynx

Grey cats, silver cats

White cats, fluffy cats

Blue cats, gorgeous cats 

Cats, cats, cats! :lustslow: 🐈🐈‍⬛😻

Um. Sorry. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

54 minutes ago, Hero said:

They are! 

Black cats, ginger cats

Tabby cats, tuxedo cats

Siamese and Sphynx

Grey cats, silver cats

White cats, fluffy cats

Blue cats, gorgeous cats 

Um. Sorry. 

6b2ea073d45cd2e14f5d8f246784287d.jpg

• Haha 3

Awwwww Gucci is so cute :wub2: @BeccaStardust

On 1/13/2022 at 1:56 PM, Hero said:

They are! 

Black cats, ginger cats

Tabby cats, tuxedo cats

Siamese and Sphynx

Grey cats, silver cats

White cats, fluffy cats

Blue cats, gorgeous cats 

Um. Sorry. 

lol this is great!

Fun Fact: Cats Cats Cats was the name of my weekly pub trivia team, we'd meow every time the trivia host said it

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Hero said:

:lmfao: I like it! If you won did you all purr? 

a little bit yeah, and maybe growled a couple times when we didn’t win lol

It got so other teams would meow with us… but then covid happened and trivia nights stopped and cats cats cats sort of disbanded.

anyway, here’s a pic of my stepdad’s cat Harley to make this post pet related….

367C8EF1-2D0C-4526-AB0A-0B4451DC1103.jpeg

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Had another trip to the vet with Martha this morning. Her lower lip is swollen on one side, looking red, and she's shaking her head/pawing at her mouth after eating. :sad:

But she is eating and drinking okay, everything else seems normal. 

Trouble is she refused to cooperate at the vets, he couldn't get her to open her mouth, even with a nurse assisting! :doh:

She's been prescribed an anti inflammatory which should bring the swelling down and make it less sensitive. Keep an eye on it and take her back in a week if no improvement. 

Poor girl looks like she's been in the boxing ring! 😿

Vets need to start issuing sedatives for owners, these trips are stressful! 

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Hero said:

Had another trip to the vet with Martha this morning. Her lower lip is swollen on one side, looking red, and she's shaking her head/pawing at her mouth after eating. :sad:

Trouble is she refused to cooperate at the vets, he couldn't get her to open her mouth, even with a nurse assisting! :doh:

She's been prescribed an anti inflammatory which should bring the swelling down and make it less sensitive. Keep an eye on it and take her back in a week if no improvement. 

I hope she is well again soon. :hug:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Her lower lip is swollen on one side, looking red, and she's shaking her head/pawing at her mouth after eating. :sad:

I'm sorry for her. Is it possible to be a small splinter (not sure if this is the right word) left from her previous teeth removing that got infected? 

Edited by krysady

3 hours ago, Hero said:

Ohhh poor thing. Hope she gets better soon:hug:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, krysady said:

I'm sorry for her. Is it possible to be a small splinter (not sure if this is the right word) left from her previous teeth removing that got infected? 

This is my concern too. She had 3 post op check ups and was given the all clear, but it's always possible something was missed.  If it's not better in a week and she still won't let the vet look in her mouth, they'll have to sedate her and maybe do an x-ray.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hero said:

This is my concern too. She had 3 post op check ups and was given the all clear, but it's always possible something was missed.  If it's not better in a week and she still won't let the vet look in her mouth, they'll have to sedate her and maybe do an x-ray.

I know it's a bit risky to get sedated at her age, but it's the only way, I hope they will find the problem :thumb_yello:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I’m So I mentioned my cat here once before 

my cats 15/16 and we’ve been concerned about her health for a while only badly the past few weeks 

she’s very fussy with what she eats and goes off things quickly 

she’s also not really pooing properly and has been being sick 

(we’ve accidentally locked her out from the cat littler so she found random places to go) 

we havnt been to the vets cause of how expensive they are but we’ve also thinking it might be best now 

my dads today suggested putting her down if she gets worse (we’ve had to throw two rings away ) and I’m just a bit scared I really love her and it’s another thing I’m losing from home (which is stupid) but maybe it’s best if she’s suffering 

maybe the move has made her ill with changes up here and the fact we havnt let her out much 

Edited by BeccaStardust
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

my cats 15/16 and we’ve been concerned about her health for a while only badly the past few weeks 

(we’ve accidentally locked her out from the cat littler so she found random places to go) 

we havnt been to the vets cause of how expensive they are but we’ve also thinking it might be best now 

my dads today suggested putting her down if she gets worse (we’ve had to throw two rings away ) and I’m just a bit scared I really love her and it’s another thing I’m losing from home (which is stupid) but maybe it’s best if she’s suffering 

maybe the move has made her ill with changes up here and the fact we havnt let her out much 

At her age and judging by the symptoms you describe, it's possible to have some problems with her thyroid or kidney.

I think the best is to go to the vet, a simple blood test would clarify the problem. And the vet will tell you if she's suffering or not. Usually the thyroid disorder is very easy to control with a daily dose of syrup, the kidney failure is more serious and she may be in pain, so it's better to go as soon as possible. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BeccaStardust said:

I'm so sorry. As Krysady says, she needs to be seen by a vet for a proper diagnosis. Once you know what it is, you can work out what's best for her. If the vet cost is an issue, could you take her to the pdsa? Or the Blue Cross? I think both offer discounted vet care for those struggling with regular vet bills. 

Also, do research in addition to the vets advice. For example, if it is CKD (which is incredibly common in cats) there is a wealth of information and support here:

https://www.felinecrf.org/

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, krysady said:

Those ears are awesome, I've never seen something similar around. It's a common feature for this breed?

Zen has light hair round his ears too, but in the breed a solid coloured dog (eg black, fawn) would have ears the same colour as the rest of their body.  Indy's is just more pronounced.

DSC04194.thumb.JPG.858c3e248ccc7ca2918278bfbc6062f6.JPG

• Like 5