The Pet thread

soangel

20 minutes ago, Hero said:

I noticed last night she was having to use it like a little shovel to push her food up so she could eat. That could work! 

Every time my cat have to wear a collar, I put his food and water in some icecream glass cups, it's the best solution I found so far :original:  Something like this:

5ce51f5668ef8.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, krysady said:

Every time my cat have to wear a collar, I put his food and water in some icecream glass cups, it's the best solution I found so far :original:  Something like this:

5ce51f5668ef8.jpg

Also a good idea! I'll have to get some. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Back to vets today for what should have been the all clear. Nope. All is healing well, but the little minx took the opportunity while the cone was off to have a good scratch at her eyes, just as the vet was looking at her. Cone went straight back on. :doh: Still a little redness so more eye drops issued, back in 7 days for (fingers crossed) the last check.

It had better be.. that's the day before I travel for the Cheltenham concert. :nervous:

• Sad 3

• 4 weeks later...

Made a discovery. Martha loves kefir yogurt! I get the super tangy flavours, the raspberry, or the mango and passionfruit. She loves them both! :blink:

Occasional treat, but I'm wondering if I should buy her some sour plums. :lol3:

• Like 2

On 5/16/2023 at 2:19 PM, Hero said:

Made a discovery. Martha loves kefir yogurt! I get the super tangy flavours, the raspberry, or the mango and passionfruit. She loves them both! :blink:

Occasional treat, but I'm wondering if I should buy her some sour plums. :lol3:

Your fur-baby isn't the only one who likes a dairy snack. My dog finished off Mum's rice pudding today! She didn't have a lot, just a little lick round the pot and the lid but she seems to really it! 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Your fur-baby isn't the only one who likes a dairy snack. My dog finished off Mum's rice pudding today! She didn't have a lot, just a little lick round the pot and the lid but she seems to really it! 

My dogs will finish off yoghurt, macaroni cheese, Philadelphia and hard cheeses like Cheddar and Leicester.  They don't seem to recognise Emmental as a foodstuff though.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I just thought we (me and Airy) could say hi to you all ☺️ She quite enjoyed being my model again... well everything for treats I guess 😄

Lets hop into next week just like Airy did! ❤️

PXL_20230721_135540526.PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20230722_180922_697.jpg

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Vero Bott said:

I just thought we (me and Airy) could say hi to you all ☺️ She quite enjoyed being my model again... well everything for treats I guess 😄

Lets hop into next week just like Airy did! ❤️

PXL_20230721_135540526.PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20230722_180922_697.jpg

What a beautiful girl! Her fur looks so fluffy and soft! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vero Bott said:

You're right, she's a ball of fluff ❤️

My boys are balls of fluff too, but also full of leaves, bits of twig, seeds and petals.  Most of which ends up on the carpet.

DSC02679(2).thumb.JPG.1ee1947028692fd4a7d09c3a87b5d8d7.JPG

• Like 6

2 hours ago, silver said:

My boys are balls of fluff too, but also full of leaves, bits of twig, seeds and petals.  Most of which ends up on the carpet.

DSC02679(2).thumb.JPG.1ee1947028692fd4a7d09c3a87b5d8d7.JPG

They're all the same, furs always full of tiny little treasures! 🤣

They are absolutely beautiful ❤️ (long-haired german shepherds?)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vero Bott said:

They're all the same, furs always full of tiny little treasures! 🤣

They are absolutely beautiful ❤️ (long-haired german shepherds?)

Yes, long-haired German Shepherds.  What breed is your dog (I would guess at Tervuren)?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, silver said:

Yes, long-haired German Shepherds.  What breed is your dog (I would guess at Tervuren)?

They are really lovely - and I love their fluff-hemmed ears ❤️

Airy is actually of a Czech breed called "Chodský pes" (Bohemian shepherd in English) :) 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Vero Bott said:

They are really lovely - and I love their fluff-hemmed ears ❤️

Airy is actually of a Czech breed called "Chodský pes" (Bohemian shepherd in English) :) 

Had to look that up - it's an old breed, isn't it?  And always black and tan, lovely colouring.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, silver said:

Had to look that up - it's an old breed, isn't it?  And always black and tan, lovely colouring.

Yes, sort of, this breed is known from an old history of the Czech lands, recreated in the modern history. And yes, they should be black, with some amount of tan in specific areas :D

But no matter the breed, they are all our sweethearts, thank god for them (or thank god that they found us? ;) )  

• Like 2

Hi guys !

I found this today, do you know it ? :blink:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cve0254sjL2/

How to Serve This Powerful Herb to Your Pet 🌿🙌

Basil offers health-boosting nutrients and phytochemicals that can benefit your pet.

💚 Here are 2 ways you can offer it to your pet. 👇

📌 This herb can be shared with pets either dry or fresh from the garden.

🌿 For fresh basil, pinch off several leaves from the top of the plant. Rinse them under running water (unless they’re organic) and chop them into smaller pieces before offering them to your pet. You can offer your dog 🐶 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of minced basil for every 10 pounds of body weight (half that amount for cats 🐱) mixed in with their food.

🌿Dried basil is more potent. Dogs 🐶: about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil (and half that amount for cats 🐱) sprinkled on their meal or mixed in as a food topper.

drkarenbecker_364130994_829839131839173_6178931764367797503_n.thumb.jpg.47a6ffd1ddb868f649f994f55eaec967.jpg

6 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Hi guys !

I found this today, do you know it ? :blink:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cve0254sjL2/

How to Serve This Powerful Herb to Your Pet 🌿🙌

Basil offers health-boosting nutrients and phytochemicals that can benefit your pet.

💚 Here are 2 ways you can offer it to your pet. 👇

📌 This herb can be shared with pets either dry or fresh from the garden.

🌿 For fresh basil, pinch off several leaves from the top of the plant. Rinse them under running water (unless they’re organic) and chop them into smaller pieces before offering them to your pet. You can offer your dog 🐶 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of minced basil for every 10 pounds of body weight (half that amount for cats 🐱) mixed in with their food.

🌿Dried basil is more potent. Dogs 🐶: about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil (and half that amount for cats 🐱) sprinkled on their meal or mixed in as a food topper.

drkarenbecker_364130994_829839131839173_6178931764367797503_n.thumb.jpg.47a6ffd1ddb868f649f994f55eaec967.jpg

A lot of herbs are toxic to cats, but they can have a little basil occasionally.

Same for dogs, alright every now and then

However:  some animals can be allergic. Personally, I'd rather not risk it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, silver said:

A lot of herbs are toxic to cats, but they can have a little basil occasionally.

Same for dogs, alright every now and then

However:  some animals can be allergic. Personally, I'd rather not risk it.

Thanks a lot @silver

Agreed, I won't give any herbs to my cat.

• 1 month later...

My sister-in-law's cat. 

She works at an animal shelter. This cat was hit by a car and after surgery she took him home and now he is fully recovered. In the shelter they have about 200 dogs and about 400 cats, all from people who have abandoned them. It is really, really sad. :emot-sad:

IMG_20230620_213744.jpg

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Mikasister said:

My sister-in-law's cat. 

She works at an animal shelter. This cat was hit by a car and after surgery she took him home and now he is fully recovered. In the shelter they have about 200 dogs and about 400 cats, all from people who have abandoned them. It is really, really sad. :emot-sad:

IMG_20230620_213744.jpg

He is beautiful! :lustslow: Is it a trick of the light, or are his eyes really that pale? 

It is sad that so many animals are in shelters, they deserve loving homes. :sad:

• Like 3

In the shelter they have about 200 dogs and about 400 cats,

Wow that's a lot of animals to have in one shelter! When I worked for a cat rescue charity we could hold 30 adult cats and only had 6 'blocks' for kittens (each block could hold a small litter). It's awful that so many animals are being abandoned lately, there's been reports of the same thing here in the UK too. Abandonment has certainly gone up since the pandemic 😔

Like @Hero said all these animals need loving homes and loving owners!

IMG_20230620_213744.jpg

Beautiful cat by the way! Glad he's recovered now and got a good home 😊

• Like 4