Mika plays for Carphone Warehouse.

RAK1

Hi everyone,

There were some fans at this (me included) the atmosphere is obviously going to be different at such a party rather than a concert as at a concert you only buy a ticket if you're a fan. This was a party for the whole company so not everyone is going to be a Mika fan (crazy people!) and think Mika probably aware of this.

The performance was amazing, I've never seen Mika live before as concert dates have been when we've either been saving for baby things or then had a new baby so haven't had the opportunity. His music is played all day here and my husband has always disliked Mika, since the party though he's now a Mika convert. Says he is definately coming with me to next concert anywhere in this country!

Reason you wouldn't have heard is that we never find out for sure who the headline act is, usually just rumours. Oh, and the theme was carnival not superheros.

Most of the crowd were genuinely appreciative, I think lots of the ones who weren't singing along just didn't know the words but doesn't mean they didn't enjoy it. I don't know how anyone could have not enjoyed that!!

Any questions? lol. I can't stop talking about this to people and I think they're getting bored but sure you guys won't!!! :thumb_yello:

I have pictures being developed and some great vids that I'll put up and post the links to.

xxx

Welcome to the madhouse Noangel, and thank you SO much for your report! We were all dying to hear how it was, and I was very keen to know how people had found him, especially the "non fan" types, so it's great to hear that he recruited a few more :naughty:.

He's like a plague, wherever he goes, people just drop "infected"....

Please hurry to show us your videos and pictures, I can't wait to see!!

And welcome once again, I'm so glad that you got to see him!

Hi! Welcome! Thank you for the explanation!

I didn't notice the people didn't enjoy. The problem here is that as soon as we learn that there's a gig without some MFCers, it's "people didn't enjoy. Mika sings and people don't care. BLABLABLA".

I agree so much with this Pamette:thumb_yello:, the drama always prevails here:roftl:

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's like a plague, wherever he goes, people just drop "infected"....

I'm sure mika will love to hear he's the new epidemy.. :yay:

I agree so much with this Pamette:thumb_yello:, the drama always prevails here:roftl:

drama keeps us alive.. :mf_rosetinted:

Off top of my head we had -

Relax, Grace Kelly, Big Girls, Love Today, Billy Brown, My Interpretation, Sweet Dreams, Lollipop... I feel like I'm missing some here but it's just a quick post before I start getting dinner out...

No new songs... Some lucky people did get to meet Mika, they had competitions for budding writers, DJ's and photographers and the winners got to meet him!! Had I known I would have done everything to win one of those competitions!! They got photos taken and everything! v. jealous!!

Ohh Sweet Dreams? awesome:wink2:

I'm so glad people did like it! (I know i'm jealous hehe, but who wouldn't be?!:naughty:) It's also exciting that he picked up some new fans! Who could resist anyways?

Thanks for the report, it's great to hear about it!!

WELCOME No Angel!

i'm glad we have found an 'agent' inside the carphone gig! :naughty:

pls. take as many new fans as you can from your colleagues!

there's room here! :wink2:

yes, i think ppl should attend a gig before commenting on Mika...seeing him live may change one's opinion completely.

and i think this sort of challenges are what mika needs to test the audience...not only fans or simple supporters, but ppl from the street, a sample of what is out there. if he can convert them, it's a double success! :thumb_yello:

so now we are waiting for REAL pics and REAL videos, aren't we?

i can't believe it....so unexpected before july! :thumb_yello:

thanks so much No Angel!:wub2:

Off top of my head we had -

Relax, Grace Kelly, Big Girls, Love Today, Billy Brown, My Interpretation, Sweet Dreams, Lollipop... I feel like I'm missing some here but it's just a quick post before I start getting dinner out...

Did he also sang Happy Ending?? :wub2:

How could I forget Happy Ending!!! :shocked: Yes he did!!

Vids uploading as we speak. My freind did the vid work as I was too busy dancing about.

Will be posting links sometime tonight, YouTube is slooooooow!!

How could I forget Happy Ending!!! :shocked: Yes he did!!

Vids uploading as we speak. My freind did the vid work as I was too busy dancing about.

Will be posting links sometime tonight, YouTube is slooooooow!!

Oh wonderful!!!

Thanks again for the reports, can't wait to see the videos. :thumb_yello:

Grace Kelly

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

I love the people who sang along for him! i heard a few!

AND i thought of a bright side to not having the hundreds/thousands of screaming fans---- You can actually HEAR him in the video!!! hehe yay!

Thank you again!!!!:roftl:

Hi everyone,

There were some fans at this (me included) the atmosphere is obviously going to be different at such a party rather than a concert as at a concert you only buy a ticket if you're a fan. This was a party for the whole company so not everyone is going to be a Mika fan (crazy people!) and think Mika probably aware of this.

The performance was amazing, I've never seen Mika live before as concert dates have been when we've either been saving for baby things or then had a new baby so haven't had the opportunity. His music is played all day here and my husband has always disliked Mika, since the party though he's now a Mika convert. Says he is definately coming with me to next concert anywhere in this country!

Reason you wouldn't have heard is that we never find out for sure who the headline act is, usually just rumours. Oh, and the theme was carnival not superheros.

Most of the crowd were genuinely appreciative, I think lots of the ones who weren't singing along just didn't know the words but doesn't mean they didn't enjoy it. I don't know how anyone could have not enjoyed that!!

Any questions? lol. I can't stop talking about this to people and I think they're getting bored but sure you guys won't!!! :thumb_yello:

I have pictures being developed and some great vids that I'll put up and post the links to.

xxx

Hey NoAngel.. Welcome to the MFC :) thanx for your quick review on the party and glad you enjoyed it :wink2:

Cant wait 4 the pics!!

Thankyou NoAngel. Only 8 posts and you've made a great impact :)

Does someone say, in the closing seconds of your Grace Kelly vid, when Mika says the last song will be Lollipop, 'Oh I hate this song.'?

:blink:

It was funny with the security. When we were going in they were saying "women with handbags to the left" I kept walking and one of them stopped me "WHERES YOUR HANDBAG, WHERES YOUR HANDBAG???" Jeez, is it illegal for women to NOT carry handbags?! My husbands pockets are there for the purpose of carrying my phone and lipgloss! :roftl:

:roftl: :roftl:

That would be the friend that was with us that said that,

Lollipop

Just posting these quickly as they upload in between doing other things, thanks for the warm welcomes! :wink2:

thanx so much!! no animal costume or shadow show! (makes sense though lol) its been a while since those days! lol

the videos are much appreciated!

Well, there are always "some" ignorant idiots out there.....this guy here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KywNnFmjN3Q

says in his tag/description: " mika miming, so obvious"

You can see it if you do a search for the vid, but for some reason it doesn't come up in the actual page of the video...

Anyway here is the screenshot (hard to read, but you'll see)

mime-1.png

It's people like this who make me angry...when they attack his talent just because they are too blooming ignorant:sneaky2: