Mika plays for Carphone Warehouse.

RAK1

It was funny with the security. When we were going in they were saying "women with handbags to the left" I kept walking and one of them stopped me "WHERES YOUR HANDBAG, WHERES YOUR HANDBAG???" Jeez, is it illegal for women to NOT carry handbags?! My husbands pockets are there for the purpose of carrying my phone and lipgloss! :roftl:

:roftl:

I'm sure most people enjoyed it. There were a lot of people whining on the company message boards before the event about how they didn't like him but there have since been comments saying how they didn't like him before but do now!

Maybe a lot of people don't like him because they find him arrogant. He's not arrogant but he just don't know how to shut his big mouth. :naughty: But he's really a very nice guy.

People change their mind after one gig because they notice he's a very good entertainer and that he's, in fact, very nice.

It's possible to have a strong personality, a big mouth and to be nice!!! :naughty:

I was a bit annoyed at some people at the front, I was at the front stood next to a couple who looked thoroughly bored and I just wished they had stood somewhere else and maybe some people who actually liked Mika could have stood there and showed there appreciation!

It's a shame they didn't go somewhere else.

Thank you again for your story! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:roftl:

People change their mind after one gig because they notice he's a very good entertainer and that he's, in fact, very nice.

I agree with that, after seeng him live for the first time in February i became from just a listener to a fan. He is very friendly to fans and phenomenal on stage.

i'm happy most came out with a positive experience!

i hope that some day you will experience a proper mika gig... (i mean a real one, with mika fans) believe me, it is soooo worth it!

looking forward to seeing pics! ohhh and welcome to mfc! ;o) :thumb_yello:

It's too easy if there are only real fans. It's better when someone said "i don't like Mika. I heard that he can't sing" and then tells you "It's the best gig i had in my whole life". :biggrin2:

You know! Mika needs some challenge! :bleh:

I agree with that, after seeng him live for the first time in February i became from just a listener to a fan. He is very friendly to fans and phenomenal on stage.

And nobody can't deny it! :wink2: Were you in London?

Yes i was attending the gig on the 26th, i was also on the 28th but didnt go to the gig as i had to fly back home.

Not easy to go back but when you have too...

Did you plan something for this summer?

Not easy to go back but when you have too...

Did you plan something for this summer?

Unfortunatlly no, i am very limited moneywise right now so any extra expense will be a disaster for my bank account, as tragic as it might sound LOL.:naughty:

Hi everyone,

There were some fans at this (me included) the atmosphere is obviously going to be different at such a party rather than a concert as at a concert you only buy a ticket if you're a fan. This was a party for the whole company so not everyone is going to be a Mika fan (crazy people!) and think Mika probably aware of this.

The performance was amazing, I've never seen Mika live before as concert dates have been when we've either been saving for baby things or then had a new baby so haven't had the opportunity. His music is played all day here and my husband has always disliked Mika, since the party though he's now a Mika convert. Says he is definately coming with me to next concert anywhere in this country!

Reason you wouldn't have heard is that we never find out for sure who the headline act is, usually just rumours. Oh, and the theme was carnival not superheros.

Most of the crowd were genuinely appreciative, I think lots of the ones who weren't singing along just didn't know the words but doesn't mean they didn't enjoy it. I don't know how anyone could have not enjoyed that!!

Any questions? lol. I can't stop talking about this to people and I think they're getting bored but sure you guys won't!!! :thumb_yello:

I have pictures being developed and some great vids that I'll put up and post the links to.

xxx

First of all welcome to the MFC! I hope you enjoy it here :wub2: And secondly, thank you for that lovely report, I'm really glad you (and a lot of those who attended the party) had a wonderful time :biggrin2:

I'm sure most people enjoyed it. There were a lot of people whining on the company message boards before the event about how they didn't like him but there have since been comments saying how they didn't like him before but do now!

On the whole though I think most would agree that he is an AMAZING entertainer!!

Welcome to the MFC, and thank you for posting and giving us inside info. :wink2: I am wondering...how many songs did Mika sing? And the answer to this one is probably a "no", but did anyone meet Mika before or after the performance?

From the few pics and vids we've seen, it's just so nice to see Mika and the band together again. :wub2: I can't wait to see your pics and vids, Angel!

i'm happy most came out with a positive experience!

i hope that some day you will experience a proper mika gig... (i mean a real one, with mika fans) believe me, it is soooo worth it!

looking forward to seeing pics! ohhh and welcome to mfc! ;o) :thumb_yello:

Oh yes, on the next tour you simply must go to a proper Mika gig--with all of us crazy people! :naughty: I had the time of my life when I saw him this past January. Mika is the best, and Mika fans are the best. :punk:

No Angel, you angel, welcome to the crazy Mika world here....

you are now going to officially save me googling all your colleagues' photos from the recesses of flickr, photobucket and wherever.:wink2:

I read a comment on one of the videos that he played a full 80 minute show.

I would love to know which cover songs he did (if any)...Missionary Man? Sweet Dreams? Prince? and did he sing any songs that are not on LiCM?

(We know Holy Johnny and How Much do you love me, but wondered if you got a preview of any REALLY new songs, maybe warm-ups for the new album...???)

NoAngel, can't wait for your links to appear here.:thumb_yello:

I read a comment on one of the videos that he played a full 80 minute show.

I would love to know which cover songs he did (if any)...Missionary Man? Sweet Dreams? Prince? and did he sing any songs that are not on LiCM?

(We know Holy Johnny and How Much do you love me, but wondered if you got a preview of any REALLY new songs, maybe warm-ups for the new album...???)

NoAngel, can't wait for your links to appear here.:thumb_yello:

An 80-minute show? Wow! Oh, now I'm extra-jealous of everyone who went to the party! :naughty:

I would also love to know the setlist! (So I can dream about being there...yes, I need help!) :roftl:

Hi everyone,

There were some fans at this (me included) the atmosphere is obviously going to be different at such a party rather than a concert as at a concert you only buy a ticket if you're a fan. This was a party for the whole company so not everyone is going to be a Mika fan (crazy people!) and think Mika probably aware of this.

The performance was amazing, I've never seen Mika live before as concert dates have been when we've either been saving for baby things or then had a new baby so haven't had the opportunity. His music is played all day here and my husband has always disliked Mika, since the party though he's now a Mika convert. Says he is definately coming with me to next concert anywhere in this country!

Reason you wouldn't have heard is that we never find out for sure who the headline act is, usually just rumours. Oh, and the theme was carnival not superheros.

Most of the crowd were genuinely appreciative, I think lots of the ones who weren't singing along just didn't know the words but doesn't mean they didn't enjoy it. I don't know how anyone could have not enjoyed that!!

Any questions? lol. I can't stop talking about this to people and I think they're getting bored but sure you guys won't!!! :thumb_yello:

I have pictures being developed and some great vids that I'll put up and post the links to.

xxx

Firstly welcome to MFC and feel like home !!!:wub2:

Thanks for your report and can't wait to see your pictures and videos !:thumb_yello:

Cool! :thumb_yello:

It must be very funny with the security and the questions... :mf_rosetinted:Sorry but everytime there's the security, i can't hide a big smile.

They are so serious. It makes me laugh. :naughty::blush-anim-cl:

I'm glad I'm not the only one :roftl:

But it's rather the cops who make me smile :naughty:

Welcome here NoAngel!

I really enjoyed your report and will enjoy your pics and vids :wink2:

And the answer to this one is probably a "no", but did anyone meet Mika before or after the performance?

I'd like to know too.

Off top of my head we had -

Relax, Grace Kelly, Big Girls, Love Today, Billy Brown, My Interpretation, Sweet Dreams, Lollipop... I feel like I'm missing some here but it's just a quick post before I start getting dinner out...

No new songs... Some lucky people did get to meet Mika, they had competitions for budding writers, DJ's and photographers and the winners got to meet him!! Had I known I would have done everything to win one of those competitions!! They got photos taken and everything! v. jealous!!

Hi everyone,

xxx

Welcome No Angel - welcome to MFC - I hope you enjoy it here :thumb_yello:

Thanks for your report - which has been dived on like a water pool in

a desert!!! :naughty: With no real Mika news for a while, any new

appearance is met with enthusiasm!! Sounds like it was a great night - am

looking forward to your pics and video!!! :thumb_yello:

Relax, Grace Kelly, Big Girls, Love Today, Billy Brown, My Interpretation, Sweet Dreams, Lollipop... I feel like I'm missing some here but it's just a quick post before I start getting dinner out...

No new songs... Some lucky people did get to meet Mika, they had competitions for budding writers, DJ's and photographers and the winners got to meet him!! Had I known I would have done everything to win one of those competitions!! They got photos taken and everything! v. jealous!!

Hi NoAngel - thanks for the reports, looking forward to the pictures.

Welcome to the MFC.

you must have skipped mentioning stuck in the middle, noangel.. :mf_rosetinted::naughty::wink2: *sitm fan # 1 here :biggrin2:

welcome to mfc! and yes, we are not bored at all to hear your reports of the gig. very lucky of you to be there. look forward to see pics and clips.

i really hope for ya you'll get to meet mika at one of his next gigs (he does a few in july but they are all abroad). he's such a nice and friendly person, as i'm sure you can already guess.

welcome here again! :thumb_yello: