Mika plays for Carphone Warehouse.

RAK1

Hehehe, I noticed that as well...:naughty:

He probably did it by reflex, and when he realised that it wasn't a "normal" gig and people didn't know every letter of the lyrics, he decided to carry on singing himself.

That was very sweet.

I totally agree with that. Seeing the vids, it was a good crowd, and as you well say, it would not be the same as a crowd full of fans, so it would be unrealistic to expect the same madness.

It's great to read your views on how his performance compared to the rest of artists you've seen there, as it really makes me happy that he managed to get everyone on the "Mika-love" frame of mind, particularly knowing that so many people have preconceptions on him (usually negative) and when they are actually confronted with his reality, they actually really like him.

Go Mika, at this rate he's going to conquer the world.:naughty: Let's hope that he doesn't have any evil intentions, LOL!

Depends on what his evil intentions are:fisch:

I for one wouldn't mind a bit of Mika (world) domination!:mf_lustslow::wink2:

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone :blush-anim-cl:

Going to see if theres any good pictures worth putting up when I pick them up today. Bit worried they'll be rubbish as it was only a crappy disposable camera.

I think watching the videos back the crowd weren't really that lousy. Took a bit of warming up and most will only know the words to Love Today, Big Girls, Relax, Grace Kelly, Happy Ending, But by the end there was a lot of cheering going on, think I missed it off the videos but at one point when he went off stage the crowd were chanting "Mikaaa Mikaaa!"

The crowd was never going to be as loud as a concert with paying fans but Mika did a fantastic job of winning over the crowd and I don't think that any one would have been expecting the place would be full of screaming fans.

Your just not going to get that at a company ball with such a mix of people with different musical tastes.

Oh just to add with the chanting of Mikas name... that has NEVER happened before. Last year we had Jamiroquai, year before Bassment Jaxx, year before Will Young and Jamelia, year before Atomic Kitten. None of them got to the crowd as much as Mika. Was the best performance CPW has seen. Also shows that people really did enjoy it! Even if they were a bit slow on the uptake. :biggrin2:

it's really nice to read how the crowd reacted and warmed to him... of course it would never be like at a concert where people pay $$ to see him. i'm glad people enjoyed themselves... you are one lucky girl!!! :wink2:

Thanks, NoAngel! It was great to see all the little Mika cutenesses again--adjusting his earpiece, flinging his head back during Billy Brown, etc. All those endearing things!:wub2:

Nice to know he is alive and well.

Oh, and welcome to MFC!! It is lots of fun here--wait till Mika starts making appearances again, the board will be buzzing!

Thanks everyone :blush-anim-cl:

Going to see if theres any good pictures worth putting up when I pick them up today. Bit worried they'll be rubbish as it was only a crappy disposable camera.

I think watching the videos back the crowd weren't really that lousy. Took a bit of warming up and most will only know the words to Love Today, Big Girls, Relax, Grace Kelly, Happy Ending, But by the end there was a lot of cheering going on, think I missed it off the videos but at one point when he went off stage the crowd were chanting "Mikaaa Mikaaa!"

The crowd was never going to be as loud as a concert with paying fans but Mika did a fantastic job of winning over the crowd and I don't think that any one would have been expecting the place would be full of screaming fans.

Your just not going to get that at a company ball with such a mix of people with different musical tastes.

Oh just to add with the chanting of Mikas name... that has NEVER happened before. Last year we had Jamiroquai, year before Bassment Jaxx, year before Will Young and Jamelia, year before Atomic Kitten. None of them got to the crowd as much as Mika. Was the best performance CPW has seen. Also shows that people really did enjoy it! Even if they were a bit slow on the uptake. :biggrin2:

I am glad to hear that my first impression of the crowd was wrong. We only had a distant video on youtube to base our assessment on, and we are really accustomed to vidoes on youtube dripping with over-the-top love and devotion from the first few rows, so a corporate gig is bound to be different anyway.

After seeing all your vids noangel, we can see that Mika won new fans, in addition to the fans singing along to the songs too. His concerts are enough to convert most negative people really. Infectious joy and frivolity are ultimately hard to resist.

... it really makes me happy that he managed to get everyone on the "Mika-love" frame of mind, particularly knowing that so many people have preconceptions on him (usually negative) and when they are actually confronted with his reality, they actually really like him.

This is fantastic, he got a great reaction from the crowd, even though they weren't all big fans. If he gets this kind of reaction from people who aren't big fans, he's well on his way to being huge.

Agree with this totally! He has that rare ability to make people change their preconceptions of him..this happened to a friend of mine when I took her to see him. It's the sign of a real superstar in the making :wub2:.

Thanks Noangel for the vids, etc, I'm a bit slow on the uptake these days, I've only just realised this was a few days ago. He sounded good and in a funny kind of way it is refreshing to see him perform for a 'neutral' crowd again. Feels a bit like the old days!

Some pictures of Mika in the Carphone Warehouse Carnival Ball 2008 here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/conroyfabion/sets/72157604771484677/

Thanks PurpleCat - they are great!!! :wub2:

Welcome to the MFC!!! :)

I didn't even check what kind of shoes he had on. Was too busy looking at the rest of the gorgeous guy!! :mf_lustslow: hahahaha

No-one can blame you for that :wink2:

Thanx for the link:thumb_yello:

and here are some of Mika's from it :

I like the 4th one lots.

And Luke is clearly there on one.

Are they yours PurpleCat? Did you have a great time? Do you know NoAngel?

Yay! Mika is amazing, that's all there is to it. He could win over anyone. *is proud* :wub2:

Some pictures of Mika in the Carphone Warehouse Carnival Ball 2008 here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/conroyfabion/sets/72157604771484677/

Thanx for the link:thumb_yello:

and here are some of Mika's from it :

Thank you, Purple Cat! And thanks for the Mika links, Miro. :wink2: I am loving his clothes--the bracelets!!!--and his hair, him, everything. :naughty:

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

I love this place :wub2:

Thank you, Purple Cat! And thanks for the Mika links, Miro. :wink2: I am loving his clothes--the bracelets!!!--and his hair, him, everything. :naughty:

No problem :wink2: