2008 - MIKA WINS SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR at the Ivors!!!

Blue Sky

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have I missed something?

Jousting! fangurls on horseback!

I'm I still asleep and dreaming?

What the hecks going on?LOL!

Don't ask :naughty: It's from a very bad habit me and Caz had when we first came on the MFC :naughty:

Nothing to do with his own talent or skill, hey?

I had a very one dimensional view of Mika when I first discovered him and became a fan. When I joined this forum I was still very young in my fandom, hadn't seen much (although I thought I'd seen a lot, but didn't know that it was the tip of the iceberg) and I think I just saw the "boy", the arrested development as someone wrote in an article. The childlikeness that he seems to play up sometimes. What saddens me is that I might have continued to have only this view of him. I "logically" know that nobody is ever really as simple or uncomplicated as the face they may show to the world, but for a lot of celebs they don't show anything except that one face. Or you may not be into them enough to bother digging further. Mika is always surprising me, and I just get the feeling that there is a lot more going on underneath that pretty exterior and fun-loving persona. Maybe it surprises me that he's actually a grown-up, I'm not sure. And I'm not saying that he has all these hidden depths or anything, I wouldn't have a clue. And i never will. But there are many, many faces of Mika and when I try and put the pieces together, the resulting picture is more complicated than I could have imagined when I started here 6 months ago.

Am I making sense?

You are making perfect sense and you are not alone in this thoughts!:wink2:

:boxed:He wasn't on TV was he?

I can't believe I missed him!

Random chicken jokes cause I feel like it:

Make chicken not war x

I had chinese style chicken last night :wink2:

Sometimes we have chicken all together, as a family.

Congratulations Mika!!!

I'm so happy for him. He really deserve this.

He looks great on the pics. So happy :wub2:. And I love his clothes :thumb_yello:

Yasmine looks really great too. I love her dress :wub2:

4 november 2007 : NRJ Awards Montecarlo - 4 AWARDS

20 february 2008 : British Awards - BRITISH BREAKTHROUGH

20 march 2008 : Capital Awards - BEST MALE UK and BEST ALBUM UK

22 may 2008 : Ivor Novello Awards - SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR

All this in one year (more or less)....We are getting into bad habits !!!! :thumb_yello:

GO MIKA, GO !!!!

4220130664xp1.jpg

:kachinga:

Yup! "One of us, one of us!" It's quite the cult favorite.

You can watch clips on Youtube.

Clip.

Interesting trivia about it.

--Jack

I'd hate to sound like a "ooh, Mika loves it, now I have to see it" kind of person, but man I want to see that movie now. That is so interesting! I don't think any movie like that would ever be allowed to be made today. But that story with how the director came from a circus himself .. damn I want to see it. Any idea how we could get our hands on it?

This is awesome news :punk:, and I am loving the new pics. :wub2:

RBSKY :scot:

RAINBOW SKY!! I was just thinking of you today, wondering if you'd pop in. Nice to see you!:wub2:

4 november 2007 : NRJ Awards Montecarlo - 4 AWARDS

20 february 2008 : British Awards - BRITISH BREAKTHROUGH

20 march 2008 : Capital Awards - BEST MALE UK and BEST ALBUM UK

22 may 2008 : Ivor Novello Awards - SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR

All this in one year (more or less)....We are getting into bad habits !!!! :thumb_yello:

GO MIKA, GO !!!!

4220130664xp1.jpg

:kachinga:

A couple of corrections, sorry!

November 2007 World Music Awards in Monaco

-best-selling new artist,

- best-selling male entertainer,

- best-selling pop/rock artist and

- best-selling British artist.

NRJ was January. http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12435

He got Best new Artist of the Year.

I'd hate to sound like a "ooh, Mika loves it, now I have to see it" kind of person, but man I want to see that movie now. That is so interesting! I don't think any movie like that would ever be allowed to be made today. But that story with how the director came from a circus himself .. damn I want to see it. Any idea how we could get our hands on it?

Sure! Do you have something like Netflix in Australia? That would be an easy place to get it. Otherwise, hmm... well, you could buy it on amazon.com or Ebay...

Or, actually! If you have a good connection, you can watch it (free) online here:

http://www.freemoviesandfilms.com/index.php?option=com_seyret&task=videodirectlink&id=76

Enjoy!

--Jack

Sure! Do you have something like Netflix in Australia? That would be an easy place to get it. Otherwise, hmm... well, you could buy it on amazon.com or Ebay...

Or, actually! If you have a good connection, you can watch it (free) online here:

http://www.freemoviesandfilms.com/index.php?option=com_seyret&task=videodirectlink&id=76

Enjoy!

--Jack

Ah! Thank youuuu! :biggrin2::wub2:

I did...years ago, i was obsessed with that movie...the only thing i didnt like was the idea that the freaks were the normal ones and the normal ones the real freaks but the rest is absolutely intense its moving and very emotional and also very violent...and weird when they sing and stuff... i think i even cried but i dont remember well :mf_rosetinted:

(oh and yes of course the one of us scene has been stuck in my mind for years, it was the first time that i had such a strong impression about a movie scene i guess, its just incredible)

I think he should see la cité des enfants perdus...the story of a scientist in a surrealist society who kidnaps children to steal their dreams, hoping that they slow his aging process and the visual world is very intense and impressive too

Like Fur with Nicole Kidman? kind of, I mean...

Have I missed something?

Jousting! fangurls on horseback!

I'm I still asleep and dreaming?

What the hecks going on?LOL!

Pengu...are you still in "the zone"?:naughty:

Lol :naughty: It's only 7.33 am, I should be heading to school.. guess it can wait though.

Yes, we heard before how school can wait:roftl:

I'm about ready to puke. First I have to look at him, well not first, but there he is sitting in vogue with a smirk on his face like he's a bossy boss and then he doesn't want any awards and then he does and he wants to move on from grace kelly and he didn't even write the whole song himself! Not to mention the song wasn't written this year!

Hmmm...so, after reading all your posts, I have a question for you:

Is your name Amy?:naughty::bleh:

Like Fur with Nicole Kidman? kind of, I mean...

hmmm...well, its really different, i mean the atmosphere.. but in a certain way, yeah, they both are about difference, being different and/or in fur, becoming different...becoming yourself...did you like fur? ( i dont like hair,lol, i must be a japonese or something and in that movie you can see a lot of them:naughty:)