2008 - MIKA WINS SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR at the Ivors!!!

Blue Sky

And on a similar topic, he is breathtakingly gorgeous. I try not to be over-obsessed sometimes and I think to myself, "He's a talented guy, and good-looking, but he's also just a guy making a living, yada yada" Then I see pictures of him next to "normal" people (like the photographers, press, etc.) and he really does stand out in a crowd. (You are all thinking "Duh, we know this.")

He is, as I describe him, DELISHIOUS!!! hehe

And he does stand out in a crowd...always a head taller than most people...hehe

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I agree with every word you said there, from Erase being underappreciated to Mika standing out in a crowd

:wub2:

Yay, another "Erase" fan! :wink2:

it's a free world hun

i hope we are allowed to have more than one (mika moments)

:naughty::naughty:

i agree 100% btw

I have many Mika moments, but I really had a moment today where I had to accept the fact that no matter how hard I try to think of him as "normal", he's absolutely incredible. From looks to talent he's got it all. *sigh* No wonder my love-life is non-existent. When I subconsciously compare every guy to Mika, I'm bound to be forever disappointed.

He is, as I describe him, DELISHIOUS!!! hehe

And he does stand out in a crowd...always a head taller than most people...hehe

He stands out in more ways than one! :naughty:

I have many Mika moments, but I really had a moment today where I had to accept the fact that no matter how hard I try to think of him as "normal", he's absolutely incredible. From looks to talent he's got it all. *sigh* No wonder my love-life is non-existent. When I subconsciously compare every guy to Mika, I'm bound to be forever disappointed.

High 5! We may as well start a club for those who don't find a boyfriend cos they keep comparing every guy they meet to mika :naughty:

That song is so underappreciated. :naughty: I like it! (Then again, I haven't found a Mika song I don't like.)

Which is why I'm SOOO happy he won Songwriter of the Year! Even though I'm a biased fan who thinks anything he does is amazing, I can step out of my fandom and still see that he is above and beyond anyone else out there. He truly is the best songwriter I've found, which is why no album has affected me like LICM has. Yay, Mika!!! :pbjt:

And on a similar topic, he is breathtakingly gorgeous. I try not to be over-obsessed sometimes and I think to myself, "He's a talented guy, and good-looking, but he's also just a guy making a living, yada yada" Then I see pictures of him next to "normal" people (like the photographers, press, etc.) and he really does stand out in a crowd. (You are all thinking "Duh, we know this.") But no matter how hard I try to think of him as "normal" he just isn't. He's talented above and beyond anyone else, and he truly is beautiful. Very, VERY few people in this world are THAT beautiful. :mf_lustslow:

Yes, I just had a Mika moment. :blush-anim-cl:

I agree with every word you said here too!!! Erase is a cool song...more like the typical pop song imo.

A quote from the times today:

Mika, the Lebanese-born star, was named Songwriter of the Year. The Grace Kelly chart-topper, who studied music in London, said: “I don’t think I’ve ever been more nervous about anything in my life but it’s all right now. It makes me feel quite humble but it’s just a beginning and I’m going to go now and get on with my next record.”

(sorry if already posted!)

The thing that makes me so happy for Mika winning this, is his total respect for the award and what it stands for. He was quite adamant on Wednesday night how important the Novello awards were for songwriters, I was very impressed by his attitude, which when he won it shone through.

Unlike some people's attitude, we all know who I'm talking about, who has everyone at the event running around like headless chickens, so the press don't bother them, not bothering to turn up to pick up their award, choosing to sit outside in their car, then flouncing in at the end to attract the right amount of attention they require, and when being interviewed pretty much say that they don't feel these awards are important enough for them!

I'm sorry, but that takes divaish behavior to the extreme, and I don't care how talented you are, there is a limit and I think it has now been crossed.

So Ms Winehouse, it's time to grow up now and stop acting like a petulant child.

That is so right! And as a result when i search for Mika on google for instance i find myself swamped with zillions of "Amy Winehouse gets dad to pick up Ivor Novello award" "Dad steps in for late-arriving Amy at Ivor Novello ceremony" "Amy Winehouse shows at Ivor awards" :mf_rosetinted::boxed:

Mika, the Lebanese-born star, was named Songwriter of the Year. The Grace Kelly chart-topper, who studied music in London, said: “I don’t think I’ve ever been more nervous about anything in my life but it’s all right now. It makes me feel quite humble but it’s just a beginning and I’m going to go now and get on with my next record.”

Oh my goodness...how cute:wink2:

Yay, another "Erase" fan! :wink2:

Yes, here comes another one!

I really love Erase, just listen to the lyrics!:wub2:

He talks, well sings, about just that kind of stupid thing you do when you should have known better but can't help yourself when emotions runs away with you!:blush-anim-cl:

And his voice is so beautiful in that song!:wub2:

We're so happy that he won!!!!

Does anyone know where we can get that really cool watch of his??? Would also love to have that heart bracelet. They used to sell the heart bracelet at "Hot Topic" but know the don't have it. We would really love to have both. Don't know where to look for the watch. We think it is so Mika and so us.

The Meyer Twins

High 5! We may as well start a club for those who don't find a boyfriend cos they keep comparing every guy they meet to mika

Haha, Mika is going to be responsible for sooo many single women out there. :naughty:

Haha...can I joinn?!? hehehe

Of course! The more the merrier! It's nice to have others to commiserate with. :wink2:

I am too.

Yay!!

I agree with every word you said here too!!! Erase is a cool song...more like the typical pop song imo.

Excellent, thanks for saying so! It is a great song. I wish Mika had played it live on tour. (Has he EVER?)

Oh, thank you! That is so sweet. I am glad x1,000,000 that he won! He deserves this so, so much. :wub2:

Yes, here comes another one!

I really love Erase, just listen to the lyrics!

He talks, well sings, about just that kind of stupid thing you do when you should have known better but can't help yourself when emotions runs away with you!

And his voice is so beautiful in that song!

Exactly. I love when he talks, and what he talks about, and everything he says, and how he says it (and when he speaks in other languages), etc... :blush-anim-cl::roftl:

I believe I am smitten. :bleh:

We're so happy that he won!!!!

Does anyone know where we can get that really cool watch of his??? Would also love to have that heart bracelet. They used to sell the heart bracelet at "Hot Topic" but know the don't have it. We would really love to have both. Don't know where to look for the watch. We think it is so Mika and so us.

The Meyer Twins

i think i've seen the heart bracelet at "Claires", i could be wrong though. i should go check that out. you do have "Claires" in the states right?

Yeah we do. We'll have to check that out. Funny, we were just there a few days ago.

I also had a necklace when I was 4 that matched his heart bracelet perfectly. I even wore it in my preschool school picture. Too bad I don't have it anymore. :bleh:

Well to each their own. I love practically every other song Mika's done that i've heard, so I'm not overly fussed that i don't really like Erase and it's perfectly ok that you all love it. Would be a bit boring if we all had exactly the same tastes.

Oh and even tho I'm married, can I join the "Mika's ruined me for all other men" club?:naughty: