2008 - MIKA WINS SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR at the Ivors!!!

Blue Sky

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What classifies as Lebanese features?! HAHA I'm so clueless :roftl:

What i love about his sisters is that everytime I see a pic of them they are wearing either a dress or skirt...and atleast in my country you don't really see that, girls r always wearing jeans, esp skinny jeans now. They look really pretty!

What classifies as Lebanese features?! HAHA I'm so clueless :roftl:

What i love about his sisters is that everytime I see a pic of them they are wearing either a dress or skirt...and atleast in my country you don't really see that, girls r always wearing jeans, esp skinny jeans now. They look really pretty!

yes, i agree! Yasmine looks lovely in her dresses. :thumb_yello:

hmmm...well, its really different, i mean the atmosphere.. but in a certain way, yeah, they both are about difference, being different and/or in fur, becoming different...becoming yourself...did you like fur? ( i dont like hair,lol, i must be a japonese or something and in that movie you can see a lot of them:naughty:)

Oh well if you don't like hair.....:naughty:

I actually did, yes. It's not the usual movie, not the usual love story, it's intense......a pity they didn't show the real Diane Arbus masterpieces.....

o.c. everyone hardly can do in most countries. also in england, when you come to think about it. but you may maybe define a sorta of english look that looks "more english" than other, if I may say so.

and I didn't think his dad look lebanese at all! :bleh: I think he did look american or english: very, to me. :wink2:

Yes,I agree with you...Mika's dad looks like the typical American to me,altough I have seen only one picture of him...Mika looks very lebanese to me,but he has the american figure. His figure (tall and skinny) is much more american than lebanese,but the expression in his eyes and his face is absolutely lebanese and exotic!

...Mika, accompagné d'une jeune-femme..

http://www.purepeople.com/9079-PHOTOS-Mika-nabab-des-ventes-de-disques-en-Grande-Bretagne-.html

I would've believed those frenchies fanatics better informed :dance_man:

its written that he won best selling lmao and they dont know its his sista

it's great to see daddys collecting autographs for ebay auctions sake:naughty:

:naughty:

Avoca & Miro, there you go :D:

Sorry for it being small version but this is the best one i found with no watermarks

getthumbnailphpdk8.jpg

another small one but cute:

nmnmie8.jpg

Thank you :)

I'm not sure paloma or fortunee look particularly lebanese either.. I mean, in fortunee's case, aside his hair colour, but that doesn't qualify you as lebanese just cause you are dark haired.

and the way the penniman girls usually dress (sorta ethnic-chic: very lovely) also helps to give an exotic touch to their style. :wink2:

I thought Paloma looked the most lebanese out of all of them. And yeah their styles are very exotic :thumb_yello:

I know...the jacket is pretty sweet, isn't it?

It emphasises his figure :wub2:

But I also like that it has a zipper, like a little surprise. (can't explain it better) On the first pics I thought it only had buttons.

Just like the one he wore at Capital FM Awards, which looked like it was a sweater.

It emphasises his figure :wub2:

But I also like that it has a zipper, like a little surprise. (can't explain it better) On the first pics I thought it only had buttons.

Just like the one he wore at Capital FM Awards, which looked like it was a sweater.

Oh yes his figure...:das: The zipper/button thing is cool!!!

Yeah, the sweater jacket thing was a cool one as well!!!

Good point. I mean, we're biased! Well, I think I am anyway. I do try to be critical (I don't think I will ever be able to concede that Erase is a good song), but often my fangurlyness gets in the way.:roftl:

That song is so underappreciated. :naughty: I like it! (Then again, I haven't found a Mika song I don't like.)

Which is why I'm SOOO happy he won Songwriter of the Year! Even though I'm a biased fan who thinks anything he does is amazing, I can step out of my fandom and still see that he is above and beyond anyone else out there. He truly is the best songwriter I've found, which is why no album has affected me like LICM has. Yay, Mika!!! :pbjt:

And on a similar topic, he is breathtakingly gorgeous. I try not to be over-obsessed sometimes and I think to myself, "He's a talented guy, and good-looking, but he's also just a guy making a living, yada yada" Then I see pictures of him next to "normal" people (like the photographers, press, etc.) and he really does stand out in a crowd. (You are all thinking "Duh, we know this.") But no matter how hard I try to think of him as "normal" he just isn't. He's talented above and beyond anyone else, and he truly is beautiful. Very, VERY few people in this world are THAT beautiful. :mf_lustslow:

Yes, I just had a Mika moment. :blush-anim-cl:

That song is so underappreciated. :naughty: I like it! (Then again, I haven't found a Mika song I don't like.)

Which is why I'm SOOO happy he won Songwriter of the Year! Even though I'm a biased fan who thinks anything he does is amazing, I can step out of my fandom and still see that he is above and beyond anyone else out there. He truly is the best songwriter I've found, which is why no album has affected me like LICM has. Yay, Mika!!! :pbjt:

And on a similar topic, he is breathtakingly gorgeous. I try not to be over-obsessed sometimes and I think to myself, "He's a talented guy, and good-looking, but he's also just a guy making a living, yada yada" Then I see pictures of him next to "normal" people (like the photographers, press, etc.) and he really does stand out in a crowd. (You are all thinking "Duh, we know this.") But no matter how hard I try to think of him as "normal" he just isn't. He's talented above and beyond anyone else, and he truly is beautiful. Very, VERY few people in this world are THAT beautiful. :mf_lustslow:

Yes, I just had a Mika moment. :blush-anim-cl:

And I agree with every word you said there, from Erase being underappreciated to Mika standing out in a crowd

:wub2: