Possible Life In Cartoon Motion plagiarism?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just came back from Montreal where they were promoting the upcoming Montreal Jazz Festival. Maybe I am just suffering from too much Mika-on-the-mind, but I found the artwork to be a bit "DaWack-inspired" (although, I wouldn't necessarily call it plagiarism)... http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/Fijm2008/images/fonds_ecrans/fond_ecran_fijm1024x768.jpg

I just came back from Montreal where they were promoting the upcoming Montreal Jazz Festival. Maybe I am just suffering from too much Mika-on-the-mind, but I found the artwork to be a bit "DaWack-inspired" (although, I wouldn't necessarily call it plagiarism)... http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/Fijm2008/images/fonds_ecrans/fond_ecran_fijm1024x768.jpg

someone had mentioned it on the french thread, but i saw the poster today as well. although it has that "look" at least it doesn't have all the trademark elements to it! :wink2:

before mika came along there was alot of art work done this way . did nobody even thought he get his inspiration from somewhere?

there is nothing wrong with getting inspiration from others work as long as you don't copy it and say it's your idea

before mika came along there was alot of art work done this way . did nobody even thought he get his inspiration from somewhere?

there is nothing wrong with getting inspiration from others work as long as you don't copy it and say it's your idea

60-70 flower power!:naughty:

You're right, there's nothing wrong about using the same style. But Patito Feo took not only the style, but every single element of Mika's art.

Yeah, and what surprises me the most is that they're so similar... I mean, you can draw some circles and you could call it "suspicious" but this cover is waaaaay too alike. The arrows, the piano :thumbdown:

And the circles that have the exact same colour pattern as the one on LiCM, coincidence? I think not.

no it's definetly not a coincidence they have used his album as an example thats obvious. but the problem is you can use elements of a design and put them in other places than the original, put some of your own stuff and then i'ts your own design. thats legal

someone had mentioned it on the french thread, but i saw the poster today as well. although it has that "look" at least it doesn't have all the trademark elements to it! :wink2:

That's beautiful but not "DaWack-inspired" at all. If anything, it looks a lot closer to the 70s style artwork that Dawack/Mika must have gotten their inspiration from themselves.

dylan.jpg

disney.jpg

Clouds.

Rainbows.

Rainbow cartoons! :bleh:

And swirlies and flowers.

And look at what I get when I google "retro circles."

--Jack

That's beautiful but not "DaWack-inspired" at all. If anything, it looks a lot closer to the 70s style artwork that Dawack/Mika must have gotten their inspiration from themselves.

dylan.jpg

disney.jpg

Clouds.

Rainbows.

--Jack

yes thats what i was talking abou too

• 3 months later...

dylan.jpg

disney.jpg

Clouds.

Rainbows.

--Jack

OMGGG I LOVE THE RAINBOW ONE!!!

Thanks for sharing Jack!