Mika joins the stadium posse

dcdeb

Should we get t shirts printed plugging a show for R A H?

That would be hilarious.

Part of me wants to see Mika doing stadiums as a sign of his success, and to be able to gloat to people that we knew him when he was doing shows for 16 people or whatever. It is sort of inevitable that the shift in venues will occur, and it is very exciting for any artist I am sure to have so many people want to attend! At least we know that Mika knows he will look like a tiny speck to the fans at the back, so he will be working hard on doing the best visuals he can for the distance and scale.

But even in a stadium, I would like to see him look after his special core fans, his MFCers, who were there from the start, by making sure that even in a stadium, we have access to front section seating/special seating and whatever.

Now how is that going to happen? Perhaps more easily in Europe and the UK than in the rest of the world. The front rows are so often hogged by industry people and hangers-on. Especially here in Nippon. And never having been in a fanclub before, I don't know how the privelegs usually work. Anyone?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its amazing - and a show of his talent, that he can fill a stadium

himself now!! I hope he does still do the smaller gigs as well though.

I wont be going to Paris - but Kath and Abby, and lots of others will -

so once again, we can live through the concert with them via text

and phone calls - then we can share the photos and videos afterwards.

Go Mika!!!! You rock!!! :kachinga:

This is both exciting and sad for me.

I am incredibly sad that I never even HEARD Mika's music until a few months ago, and then my lovely..obsession began, but I have never had the chance to see him in concert.

And, living in America, I have never heard him on the radio or anything, but I am scared that when (if) he comes next time it will not be an intimate setting and I will never get to meet him!

However, that is great that he is selling out that big of a venue!

I hope he doesn't forget about the little people x.x

That would be hilarious.

Part of me wants to see Mika doing stadiums as a sign of his success, and to be able to gloat to people that we knew him when he was doing shows for 16 people or whatever. It is sort of inevitable that the shift in venues will occur, and it is very exciting for any artist I am sure to have so many people want to attend! At least we know that Mika knows he will look like a tiny speck to the fans at the back, so he will be working hard on doing the best visuals he can for the distance and scale.

But even in a stadium, I would like to see him look after his special core fans, his MFCers, who were there from the start, by making sure that even in a stadium, we have access to front section seating/special seating and whatever.

Now how is that going to happen? Perhaps more easily in Europe and the UK than in the rest of the world. The front rows are so often hogged by industry people and hangers-on. Especially here in Nippon. And never having been in a fanclub before, I don't know how the privelegs usually work. Anyone?

Mika is aware of all this and I suspect he will have it covered.

You say the right things to get a girl's hopes up don't you Rose.:naughty::naughty:

(and FD)

Just like someone else we know:roftl:

You say the right things to get a girl's hopes up don't you Rose.:naughty::naughty:

(and FD)

Just like someone else we know:roftl:

.... patience patience ... heres a song for you :wink2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEzuC5UoM8g

We are all supporting a perfectionist .. tis true ..... that brings its challenges , and good things come to those who wait :punk:

:emot-sad:

I wish I had been there from the start...

Well think of it this way, you are one year behind a handful of us, but YEARS ahead of some people yet to discover him.:naughty:

Core is a relative term. "Core" in 2008-2009 probably won't be the same as "core" in 2018!!

Noo dont be silly , it was amazing to be here "from the start" but hes only just into his career really , your here and thats all that matters :thumb_yello:

I hope that this club stays together..it really is amazing. I mean..you guys are so active and just its great for me because nobody is really into Mika and his music around me, well..they might like his music but not as much as I do. so coming here is just a great opportunity for me!

I can't wait until I get the chance to post my own experiences if and hopefully when he comes back!!

This is both exciting and sad for me.

I am incredibly sad that I never even HEARD Mika's music until a few months ago, and then my lovely..obsession began, but I have never had the chance to see him in concert.

And, living in America, I have never heard him on the radio or anything, but I am scared that when (if) he comes next time it will not be an intimate setting and I will never get to meet him!

However, that is great that he is selling out that big of a venue!

I hope he doesn't forget about the little people x.x

I don't think we here in the states have to worry about stadium gigs for

Mika just yet... unless he's part of a big festival thing. I mean, he's

growing in popularity here, but it's definitely not the same here as it is

in the rest of the world. We're just a little slow. In any case, I'm pretty

sure that the next time he tours the US the venues will be manageable.

Not the 1200-person venue I first saw him in, but not 55,000-seat stadiums,

either. :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

Well think of it this way, you are one year behind a handful of us, but YEARS ahead of some people yet to discover him.:naughty:

Core is a relative term. "Core" in 2008-2009 probably won't be the same as "core" in 2018!!

hah yeah!

and by 2018 god knows how many fans Mika will have, especially if after only such a short period he is SELLING OUT a Stadium!!!

either. :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

it is sortof nice that he is not like..crazy well known here. It seems to me that people in America who rise to fame so fast fall really fast too...

plus OMG. Mika is such an escape from all the rap! His songs actually have meaning, and that is a rare thing in popular music here today.

:emot-sad:

I wish I had been there from the start...

It's funny you should say that.

I normally am the last one to get hooked into anything, bands, trends whatever.

But for some reason, actually being there fom the beginning of this, still feels surreal to me, like it should be happening to someone else:boxed:

It's really cool to have taken this ride with him, and seeing how he is evolving with his ideas, but yet not letting himself be changed, staying true to himself. A lot of other people would, and have, let it change them into complete muppets (for the want of a better word:naughty:), but Mika has stayed the sweet and kind guy he was in the beginning, he only turns on the attitude for people who give it to him first, I've never seen him be nasty to a fan.

But for some reason, actually being there fom the beginning of this, still feels surreal to me, like it should be happening to someone else:boxed:

It's really cool to have taken this ride with him, and seeing how he is evolving with his ideas, but yet not letting himself be changed, staying true to himself. A lot of other people would, and have, let it change them into complete muppets (for the want of a better word:naughty:), but Mika has stayed the sweet and kind guy he was in the beginning, he only turns on the attitude for people who give it to him first, I've never seen him be nasty to a fan.

that is so good to hear. It is really amazing that he has stayed true to himself too eh? Its really something to respect in my eyes, sooo many people sell out to get more money or become famous, but he is spending more than he makes in order to make the show amazing!

well I am happy that the people that were with him from the start are so kind and accepting. You guys rock! :punk: --see? the smiley proves it. lol

that is so good to hear. It is really amazing that he has stayed true to himself too eh? Its really something to respect in my eyes, sooo many people sell out to get more money or become famous, but he is spending more than he makes in order to make the show amazing!

well I am happy that the people that were with him from the start are so kind and accepting. You guys rock! :punk: --see? the smiley proves it. lol

I feel lucky I found him all those months ago - but this place is for ALL

his fans - and we are all here because we love his music, and respect

him for all his values. The fan club could not continue to grow without

newer members joining in here as well - so everyone counts!! :thumb_yello:

This is the thing about him, he really isn't in it for the money. He would rather put on an extraordinary show, than be one of these up their own backside artists who would spend the money on "other things".

yes please, the more you are the better....it can be done instead of a fancy dress (apart from you rose:wub2:....a bit overcome now....) and i'm sure Mika likes mfcers being so mad, and so kind at the same time, to ask for something through a t-shirt.

And we heard it all first hand, Rose!! :wub2:

Same here, I am all for smaller venues, so even though I'm very happy for him and excited for him, I REALLY hope that this is not going to be the norm for the future Mika shows.

Mika, please, keep doing smaller stuff.

Oh, and also the Royal Albert Hall one please.

totally agree with you sariflor, though wembley has got a spell on me...wembley i think i would go!

and YES PLEASE MIKA...RAH RAH RAH!!!

That would be hilarious.

i share your feelings, i'd like to see some benefits here. being a dedicated fan, i'm ready to do whatever to avoid big masses in huge venues. and i'd like to be at big events as paris if only i was sure i could have a special treatment.

i mean, i'm not here just because i DEMAND a special treatment...no, i'm here cause i love mika and his music, but, considering what the future gigs will bring, i'd like to see something done for us fans.

i will miss paris, i'm sure...but i really could not afford a stadium.

His North American tour-----I remember being blown away when the camera scanned the crowd in, I think, Montreal, when he played to about 11,000.

I can't even imagine 55,000! What a trip! It is so good to see such talent recognized--sometime the world does work the right way!

Brillian!!! Absolutely flipping brilliant!!!!!

I bet his stadium gigs will be sensational, and I'm dying to see footage of the Paris stadium gig!!!!

Mika is fabulous!!!

I've done an edit, because, looking at some of the previous posts, I notice people saying that privilages should be given to those who were with him at the start. I agree, but I think that anyone who is in the fan club, even if they only joined yesterday, deserve the same thing. The fans should not be divided into those who knew him from Grace Kelly, and those who have only recently come to know him. Please don't split the fan club. We are ALL his fans and we want his fan base to grow into millions, and for all to be treated equally.

either.

dcdeb

I may do a trip or two to the US next tour then:naughty:...Use that "MFC tourbus" that we spoke about!

I suppose that we have been spoilt to a certain degree- I realise that it's incredibly lucky to have seen him play for circa 200-300 people (ICA) and then tons of small-ish places, and all except for 2 of those from the front row.

But even though I know rationally that it is lucky, and not the norm, I can't avoid how I feel about it and about somehow "losing the magic". Of course it's good for him that he needs to do larger venues, because it means that he is becoming successful and I can't be happy or excited enough about it for him....I guess it's just bittersweet: I feel sad and incredibly happy at the same time!

But you go Mika, we knew that the world would love you, you deserve it all, and you will make it big.

Just remember that the MFC need to be at the front :bleh:.

But for some reason, actually being there fom the beginning of this, still feels surreal to me, like it should be happening to someone else.

It's really cool to have taken this ride with him, and seeing how he is evolving with his ideas, but yet not letting himself be changed, staying true to himself. A lot of other people would, and have, let it change them into complete muppets (for the want of a better word), but Mika has stayed the sweet and kind guy he was in the beginning, he only turns on the attitude for people who give it to him first, I've never seen him be nasty to a fan.

Ditto. Totally agree!

[/b]

Can I join the suspicion?:naughty:

He will look after his core fans mes 100% sure

I love the sound of core fans, LOL! Sounds so....hard core?:roftl:

i hope the show will be good.

i hope to see some videos on youtube after the show.

maybe when ill be some 5 years older (18) i could get to see him live... naaah my mum is too strict.

have a nice time guys

Oh there will be tons, don't worry. I am buying more memory so I can film absolutely everything.

*sigh* I'm torn.

I wish he'll sell out Woodstock capacity venues for the rest of his life. If that is what he's dreaming of he shall have it. Also I'm convinced that everyone should see him live at least once and this can't be accomplished playing Koko sized places, sadly.

It also makes me a bit sad, though as it seems to be the inevitable end of the 'Mika live experience' as I know it. I'm dead sure he has something grand in mind and even surer he will realise it but due to the size of those venues it will never be the same, however spectacular the the details may turn out.

Which is why I really hope that he will mix his venues. Do a stadium or 2, then do a few small ones.

There is no reason why he should totally ditch the small venues, just because he's filling up the large ones.

New fans or people who don't mind too much about size (or know no better, shhhhh) will go to the stadiums. So shall we. But then we will also go to the smaller ones.

All sorted:thumb_yello:.

I have faith. I really want to. Heck, I NEED to, or I would get depressed if I thought that this is the end of the Mika as we know it!

Exa

OOOOH YES!

We are SO doing it!

I will pm you.

Brillian!!! Absolutely flipping brilliant!!!!!

I bet his stadium gigs will be sensational, and I'm dying to see footage of the Paris stadium gig!!!!

Mika is fabulous!!!

I've done an edit, because, looking at some of the previous posts, I notice people saying that privilages should be given to those who were with him at the start. I agree, but I think that anyone who is in the fan club, even if they only joined yesterday, deserve the same thing. The fans should not be divided into those who knew him from Grace Kelly, and those who have only recently come to know him. Please don't split the fan club. We are ALL his fans and we want his fan base to grow into millions, and for all to be treated equally.

I don't think that anyone has suggested that, and it would surprise me a lot if Mika would contemplate something like that anyway...

Fans are fans, it doesn't matter from when.

As long as they are real fans, and not just opportunists who would join a fanclub just to get stuff out of it to resell or similar, I'm sure that noone will be in that situation.