Mika joins the stadium posse

dcdeb

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been so unhappy about the fact that I live in the States, a fact that I was never happy about to begin with.

well next year I am going to UK for a vacation...so.......If you want to join me!

I want to go so badly. This makes me want to run there, but sadly i'm not that fit.:thumbdown::naughty:

I'd really love to be living in europe or the uk right now..

There better be TONS of pics and videos from the people who are going!

....TONS!:shocked:

Knowing mika, this is going to be completely over the top in a good way.

I'll be waiting on my toes. :cheerful_h4h:

:kachinga:

I'll be waiting with you!:thumb_yello:

oh yes, there better be a vast amount of Video and such from this!

I know the wonderful members of MFC will come through for us not there :)

I wonder exactly what he has planned for this?

something amazing and surreal no doubt!

:shocked:

Oh look! A wave of jealousy has just passed by! :tears:

That's amazing... A bigger show than the ones he's had? That's gonna be phenomenal...

Set designers? :shocked:

Mika, you better bring that to LA :sneaky2:

I HAVE to go to that London show... I wonder if a year is enough to save up for a plane ticket and gig tickets... :groupwave:

Thanks!

BTW: that's on my birthday!!! haha

As one of the most experienced "online-gig-watchers" on MFC, (not by choice...I would rather see him IRL!!) I have to say, we are sure to be FLOODED with footage of the shows in Europe. I am one of the people who sit here googling/youtubing/dailymotioning/etc for the pics and vids and all.

From the first show, I will be "in position" sitting at my keyboard:naughty:

I guess we can take comfort in the fact that, although he is excited by the fact of doing these huge shows, he has said he does love doing the small intimate shows, so I don't think we've seen the last of smaller shows.

I hope your right, and there wont be many people who get great pics and vids like they used to if he does big stadiums, think the first 20 odd rows will be taken by the chosen few, so I just see doom and gloom of just seeing him on a huge screen and that for me will be so disappointing and I don't know if I can adjust to that.:(

But even though he said he prefers more intimate and smaller gigs, I guess that was when that was the size of his audience and now that has grown it will be a measure of his success and I guess that is gonna be addictive to him.

RAH + Mika = bliss

hah yeah!

and by 2018 god knows how many fans Mika will have, especially if after only such a short period he is SELLING OUT a Stadium!!!

yeey by then I will be able to get into the special part with my granny zimmer frame :punk:

I suppose that we have been spoilt to a certain degree- I realise that it's incredibly lucky to have seen him play for circa 200-300 people (ICA) and then tons of small-ish places, and all except for 2 of those from the front row.

But even though I know rationally that it is lucky, and not the norm, I can't avoid how I feel about it and about somehow "losing the magic". Of course it's good for him that he needs to do larger venues, because it means that he is becoming successful and I can't be happy or excited enough about it for him....I guess it's just bittersweet: I feel sad and incredibly happy at the same time!

But you go Mika, we knew that the world would love you, you deserve it all, and you will make it big.

Just remember that the MFC need to be at the front :bleh:.

well said Sarflor (and I want a RAH shirt too ) :naughty:

From the first show, I will be "in position" sitting at my keyboard:naughty:

Gee, I wonder if there will be anyone there who would text me here in

the US... so I could continue my Virtual Dodgy Holiday Tour experience...

:fisch:

dcdeb

I am all for smaller venues, so even though I'm very happy for him and excited for him, I REALLY hope that this is not going to be the norm for the future Mika shows. Mika, please, keep doing smaller stuff.

That's kinda where I'm at, too. This Paris gig is going to be amazing - he's going to be pulling out all the stops, and the crowd is going to feed off his energy.

I love how he sounds so proud of selling out this beast of a venue. Remember in the DVD, he was so elated at selling out like 3,000? And that was barely over a year ago. While I selfishly admit to preferring smaller shows, I can't help but be oh-so proud of him. :wub2:

But even in a stadium, I would like to see him look after his special core fans, his MFCers, who were there from the start, by making sure that even in a stadium, we have access to front section seating/special seating and whatever.

Yo, Mika - listen to Blue Sky, she knows what she's talking about! :naughty:

I just hope that if Mika does try to implement some special MFC access in the future, he makes sure that it's organized and well planned out. *cough, Brixton wristband fiasco*

Something tells me that if it's done haphazardly and a bunch of random Joe Schmos get special access and/or front row tickets and diehard MFCers get shoved to the back stands - solely because the whole thing was badly organized - there will be a riot on here. :bleh:

I have never been so unhappy about the fact that I live in the States, a fact that I was never happy about to begin with.

Viva la US! I'm biased against stadium shows, so I'm more than happy that he should, in theory, still be doing theatres for his next US tour. I'd prefer being able to see Mika (and not a teensy, ant-sized, Mika-shaped figure) over some elaborate visual spectacle.

I HAVE to go to that London show... I wonder if a year is enough to save up for a plane ticket and gig tickets... :groupwave:

Totally! Despite all my nattering about not liking stadiums, I have a feeling I'll be catching Mika across the Pond in '09.

All you Cali gals should start saving for a massive London field trip! :huglove:

LA to London plane ticket: $850

Five nights in a London hostel: $200

Mika gig ticket: +/- $65

I think the "convincing your parents" part might be harder than the "saving the money" part. :roftl: