Forum Update/Message from Mika

dcdeb

Hey all...

Looks like the forum is back, after more than 36 hours down!

Special thanks to StandardToaster for his efforts :) and to

all of you for your patience.

As you may have heard, earlier today, Mika learned of the problems we've been having with the forum and he wrote to tell us he would look into it.

We received this message from him and he asked that we share it with all of you:

"This is a message to you and to all the members of the MFC.

This note is in response to the email with your account of the problems that you have been encountering recently. I am extremely sorry at the way the transfer of ownership of the MFC has taken place. Transfer of ownership aside, the MFC, in my eyes, is a self-created community that has been so supportive and pro-active over the past year that I want and aim to help it in as many ways as I can. This is why I purchased the website.

I will openly admit that I am disappointed in the technical difficulties that have recently been encountered and was unaware of the many shortcomings that you have been experiencing because of the quality of the server. Please do not underestimate the extent to which I value everything that you have done and continue to do. In a way I am glad that this has come to my attention so strongly in the past 30 hours. For it means I can now make appropriate changes, not only to restore the MFC to the technical functionality that you are used to, but also make significant technical improvements. This will hopefully include more personal email and online community functions (such as personal fan pages). This has already been in the works and the server that we have been using has merely been a stop-gap. This does not excuse the fact that the website is down. I ask you one thing, and that is to bear with me while I find out what has happened and fix it as soon as possible.

Please feel free to post this. I too am now waiting for some answers.

Mika"

So... as Mika said, please bear with us. The forum is back for now, and

we're hopeful that the downtime is behind us... but you never know...

That said, we're optimistic that the future of MikaFanClub.com is brighter

than ever! :thumb_yello:

The MFC Mod/Admin Team

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting, Deb. Good stuff, good stuff. :wink2:

Edit:

Thanks to everyone who worked hard getting this site back up and running, and StandardToaster for making the front page look not so...gross. I'll miss Super Squirrel and MFC singing on the home page. haha

Hooray for StandardToaster and his partner in crime lollipop_monkey, who've gone to extraordinary lengths to keep this site running, not just today, but for many months.

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

And thank you Mika for getting in touch. We couldn't be more pleased. :kaf:

Thank you dcdeb for sharing the news. :thumb_yello:

Hooray for Standard Toaster and lollipop_monkey! :flowers2::clap::winner_first_h4h:

To Mika: :wub2:

What a great way to end the day. :biggrin2:

Yes, When I read his message to us...it just made me feel so overwhelmed...to know that he actually cares, that he wants us to have this place up and running.

It confirms EVERYTHING that I felt in the beginning...The sheer respect that he has for his fans radiates from within him.

It's days like these when I just feel more love for him than I can contain...

He is a cut above the rest, truly special and truly beautiful.

I LOVE YOU MIKA!:mf_lustslow:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when i was reading this i didnt know that mika wrote it and as i was reading i was like waaaaaaaaaaaait one second this doesnt sound like a letter from the mods so i looked at the signature and started freaking out! my hear was palpitating lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roftl::roftl:

Hooray for StandardToaster and his partner in crime lollipop_monkey, who've gone to extraordinary lengths to keep this site running, not just today, but for many months.

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

And thank you Mika for getting in touch. We couldn't be more pleased. :kaf:

I second that! Hurrah!

YESS!

It's back! :wub2:

thanks everyone who worked on getting it back up!! And Thanks Mika for your concern :wub2: It's heartwarming.. haha

And thanks StandardToaster! The front page was lovely and thanks for working on getting Mika's team notified!

Was this the longest the MFC has been down!? :shocked: Cause 35 hours is a LOT!

It's nice to be back :punk:

Thanks for posting, Deb. Good stuff, good stuff. :wink2:

Edit:

Thanks to everyone who worked hard getting this site back up and running, and StandardToaster for making the front page look not so...gross. I'll miss Super Squirrel and MFC singing on the home page. haha

mfc.jpg

I'm keeping this forever :bleh: I think it perfectly characterizes the MFC :naughty:

That was really kind of Mika to write that for us :wub2:

Again, thanks for your hard work everyone! hope the MFC can stay running without any more major difficulties!

yay! so thrilled the site is running again! although, that chat was a blast, with the "mika penniman" poser :wink2: late last night, and everyone there was right: the chat allowed everyone to become closer and it was a lot of fun.

Aw, it's just like meeks to care so much... and all the changes in store will be great, I'm sure!

yay! so thrilled the site is running again! although, that chat was a blast, with the "mika penniman" poser :wink2: late last night, and everyone there was right: the chat allowed everyone to become closer and it was a lot of fun.

Aw, it's just like meeks to care so much... and all the changes in store will be great, I'm sure!

i remember that night!

yesterday was weird indeed!

that chat was great! we ought to do it again

That's what I was wondering..

A page for fans?

A page Mika posts things for fans?

A blog space/myspace sort of thing for fans?:huh:

There is an upgrade to this message board that would include more comprehensive profiles...something like a MySpace page. He may be talking about something along those lines. We hope to find out more of what he has in mind in the coming weeks.

There is an upgrade to this message board that would include more comprehensive profiles...something like a MySpace page. He may be talking about something along those lines. We hope to find out more of what he has in mind in the coming weeks.

Thats would actually be really cool as long as there was privacy against guests. but i guess it would be up to the person how much they wanted to put in, but i'm all for that.