• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh my friend back home met him today randomly walking around Birmingham...she doesn't even like him! :thumbdown:

nooooo way!!!!! :shocked: wow!! how annoying that she's not even a fan!! :sad:

I'll check out your vids later when I have time :thumb_yello: I'm sure you had a fab time!!

nooooo way!!!!! :shocked: wow!! how annoying that she's not even a fan!! :sad:

I'll check out your vids later when I have time :thumb_yello: I'm sure you had a fab time!!

I know it's not fair... she was talking to him for ages and got a photo too..she didn't even know who he was until the day before when she saw my pics on facebook!

I took a load of videos last night.. was amazing.

Here they are.........

I'm Yours

Beautiful Mess

You and I Both/Sleeping To Dream

Make It Mine

Mr Curiosity :wub2:

Dynamo of Volition

Butterfly

Lucky

Love For A Child

Tonight, Not Again

I also have No Stopping Us to upload but the file size is too big so I'll have to shrink it down etc...

nice videos... :wub2:

thanks 4 sharing... what a lovely performance...

Argh my friend back home met him today randomly walking around Birmingham...she doesn't even like him! :thumbdown:

Good for her.. I bet he was friendly and down to earth... that's what I have heard about him..

omg....he must've felt sooo bad!!! lmao
I know haha.. Well she didn't seem too upset by it....would have been better if they started filming a bit earlier though :naughty:

I love the "omg what did I just do to this little girl" :shocked: look hahah

Edited by -Jennie-

ha

Omg...haha. :lmfao:

At the beginning he had the almost "mom, I dropped it but didn't break it" look on his face. :naughty: Who noticed the security guard behind them that touched the ceiling (to see if it was broken or something) and then patted the girl on her head. :roftl:

But he seems so sorry and nice about it. It seems like he'd be good with kids! :wink2:

When he doesn't smash their head into ceilings. :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by iadoremika

I've loved Jason Mraz for years. I think he's just brilliant, and very fun to sing along to in the car. :)

totally agree with you ... smooth music for long drives... in the office... in the gym :thumb_yello:

what a coincidence ... Jason Mraz just did a secret gig in Australia - same time as Mika :thumb_yello:

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=8075

am sooooo jealous :naughty:

here's the report

Jason Mraz and That Secret Show ... Kevin Was There

by Kevin Lai - April 16 2009

photo by Ros O'Gorman

Jason Mraz played a secret show in Sydney last night. At 12:30am, he was on stage at The Basement. Kevin Lai was there and tells Undercover all about it.

Earlier in the evening when Bushwalla welcomed the sold out Hordern Pavillion to “the circus”, few had any idea the show would really get underway five hours later in a small underground bar with no more than a hundred witnesses.

Far removed from the countless lights and camera flashes of the first of the evening’s two performances, fans were greeted at the Basement with a live video of Jason Mraz, Bushwalla and Toca Riviera setting up their own equipment on the floor below.

As fans huddled into the underground bar, like local performers feeling right at home, all three men floated about the audience signing autographs and saying hello to fans and friends alike. Without warning, or microphone, Mr. A-Z begins a freestyle rap which bounces between him and his old college roommate as the pair walked across table tops to make their way to the stage.

Returning to the old “coffee shop days” where the trio played smaller venues all along the Californian shoreline, far from the world’s largest stages, it was apparent they felt right at home in this setting not too dissimilar from where it all started.

Gone were the electronics, lighting effects and horn section that showed earlier in the night just how far they’ve come. Taking their place, acoustic guitars, African drums, a whole lot of raw ability and a childlike fascination for rhyming about the most ridiculous topics including the difficulty of “being a gangsta with a basket on your bike”.

Showing vintage form, one lucky female member of the audience was chosen as the focus of one unrehearsed melody. Unlucky for her, although undeniably unforgettable, the two wordsmiths told the tale of how they found her number on the venue’s men’s room wall and how she had already become a favourite booty call.

The highlight of the night, however, came when Bushwalla returned to the stage with a life jacket while Mraz and Riviera performed “Plane”.

Much to the audience’s surprise, the afro’ed musician pull the rip cord immediately inflating the floating device. As the song carried on, Bushwalla showed a very believable fear of choking – all the while refusing to stop rhyming about how this “was not planned when we rehearsed out the back”.

The night ended with the get up and dance tune, "Fall Through Glass". With Mraz traversing through the crowd with tambourine in hand, it did just that, starting what felt like a surreal Hollywood movie flash dance from the seated audience.

By show’s end, all three men had made the Basement their house. So much of each individual was put into every song, action and stumble, all for the sake of entertaining themselves as well as the late night crowd.

Upon leaving the venue, as the showmen talked amongst the crowd, there was a sense that the party would still continue and that I may be missing the out on the best parts yet to come.

The time now, however, was 2AM and although mentally enthralled by the entire life experience, physical fatigue could no longer be ignored. Mraz, Bushwalla and Riviera though had hit a high and seemed as if they could have carried on all night long.

thanks... really nice...

I wish he would perform songs other than "am yours"

Hmm...yeah. But I suppose it's a song that MANY people associate with him. Sort of like how when Mika performs on certain shows, he does "Grace Kelly", because that's what he's most well known for.

Hmm...yeah. But I suppose it's a song that MANY people associate with him. Sort of like how when Mika performs on certain shows, he does "Grace Kelly", because that's what he's most well known for.

Yeah.. i agree with you.. but it's a pity... I mean, obviously I like the song, but it certainly does not define his talent... it's a happy song.. very catchy... but he has way better melodies and definitely better lyrics:naughty:

I like your comparison to "Grace Kelly" ... it is so true.. I wonder if Mika will ever be able to perform live without singing it

For you, cheshire cat (sorry, I don't know your real name :bleh::blush-anim-cl:), it's not I'm Yours. :lol3:

Love this performance! :wub2:

very nice... thanks... :thumb_yello:

Edited by cheshire cat

I search for his song Prettiest Friend for my ipod someone has it?

hope this helps...

you can download his music on http://www.archive.org/details/JasonMraz

try the search option... all the recordings are from his live performances... he must have performed it...

apparently he has approved having them online... but they are not in mp3 format for legal reasons (they are in FLAC audio format) :thumb_yello:

"We can keep chillin' like icecream.jpg filling"

...that has been stuck in my head the ENTIRE evening. :bleh::roftl:

Yeah.. i agree with you.. but it's a pity... I mean, obviously I like the song, but it certainly does not define his talent... it's a happy song.. very catchy... but he has way better melodies and definitely better lyrics.

I like your comparison to "Grace Kelly" ... it is so true.. I wonder if Mika will ever be able to perform live without singing it

very nice... thanks... :thumb_yello:

You raise some good points. :naughty:

Thank you! Hmm, that's a hard one. I don't know if I could give a definitive answer to that one. :roftl:

You're welcome! :punk:

• 2 weeks later...