I've looked and can't believe that there's no thread for Jason Mraz yet! :shocked:

I've loved him since I first heard him with The Remedy -- it's not the

same as it was with Mika, but still... there's something sweet about

his voice, and I love his laid-back, almost hippy approach to music...

and life in general, it seems.

His new album "We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things." is great on

so many levels, and the single, "I'm Yours," is so happy and uplifting

to me... reminds me a bit of Bobby McFarrin's old "Don't Worry, Be Happy"

tune, but still... I listen to it over and over again.

If you go to Mraz's myspace, read his blogs -- they are often hysterical,

often moving -- he's very literate and reading his prose, well, he has the

soul of an artist, it's clear. I wish I could conjure images with words

the way he often does. :wub2:

Yesterday's blog made me laugh a lot though -- reminded me of when

Mika was doing all this touring, and made me wonder if his experience

was anything like the experiences Jason Mraz has charted here.

Take a look HERE.

-- it's a pretty funny comparison, I think.

So any other Jason Mraz fans out there? :original:

dcdeb

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard of him yesterday for the first time, when I was driving along and he was playing with his guitar live on the radio in Tokyo. He was really good, and his duet with Colby Caillat "Lucky" was really nice. (not live). Apparently he is coming to Fuji Rock, just him and his guitar.

As you say, he isn't Mika, but I am interested enough now to look deeper.:wink2:

I just heard of him yesterday for the first time, when I was driving along and he was playing with his guitar live on the radio in Tokyo. He was really good, and his duet with Colby Caillat "Lucky" was really nice. (not live). Apparently he is coming to Fuji Rock, just him and his guitar.

As you say, he isn't Mika, but I am interested enough now to look deeper.:wink2:

Lucky is a great duet -- he also duets with James Morrison on a song

from the new album. Very nice.

Here's one of my favorites of his -- kinda dumb video, but love the song and lyrics

:)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-jzq82XAajc

dcdeb

I've been listening to him for a week! Perez mentioned the new album more than a couple of times so I thought I'd give it a shot. I can't believe what I've been missing these last six years.

waw...I have listened him few days ago first time at our regional music TV...and I was suprised because of his surname...I didn´t know him before...

I am from Slovakia and MRAZ is typical surname for slovak people...and translation MRAZ to english is FROST...so he could be Jason Frost...:wink2:

I've been listening to him for a week! Perez mentioned the new album more than a couple of times so I thought I'd give it a shot. I can't believe what I've been missing these last six years.

Yes, I was so happy when Perez gave the new album a shout out :thumb_yello:

waw...I have listened him few days ago first time at our regional music TV...and I was suprised because of his surname...I didn´t know him before...

I am from Slovakia and MRAZ is typical surname for slovak people...and translation MRAZ to english is FROST...so he could be Jason Frost...:wink2:

That's an interesting thing to learn -- Frost, eh? Well, I think he's

pretty "cool" :naughty: Thanks for the insight!

dcdeb

Lucky is a great duet -- he also duets with James Morrison on a song

from the new album. Very nice.

Here's one of my favorites of his -- kinda dumb video, but love the song and lyrics

:)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-jzq82XAajc

dcdeb

For the first time ever, youtube has given me a message saying "This video is not available in your country" WTF?? How do they know what country I am in....my ISP is being tracked??

Man.:annoyed_h4h:

For the first time ever, youtube has given me a message saying "This video is not available in your country" WTF?? How do they know what country I am in....my ISP is being tracked??

Man.:annoyed_h4h:

Wow. How can that be? They don't WANT you to know about him?

How strange...

Maybe this one?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CTUfx2p69zY

dcdeb

• 4 weeks later...

I've properly fallen in love with new record. I heard it a while ago, but was distracted by other things that I didn't give it my full attention. I am in love with his voice on this record...and it is difficult to choose one favorite song.

I also think "Lucky" was written about me and my boyfriend. Gosh, the lyrics describe us so well...especially the chorus. :)

• 3 weeks later...

i just got back from American Pie pizza [they usually play some awsome music every time i go i put a pen in my purse and write on my hand all the good artists i hear! haha] so anyways.....i walked in and heard a song and fell in love with i was like "Who is this?!?!" and kept staring at the screen to find out it was Jason Mraz! but i didn't recognize the name so i wrote it down, was thinking then just realized ...i've heard it from MFC!! haha:naughty: