The "gig frustrated" thread

Emerald

You're in Pittsburgh? I'm from Pittsburgh originally :thumb_yello:

And I'm sure Mika will get to Pittsburgh eventually -- he's been to DC and

Philly already, not so far from you. Pittsburgh will be on the list down the

road. :)

I sure hope so... I don't exactly have the means just go wherever to see a Mika show

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
i am desperately wishing for a gig in my country...

the only thing Mika does in Austria is sleighriding.

He's coming to Belgium and I'm going to miss it, because I wasn't able to buy tickets on time. That's even more depressing, not able to go when he's so close :sad:

The dream has come true!! I'm going to the Milan gig! So I'm not so gig-frustrated anymore!! :D

I am SO pleased for you................and I will meet you too:wub2:

He's coming to Belgium and I'm going to miss it, because I wasn't able to buy tickets on time. That's even more depressing, not able to go when he's so close :sad:

Oh no that's awful! I really wasn't sure to be able to go to Milan, and it's so close from Switzerland, so it would have killed me. Didn't you find someone who has spare tickets?

Oh no that's awful! I really wasn't sure to be able to go to Milan, and it's so close from Switzerland, so it would have killed me. Didn't you find someone who has spare tickets?

No, not yet, so I think I will not find anybody with a spare ticket anymore

I think I'm going to avoid the forum from the 2nd of june untill 2 weeks after it or something, than I won't be too upset I think :blink:

Nice that this thread exists, the rest is so happy that they can go. I understand that, but I get jealous when I read that :blink:

No, not yet, so I think I will not find anybody with a spare ticket anymore

I think I'm going to avoid the forum from the 2nd of june untill 2 weeks after it or something, than I won't be too upset I think :blink:

Nice that this thread exists, the rest is so happy that they can go. I understand that, but I get jealous when I read that :blink:

The same for me. I can't help it. It's bad, I hate it. Being jealous I mean. But I really can't help it ^^. Well, nobody's perfect I guess:naughty:

The same for me. I can't help it. It's bad, I hate it. Being jealous I mean. But I really can't help it ^^. Well, nobody's perfect I guess:naughty:

It's human, I think everybody would have that :mf_rosetinted:

:dunno: I have missed so many mika concerts, it's almost cruel!! The only thing I want in the whole world is to go to a mika concert and I can't and I feel like everyone else in the whole world is just like

"la,la,la, la, hmmmmm, i think i'll go to a mika concert tonight!!' :drive: and then they just magically appear there!!

:tears: I just want to go to one, just one, and then I'll at least be able to die happy! When he's on the road i always debate going on mfc cuz I know all I'm going to hear is about how wonderful the gig was and how excited they are for the next one, and it just makes me sooooo mad and sad and lonely! :tears:

ok, I feel better now, this is definetly a good thread!!

:wink2: sorry for venting!

:dunno: I I feel like everyone else in the whole world is just like

"la,la,la, la, hmmmmm, i think i'll go to a mika concert tonight!!' :drive: and then they just magically appear there!!

:wink2: sorry for venting!

I feel the same way! I can't just fly halfway around the world whenever for a concert! even if it is the amazing Mika!

Well I long since accepted I can not be there at any of these gigs, and I am used to the disappointment of it all.:mf_rosetinted: I am more disappointed by the fact I cannot get to meet all my MFC friends, who are going to London, Paris, Milan etc....

So what I do is come here and keep myself busy in the pre-gig chatter threads, which I find usually get quite exciting...which MFCers are in the line...oh wow they got donuts from mika...sound checks...the rush going in....I love all that anticipation!

And then while the gig is on, when people get texts or calls and post about them here, it is almost as good as being there...we usually know what song he is up to, whether he did a new song, who the band was....

Then the afterwards...did anyone stay back to try to meet him, how was it....the reports/photos/vids....

So these days I look forward to the hours of enjoyment I get here on MFC when gigs happen on the other side of the world!! I just put all the disappointment and jealousy behind me and get into the online virtual gig fun. And the time difference means it might be my daytime after the show is over, and everyone has gone home to bed, but I can find the photos and videos on youtube, and bring them all over here for people to enjoy.

Yes, I am probably as addicted to doing this, just as much as some people are addicted to jumping on planes at the drop of a hat...how decadent!!

So instead of staying OFF here from June 1st for 2 weeks, and being disappointed, come and join our online virtual gigs, we will be here every day, scouring the net for all kinds of fun stuff to post here....usually on the gig thread, the pre-gig chatter thread or the gig report thread, depending on the time you get here.... you might even enjoy yourselves!!:biggrin2::wub2:

Edited by Blue Sky

He said he was coming to Ireland but there's no Irish date :(

I'm not frustrated but I am very sad :(

well were in the same boat then :sneaky2: this europe tour is a total farce ..... there should have been 4 gigs in the uk ....england (london which is already set) scotland , ireland & wales !

Well I long since accepted I can not be there at any of these gigs, and I am used to the disappointment of it all.:mf_rosetinted: I am more disappointed by the fact I cannot get to meet all my MFC friends, who are going to London, Paris, Milan etc....

So what I do is come here and keep myself busy in the pre-gig chatter threads, which I find usually get quite exciting...which MFCers are in the line...oh wow they got donuts from mika...sound checks...the rush going in....I love all that anticipation!

And then while the gig is on, when people get texts or calls and post about them here, it is almost as good as being there...we usually know what song he is up to, whether he did a new song, who the band was....

Then the afterwards...did anyone stay back to try to meet him, how was it....the reports/photos/vids....

So these days I look forward to the hours of enjoyment I get here on MFC when gigs happen on the other side of the world!! I just put all the disappointment and jealousy behind me and get into the online virtual gig fun. And the time difference means it might be my daytime after the show is over, and everyone has gone home to bed, but I can find the photos and videos on youtube, and bring them all over here for people to enjoy.

Yes, I am probably as addicted to doing this, just as much as some people are addicted to jumping on planes at the drop of a hat...how decadent!!

So instead of staying OFF here from June 1st for 2 weeks, and being disappointed, come and join our online virtual gigs, we will be here every day, scouring the net for all kinds of fun stuff to post here....usually on the gig thread, the pre-gig chatter thread or the gig report thread, depending on the time you get here.... you might even enjoy yourselves!!:biggrin2::wub2:

:wub2:

You are really a positive person and I love that!

And....I love to read your early findings about Mika, there has been a few over the years!:wink2:

Reading this made me decide to not complain that he has pobably forgot my little country this summer!:naughty:

:mad: Hmmph..

I've been away a while from the site....

Tiny bit jealous...never been to a Mika concert....Well might I be bit scared of the screaming people too but I'll get by. :biggrin2:

"Watches pigs fly by for Australian tour". :biggrin2:

Ooooooh.. I like your siggie! :das:

We're actually getting a petition for Mika to tour our fair country... would you like to sign?

If you click on the Asia-Pacific petition link, it will take you to the thread!

Oh, and welcome back!

I feel like everyone else in the whole world is just like

:fisch:

And I wish I could too...

And as one of the whinging Aussies, we know what it's like to miss out... yes we've had one concert, but he actually said he was doing the promo concert so he could do Australia properly... *looks at watch* still waiting 2 years later I might add...

The only advice I can give is to try your hardest to not get irritated at people who are going... apparently it's not nice ot yell at people! :naughty:

I think I'm a bit disappointed about it too... but I've gotten over it pretty damn quickly. There's no way I could afford to fly over, and even if I could, I would be staying on a park bench!

You know what? I've been spending a lot of time in the Sadlers Wells thread, and I'm getting a bit excited for it! Mostly cause I'm hoping to get the petition book there, but anyways...

well not frustrated at all (like some of u).... maybe coz i hvn't been to any of his gigs before so juz no sweet memories left telling me how amazing a mika concert is n how i supposedly should go to these upcoming ones:wink2:

anyway, let's support each other when june comes:camping: n the new EP is good enough to cover all these frustrations isn't it????:thumb_yello:

Edited by huikings