2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS of MIKA @ Parc des Princes, Paris

marthastewart

I am uploading my videos as we speak, though they are not great quality (mainly due to being so far from the main stage and having no view of it :naughty:) but hey, something is better than nothing I guess

short clip of crowd:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=37781923

Intro and Relax:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=37782218

I will update as I go on.....

He did do Holy Johnny (I recorded it) but not HMDYLM. I wonder why. I love that song!!

A few more:

Big Girl bit number1 (I kept bumping my camera onto Rose and it kept opening and stopping the filming, LMAO):

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=37783582

Big Girl bit number2:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=37784450

Big Girl bit number3:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=37785619

My Interpretation:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=37786738

Billy Brown:

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the link has some error..but I think you mean Elton John's one?

the rocket man is TinTin! :kaf:

2937p0w.jpg

or an homage to one of Ray Bradbury's novels

"The Rocket Man" — An astronaut's job keeps him away from home for long stretches of time, so he has little time with his wife and son, only visiting them for a period of three days at a time. The story is told from the perspective of the son, who holds an interest in becoming an astronaut too. However, his father explains to him that while the stars are beautiful, what he really wants is being with his family. Sensing that his wife is unhappy with him being at home so little, the father makes a promise to the son that he will be quitting his job after his next mission to spend more time with them. At the end of the story, the son and his mother learn that his ship fell into the sun, and from then on, they do not venture outside during the day in remembrance of him.

Yes! I don't know much about Tin Tin because I'm American, but the Elton john thing was similar.

This is from Wikipedia, if you google "Rocket Man Story." There's lots of links on the Wiki page.

"Rocket Man (I Think It's Going to Be a Long, Long Time)" is a song composed by Elton John and Bernie Taupin, and popularized by John. It is loosely based on the short story "The Rocket Man" in Ray Bradbury's book The Illustrated Man, and echoes the theme of David Bowie's 1969 song "Space Oddity". The song first appeared on John's 1972 album Honky Château and became a hit single, rising to #2 in the UK and #6 in the U.S. Taupin noted, "It became very popular among the listeners."

The lyrics in the song, written by John's longtime collaborator Bernie Taupin, describe a Mars-bound astronaut's mixed feelings at leaving his family in order to do his job. Musically, the song is a highly arranged pop ballad anchored by John's piano, with atmospheric texture added by synthesizer and processed slide guitar.

"Rocket Man" was ranked #242 in the 2004 List of Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.

Another song called "Rocket Man" (and also based on Bradbury's short story) was released by the musical group Pearls Before Swine on their 1970 album The Use of Ashes. In an interview in Billboard magazine, Taupin acknowledged that the song, written by Tom Rapp, had been a direct inspiration for his own lyrics.

New Pics !

IMG_4876.jpg

I like that pic! :bleh: It makes me think about his face when he saw that vest last night.

Mika: "Oh! You've got the vest. My mum asked where it was. It's expensive. Enjoy it"! And he signed his own vest. :bleh::naughty:

Lucky fan! This fan told me that everybody touched this vest (that he wore yesterday) and some people smelt it. Fortunatly, Mika didn't throw his pants. :roftl:

I like that pic! :bleh: It makes me think about his face when he saw that vest last night.

Mika: "Oh! You've got the vest. My mum asked where it was. It's expensive. Enjoy it"! And he signed his own vest. :bleh::naughty:

Lucky fan! This fan told me that everybody touched this vest (that he wore yesterday) and some people smelt it. Fortunatly, Mika didn't throw his pants. :roftl:

Pamette ! :shocked:

Btw, who got the braces? Anyone we know?

Thanks ! I'm proud of the lollipop ones (have I already told you that ? :naughty:)

Errrrrrrrrrr... I kinda had forgotten about the review :doh: although I'm wondering if people want to know all the details I remember of...:naughty:

They're great! And yes, yes they do! Of course! I loved them :blush-anim-cl:

New Pics !

IMG_4869.jpg

They're great! Again!

Am I the only one though who thinks that the new Matthew W clothes for Paris are quite ugly?

Yeah, for all the effort (and money) put into them ... I dunno. I like them, I dislike the pattern on the jacket. I LOVE the robot shirt though.

But yeah, I like it simple better. Show me tshirt and jeans (without holes:naughty:) anyday.

Big Girl bit number1 (I kept bumping my camera onto Rose and it kept opening and stopping the filming, LMAO):

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=37783582

Big Girl bit number2:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=37784450

Big Girl bit number3:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=37785619

My Interpretation:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=37786738

Your videos are really clear :wub2:

logging in from the airport just to say this show`was bloody fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was amazing and emotional for me as i finally got a chance to talk to the lovely cherrise and Martin and say hi to Mika and give him a small gift.

I am on cloud 9, i never had so much fun in a gig before, this was crazy, big and over the top.

Sadly i was sitting far from the stage so i only got pictures of the stage and mika through the screen. but did manage to take pictures when he came for a signing session. i will post them tomorrow when i'll be back home.

It was great to meet mfc'er some i am meeting again and some for the first time. It was trully a great evening at all costs.

Will write more tomorrow, right now i gotta go eat!

Bye for now :huglove:

Awwww! That is so cute! Am I the only one imagining Mika being scolded by his mother for throwing it into the crowd? :roftl:

logging in from the airport just to say this show`was bloody fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was amazing and emotional for me as i finally got a chance to talk to the lovely cherrise and Martin and say hi to Mika and give him a small gift.

I am on cloud 9, i never had so much fun in a gig before, this was crazy, big and over the top.

Sadly i was sitting far from the stage so i only got pictures of the stage and mika through the screen. but did manage to take pictures when he came for a signing session. i will post them tomorrow when i'll be back home.

It was great to meet mfc'er some i am meeting again and some for the first time. It was trully a great evening at all costs.

:biggrin2::woot_jump:

Pamette ! :shocked:

Btw, who got the braces? Anyone we know?

I just come back at home. I didn't read the reports yet. I didn't know he threw the braces. He throws everything (but the pants :mf_rosetinted::naughty:).

Mummy: :sneaky2:

:naughty:

Awwww! That is so cute! Am I the only one imagining Mika being scolded by his mother for throwing it into the crowd?

It's easy to imagine when you look at his face when he says mummy was not very happy. :naughty:

You know what? I think I like this song. :naughty:

Playing it on a loop now - rehearsing for Tuesday. :wink2:

Can someone please lighten me up about the 'Just can't get enough' thing? Is it the song I know from Depeche Mode? Or am I totally wrong? I haven't read anything, I have been too busy over the last few days...

Lucky fan! This fan told me that everybody touched this vest (that he wore yesterday) and some people smelt it. Fortunatly, Mika didn't throw his pants.

:lmao::lmao:

can't wait..

:dance_man:

Can someone please lighten me up about the 'Just can't get enough' thing? Is it the song I know from Depeche Mode? Or am I totally wrong? I haven't read anything, I have been too busy over the last few days...

yup, depeche mode cover:thumb_yello:

Yes it a cover of the Depeche Mode hit!!! :thumb_yello:

I just come back at home. I didn't read the reports yet. I didn't know he threw the braces. He throws everything (but the pants).

Mummy: :sneaky2:

It's easy to imagine when you look at his face when he says mummy was not very happy.

:roftl:

Has anyone got a picture or video of this face? :naughty:

You know what? I think I like this song.

Playing it on a loop now - rehearsing for Tuesday.

:naughty: and :shocked: watch Bienie's video from Werchter:

What are you asking for?! Tskk!!

"In doubt, post"

That is the motto here::

I'll be aware of that in the future then :naughty:

I like that pic! It makes me think about his face when he saw that vest last night.

Mika: "Oh! You've got the vest. My mum asked where it was. It's expensive. Enjoy it"! And he signed his own vest.

Lucky fan! This fan told me that everybody touched this vest (that he wore yesterday) and some people smelt it. Fortunatly, Mika didn't throw his pants.

I was wondering who got it. People actually smelt it ? :lmao:

Fortunately or unfortunately ? :das: But he did throw his belt :naughty:

They're great! And yes, yes they do! Of course! I loved them

They're great! Again!

Thx again ! :blush-anim-cl:

It's easy to imagine when you look at his face when he says mummy was not very happy. :

I would have loved to see his reaction :lmfao:

Hello Blue - sorry I m issed you!

Yes, it is the DM song.

Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday :thumb_yello:

Oh that's very very cool! I love that song!

The video is playing in the left top corner of my screen now while I'm typing this in the right bottom corner. :naughty:

Who is th woman in the blue dress btw? I seem to have missed a lot... (although I know who the new keyboard player is)

And is there an MP3? :blush-anim-cl:

Can someone please lighten me up about the 'Just can't get enough' thing? Is it the song I know from Depeche Mode?

Yep! :thumb_yello:

I was wondering who got it. People actually smelt it ? :lmao:

Fortunately or unfortunately ? :das: But he did throw his belt :naughty:

That's what he told me. :bleh: Crazy people! I'm happy for William (the fan). He was so happy. Lucky guy. :thumb_yello:

I don't know who's got the braces.