Noticeable places you hear Mika

Jennifer_Noble

• 1 month later...

I've been hearing Mika everywhere... I heard the Coke Studio version of Relax in a wedding I went last week, I freaked out, I asked the DJ the play it more loudly...

Plus, at the shopping center I heard Relax as well. Went to a coffee place: heard it again. Went to the doctor: heard Relax again. These last two weeks I've been hearing Relax relax relax all over the place woa!

These were both awhile ago but they started playing Grace Kelly (if I remember correctly) in Starbucks.. then an employee changed the song and the friend I was with and I got so angry!

I also heard Lollipop at Dylan's Candy Bar, that was a few months ago now but that just made so happy!

TODAY while buying this little fella . . .

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/asmyca-raccoon-ornament/3492797?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=6564&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-3_20_C

. . . at a NORDSTROM home/christmas shop >

M I K A singing 'GRACE KELLY' --

The 1ST Music Video I heard him singing in.

It never gets old.

Always a kick to hear MIKA MUSIC while out and about!

Edited by A. Clay

• 1 month later...
i heard "Celebrate" at HomeDepot yesterday... it started 10 seconds after i walked in. I bet HomeDepot wanted to greet me properly :naughty:

I can't remember the last time i head "Celebrate" on the air!

Last time I heard it was when I requested it on CKOI shortly after it was out...

BTW, I did a little test last weekend: when I saw their usual ckoitatoune tweet, I request Mika, without mentionning any songs...

+: they took my request

-: they played Elle me dit... Seems it's the only Mika song they heard og:shocked:

i heard "Celebrate" at HomeDepot yesterday... it started 10 seconds after i walked in. I bet HomeDepot wanted to greet me properly :naughty:

I can't remember the last time i head "Celebrate" on the air!

My friend's mom works cooperate for Home Depot.. I'll tell her their music choices are spot on. :mikacool:

I heard We are golden in Make it or break it series... I just sort of freaked out amd startrd to sing along. And I had my headphones on, so my mum just looked at me and asked if everything is ok... haha :D

This isn't me hearing Mika in a public place, but it is sort of related. I had to take my car to the shop for some repairs, and had TBWKTM in the cd player. When turned the car over to them, Pick Up Off The Floor was playing. Usually when I bring the car in, I get it back with the stereo turned off, but this time, I got back in, the stereo was playing full volume and track three was on,so whoever was test driving the car to see if it was ok was listening to it,and heard some great songs. I hope they liked it!

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard Celebrate on the Today Show! They were coming back from commercials to report on the Golden Globe awards. My daughter and I just looked at each other and grinned. Something exciting for sleepy Monday morning.

Just heard Celebrate on the Today Show! They were coming back from commercials to report on the Golden Globe awards. My daughter and I just looked at each other and grinned. Something exciting for sleepy Monday morning.

My sister told me she's heard bits of Mika songs (Celebrate & Popular Song for sure) on the weekend edition of The Today Show. Guess somebody there is a fan :thumb_yello:

A couple days ago my step-dad sent me this email "I was in the locker room at the gym when i heard this very familiar song called "Celebrate" by some guy named Mika! If i would of been out in the gym i would of been able to see the video! What a pleasent surprise! I am sure that it was 'that Lebanese/Syrian sensation!' "

:teehee: i've trained him well, eh?

If he made this up just to get me to go join a gym too it ain't gonna work :sneaky2:

A 'Classic Rock' Satellite Radio Station in the office just played Loverboy!

I about peed myself...so unexpected...:jawdrop:

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? :shocked: Loverboy's not even a regular album track let alone a single..... or classic rock!

A couple days ago my step-dad sent me this email "I was in the locker room at the gym when i heard this very familiar song called "Celebrate" by some guy named Mika! If i would of been out in the gym i would of been able to see the video! What a pleasent surprise! I am sure that it was 'that Lebanese/Syrian sensation!' "

:teehee: i've trained him well, eh?

If he made this up just to get me to go join a gym too it ain't gonna work :sneaky2:

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? :shocked: Loverboy's not even a regular album track let alone a single..... or classic rock!

...and that is exactly why I was so shocked!

The most horrifying part is that I SCREAMED "TURN IT UP" as if I was a school girl... Like they don't tease me enough in the office...

Grandpa's are cool...

OK, this doesn't count as HEARING a Mika song, but this is the best place I can find to put this-I started reading a young adult book (my concentration in Library Science was in YA literature, and I still read tons of YA books)called Beautiful Music for Ugly Children, and on the very first page, the main character is dj-ing at a small radio station, and the first words she speaks are, "And that's Mika, with Grace Kelly. " Coool! It's a good book so far.

Edited by ceebs

OK, this doesn't count as HEARING a Mika song, but this is the best place I can find to put this-I started reading a young adult book (my concentration in Library Science was in YA literature, and I still read tons of YA books)called Beautiful Music for Ugly Children, and on the very first page, the main character is dj-ing at a small radio station, and the first words she speaks are, "And that's Mika, with Grace Kelly. " Coool! It's a good book so far.

That's pretty nifty !