things mika says/does- what annoys you?

racinghorse83

*can practically see all of your ears perk up at the thought of a previously unknown Mika remark*

She was kidding, guys.:naughty:

Personally, I don't mind his swearing. I don't think he sounds fake when he does it, and he certainly wouldn't do it to be cool. This is one of those small, pointless idiosyncrasies that you as a fan can choose to adore, ignore, or angrily focus on until your brain hurts.

Frankly, I choose to ignore, but then again, as I said, I don't find swearing offensive, and won't be so presumptuous as to tell someone that does to just "get over it". I can, however, tell you that to me, swear words are just words, and whether you're offended by them or not is all up to you. Words like "chick, dike, fag, bitch," etc., aren't offensive on their own. It's the meaning each individual chooses to interpret them with that makes them offensive.

Finally, (not to repeat what you all obviously already know, but just making a point) Mika's not perfect. Nobody is. Yes, he's going to say things and do things and wear things that you don't like. Love him anyways? Good. Because that's what it is to be a true fan: seeing past that glossy, airbrushed image of the "celebrity" to the real, living, beautiful but flawed person beneath and still wanting to listen to his music, go to his gigs, and share this crazy, foul-mouthed, amazing man with the rest of the world.

Well put!

Lots of good points there!:thumb_yello:

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it when he swears:mf_rosetinted:

Yeah...me too :drool:

He can swear at me anyday!!!:bleh:

Haha,right :naughty::thumb_yello:

Anyway,back to topic - I absolutely LOVE everything Mika does and says,but one thing a little bit annoys me - when he says "uh uh" or something like that at the end of the song and then the crowd has to scream "uh uh" too...I dunno,it's not very charming to me :naughty::boxed:

i just don't understand how people can find swearing attractive, sorry. It just gets my goat.

one thing i'm glad for is he doesn't go around saying "hell." people forget what that word means.

but anyway, it 's great to get some opions on this, and no-one can please everyone!!

i just don't understand how people can find swearing attractive, sorry. It just gets my goat.

one thing i'm glad for is he doesn't go around saying "hell." people forget what that word means.

but anyway, it 's great to get some opions on this, and no-one can please everyone!!

As far as the swearing goes, he's just like any guy his age. Most guys of that age, and younger I've encountered through work, incorperate the F word into their day to day conversation (trust me Mika doesn't only do it on stage or for interviews), it's the way things are. Not everyone likes it but that's the way life is.

I don't mind swearing normally- it's just part of life, or was, until we came under the influence of the US- but I think Mika sounds really fake, like someone told him cool people say f*ck all the time. And he says Blo*dy- I haven't heard that in centuries! Same when he talks about drinking.

I've been hearing bloody all my life - maybe it's a regional or an age thing. But it doesn't sound fake to me. And maybe I'm just used to the kind of North American/British mash-up that Mika has going on with his English so it seems more natural to my ears.

Because it's a natural thing for a 24 year old boy to do. He would come across fake to me (or extremely uptight) if he never swore under any circumstances. He already supresses it quite a bit and I think his normal language consists of more than an occasional f-word here and there.

I laugh when I hear mika swear on the dvd but I would cover my mouth laugh abit and say hey mika if he swore in front me I get abit embarressed when people swear not really used to it I do sometimes swear if I fall over or annoyed but it not often mika doesnt seem to swear at people only while he talking about something so that ok if he swore at me though I might burst out crying as I very sensitive but he sweet person so I dont think he would swear at someone unless theyre being mean to him Catherine

I dont like when he smiles and nods his head. I dunno, it just annoys me. Like he is mocking what he is looking at. I dunno. :blush-anim-cl:

:lmfao:

I think I know what you mean, but I don't mind :lol3: