things mika says/does- what annoys you?

racinghorse83

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit I don't like Mika saying the f-word, but I'm from a generation that didn't say it all that much. But it's kind-of like, it's what Mika says and he doesn't mean anything by it. He doesn't say it to cause offence, it's just a part of his vocabulary. But I don't like hearing him saying it on stage, because there could be someonein the audiance who might take offence.

One other thing does annoy me now though (and I'm only saying this for his own good, like his mother would) I really wish Mika could get beyond the "I was bullied at school by teachers and children, and I've been unlucky in love so I got my own back by sticking posters of myself everywhere" mentallity. He should move beyond that now, he's had the last laugh and is far more successful, and far more desired, than anyone he knew in the past.

I'm not saying that as someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. I was bullied at school because I was on tranquilisers and couldn't play like the other kids. But if I had never put it behind me I wouldn't be the person I am today. As for being unlucky in love. I was, until I met Alan, and I have always appreciated Alan more, because it took a while to find him.

So Mika needs to think of the positives in his life, and to remember that all of the difficulties he's faced have helped to make him the person he is today. If he could only forgive the people in the past who hurt him, and leave the past in the past, he would be much happier imho.

I think leaving the past in the past takes more effort for some people than others. I think Mika must have been extremely traumatized, and it makes it that much harder to let go.

There are not too many 26 year olds walking round still discussing their teenage years. There are plenty still behaving like they are still IN their teenage years...but not looking at it from outside like Mika does.

But I wonder if the constant promotion/interviewing means he found it easier to have a "story", and because he has to repeat it over and over, and only because we are such mega-fans - we all get a bit tired of hearing it.:blink:

I notice with album two, the phrases and words he is using in the interviews are much more fixed, more limited. His stories aren't embellished as much...and I miss those snippets of craziness we used to get, they are not as frequent these days.:teehee:

I must admit I don't like Mika saying the f-word, but I'm from a generation that didn't say it all that much. But it's kind-of like, it's what Mika says and he doesn't mean anything by it. He doesn't say it to cause offence, it's just a part of his vocabulary. But I don't like hearing him saying it on stage, because there could be someonein the audiance who might take offence.

One other thing does annoy me now though (and I'm only saying this for his own good, like his mother would) I really wish Mika could get beyond the "I was bullied at school by teachers and children, and I've been unlucky in love so I got my own back by sticking posters of myself everywhere" mentallity. He should move beyond that now, he's had the last laugh and is far more successful, and far more desired, than anyone he knew in the past.

I'm not saying that as someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. I was bullied at school because I was on tranquilisers and couldn't play like the other kids. But if I had never put it behind me I wouldn't be the person I am today. As for being unlucky in love. I was, until I met Alan, and I have always appreciated Alan more, because it took a while to find him.

So Mika needs to think of the positives in his life, and to remember that all of the difficulties he's faced have helped to make him the person he is today. If he could only forgive the people in the past who hurt him, and leave the past in the past, he would be much happier imho.

YEP, MIKA could let up on

the "fu*kity, f*ck, fu*k, f*ck"

and also on

playing the victim,

maybe?

Edited by A. Clay

I think leaving the past in the past takes more effort for some people than others. I think Mika must have been extremely traumatized, and it makes it that much harder to let go.

There are not too many 26 year olds walking round still discussing their teenage years. There are plenty still behaving like they are still IN their teenage years...but not looking at it from outside like Mika does.

But I wonder if the constant promotion/interviewing means he found it easier to have a "story", and because he has to repeat it over and over, and only because we are such mega-fans - we all get a bit tired of hearing it.:blink:

I notice with album two, the phrases and words he is using in the interviews are much more fixed, more limited. His stories aren't embellished as much...and I miss those snippets of craziness we used to get, they are not as frequent these days.:teehee:

Yes of course it is!:teehee:

Wouldn't we just love if he came up with new exciting things to say for each and every interview, but he only human, he has one life just the rest of us!:roftl:

And on the subject of what annoys me is the fact that he forgot to put the song HMDYLM on his new album!

Still haven't forgiven him for that!:sneaky2:

I totally agree with you on that and I don't think he plays the victim at all. I just think he needs to tell about it, because he believes that it is what built him. And I think it's true.

it annoys me when he says he's ugly or that he has strange face...bcs i think its crap...i mean does he have eyes?he has a wonderful face...

I don't mind that that much :blush-anim-cl: of course he's beautiful and all...but imagine if he was saying that :boxed: I find modesty and a little bit of insecurity very appealing. Not just in him, but in general.

But I wonder if the constant promotion/interviewing means he found it easier to have a "story", and because he has to repeat it over and over, and only because we are such mega-fans - we all get a bit tired of hearing it.

I notice with album two, the phrases and words he is using in the interviews are much more fixed, more limited. His stories aren't embellished as much...and I miss those snippets of craziness we used to get, they are not as frequent these days.

Oh I agree very much! My first reaction to WAG was something like that...like do you know how long it's been since your teenage years!?:blink::boxed: But then very quickly song and him in his underwear and his teenage circus got under my skin...:blush-anim-cl:...once again :blush-anim-cl:

And whenever I hear story LICM-childhood, TBWKTM-teen age I think 3rd must be about young adults! YAY! :naughty:

...think it's because we read and watch more-less every interview he gave anywhere in the world :shocked: and he is mostly asked the same questions...it would be worrying if he starts to answer them differently :roftl: kidding, I get your point, it's probably both, easier for him and because we are voluntarily&gladly overdosed by him :wub2:

And on the subject of what annoys me is the fact that he forgot to put the song HMDYLM on his new album!

Still haven't forgiven him for that!

me neither!:sneaky2: I also really really wanted recorded, studio version of the song! :sad:

I don't mind that that much :blush-anim-cl: of course he's beautiful and all...but imagine if he was saying that :boxed: I find modesty and a little bit of insecurity very appealing. Not just in him, but in general.

that's true!:wub2:

but i'd prefer if he just said ''its not my call to say that'' or maybe ''dunno,maybe'' or sth like that...i just dont like when he reduces his beauty ,dunno :teehee:

I'm sure he doesn't find himself actually very beautiful!!! (he probably compares himself to ... Hmm dunno) because he's more charming. But he can be gorgeous of course :mf_lustslow:

We all know Mika's self confidence is not so ... developped:naughty:

I'm sure he doesn't find himself actually very beautiful!!! (he probably compares himself to ... Hmm dunno) because he's more charming. But he can be gorgeous of course :mf_lustslow:

We all know Mika's self confidence is not so ... developped:naughty:

:roftl::roftl: :thumb_yello:

i don't mind his swearing, although, well, i've been swearing a lot when i was younger, then almost not at all anymore for several years, and now started again because mika does it! :doh: not on purpose, but y'know, if you hear/read it a lot (as i do because i try to listen to/watch/read all his interviews), you automatically start using it yourself. so mika has a bad influence on me. :naughty: but whatever, i don't mind, i don't have much to do with children where it would matter and so who cares, lol. :bleh:

about the bullying, i think it's good that he talks about it all the time. more people should, actually! the fact that bullying is happening everywhere and is really bad can't be in the media often enough imo! i wish it had been when i was a teenager, but back then there was no star who said in the media that they got bullied at school, it would've helped me to know that i was not the only one. :sad:

i agree though that if you read as many interviews as we do, you might get a bit much of all the whining - "i was bullied" "i had no friends" "i was a loner" "i'm not good-looking" "i'm a bad dancer" etc. for each of those little flaws that show that he's not perfect, he gets people who sympathise with him and like him even more for it, so no wonder to me that he keeps repeating them. :bleh: if i just read one interview with him and not dozens like i do, i wouldn't mind at all that he says those things. :wink2:

me neither!:sneaky2: I also really really wanted recorded, studio version of the song! :sad:

Imagine a studio verson!:mf_lustslow::wub2:

Does it ever happens that an artist does a single which is not on the album?

I mean....is there any hope...at all?:blink:

I totally agree with you on that and I don't think he plays the victim at all. I just think he needs to tell about it, because he believes that it is what built him. And I think it's true.

It is true that what happens in a person's past, shapes the person you become. I don't think Mika would be this complicated and unusual artist, if his childhood had been "normal".

But one thing I have learned is that whatever happens, we should try to forgive. Forgiveness isn't really about letting an enemy get away with treating you like garbage, it's really about us letting go of the baggage of the past, and looking to the future. Realising that we have been shaped by our experiences, and in a sense, being grateful for the person we've eventually become

It isn't about Mika playing the victim by talking so much about the bad parts of his childhood, it's more about the fact that if he could let it go and forgive, he would feel so much better about things.

But that is only my opinion.

about the bullying, i think it's good that he talks about it all the time. more people should, actually! the fact that bullying is happening everywhere and is really bad can't be in the media often enough imo! i wish it had been when i was a teenager, but back then there was no star who said in the media that they got bullied at school, it would've helped me to know that i was not the only one. :sad:

You're right about that. I was more fortunate during my school days so that story didn't struck me that way. And I've always thought it's easier and not that frequent for girls when it comes to the bullying...guess I was wrong :blink:

Imagine a studio verson!:mf_lustslow::wub2:

Does it ever happens that an artist does a single which is not on the album?

I mean....is there any hope...at all?:blink:

:naughty: I don't know! But Sienna, hope dies last! :naughty:

Actually, on the second thought I think that does happen, but with new songs, between albums. But I'm really not sure. :blink: I think only hope for that song could be B side of some single. If that. :sad:

• 3 weeks later...