Reflections on Mika's Birthday/Post-Party Comments

superstar

Hmmmm... I've wished him Happy Birthday in the thread and tweeted him, but it hadn't occurred to me to do anything specific to celebrate his birthday.

I mean, I've eaten some chocolate today but that's fairly usual:naughty: And I've watched the WAG vid and listened to all the radio interviews from last week again, but that also isn't unusual.

I might have to look into getting a cake I think. Any excuse for cake:biggrin2:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, did you know that on twitter you can request that

Island Records play Mika's 'We Are Golden' video

in honor of his birthday?

Twitter update from ISLAND RECORDS:

RT@IslandRecords

What do you want for Video of the day tomorrow?

RT and @reply your requests!

Hey, did you know that on twitter you can request that

Island Records play Mika's 'We Are Golden' video

in honor of his birthday?

Twitter update from ISLAND RECORDS:

RT@IslandRecords

What do you want for Video of the day tomorrow?

RT and @reply your requests!

awesome! will do! thanks alice!

um, in honour of mikas birthday i got yelled at in PE for having the notes to lonely alcoholic scribbled all over my arm in permenant marker.

i told everyone it was mikas birthday at school (noone cared)

me and three of my friends started singhing happy birthday mika in the middle of english..

i grafittied the MIKA logo onto a desk in science

i wore my mika shirt to school and got sent to detention for not being in uniform (but i'm friends with my dean so i didnt get in trouble.)

me and my friends walked around at interval singing Mika songs (they did it to humor me, theyre not mika fans, they tolerate him but we did it because we're all insane.)

And I woke up at 5am to make him a cake. Now i'm home from school, I've got evverything Mika on my ipod repeating on full volume.

I'm going to go ice his cake. :biggrin2:

um, in honour of mikas birthday i got yelled at in PE for having the notes to lonely alcoholic scribbled all over my arm in permenant marker.

me and three of my friends started singhing happy birthday mika in the middle of english..

i wore my mika shirt to school and got sent to detention for not being in uniform (but i'm friends with my dean so i didnt get in trouble.)

me and my friends walked around at interval singing Mika songs (they did it to humor me, theyre not mika fans, they tolerate him but we did it because we're all insane.)

And I woke up at 5am to make him a cake. Now i'm home from school, I've got evverything Mika on my ipod repeating on full volume.

Now that is what I call celebrating!:thumb_yello::biggrin2:

Your friends must be really nice to put up with all the craziness, keep going and you will soon turn them in to Mika fans, who can resist his music anyway?:wub2:

I gave in and joined Twitter.

And I always check the birthday sections of newspapers and stuff, but they never mention him. Last year it was mainly Ed Norton and now this year it may be James Corden.

I'll have to try something, but I'm a bit of a shrinking violet in public, so I don't know.

WOW! You really celebrated didn't you? :naughty: What a brilliant day! :thumb_yello:

I'm going to play some Mika today (for a change :naughty:) and have a glass of wine later and wish him a happy birthday.

I got myself a "mad hatter" from Alice in Wonderland poster! :naughty:

I Slept till noon, I dreamt that I won the video competition (though that doesn't really count, eh? :lmfao: ) I played some of his songs on the piano, and will go to the local Lebanese restaurant for dinner (it'll be for the first time :wub2: ).

:biggrin2:

:lmfao: That's my favorite one! Being a rebel in the name of Mika! I love it!

Sounds like you had a great celebration! Wonderful!

I sang happy birthday mika in three languages in the middle of the night ( when it was just august the 18th )

and seeing as it's my friends birthday as well I had lots of cake haha.

and I told everybody that it was mikas birthday..

And congratulated him on twitter :biggrin2:

you guys are really insane!!!! :roftl:

mika would be proud of you!!!!!! :thumb_yello:

i'm spending his birthady in bed 'cause i had a sleepless night and today i'm not feeling very well.. nothing serious, apart from that every single part of my body hurts :naughty:, but it's annoying!! :aah:

now i'm gonna watch the pdp dvd!! :wink2:

To my daughter the girlfriend with the little boy has casually come. I have fed with their cake of Mika . It has turned out so as if I had visitors in honour of birthday of Mika. I looked video at all loudness, wrote congratulations for Sweet. But I am more active at night. Therefore the holiday proceeds.

My report from my small quiet bday party for Mika :aah:

I've been to the Lebanese restaurant and surprisingly noone was there...just me and my family...it was the very first time when I went to a Leb restaurant. I had humus, falafel, fatoush and sambousec.

It was awesome: I loved the falafel, the humus was good, but I clearly cannot eat to much of it...and the fatoush salad was really funny.

they kept playing this arabic music and I couldn't stop laughing thinking how would it be to start dancing just like that...no one was there anyway...:lol3:

That's it! :biggrin2:

Superstar and I went to get ice cream just now, and she was wearing the Mika shirt that we designed... The conversation went like this:

Kira: Do I get free Ice Cream if it's they guy on my shirt's birthday?

Server: We don't actually give out free ice cream, but if you can catch the ice cream in a bowl, I'll give you a discount!

Kira: Okay!

She actually caught it! So Mika helped us get discounted Ice Cream! It was delicious. And we're having the real party later today! I can't wait!

:boing:

OH MY GOD!

Just called the "Top 40" radio station here in town.

Here's how the conversation went:

Guy: Hey, KissFM.

Me: Hey, will y'all play We Are Golden by Mika?

Guy: By who?

Me: Mika. M-I-K-A.

Guy: Oh, yeah yeah yeah! I love Mika! I wish that Grace Kelly track would have gotten popular here. I'll see what I can do.

*hangs up*

YAY YAY YAY! I'M GOING TO LISTEN TO CRAPPY MUSIC FOR THE REST OF THE DAY WAITING FOR MIKA! ! ! !

:yay:

Just called the radio again (waited two hours, nothing :no:) and my sister talked to the really rude radio host. He said "Mika doesn't work in Texas."

He'd better just wait. . .

I'm emailing him too, and harassing him about it. He said that he'd "heard it, and it was just ok. I like Grace Kelly much better." So I told him to play Grace Kelly. :shun:

I wished Mika a happy birthday here and on Twitter. I haven't done anything special for his birthday today (go ahead, call me a bad fan :naughty:). In my defence, Mika doesn't celebrate my birthday so...:shun:

Haha! too true!!

Same with birthday messages, told everyone i met that it was Mika's birthday. They all said '....right.....ok.....goodbye'

I have congratulated Mika here, in mikasounds, in youtube, in myspase, in twitter... Where I have forgotten to make?

Facebook and Bebo are about the only two places you've left out Lena!:naughty:

Well, I didn't end up with cake. But I did tell the girl at the chemist it was Mika's birthday when I had to put the date down on the scripts I was signing. She was like "Who? Oh, are you a fan or something?":doh:

PARTY'S OVER!

It was fantastic! Last year we only did it with my sister, a friend, and me, but today we had 5 others join us!

Pictures later (some of them are on my friend's camera, plus it's late to upload them), but here's how it went:

Three friends arrived! We sat in the kitchen and decorated 36 cupcakes (butter GOLDEN cake and chocolate frosting)! We called Papa John's (Dr. John's :teehee:) and asked for "diet coke and a pizza--please!"

They said that they only had Pepsi products. Fail.

There goes us being customers of Papa Johns ever again! :doh:

Anyways, we ordered two pizzas, and decorated the rest of the cupcakes. We had 4 "M I K A" cupcakes, and one with just "Mika" on it. We also had a double decker cupcake. :naughty:

Things got a little crazy, and the pizza arrived. Everyone that was there ate (there were only 5 of us at this point). Then we went into the room with the TV!

First we watched the WAG music video! We found out how to hook up the computer to the TV, so it was on the big screen. Wow. Then we watched Pianogirlsammy's WAG video on Mikasounds, because we had a video chat set up with her.

Started Parc Des Princes. Two other friends arrived and we fed them pizza! Watched the show until Happy Ending, and then we paused it and video chatted with Pianogirlsammy. It was great! A virtual MFCer at the party! Love that gurllll.

We also took some pictures at this point to tweet to Mika tomorrow. Can't wait to see how they turned out.

Then we started the DVD again! While we were doing this we blew up a ton of balloons (and popped a few :rolls_eyes:). The DVD ended (WOW!) and the documentary started.

By now people's rides had showed up. We said goodbye to everyone and wished Mika a happy one!

What a day! :yay: