Who else is tired of Mika?

JackViolet

Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?

• Yes, and he should use his birthday tea set!
    • Yes, and he should use the musical tea-cup Jack so thoughtfully gave him in Philadelphia
    • Yes, and he should have a tea party with his sisters and Andy
    • Yes, and he should do all of the above
    • No, because I hate all things Mika and tea-related.

LOL people write on his BLOG to tell him that they are happy there is no new blog, if thats not a NON-SENSE then i dont no

ok im REALLY angry right because you definitely cant win against majority

Mikasounds will become a place for the MFC only, with CORPORATED COMMENTS to please his fanbase fans and some video to ENTERTAIN and if thats what he wants, im leaving. he can nicely dance with ignorant and so called happy people. fine for him.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do read your posts, and you're a really funny person!:thumb_yello:

Love them!

no no i meant your english is way better than mine that's why you should feel better reading them!

see? once again i couldn't across my point:roftl:

no no i meant your english is way better than mine that's why you should feel better reading them!

see? once again i couldn't across my point:roftl:

And see, once again I didn't get the whole picture!:roftl::roftl:

But I love it, having fun and practicing English, two birds with one fly (or is it stone?):naughty:

Anyway…couldn’t be better!:thumb_yello:

I have so many words inside me a lot of times, but it would take me forever to even try to translate them into English. The debate would be over along time ago, the lights out and door locked.:naughty:

sometimes i think "if only i could speak this damn language.... i have so much to say but i can't"

Aw, shame, I can imagine how frustrating it is for you. I've been exposed to French my whole life. Taken school courses and conversational classes...and I can barely construct the most simplest of sentences. The last class I took I realized how ridiculous it was to struggle with something that comes easily to 3-year-olds living in a French speaking country.

But don't be afraid to jump in! Your English is very good and we all know you well enough by now to see your point even if you feel like you're struggling to make yourself understood. And we'll be at the ready to jump in to help you during a debate. :wink2:

LOL people write on his BLOG to tell him that they are happy there is no new blog, if thats not a NON-SENSE then i dont no

Mikasounds will become a place for the MFC only, with CORPORATED COMMENTS to please his fanbase fans and some video to ENTERTAIN and if thats what he wants, im leaving. he can nicely dance with ignorant and so called happy people. fine for him.

Are they really writing that on the blog? :roftl:

Well maybe it's a good thing? They are telling him they are happy with what he's doing (i.e. not writing a blog at the moment) instead of whinging about it. :naughty:

If he changes his blogs too much I will go over there with you and start moaning loudly about it. I am not particularly interested in some of the stuff he puts up but I really do think he should post about things that are most interesting to him.

Mika is 15 years younger than I am, he's a boy, he is far more creative than I am and he has different cultural influences. I don't expect his interests to mirror mine exactly. That would be extremely odd.

I think he should do his once a week or twice a month blog that is aimed at fans who want to know what he's working on or see a video of him being cute or whatever, and the rest can be totally self-indulgent. Self-indulgence is why most people blog and he should be able to enjoy it like everyone else does and not have it be such a work-related chore.

We are all capable of picking and choosing what we find most interesting. I admit I am compelled to keep up with the feed to see what he's blogging about, but I didn't waste even 2 seconds of my life watching a Wonderpets video (well, except Ingie's video! :naughty:). Anyone who doesn't like that sort of thing but watched it anyway because Mika told them to, is a fool. :roftl:

Are they really writing that on the blog? :roftl:

Well maybe it's a good thing? They are telling him they are happy with what he's doing (i.e. not writing a blog at the moment) instead of whinging about it. :naughty:

If he changes his blogs too much I will go over there with you and start moaning loudly about it. I am not particularly interested in some of the stuff he puts up but I really do think he should post about things that are most interesting to him.

Mika is 15 years younger than I am, he's a boy, he is far more creative than I am and he has different cultural influences. I don't expect his interests to mirror mine exactly. That would be extremely odd.

I think he should do his once a week or twice a month blog that is aimed at fans who want to know what he's working on or see a video of him being cute or whatever, and the rest can be totally self-indulgent. Self-indulgence is why most people blog and he should be able to enjoy it like everyone else does and not have it be such a work-related chore.

We are all capable of picking and choosing what we find most interesting. I admit I am compelled to keep up with the feed to see what he's blogging about, but I didn't waste even 2 seconds of my life watching a Wonderpets video (well, except Ingie's video! :naughty:). Anyone who doesn't like that sort of thing but watched it anyway because Mika told them to, is a fool. :roftl:

yes they are- *thumb up mika you dont blog* to take their words

look how i see things

here is a blog-the blogger doesnt blog-people comment to say how cool it is he doesnt blog

...lol

but im too disapointed to actually laugh, im in fact really sad, ive been waiting a long time for him to blog, when he finally did it, it was everything i had waited for, i love the blogs, all of them, i knew he could only be a mixture of contemporary stuff and mentos in the same time,lol, i mean he sees the characters of dzama as real beings in their context ...you know...

and now he is changing and its a loss

thats really nice from you to support me and to eventually come with me there if he actually changes ,lol, but he will have the fans he wants to if he stops showing who he is, like he was doing until now- thats will be his choice to have customers only.

and hey you know about the wonders pets....it was like the bukowski blog, it is not naive at all, have you watched them???its not made for kids, this is genius, every piece is genius, ive watched them all on youtube and im not into cartoons, those are made for adults, this is honestly very brilliant.

Pam, I feel your pain, I too love the blogs (even the most random).But I don't think he's not blogging because people are complaining, I think he's either too busy or he doesn't feel like doing it, that's it. He likes feedback, but as someone said here, he's not a puppet.

If he took criticism too literally we wouldn't have had LICM, and I think record companies are a liiiiitle bit more demanding than us:wink2:

Pam, I feel your pain, I too love the blogs (even the most random).But I don't think he's not blogging because people are complaining, I think he's either too busy or he doesn't feel like doing it, that's it. He likes feedback, but as someone said here, he's not a puppet.

If he took criticism too literally we wouldn't have had LICM, and I think record companies are a liiiiitle bit more demanding than us:wink2:

yeah i know, i think the same but i wasnt only talking about the non posting...i personally dont think he doesnt post because of the *im tired about mika* thread, i even think he doesnt come here a lot....no...its more about the comments approval...i used to think that it was kind of random, but im not so sure anymore...time will tell.

thats really nice from you to support me and to eventually come with me there if he actually changes ,lol, but he will have the fans he wants to if he stops showing who he is, like he was doing until now- thats will be his choice to have customers only.

Yes but Mika has a lot more customers than a few vocal MFCers. All of that hype was squandered last year when Mikasounds was left derelict and he could have been using it to draw in some of those 6 million people who bought his music, along with others who had never listened to it before.

If Mika is just going to preach to a few hundred converted fans...it's kind of a waste of his time. Just like the standing around and signing 200 autographs thing.

and hey you know about the wonders pets....it was like the bukowski blog, it is not naive at all, have you watched them???

No, but maybe I will, on your recommendation this time. Not Mika's. :naughty:

I just assumed it was like Hammy Hamster. :roftl:

:lmfao:

omg really? You think I'm sweet? Someone thinks I'm sweet? *pelvic thrusts into the air*

This is a massive compliment :wub2: Thank you :)

I love you too. there are a few younglings on here who are wise beyond their years.

Yes but Mika has a lot more customers than a few vocal MFCers. All of that hype was squandered last year when Mikasounds was left derelict and he could have been using it to draw in some of those 6 million people who bought his music, along with others who had never listened to it before.

If Mika is just going to preach to a few hundred converted fans...it's kind of a waste of his time. Just like the standing around and signing 200 autographs thing.

No, but maybe I will, on your recommendation this time. Not Mika's. :naughty:

I just assumed it was like Hammy Hamster. :roftl:

so you really dont think that the blogs are a way to know his closest fans but a way to have more customers? maybe your right, i really dont know him at all, add to that my naivety ....thats sad. oh god...

lol@the wonderpets.. you really dont trust him at all, lol, thats really amazing youll see, talking about that im going to watch one now, and tell me what you think once youve watched,please.

oh and mikaforlife i love you too, just like everyone else

i doubt he doesn't blog at the moment because a thread was created about how much he did blog... if this was the reason, it would show quite a lack of personnality, which we know is not true... or which we strongly suspect is not true, since we don't really know :naughty:

anyway... i do think he blogged too much about nonsense, in the sense of : it was not very organized... and i like things "organized"... i wouldn't mind him blogging about nonsense if it was done in an "organized" way, not in a way i felt like "give the dog a bone" (that's how i was seeing it : fan = dog, blog = bone, not insulting anyone, using it as a metaphore... for people not to complain about me insulting them calling them "dog" :insane::boxed:). Maybe introducing the videos by a short sentence would give me the impression that they haven't been thrown at "me" just to make "me" shut up (-> bone, dog, etc.)... i don't know... i don't mean that he shouldn't blog about anything and everything... just like : introduce the videos, not everyday, etc. just saying, since i'm not a regular customer of them ! (btw christine, i totally agree with what you said before : tool, communication, customers, etc.)

of course, his blogs were never expected to be about how "normal and boring" life is, even if he would certainly find a special way to talk about that, and of course, everyone reading/watching them want to know about his tastes and all ! i think you don't read someone's blog if you're not interested in any of those things... but there is a way to do things... and in my opinion, it wasn't done in a good way... it was a bit "fussy", muddled (that's what i found in the online translator, don't jump at me if it's not "correct"). oh i'm sure some will find a super good reason why it was "muddled" but well... whatever... just giving an opinion.

and last thing : i doubt he even reads the feedbacks (even if asking for some)... i doubt he reads all the comments, for sure... i think he does what he wants to. and good for him ! as long as he doesn't expect it to be universal... and i'm sure he doesn't and doesn't give a f*ck. for now, he's as distracted with the blogs as fans are. but soon, he will be bored and they'll be less and less frequent. at the beginning it's a new game, then it becomes a "duty" and way less enjoyable for the blogger... that's why i think he's busy busy now, and will come back in force with tons of blogs when he's less busy. he's still in the honey moon period of the blogger :naughty:

as for constructive (i hope) criticism : i do think the title of the thread was a bit harsh for a totally legit thread... maybe that's why it gets this reaction, you know people read what they want to, jack ! :wink2:

so you really dont think that the blogs are a way to know his closest fans but a way to have more customers? maybe your right, i really dont know him at all, add to that my naivety ....thats sad. oh god...

No, I don't mean that it's strictly a way for him to sell albums. But it seems that some of his closest fans don't want to know him. Not the real Mika anyway...just the cute well behaved 2-dimensional Mika who only blogs because he can't go to sleep at night without doing something to make his fans happy because it gives him warm fuzzies.

If Mika does an online magazine type thing a lot of MFCers, for instance, are not going to be interested. They do not want to hear what Yvonne and Justine have to say. They want to know what Mika had for breakfast this morning.

But a few years ago he was told that no one wants to hear a song about overweight women or a married man living on the down low. But he made LICM and millions of people loved it.

Maybe no one but the hard core fans who surround him now will ever be interested in Mika's musings. I don't know. But I think he could use it to pull a lot more fans into his world. Fans who may relate to him more than some of his current hard core fans do. People who are more open to him changing and evolving and don't have an attack of the vapours at the suggestion that he is not a sweet, innocent, kind and perfect child 100% of the time.

haha... well... i'm laughing at myself, cause i posted a comment on his last vblog... just a question, do the comments still have to be approved ?? mine seems to have appeared at once... or maybe i'm not quite familiar with the moderation thing... not yet ? :bleh:

haha... well... i'm laughing at myself, cause i posted a comment on his last vblog... just a question, do the comments still have to be approved ?? mine seems to have appeared at once... or maybe i'm not quite familiar with the moderation thing... not yet ? :bleh:

No it still needs to be approved. You can see it but no one else can. You'll see when the number of comments goes up that yours has been published.

W H A T -- he is NOT perfect? :tears:

Everyone says that they understand he's not perfect, but the minute anyone suggests otherwise many get defensive. And when that suggestion comes from Mika himself they feel disillusioned.

But it seems that some of his closest fans don't want to know him...

But I think he could use it to pull a lot more fans into his world.

I totally agree with the whole of this post. In particular, I think he was taking a big risk making his blogs more revealing of his tastes, because for some fans it'll destroy the illusion that if ever they met Mika there'd be instant perfect understanding and soulmating (as well as the other kind). Without any actual knowledge of the man, I'd guess it's a calculated risk, as he doesn't strike me as daft.

But I do think these blogs show the makings of a pretty good ezine that, if developed, will pull in new people and boost his credibility in the industry. He'll need to get the mix of professionalism and spontenaity right, but I guess he had to do that on LICM and his videos. And the comments here and on the blogs will be letting him know what works.

I totally agree with the whole of this post. In particular, I think he was taking a big risk making his blogs more revealing of his tastes, because for some fans it'll destroy the illusion that if ever they met Mika there'd be instant perfect understanding and soulmating (as well as the other kind). Without any actual knowledge of the man, I'd guess it's a calculated risk, as he doesn't strike me as daft.

But I do think these blogs show the makings of a pretty good ezine that, if developed, will pull in new people and boost his credibility in the industry. He'll need to get the mix of professionalism and spontenaity right, but I guess he had to do that on LICM and his videos. And the comments here and on the blogs will be letting him know what works.

i wish you were right, but from experience over the past 2 years, i think "fans" will better think they like the same things he does and presents on his blog than thinking they might not like them... i.e. they will sort of "force them into" liking what he presents instead of say they don't ike it (see the comments as i don't remember who quoted like "i've never watched cartoon channels even if i'd a pistol pointed at me, but those cartoons you're showing on the blog are fantastic", or such things...). it's no big deal, their lives :wink2:

i wish you were right, but from experience over the past 2 years, i think "fans" will better think they like the same things he does and presents on his blog than thinking they might not like them... i.e. they will sort of "force them into" liking what he presents instead of say they don't ike it (see the comments as i don't remember who quoted like "i've never watched cartoon channels even if i'd a pistol pointed at me, but those cartoons you're showing on the blog are fantastic", or such things...). it's no big deal, their lives :wink2:

people are not that stupid

when you are not interested into something its hard to pretend you really are, i cant do that. maybe you can.

im not the person who wrote that comment, but i remember it and i totally understand it because the wonder pets have nothing to do with other cartoons

I agree with Christine- Mika is definitely making himself more relatable (though that probably wan't his direct scheme for blogging). He wanted to at least explain his "visions" more directly to people who maybe didn't realize it. A new form of expression, which obvs. reaches out more publicly than in the past.

Maybe- and for people like that it doesn't really matter what he does, they'd applaud anything and probably come up with good reasons for his producing nothing for long periods (as I gather he's done in the past- did they?)

But for people like me, while I'd find it quite easy to pursuade myself that his favourite colour was my favourite (even if nowhere seen in my furnishings or clothing), and that his breakfast would be my favourite if I wasn't on a diet, I really can't get round the fact that even if I put his recommended music on my ipod, I wouldn't get round to playing it and can't see anything of interest in that BMW commercial. So Mika and I are not soulmates.

Once you get off conventional trivia you're taking a risk.

Incidentally, I had to live with a Donny-Osmond's-favourite-colour purple bedroom until I was 19 and had to explain it to boyfriends. I was glad when my parents finally moved.

Pam, I ASSURE you that the people who are "tired" of his blog are not anywhere close to a majority. :naughty: Even the people who agree with me are just saying it can be overwhelming when it's like 3 blogs a day, but they still want blogs! And most people are enjoying them as they are.

Me, now, I see nothing of particular interest in the wonderpets that I haven't seen in other children's programming. (Some of it worse, some of it better.) And you know what, this blogging spree has convinced me that Mika and I really wouldn't get on in real life... I wouldn't get him, he wouldn't get me, we'd both bore and annoy each other. Well enough!

That doesn't mean I seriously want him to stop blogging about stuff that amuses him, or seriously expect him to listen to me even if I did. And my expectations or wants are moot anyway, because it's not up to me, it's up to him--and he's his own person, come on. I trust him to take the feedback he gets, both in the shape of my silly threads and people's response to the silly threads, and the comments on his blog--and make his own decisions, that reflect his desires. Which, in the case of my thread, is most likely to be to totally ignore it. :naughty:

(Those desires may be tempered by a wish to please the fans and business considerations, but that'll be his wish and his business.)

--Jack

Pam, what are you seeing in Wonderpets? I'm hooked, and would like an explanation better than my current ones- peppily optimistic plots, a very cute duckling, and 25 mins avoiding work

what i see in the wonderpets? same that anyone else i suppose, very lame plots, colourful minimalism collage cartoon - but not with the usual colors used into cartoons, the nuances are really different and the collage effect makes it different too- and great mini musicals with sounds i like, slogan writing- *pupa, supa dupa*etc.

look at this and you will understand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIaa4kzUHxA

and sometimes its funny like - hi im here- im here too- im here three,lol

i dont no jack, all i know is that im a super minority if you are the minority yourself, you and your people.

i dont know mika at all , i dont know him the way you do, i was just beginning to discover him and i agree... thats exactly what i said, it will all, at the end, be his choice, and if his choice is to entertain, i will leave, not that anyone will notice but im saying it.

I don't know Mika at all! :naughty: But if you like children's animation like Wonderpets, I can maybe recommend this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sICgWJ46_4E

It's not similar, mind. For one, the pacing is a lot slower, because it is from Russia in like, the 60s, and stuff was slower then. Also, the subtitles aren't that great. But it's really quite good... and the second series starts with Gena the Crocodile's birthday and his song about how he's determined to enjoy it even though it's on a rainy day "because birthdays only come once a year," and my mom used to sing that to me whenever I was sad. :blush-anim-cl:

--Jack