Who else is tired of Mika?

JackViolet

Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?

• Yes, and he should use his birthday tea set!
    • Yes, and he should use the musical tea-cup Jack so thoughtfully gave him in Philadelphia
    • Yes, and he should have a tea party with his sisters and Andy
    • Yes, and he should do all of the above
    • No, because I hate all things Mika and tea-related.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the blogs. It's making me not like Mika as much.. I still love the music, but I liked the times much more when it was exciting when a new video came out. I just want a tea-time blog so that I can see more of those pretty dresses his sisters wear. :wub2:

I kinda agree... although i never watch the vlogs, hah.

I posted this comment to Mika on MS just now after I got back from my weekend work conference. It's not there yet, maybe later when he comes online it will get apprived..

"At the conference people were having a go at me for my mature-aged fan gurlishness on MFC. Many of them were not familiar with you or your music, but they all knew your name because of me and my Mika adventures of last year.

At the party at the end of the conference, we were all gathered together and lined up for a group photo, and the room fell silent for a split second as we waited for the camera to click. And in that split second, I made a right fool of myself when I suddenly jumped off my chair yelling THAT’S MIKA!! THAT’S HIM!!

There you were, happily singing Lollipop in the background at a conference in Japan. I nearly died."

also asked him for a tea blog...preferably iced green tea latte!!:wub2:

I posted this comment to Mika on MS just now after I got back from my weekend work conference. It's not there yet, maybe later when he comes online it will get apprived..

"At the conference people were having a go at me for my mature-aged fan gurlishness on MFC. Many of them were not familiar with you or your music, but they all knew your name because of me and my Mika adventures of last year.

At the party at the end of the conference, we were all gathered together and lined up for a group photo, and the room fell silent for a split second as we waited for the camera to click. And in that split second, I made a right fool of myself when I suddenly jumped off my chair yelling THAT’S MIKA!! THAT’S HIM!!

There you were, happily singing Lollipop in the background at a conference in Japan. I nearly died."

wait wait wait.

you saw him like on the screen, or what ? where was he ?

me is confused :blink:

AWWW, BS!

You are gonna have him falling off the chair with that story, LOL!

I'm gonna have to start a nice-to-Mika thread next. I don't want all my Mika-themed threads to be negative. :blush-anim-cl:

Maybe something about enjoying his hair lately. That would be lovely and polite.

Oh, although y'know what would be a fun videoblog that I'd enjoy? One where he does a show-and-tell of just how he likes to make/drink his tea. And then holds a tea party.

Mika, if you do that, I will make a thread about how good you are at responding to fanbase desires!

--Jack

Reply to the first paragraph: You can change that, if you didn't already there must be a reason :fisch:

To the second one: Already done...:naughty:

Third one: I'd like to see that for the fact that I feel Mika gets closer to us when he shows us a little part of his world. As if we could share something with Mika, all of us, around the globe. But if I encourage Mika to do that, you'd start with all that thing about his personal life and bla bla bla (do you remember? a great thread...till the criticizing and analysis came)

And last and fourth: Yes, for sure he'd like to do that often. If only it was easy...Ohh Ohh OK. I guess you were just joking and forgot the glasses >>> :mf_rosetinted:

:shocked: Well I couldn't agree more. But I feel bad admitting it :naughty: Because having someone like him updating his blog for his fans SO often is something we should be extremely grateful of.

Blogs are great, lots of blogs are great. Blogs that say nothing and have little thought are not great. Yes, he's a genius and has a zillion fans who are infinitely interested in everything he has to say, and that's why we love everything he shares with us. It's like a view into his world and how he thinks, hearing about the random things that interest him and people/things he likes. (Or so we did for a short while) But I think the general "getting tired of them now" thing is not because we now take them for granted or anything, but more because from the constant blogging and letting us into his world we feel more like he is a normal person just like us, and have come to the sudden realisation of "Wtf, these blogs are pretty crap, if this was written by a random I would have exited this page roughly 0.2 seconds after clicking on it." Like ... Mentos and Coke video ... random comic cover? *cringe*

The little-thought blogs ruin it for the thoughtful ones, so many MFCers have stopped looking as MS at all because of them (and their quantity), and they're missing the interesting stuff that is worthwhile/brilliant because the blog has an overall vibe of "pointless crap".

I guess this is something that will be made better when the full website is finished and he categorises the posts

Haha! Just yesterday I read a thing in the uni magazine about dumpster diving as a form of getting by on a student income :roftl: They called it something funny ... Freegan I think. And they specifically explained how to get by the dumpster-locks, and that smaller supermarket chains are less likely to have them :roftl:

:naughty: Don't you?

"PS, just to let everyone know. Almost all of the pieces of art, sculptures, drawings, hand made books etc… have been kept over the last two years."

He actually admits to throwing the crappy gifts out :thumb_yello:

why in the world WOULD you keep the crappy gifts?? at least he isnt lying :bleh:

btw, okie doke, that is a BRILL summary. totally with you, especailly the mentos and coke thing. i was really all dgjnsdlkgjnawguk!! MIKA!! NO-ONE CARES!!

wait wait wait.

you saw him like on the screen, or what ? where was he ?

me is confused :blink:

No, his CD was playing in the background, but nobody heard it till we shut up for the photo. Mika is generally not the sort of music you expect at a conference in Japan.:wink2:

why in the world WOULD you keep the crappy gifts?? at least he isnt lying :bleh:

btw, okie doke, that is a BRILL summary. totally with you, especailly the mentos and coke thing. i was really all dgjnsdlkgjnawguk!! MIKA!! NO-ONE CARES!!

I hope he didn't consider my cuddly penguin as a crappy gift, since it wasn't hand made or a work of art!

No, I can't say I am tired of Mika.

I love his blogs/vlogs and I would also love cartoons and artwork. I wouldn't mind one or two blogs a day....but I don't expect it that often. I hope he will only do it when he wants to.

They make me very very happy. :wub2: I'm glad they are on the spur of the moment and sometimes very random. I loved the mentos and Coke one, the hotels, the boat ride, bridge bopping and some of his gigs (sort of from his point of view instead of ours). I really like how he puts music to them that usually fits perfectly or humorously with the vlog, but they are not over-glossy. I hate mtv videos and anything that comes close to that. I have learned a lot about different artists, listened to new music and I am even the proud owner of one copy of Amelia's magazine (which saved my life on the last 6 hour plane trip I took :naughty:)

I never thought that he would do this type of blogging/vlogging....just so random, short and sweet and perfect. I really wasn't expecting much, I thought they would be things that I wouldn't like at all (there are a lot of things that I don't like), but instead he really surprised me.

I know it is not everyone's cup of tea, but, hey, he really knew how I liked my tea (and I am rather picky about that too). :blush-anim-cl:

No, I can't say I am tired of Mika.

I love his blogs/vlogs and I would also love cartoons and artwork. I wouldn't mind one or two blogs a day....but I don't expect it that often. I hope he will only do it when he wants to.

They make me very very happy. :wub2: I'm glad they are on the spur of the moment and sometimes very random. I loved the mentos and Coke one, the hotels, the boat ride, bridge bopping and some of his gigs (sort of from his point of view instead of ours). I really like how he puts music to them that usually fits perfectly or humorously with the vlog, but they are not over-glossy. I hate mtv videos and anything that comes close to that. I have earned a lot about different artists, listened to new music and I am even the proud owner of one copy of Amelia's magazine (which saved my life on the last 6 hour plane trip I took :naughty:)

I never thought that he would do this type of blogging/vlogging....just so random, short and sweet and perfect. I really wasn't expecting much, I thought they would be things that I wouldn't like at all (there are a lot of things that I don't like), but instead he really surprised me.

I know it is not everyone's cup of tea, but, hey, he really knew how I liked my tea (and I am rather picky about that too). :blush-anim-cl:

i know

and a lot of artists and bands have a whole website just for their blogs they do everyday, i think we should appreciate the blogs more

I agree on a lot of the things you said lilmot, and this I just have to quote!:wink2:

:thumb_yello:

:shocked: Well I couldn't agree more. But I feel bad admitting it :naughty: Because having someone like him updating his blog for his fans SO often is something we should be extremely grateful of.

Blogs are great, lots of blogs are great. Blogs that say nothing and have little thought are not great. Yes, he's a genius and has a zillion fans who are infinitely interested in everything he has to say, and that's why we love everything he shares with us. It's like a view into his world and how he thinks, hearing about the random things that interest him and people/things he likes. (Or so we did for a short while) But I think the general "getting tired of them now" thing is not because we now take them for granted or anything, but more because from the constant blogging and letting us into his world we feel more like he is a normal person just like us, and have come to the sudden realisation of "Wtf, these blogs are pretty crap, if this was written by a random I would have exited this page roughly 0.2 seconds after clicking on it." Like ... Mentos and Coke video ... random comic cover? *cringe*

You didn't watch the mentos/coke video obviously. This wasn't just some easy vid. Those fountains of coke were really orchestrated :mf_rosetinted:

no new blog in 2 days :yay:

Huzzah! :yay:

Oh great......spoil things for the rest of us! :thumbdown:

If you don't wanna watch soooo many vblogs.........just don't watch them!

I've said before......and I'll most definitely say again......this kind of criticism is just mean.

If a friend of yours was starting up a new website and was all enthusiastic and full of ideas and you thought it was too much and should be toned down you wouldn't just say....."your vblogs are crap".....you'd have more tact (I hope).

So why when it's someone who we're supposed to like/admire/support do certain people feel that not only can they be blunt about their views on the whole thing but seem to actually relish putting his stuff down?

If I were in his shoes I would be raging and really want to say "f**k you" and quit even bothering spending my very precious time trying to entertain my (alledged) "fans".

In summary........(again)

He can't win

He has feelings

He doesn't have to bother with any of this

He's not a puppet

he's not forcing you to watch

Oh......and whilst I'm in rant mode....

You don't get to produce the kind of individual and fresh work that Mika does by being into ordinary things......his points of reference are going to be very random, varied and oddball.

If he was watching very ordinary TV, regular music videos, reading mainstream magazines...he'd have a job in a bank and be saving up for his next holiday to Ibiza!

He is who he is because of the things that interest and excite him.

If they're not your taste then you too probably work in an office and are saving for your once a year fun in the sun!

It's OK....you're not being relied upon to produce another multi million selling album.....he is! No pressure there then! :blink:

:roftl::roftl::roftl: that is so funny!!

Oh great......spoil things for the rest of us! :thumbdown:

If I were in his shoes I would be raging and really want to say "f**k you" and quit even bothering spending my very precious time trying to entertain my (alledged) "fans".

But you are not in his shoes, are you? :wink2: Neither am I or any of us, obviously. And quite frankly, I think Mika's skin is much thicker than that, as I am sure there are other things going on in his life, that are far nastier than anything on this fanclub.

I don't think, he's the person to let anybody dictate him what to do or not (although I do believe he feels the pressure to post something about that tea set. Or maybe he thinks he has carried out his duty by posting about the photo album, to prevent possible moaning). If this was the case, more of his interaction with the virtual world would take place on this site. Actually, talking to Sara and Rose in May at that Yelle gig, he gave that impression, that something like that was planned, didn't he? Yet neither the Paris competition nor anything else he mentioned that night (Special platform for MFCers...yada yada...) happened. At least not in that expected 'MFC only' or 'MFC guaranteed' way.

So, personally I think, that it is not very far fetched to come to the conclusion that it was a conscious decision of his to keep a healthy distance to his fanclub. Even if he bought the site. Maybe because he bought it.

It's been said several times, but really, it is true, we're not his only fans. And probably not even his favourite ones. What we get out of this, is the pure joy of being a fan. Nothing more, nothing less. Maybe one day the chance of preferred seating - after having paid for it, of course, not because we're such fantastic fans.

If you don't wanna watch soooo many vblogs.........just don't watch them!

I've said before......and I'll most definitely say again......this kind of criticism is just mean.

If a friend of yours was starting up a new website and was all enthusiastic and full of ideas and you thought it was too much and should be toned down you wouldn't just say....."your vblogs are crap".....you'd have more tact (I hope).

So why when it's someone who we're supposed to like/admire/support do certain people feel that not only can they be blunt about their views on the whole thing but seem to actually relish putting his stuff down?

If the problem is really about the sheer number of vlogs, I kinda agree. If you don't want to watch them, then don't. But I think, that's not the core of the discussion.

And please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anybody said, his vlogs were 'crap'. If a friend of mine set up crappy vlogs, I probably wouldn't say: 'look, those are crap' (well, depending on how sensitive they are), but I wouldn't say: 'wow, fantastic!' either.

Do you think, we shouldn't criticize his blog AT ALL?

See, I don't really think that criticizing him on a personal level, while discussing his blogs is possible at all in most cases. There are the blogs about stuff he likes. You can check it out, find a personal gem, or even like none of it all. Nothing wrong with that, because, let's face it, we're all different with different likings and preferences, which don't make us worse or better than anyone else.

Quite frankly, I find it disturbing to read on his blog comments things like: "Eeww, I HATE poets and poems from the bottom of my heart, but Charles Bukowski is just AWESOME! Thank you very much, I LOVE his stuff!"

or

"Children's TV is the very last thing I would turn on, not even if anybody held a pistol to my head, but OH WOOOW, wonderpets, how AMAZING!"

Often enough he even asks for opinions on the things he introduces to us, but a negative opinion is not criticism.

I'd say, his bridge bopping/light videos have an artistic value. It's purely a matter of taste. They're not really my cup of tea, but they don't have to be. I'd never say they're technically crap, as I don't have any idea of the whole process and the techniques. Moreover, criticizing them would probably affect Andy more than Mika.

So the only personal criticism-prone category would be the vlogs where he is himself. And I'm positive that, the moment he decides to put them up, he is fully aware that people will comment.

We all like/admire/support Mika. Would we waste our time in here, if we didn't? That would be pretty dumb.

He's asking for opinions. He's getting them. And honest criticism will do him a greater favour than any of the meaningless flattering.

In summary........(again)

He can't win

He has feelings

He's not a puppet

You say, he can't win. That's only partly true. I think he has already found a very good way to deal with the blog task. There's something in it for everyone.

The RL bits for those who like to have a tiny insight in his everyday world...

The art and music stuff, for those who are interested in new things and wonder what kind of art or music he's into at the moment...

The edited videos for entertainment...

You can choose. I didn't watch any of the vlogs twice, to be honest, but checked all of his recommendations... others can do differently. Whatever floats your boat.

And sure he has feelings. At least I hope so. But as I said above, I really think he can deal with worse than a bit criticism.

He doesn't have to bother with any of this and he's not a puppet. Right. So what's the fuss about? He will do what he feels like doing and, this I'm quite sure of, he will leave what he doesn't want to do.

If he was watching very ordinary TV, regular music videos, reading mainstream magazines...he'd have a job in a bank and be saving up for his next holiday to Ibiza!

Hollyoaks is not ordinary TV then?

Besides, I'd like to stick with Mika's approach concerning labels.

The last time I checked Mika was not my friend and he's never going to be. I am one of his customers and it doesn't matter how much I like him and support him, that's what the relationship boils down to.

Although in the case of his blogs it's barely even a seller/client relationship. He's just posting some random stuff and anyone who happens upon it can take it, leave it, call it genius or call it crap. That's what happens when you post your ideas in public. If you've ever read the comments on Perez Hilton's blog you know that "crap" is such a gentle adjective it could almost be considered a compliment. :naughty:

It's a good thing you're not in his shoes then because Mika has asked for feedback. I'm not sure how much value he would place on people lying to him to spare his feelings when the whole point of him doing this is to solicit and keep fans by giving them they're meant to find interesting and entertaining.

Fortunately a lot of people do find it interesting and entertaining and he's not an idiot. He can see that and he's not going to cater to the occasional whinger.

But Yvonne and Justine disappeared as quickly as they arrived because it didn't go over well with a lot of people and there's no point in him offering things on his blogs that people don't like. It really is a waste of his precious time if his fans are just blindly supporting him when the reality is that they don't like the content of his blogs.

He doesn't have to bother writing songs, recording albums, and performing on stage either, but this what he's chosen to do for a living. It's the 21st century and communicating with fans via the internet is what pop stars do. It is not some altruistic gift to fans, it is an incredible marketing tool for them. They can get instant feedback at minimal risk and expense and project an image without million dollar videos and record-company-dependent ad campaigns.

He's not a puppet

This is true and I hope he carries on with what he's been doing...if that's what he wants to do. If he's just been posting quantity over quality because he thinks that's more effective, then he could probably cut back a bit and be a bit more choosy about what makes it into the blog and what doesn't.

I suspect he's going to cut back anyway now that the initial thrill has worn off and we'll get random bursts whenever he's in the mood.

But Yvonne and Justine disappeared as quickly as they arrived because it didn't go over well with a lot of people and there's no point in him offering things on his blogs that people don't like. It really is a waste of his precious time if his fans are just blindly supporting him when the reality is that they don't like the content of his blogs.

but...they will be back, maybe under different identities, maybe without some people even realize it, but they´ll be back, in every line, every concept, youll see, their spirit will haunt the blog im sure.

some comments are very cool , im naive enough to think that he is there for those comments and to exchange and give...though the whole world knows he is a product, he is first a human being who has a myspace and a blog and who appreciates comments just like the rest of us. at least thats what i think and if im wrong, then im wrong.

does anyone like fleet foxes btw?lol

I noticed we have not seen Justine and Yvonne again...maybe he was just testing the waters there too. That one was REALLY worth complaining about:naughty:

Sort of like the song Rain....once some of us criticised it on here, it pretty quickly fell off the playlist. Maybe he is off to work on it more ... change the lyrics, whatever..... and maybe he actually really likes being able to get some feedback from the more critical MFCers. Or maybe he decided he didn't like it any more himself.

And he changed his soundbites at gigs, and became a little more spontaneous... coincidentally??? but it was just after a thread on here complaining how he was too scripted.

If he has ever spent any time on here (or if he has someone on his team who checks here....probably not...) he would get to know whose opinions he values and whose he doesn't. I really enjoy reading the critical views (joking or not) because it keep me on my toes (and maybe Mika too) and enriches the whole forum.

Compared to some of the stuff out there about Mika, this forum is a complete HAVEN for him, with very minimal criticism. Which honestly makes it all the more valuable for him in my opinion. We come from a baseline of respecting his work and enjoying his first album, and we enjoy the company of other Mika fans. Or else we wouldn't keep coming back here. Criticism doesn't mean we don't LIKE him.

It's like telling off your kids for some bad behaviour. It doesn't mean we don't love our kids, but we don't have to love their behaviour. And I am sure Mika is smart enough to see that here too. We won't all love everything he puts out for us, and some of us write about it seriously and some very tongue in cheek.

I fully agree with what Jack and Christine said. I don't see the fuss. I said I found a couple of his blogs were crap, i'll stick to that. Oh and FYI, vix, when my friends do sthg I don't like, I'll tell them, and I expect them to do the same to me, especially when I explicitly ask for feedback. Mika is a big boy I'm sure he's smart enough to read the critics and decide if they're instructive or not, and take lessons outta them, or not. His call.

I don't understand why people need to be so overprotective. He's thick-skinned, give him some credit. When I criticize one of his songs, or blogs, or jackets, i don't want to spoil the others fun, I aint trying to be mean... I just want to express my point of view and I don't expect people to agree with me. Being a fan doesnt mean we have to support everything he does, or does it, if so, i'm a lousy fan, fair enough.