Who else is tired of Mika?

JackViolet

Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?

• Yes, and he should use his birthday tea set!
    • Yes, and he should use the musical tea-cup Jack so thoughtfully gave him in Philadelphia
    • Yes, and he should have a tea party with his sisters and Andy
    • Yes, and he should do all of the above
    • No, because I hate all things Mika and tea-related.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...I really kind of want him to go away.

Well. Actually I've been listening to his music more lately. I haven't played LiCM in a while, and a few days ago I took it out of my CD pile and put it back in my car player, so I've been listening to it every day (I commute). It's good, and I like being able to listen to it again with fresh ears and find that I still love it. So, I'm not saying I'm tired of his music or anything.

But this blog thing, I just want him to shut up. Not entirely, but I find myself cringing when I see new posts on the blog thread, thinking, "oh geez, did he post another one already? I hope not." I go to Mikasounds, wait for it to load... and am filled with relief when I see that there's no new blog.

I like to have a little space! I want to discuss Mika-related stuff without his constant meddling and interruption. I can't handle having to keep up with his minutiae every day. I think a blog a week would be good, let us breathe a little!!

Also, I think he could benefit by being a little more selective about what he posts. He could at least try to be a little entertaining, to consider whether what he's writing will actually interest his audience. The videoblogs tend to accomplish this more than the text ones. I like the text ones a lot when they're done well, but not when it seems like they're there for the sake of filling up space, or because he had some random thought flitting through his mind for a second and happened to be near a laptop. For Pete's sake, Mika, I don't care that you got a comic book or a new toy unless you tell me something interesting enough about it to make me care.

Anyone with me? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

...I thought not. :naughty

--Jack

Well...I love watching his videoblogs bcs he's funny to me even if he just apear somewhere:naughty:

I don't go so often to read his blogs or to watch his blogvids but I think it's nice of him to let us know lot of details from him life even those the most usuall (if I can say 4 sth related to him is usuall?:naughty:)

I like them bcs he shows his personality more,he's just ...very relaxed and ...

dunno...it's ok 4 me..:wub2:....:wub2:....

-----------

ps.(this is to Mika) New toy dear?-:thumb_yello::naughty::wub2:

Yet more proof he's taught us how to whine. :roftl::wink2:

I like the blogs/vlogs. Some I've scratched my head over, of course. I've questioned if he is immature, young at heart, or just a big kid. Or does he have moments of regression? IDK. There's just something abnormal about 25yo's that play with toys so devotedly, even if those toys are pretty amusing.

And the art blogs are good. I don't actively search the net for artwork, but it's interesting to see a connection between what he likes and what Mika and Yasmine create themselves.

But my expectations from the start were reasonable and looking back over what he has blogged about, I'm really not all that surprised by any of them. (Meaning, IMO, the content and the blogger go hand in hand.)

I'd be surprised if he suddenly blogged about something we had no idea he was, or could be or ever would be, interested in.

So the tea-blog might appear. :bleh:

Or, "how I prevent chafing."

Or "Good excuses to use when you don't want to perform." :naughty:

Lastly, The "Ommmmmmmmmming" in most cases is used mostly to keep the thread on track and prevent boredom. I don't expect him to blog everyday, I couldn't/wouldn't do it myself on myspace. But if he's having fun and he wants to share the colour of his snot everyday, then so be it. The interaction is pleasing a majority of fans.

Hear Hear !:thumb_yello:

Aw, bless, no! :roftl: I was just kidding, because, how ungainly of a present is a single teacup, really? I wouldn't know what to do with one!

I have no idea what he did with it. Although I doubt he could ever find it again.

--Jack

I have single teacups that I've been given as presents. They never struck me as strange. More often than not, when I have a cup of tea, it's by myself.

Yes, yes, yes!

I do like his blogs, but I just can't keep up with them.

I have other things to do.

And all of this blogging only leads to people wanting more and more!

Quality, not quantity Mika.

Actually, maybe not, I am just as interested in ordinary day to day things as I am being "educated" about arty things by Mika. Well, more interested in ordinary things if I am being truthful.

If we have too many blogs, the whole forum just starts revolving around them and it gets boring.

Give us a break!

I guess I agree with the sentiment of the thread. I'm enjoying them, but I have complained that it's hard to keep up with them sometimes. And like Babs, I'm just as interested in the ordinary things. I guess for me, Mika can do whatever he likes, and I'll either be more or less interested depending on the topic... I mean, the world's not gonna stop revolving or something, just because I have a particular interest or lack of interest in what he writes.

I understand the "need" to keep up otherwise you might feel out of the loop Jack, but I'm wondering more what that says about you.:wink2:

Oh, and I can't vote in the poll. There is no category there that fits me.:no:

Yet more proof he's taught us how to whine. :roftl::wink2:

I like the blogs/vlogs. Some I've scratched my head over, of course. I've questioned if he is immature, young at heart, or just a big kid. Or does he have moments of regression? IDK. There's just something abnormal about 25yo's that play with toys so devotedly, even if those toys are pretty amusing.

And the art blogs are good. I don't actively search the net for artwork, but it's interesting to see a connection between what he likes and what Mika and Yasmine create themselves.

But my expectations from the start were reasonable and looking back over what he has blogged about, I'm really not all that surprised by any of them. (Meaning, IMO, the content and the blogger go hand in hand.)

I'd be surprised if he suddenly blogged about something we had no idea he was, or could be or ever would be, interested in.

So the tea-blog might appear. :bleh:

Or, "how I prevent chafing."

Or "Good excuses to use when you don't want to perform." :naughty:

Lastly, The "Ommmmmmmmmming" in most cases is used mostly to keep the thread on track and prevent boredom. I don't expect him to blog everyday, I couldn't/wouldn't do it myself on myspace. But if he's having fun and he wants to share the colour of his snot everyday, then so be it. The interaction is pleasing a majority of fans.

I'd just like to comment on what you said about finding it abnormal about a 25 yr old playing with toys so devotedly. I should say that if my bank account was a lot healthier, I would probably be surrounded by Lego and Meccano, as I really enjoy playing with them, and I'm 44!!!

I find most of his blogs quite fascinating, some of them like the Alan Aldridge and the Plastic Man comic take me back to my childhood (the latter because I used to collect Fantastic Stories comic books, not got them now unfortunately), others like the Arthur Gaston blog fires up my imagination, to look at art in a different way.

I like that he see's these things and absorbs them and feels that he should share them with us, okay, it maybe a little childlike, getting excited by something and wanting to draw our attention to it, but I like that he has chosen to want OUR attention to be drawn to them, he could quite easily just keep it to himself or to his close friends. But that he wants to open this part of himself to us (and I know some of us would rather he not bother) I find most heartening.

And I don't care if that makes me sound soft!

I'd love to see a video blog with him preparing tea and serving it to his family and friends !

And he should calm down a bit with the blogs especially in the weekend when he needs to get some rest :naughty::roftl: !

It depends on what kind of whining, and the amount of it

But sometimes he just annoys me! As if he's like, my little brother or something. Do you know that feeling?

No, I don't have a whiney little brother to compare him to, thank god :naughty:

I'd love a video blog of him reading the MFC and making comments to our ridiculous comments.

Genius! :lmao:

There is a video on youtube somewhere of Orlando Bloom having a thread on a fan site being read to him. Funniest video ever :roftl:

There is a video on youtube somewhere of Orlando Bloom having a thread on a fan site being read to him. Funniest video ever

(Yes, I'm quoting myself, get over it :naughty:)

I want to see his reaction to people crying because he's dating Adele.

:shocked: That would be a bit harsh :naughty: Actually, what would his reaction be? :stretcher: Maybe? :naughty:

Ow, I'm confused here :doh:

So... Is this thread another bit of MFC humour, or serious? :lmfao:

I'm not a newbie, and neither naive. So... I feel stupid.

I like the way he's showing us what he likes, and so on...

I love the vlogs, pretty damn funny.

Still, I wold LOVE to hear back something about his progress... And of course, the way he loves tea...:naughty:

What say you though, Miss HK? :wink2:

Which blogs did you enjoy?

Quotes self from 3:30am yesterday ...

Hhhhhhmmmm ..... I love his blogs/vlogs .....

.... that is all .

Jack,

I don't really understand. If you don't want there to be a new blog, why do you go and check MS to see if there is one?

And I think it's not possible that everything he posts will interest everyone all the time. Because everyone is different and has different interests.

I'm happy that he has this blog and that he posts there for the fans. About the amount of posting: that's something he has to decide and not we. :wink2:

Hear Hear :thumb_yello:

Quotes self again ... :cheerful_h4h:

I explained twice. Maybe people could read the thread?

--Jack

I knooow you did Jack .....

I must be one of the only people who doesn't like the blogs...

.....which is why I thought I quoted this earlier ??!

What say you though, Miss HK? :wink2:

Which blogs did you enjoy?

Sorry HK. I read that, but was asking more or less was there a favourite..

I was gonna say ... no.

Yes ! Mika mentioning John Dahlsen (recycled plastic artist) from Australia

... an old friend of mine whom I have not been in touch with for 23 yrs. !

I had heard of him doing recycled beach scrap, & making sculptures, but once Meeks gave the link to his website ... haha!! Here he is ... & doing such great stuff ! So .... yeah, I guess that blog gave me a pretty big buzz ! :thumb_yello:

I like this thread.

I like Jack stirring things up.:naughty:

I like the birthday blog. I thought the bit with his life flashing before his eyes was really fun and really Mika.

I think a blog of his first reaction to the photos and captions of him and Adele would be priceless.

But the tea blog is definitely the one I want next.:thumb_yello:

I don't like the blogs. It's making me not like Mika as much.. I still love the music, but I liked the times much more when it was exciting when a new video came out. I just want a tea-time blog so that I can see more of those pretty dresses his sisters wear. :wub2: