Who else is tired of Mika?

JackViolet

Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?

• Yes, and he should use his birthday tea set!
    • Yes, and he should use the musical tea-cup Jack so thoughtfully gave him in Philadelphia
    • Yes, and he should have a tea party with his sisters and Andy
    • Yes, and he should do all of the above
    • No, because I hate all things Mika and tea-related.

I am very avare of what you posted in the 1st post,and no,I haven't read the whole thread because I don't want to,I'm talking about the thing you wrote in your first post.

Maybe you should read your post again.

Ok, let's do it together. :mf_rosetinted:

I don't understand what's wrong with the thing that Mika wants to comunicate with his fans through the blogs and vlogs. I personally find it really nice and polite. Would you like him to be tough and nasty and unpolite with his fans,like some other pop stars are? To don't give a damn for them,altough they're his biggest support?

No, quite clearly, what I said was:

But this blog thing, I just want him to shut up. Not entirely, but I find myself cringing when I see new posts on the blog thread, thinking, "oh geez, did he post another one already? I hope not." I go to Mikasounds, wait for it to load... and am filled with relief when I see that there's no new blog.

I like to have a little space! I want to discuss Mika-related stuff without his constant meddling and interruption. I can't handle having to keep up with his minutiae every day. I think a blog a week would be good, let us breathe a little!!

Where you get that I want him to be mean or rude or nasty, I have NO idea.

Maybe you don't find it interesting and maybe you don't like it,but I'm sure that the majority like it.

Gee, funnily enough I'm quite aware of that:

Anyone with me? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

...I thought not.

After all - why do you comment there then,if you hate such things and want him to just 'shut up'?

If you read my original post again, you'll see that in fact I don't want that.

I just want him to shut up. Not entirely...

I think a blog a week would be good, let us breathe a little!!

It's called "modifiers." I don't want him to stop blogging, I just think it would be better if it was a weekly blog. Not that it matters.

I also didn't say "I hated such things." I said I liked some of the text blogs "when they are done well" and the videoblogs. I comment on the stuff I like.

Also,what do you want him to write about? ...WHAT do you want him to write about?

It's not so much the "what" as the "how."

For Pete's sake, Mika, I don't care that you got a comic book or a new toy unless you tell me something interesting enough about it to make me care.

As in, I want him to provide a bit more of his own opinion on the stuff he's linking us to, WHY he likes it, WHY he thinks it's worthwhile, etc. Not just slap a link and an "it's brilliant!" on it. But again, it doesn't really matter what I think... as I explained.

Your other questions I already answered in the rest of the thread that you didn't feel like reading.

--Jack

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao. look add to that the fact that i myself have several identities there, maybe we are only ten at the end on his blog,lol

i remember i found that commemt totally strange exept for the wonder pets part...and if it was you, it means that n o one is totally blind, no one will like things just because our beloved flamboyant bastard does

christine, lmao you exaggerate

Pam, Pam I thought you were lost, but now I see the real Pam again. :naughty:

Mika can make a blog that will be guaranteed appeal to a few hundred hard core fans or he can build an ezine that is reflective of his tastes and includes contributions from others that will appeal to a different type of blog reader.

If Mika is to get any satisfaction from these blogs outside of the obvious commercial ones, he needs to make the kind of blog he envisions and attract the kind of blog reader he can relate to and vice versa. Just like he enjoys having crazy MIKA fans in the front row of his gigs and not middle-of-the-road Craig David fans.

You're right, that's a good way to look at it. I suppose it would be very interesting to see what the blog could develop into, given the room and the time. True, he could well make it into an interesting, independent creation that will have to be taken on its own terms rather than as "notes from Mika."

If he's not going to get any personal satisfaction out of these blogs I don't think there's much point in putting any kind of real effort into it. I think the fangurls would be happy with a few videos a month of him acting cute for 2 minutes and he could delegate the task of editing, uploading, posting and moderating the comments to someone else.

I must be a fangurl then; I have to admit I'd be pretty happy with that. :naughty:

--Jack

Pam, Pam I thought you were lost, but now I see the real Pam again. :naughty:

you thought i was lost because i was *all in love* with the blogs??

im sorry if the curly flamboyant bastard has the same taste i have, i know more than him though...i even rebelled myself when he wrote that stuff about being happy and ignorant

i made a nice little story about the story of crack des chevaliers, i dont practize or promote ignorance oh and im a fangurl it think

you thought i was lost because i was *all in love* with the blogs??

im sorry if the curly flamboyant bastard has the same taste i have, i know more than him though...i even rebelled myself when he wrote that stuff about being happy and ignorant

i made a nice little story about the story of crack des chevaliers, i dont practize or promote ignorance oh and im a fangurl it think

:lmfao: I'm loving your descriptions.

Not particularly because you love the blogs, but you seem to have had a personality transplant sometimes, but then I see you again.....

Ok, let's do it together. :mf_rosetinted:

No, quite clearly, what I said was:

Where you get that I want him to be mean or rude or nasty, I have NO idea.

Gee, funnily enough I'm quite aware of that:

If you read my original post again, you'll see that in fact I don't want that.

It's called "modifiers." I don't want him to stop blogging, I just think it would be better if it was a weekly blog. Not that it matters.

It's not so much the "what" as the "how."

As in, I want him to provide a bit more of his own opinion on the stuff he's linking us to, WHY he likes it, WHY he thinks it's worthwhile, etc. Not just slap a link and an "it's brilliant!" on it. But again, it doesn't really matter what I think... as I explained.

Your other questions I already answered in the rest of the thread that you didn't feel like reading.

--Jack

What do you mean by " I want him to shut up,but not entirely"?:naughty: you either want him to shut up or not.

That would probably mean that he ought to fullfill some of your expectations,and I get your point,but we ALL want him to fullfill some of our expectations,don't we - you,about drinking tea - and me,about Picasso or Hitchcock,for example.

And who is right? Actually,no one. It's because I accept it just as an 'experimental' try to communicate with his fans in an unofficial way.

I'm quite sure that he doesn't have much experience with that himself,but at least we should appreciate his efforts to present us some of his everyday and internal life.

Of course he isn't equaly educated and motivated in all topics in his blogs,but he has no pretention to be especially smart or artistic persuasive,but I wouldn't underrate that aspect of his blogs either.

Not particularly because you love the blogs, but you seem to have had a personality transplant sometimes, but then I see you again.....

oh , wow, thank you very much, call me retard

...i think that you dont like me when im being nice and fair, which is half of my personality...oh and someone here just suggested that i was passive aggressive, i dont know, but you all agree about my personality disorder, thats a start. glorious start. i could feel shocked you know.

I must be a fangurl then; I have to admit I'd be pretty happy with that. :naughty:

Me too. :roftl:

Mika and I have nothing in common. I just want to see those dimples.

But if he wants to get serious about blogging and creating an ezine then the content should not be entirely aimed at fangurls. And I definitely don't want to see him maintaining his media image facade because some of the layers underneath may turn them off.

I think he should do his once a week or twice a month blog that is aimed at fans who want to know what he's working on or see a video of him being cute or whatever, and the rest can be totally self-indulgent. Self-indulgence is why most people blog and he should be able to enjoy it like everyone else does and not have it be such a work-related chore.

We are all capable of picking and choosing what we find most interesting. I admit I am compelled to keep up with the feed to see what he's blogging about, but I didn't waste even 2 seconds of my life watching a Wonderpets video (well, except Ingie's video! :naughty:). Anyone who doesn't like that sort of thing but watched it anyway because Mika told them to, is a fool. :roftl:

I'm a bit puzzled. So are we all saying that Mika should be blogging for himself or using it as a marketing tool?

Oh and about the Wonderpets thing? I didn't go and look it up, cos it didn't really interest me, but I popped into the Oldlings and they were all going on about "This is sewious" and that got me curious. So I went and looked... God help me! My 3yr old saw it and loved it. We frequently break out into "The phone. The phone is ringing!" etc etc. And it just cracks me up. Particularly since her voice is pitched perfectly to be the duck.

Maybe no one but the hard core fans who surround him now will ever be interested in Mika's musings. I don't know. But I think he could use it to pull a lot more fans into his world. Fans who may relate to him more than some of his current hard core fans do. People who are more open to him changing and evolving and don't have an attack of the vapours at the suggestion that he is not a sweet, innocent, kind and perfect child 100% of the time.

I think I'm also getting confused between hard core and fangurl. Are you saying that the hard core ones ARE fangurls, or that there are people who are hard core and others who are fangurls? My head is spinning a bit trying to work it out.

The other thing is, sometimes it takes time to come to grips with the loss of illusions. When I first joined this place, I'd only seen so much of Mika. The controlled media image. The first time I heard him swear I was shocked.:roftl:

I've gradually been modifying how I see him and slowly been removing him from the pedestal I'd put him on. I guess what I'm saying is that his fans are also evolving, but some are doing it slower than others and newer fans are less likely to be at the same place that people who've been on the Mika ride for a while are. So the people who do think that Mika is a sweet, innocent, kind and perfect child 100% of the time, may not permanently stay that way. Some may still have vapours, not everyone will get over themselves, but some of us are changing!

Pam, what are you seeing in Wonderpets? I'm hooked, and would like an explanation better than my current ones- peppily optimistic plots, a very cute duckling, and 25 mins avoiding work

Where are you finding 25 mins worth? I'm struggling to find complete episodes amid all the parodies, and toddler and I both get frustrated.

I agree.

They profess their undying love for Mika, call themselves "real" fans because they don't criticize Mika like us horrible people...and they are the first ones to start a goodbye thread and announce that they're over him.

I have to admit that I've chuckled quietly to myself from time to time, when someone who's username professes their undying love for Mika "4eva", says they're leaving cos they're over him.

Does that make me mean?:naughty:

I have to agree with you Bab. Pam, I find you an enigma.

I'm a bit puzzled. So are we all saying that Mika should be blogging for himself or using it as a marketing tool?

Both. Mika has a track record of doing his own weird and wonderful thing and turning it into a success. He should be doing what he wants so he'll attract and be able to market to the kind of audience that he wants.

And the kind of audience he wants to attract and market to isn't necessarily us. First of all he is preaching to the choir and secondly we are a fraction of a fraction of his potential audience.

I think I'm also getting confused between hard core and fangurl. Are you saying that the hard core ones ARE fangurls, or that there are people who are hard core and others who are fangurls? My head is spinning a bit trying to work it out.

The hardcore fans are at minimum the 500 or so people who are commenting on his blog every day, posting on Mika forums, going to as many gigs as they can, etc. Some of them are fangurls, some of them aren't.

Although as Jack and I admitted, probably most of us would enjoy the fangurly stuff that involves Mika just acting cute, even if we're not responding with dozens of hearts on his blog and begging him to come to Toronto or NYC.

The other thing is, sometimes it takes time to come to grips with the loss of illusions. When I first joined this place, I'd only seen so much of Mika. The controlled media image. The first time I heard him swear I was shocked.:roftl:

The first time I heard him swear was just about the first time I heard him talk because I don't think I'd watched any interviews before I went to a gig (where he swore).

I thought I was pretty realistic in my perceptions of Mika but the blogs have surprised me a bit. Most of it is stuff I knew intellectually, but being confronted with it on a daily basis has definitely forced me to make a mental adjustment.

Both. Mika has a track record of doing his own weird and wonderful thing and turning it into a success. He should be doing what he wants so he'll attract and be able to market to the kind of audience that he wants.

And the kind of audience he wants to attract and market to isn't necessarily us. First of all he is preaching to the choir and secondly we are a fraction of a fraction of his potential audience.

Sometimes the choir are backsliders and sinners who need preaching to!:mf_rosetinted:

Actually, I was doing the dishes and had some more thoughts... (God I find dishes boring. Some of my best thinking comes doing the dishes.)

If you sat down and crunched the numbers regarding Mika fans, what would his demographic turn out to be? I wonder if he knows it, if it impacts on him, if he has a target audience (now that he's had one successful album) and how well his current demographic and target audience match up?

The hardcore fans are at minimum the 500 or so people who are commenting on his blog every day, posting on Mika forums, going to as many gigs as they can, etc. Some of them are fangurls, some of them aren't.

Although as Jack and I admitted, probably most of us would enjoy the fangurly stuff that involves Mika just acting cute, even if we're not responding with dozens of hearts on his blog and begging him to come to Toronto or NYC.

Phew! OK, I can rest easy then. I'm definitely not hardcore. (I'm having mental images of Jack Black in School of Rock every time I write "hardcore" hehe.)

I don't comment on every blog, I don't go to gigs. (This is where the truth stops.)

I don't purchase merchandising (as opposed to the album. Oh and the singles. Oh and the DVD. Oh and the piano book... Hmmm, maybe I have a little bit of merchandising). I don't post on Mika forums, this is a cooking forum where you lot all just seem to have an obsession with this Mika fellow. I've never commented on his myspace asking him to come to my country (*waits for the bolt of lightening out of the heavens that surely comes to all who tell such bald-faced lies*) I've never written a song for Mika. I've never written a letter to Mika. I've never asked for money from my parents for my birthday to put aside for a gig when Mika finally comes here. I've never contemplated flying to the other side of the world to see Mika cos he can't seem to get himself back to Australia. I've never tried to learn a new musical instrument because of Mika.

I could continue, but it would only further serve to illustrate how glad I am to NOT be hardcore. (And there are no pink sunnies here, I'm deadly serious!)

Sometimes the choir are backsliders and sinners who need preaching to!:mf_rosetinted:

Actually, I was doing the dishes and had some more thoughts... (God I find dishes boring. Some of my best thinking comes doing the dishes.)

If you sat down and crunched the numbers regarding Mika fans, what would his demographic turn out to be? I wonder if he knows it, if it impacts on him, if he has a target audience (now that he's had one successful album) and how well his current demographic and target audience match up?

Phew! OK, I can rest easy then. I'm definitely not hardcore. (I'm having mental images of Jack Black in School of Rock every time I write "hardcore" hehe.)

I don't comment on every blog, I don't go to gigs. (This is where the truth stops.)

I don't purchase merchandising (as opposed to the album. Oh and the singles. Oh and the DVD. Oh and the piano book... Hmmm, maybe I have a little bit of merchandising). I don't post on Mika forums, this is a cooking forum where you lot all just seem to have an obsession with this Mika fellow. I've never commented on his myspace asking him to come to my country (*waits for the bolt of lightening out of the heavens that surely comes to all who tell such bald-faced lies*) I've never written a song for Mika. I've never written a letter to Mika. I've never asked for money from my parents for my birthday to put aside for a gig when Mika finally comes here. I've never contemplated flying to the other side of the world to see Mika cos he can't seem to get himself back to Australia. I've never tried to learn a new musical instrument because of Mika.

I could continue, but it would only further serve to illustrate how glad I am to NOT be hardcore. (And there are no pink sunnies here, I'm deadly serious!)

You are so funny, Chickadee!:roftl:

You’re doing a lot of creative thinking while doing the dishes, and that’s a good thing.

When you have a toddler it’s usually hard to get the time to even finish a thought of your own.

I have a dishwasher so I’m doing my thinking when I’m ironing instead.

Hard core fan??? What is it really???:blink:

I recognize everything about the Mika stuff you have and not have, but I do have a little card from the art exhibition and the year book 2007 too, thought it could be a great memory from this place, MFC!

But, isn’t it to be a hard core fan to be travelling to his gigs, appreciate meet and greets, even if I don’t have anything special to talk to him about it’s nice to have the opportunity to say hello anyway.:wink2:

Isn’t even spending time on this forum and reading the much-disputed blogs a distinction of being a hard core fan?

(I have stopped writing comments to the blogs though, can't see the meaning to be one of 5-600 comments :shocked:and I can't imagine him to be reading them, I have tried myself and it's so boring!)

But a hard core fan....I really thought I was one….:bleh::naughty:

For the record, I am a hardcore fangurl. (assuming they aren't mutually exclusive!)

No question about that.

Even though I have only been to 2 gigs, it is only geography(and money and three kids) that have prevented me going to more.

I cannot even begin to list the things I have done/bought/learnt and the people I have met and fun I have had since going hardcore.:naughty:

Love it.:wub2:

I thought I was pretty realistic in my perceptions of Mika but the blogs have surprised me a bit. Most of it is stuff I knew intellectually, but being confronted with it on a daily basis has definitely forced me to make a mental adjustment.

I'm really curious as to what perceptions of yours have been affected?

(I'm sorry if you've already said earlier in this thread Christine, but as you

know I'm technically on holiday, so I haven't read the entire thread :wink2: so just point me to a page...)

For the record, I am a hardcore fangurl. (assuming they aren't mutually exclusive!)

No question about that.

Even though I have only been to 2 gigs, it is only geography(and money and three kids) that have prevented me going to more.

I cannot even begin to list the things I have done/bought/learnt and the people I have met and fun I have had since going hardcore.:naughty:

Awww... Blue Sky! I'm in violent agreement with you! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

No question about that.

Haha !!! I'm right there with you too Blue Sky !!! :naughty::thumb_yello::wub2:

I wouldn't say i'm "tired" of Mika. I just miss how fresh and exciting everything used to be with him when LiCM was new, and he would update the blog like you guys were talking about. And i know what you mean about the Vlogs, they can be a little annoying to watch sometimes. I just kinda wanna say, ok we get it, life is good, NOW GET IN THE STUDIO and get that new record out!! I think things will be better once the new CD comes out and we can all start looking forward to gigs again and learning words to new songs and ahh i'm excited. But for right now, i'd say maybe "bored" instead of "tired" of Mika.

I'm really curious as to what perceptions of yours have been affected?

I'll have to give you the details in private because I wouldn't want to be accused of being mean to our poor baby Meeks, but suffice it to say I used to think of Mika as my peer in some respects and now I do not.

I really need another gig soon-ish. :emot-sad:

Does that make me a fangurl? :tears:?

I need another gig to be a fangurl. I am 6 months off my last gig (as of today as it happens) and I'm just not feeling it anymore. There was a bit of excitement around Paris, being able to listen to the first couple of songs live and the novelty of the new set, etc. But generally his performances halfway around the world do not cut it for me.

I need another gig to be a fangurl. I am 6 months off my last gig (as of today as it happens) and I'm just not feeling it anymore. There was a bit of excitement around Paris, being able to listen to the first couple of songs live and the novelty of the new set, etc. But generally his performances halfway around the world do not cut it for me.

I thought I didn't feel it quite so much anymore before Brixton :roftl:.. and then before Amsterdam... :roftl: but I guess I have to accept that I'm rather hopeless when it comes to a Mika on a stage and myself in front of it :kaf:

And I even think if one day I could make it to a small-ish/secret/acoustic gig of his (well, I think I could do without the 'secret' and if necessary even without the 'acoustic' part, yet the small-ish is mandatory), the fangurl period might last for a few years... :wub2:

I can't say I'm tired or bored of Mika, but I can't wait for the second album. It will be a blast!! I'm still listening to LICM EVERYDAY. I know, I know. I'm certifiably obsessed. I should have the username of mikaobsessed, but it's already taken. About his blog, I like seeing where he is and what he's doing. It's like spending time with him. Anyway, it was nice chatting and, yes, it would be nice if he would have tea with us. Later,

And I even think if one day I could make it to a small-ish/secret/acoustic gig of his (well, I think I could do without the 'secret' and if necessary even without the 'acoustic' part, yet the small-ish is mandatory), the fangurl period might last for a few years... :wub2:

I saw the small gig and a rather acoustic one since it was his first attempt at Holy Johnny and he sang Over My Shoulder and Everybody's Talkin'. Unfortunately the high doesn't last forever.

If Mika spends the next year or two just playing Canada, Australia and Argentina you might find your fangurlishness waning. I definitely need a booster shot once in awhile and cannot live on the fumes of my Mod Club gig in March 2007. :naughty:

I saw the small gig and a rather acoustic one since it was his first attempt at Holy Johnny and he sang Over My Shoulder and Everybody's Talkin'. Unfortunately the high doesn't last forever.

If Mika spends the next year or two just playing Canada, Australia and Argentina you might find your fangurlishness waning. I definitely need a booster shot once in awhile and cannot live on the fumes of my Mod Club gig in March 2007. :naughty:

But in the future everytime you come across him, you can shout at him 'I saw you at the Mod Club!' :blush-anim-cl::roftl:.. and nobody can take this away from you :wub2::lmfao:

Yes, I know you wouldn't do such a thing. But isn't it good to know you could? :naughty:

But in the future everytime you come across him, you can shout at him 'I saw you at the Mod Club!'

:roftl: No, that is Suzy's job!

(I was just watching this a couple of hours ago. It still cracks me up!)