Who else is tired of Mika?

JackViolet

Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?

• Yes, and he should use his birthday tea set!
    • Yes, and he should use the musical tea-cup Jack so thoughtfully gave him in Philadelphia
    • Yes, and he should have a tea party with his sisters and Andy
    • Yes, and he should do all of the above
    • No, because I hate all things Mika and tea-related.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've wondered for some time if his public facade wasn't more about being wary of members of the media than trying to project a certain image for fans. During some interviews he seems infinitely more comfortable and silly than in others and I think he trusts his fans even moreso than a good interviewer. There are a few people who call Mika to task when they think he's faltering, but let's face it, we coddle him like a baby 99% of the time. He is safe on his blog and MFC, even in a thread like this.

Of course he is Christine. Even from people like me. Some people can't see beyond the end of their noses and we wouldn't be here if we didn't like him. It doesn't mean we have to like everything he does though, or that we shouldn't say so.

I am sure if Mika ever reads any of this he knows that.

I'm also pretty sure he doesn't want an army of yes men as his fans.

Yes I truly believe that. And if I discover I'm wrong about that, that is the day that I will truly go off Mika because it means he's not the person I think he is. I give him enough credit to think that he is not so insecure and egomaniacal that he only wants to hear from people who praise him incessantly and unconditionally. If your praise is offered without condition, then it doesn't hold any value. It's just empty words.

I can't help but notice the difference between this pre-birthday period where he was checking in a couple of times a day and last year's where people were angry with him and wondering WTF was going on.

Yes, it's been a completely different atmosphere around here -- like you

say, not so many people angry and perplexed... at least not with Mika

:wink2:

I think it's important that he's staying in touch with his fans and they are responding positively to his attention.

Yes, and likewise he's responding positively to the positive responses --

I think that's clear or else there wouldn't be so many blogs so often.

It's a mutual admiration society, it seems :thumb_yello:

I'd love a video blog of him reading the MFC and making comments to our ridiculous comments. :naughty:

What a great idea, Suzy! I would love that, as well!

I don't think I'll ever be sick of him...how weird.:blink:

Call me weird, too, then. If it hasn't happened yet, I don't think it ever

will... :blush-anim-cl:

dcdeb

I got tired of him long ago.. lol, I don't check the blog too often... I'm just waiting for new music, that's all I ask for :naughty: His music is great, so it's all I want, though it's nice to see what his up too once in a while.

new blog!

:doh: sorry wrong thread:mf_rosetinted:

*just reading through these comments* haha :roftl: nice dilek. i think it was the perfect blog to discuss the mika blogs, and there being a new one. even tho this thread was suppost to be anti mika blogs. :mf_rosetinted: i dont like anti stuff tho. good way to change the topic. now im just rambling. lol! :roftl::roftl:

and as for mentioning the MFC .... he seems to like to pretend we dont exist.

I do believe he's mentioned the MFC a few times before...and some of the members here are hard to miss. :naughty:

I'd love a video blog of him reading the MFC and making comments to our ridiculous comments. :naughty:

Now that would be a good one!!

Forget about the tea and the mugs, that could be considered like an imposition/obligation/expectation, like last year's "Thank You for the present" blog, which to me sounded a bit defensive and like he thought that he was supposed to be saying it, but he didn't really want to...

Of course he is Christine. Even from people like me. Some people can't see beyond the end of their noses and we wouldn't be here if we didn't like him. It doesn't mean we have to like everything he does though, or that we shouldn't say so.

I am sure if Mika ever reads any of this he knows that.

Yes I truly believe that. And if I discover I'm wrong about that, that is the day that I will truly go off Mika because it means he's not the person I think he is. I give him enough credit to think that he is not so insecure and egomaniacal that he only wants to hear from people who praise him incessantly and unconditionally. If your praise is offered without condition, then it doesn't hold any value. It's just empty words.

Not sure why I bolded this, as I ended up with 99percent of bold text :roftl:.

I agree with this so much!

To me, Mika should post a blog when he feels like doing so.

I don't even think that he should have a set rythm, like daily, weekly, etc...I honestly would feel happiest if I knew that we don't know when there's a blog coming, he doesn't know it in advance either, and it just happens spontaneously when he feels like doing it.

Regarding being tired of them and all this talk...well, I can't say that I tire of them, at all.

Some I like more than others, some I just don't get, but in general I am ok with anything being there. He has such a diverse audience, that it's natural that not everyone will like them all or the same ones.

Heck that's just reality.

The important thing here for me is the fact that he's being so natural in them, and presenting this image of himself that seems quite unprepared and "like himself" if that makes any sense.....And that is what makes them precious for me.

Like some have said, it's refreshing and cute and nice to finally see Mika dropping a lot of his barriers when it comes to public image, and just presenting himself there as he is. I love it.

And of course I have to wholeheartedly agree with Bab and Christine above, when they say that they hope that Mika actually likes some constructive criticism, and that he doesn't subscribe to the empty unconditional love no matter what .

I've said many times that if I was an artist, I'd love to have fans like myself: someone who loves the artist, but is not afraid to tell it as they see it, and will not accept or like anything just because this particular person does it.

H's not a god, and we can't treat him like one, that is pointless. Plus, if he really wants to make it, I think that he should listen to the often very valuable feedback that some people give him here.

To me, Mika should post a blog when he feels like doing so.

I don't even think that he should have a set rythm, like daily, weekly, etc...I honestly would feel happiest if I knew that we don't know when there's a blog coming, he doesn't know it in advance either, and it just happens spontaneously when he feels like doing it.

Regarding being tired of them and all this talk...well, I can't say that I tire of them, at all.

Some I like more than others, some I just don't get, but in general I am ok with anything being there. He has such a diverse audience, that it's natural that not everyone will like them all or the same ones.

Heck that's just reality.

I have to agree about not wanting a routine to the blogs - accountants do things daily/weekly/monthly/yearly and it's very dull (I'm an accountant so I know!:naughty:)

I dont think Mika can ever please all his fans - we all want different things. So the best thing he can do is please himself. It's early days for this blogging, so he may be experimenting and he will probably improve with experience.

I like the variety - it doesn't take as long to keep up with the blogs as it does to keep up with MFC. So far I've enjoyed the vlogs, the kinetic art and the Wonderpets (a happy hour was spent on YouTube checking them out - they made me laugh)

I definitely want a tea blog, I love all kinds of tea!:thumb_yello:

it doesn't take as long to keep up with the blogs as it does to keep up with MFC.

now you mentioned that!

so true!!!

i can keep up with the blogs but not with the new threads on here:roftl:(+ i don't have a life:naughty:)

*goes to start "who else is tired of MFC"thread:mf_rosetinted:*

Now that would be a good one!!

Forget about the tea and the mugs, that could be considered like an imposition/obligation/expectation, like last year's "Thank You for the present" blog, which to me sounded a bit defensive and like he thought that he was supposed to be saying it, but he didn't really want to...

Yeah, I was worried it may come out like that... But I don't care if he uses he tea set or not, that was just included for fun. I just think a vblog about tea-making could be fun.

Although I like the idea of reading and responding to MFC comments as well. :thumb_yello: So if he does either I'll do my happy-Mika thread.

--Jack

Oh boy.:rolls_eyes:

Jack, you do like to tell it like it is and I like that about you.

Mika - I hope your feelings aren't hurt. Jack is truly lovely, but she's always speaking her mind. She's sincere though. :rolls_eyes:

Wouldn't you rather have a diverse range of fans? :naughty:

If Mika's feeling are hurt because I'm being silly, well... I would be sad, but also surprised 'cause I'd think he was more thick-skinned than that. Especially since being bored by blogs hardly seems like a huge thing to me. :naughty: I love my cousin for instance, and she's one of my favorite people ever, but she also blogs a lot and I tell her all the time that I can't be bothered to read her blogs. She likewise tells me she couldn't care less about some of the things I write about! We get along super.

And anyway, I have expressed my admiration for Mika on various fronts more than repeatedly. I just like to have a bit of fun and commotion with my threads. :naughty:

--Jack

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

...my big worry is the no win sitch he seems to be in.

If he egnores "our" requests to make more vblogs/make less vblogs/make specific vblogs...........the punishment for not doing so becomes...we won't like him anymore or at the very least won't support him/buy his products/etc.

If he does what he's told, he becomes our puppet. ("Do a vblog topless Mika"....."Do one standing on one leg whilst rubbing your stomach and patting your head"...."do one..." etc) You get my point.

I don't like either option.................so I think he should do as he pleases.

As for not mentioning the MFC.........we are such a small percentage of his fanbase that he would risk alienating the none MFCr's if he spoke of us as if we were his fanbase. The blog (and page when it's ready) is for all of his fans.......not just us lot who think we are special!! :naughty:

Of course, I like to think that he knows us all by name...understands each of our quirks/humour/veiwpoint on all subjects Mika related....but I suspect he doesn't!! :roftl:

He's too busy having the time of his life and, quite rightly so, doesn't have to give a damn about any of our nonsense on here!

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

...my big worry is the no win sitch he seems to be in.

If he egnores "our" requests to make more vblogs/make less vblogs/make specific vblogs...........the punishment for not doing so becomes...we won't like him anymore or at the very least won't support him/buy his products/etc.

I certainly will continue to support him whether he takes me up on my silly requests or not. :bleh:

--Jack

Hahaha, that's adorable. :thumb_yello: See Mika, the people have spoken: they want to see you tea-blogging!!

(Not to be confused with tea-b--ging, which is something different altogether and let's pretend I never mentioned it.)

--Jack

Oh Jack, Oh Jack! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

We must get more people into this thread to pledge support for the tea-time show-and-tell idea.

41o-y6VFkwL._SL210_.jpg

--Jack

Haven't read the whole thread yet, just had to post on this pic....

My 3 yr old has that tea set. The lid plays "I'm a little teapot".

OK, now back to your regular scheduled programming....

too much randomness kills the randomness... it's not random anymore as he seems (according to what you all say as i don't follow the blog thing) to be posting anything but EVERYDAY (or so, we're not calculating here)... it's not random anymore, it's like a "due"...

i agree with Jack, not because it's Jack, but because i do think he could make the blog thing something interesting in its basic sense : something that brings INTEREST, or curiosity like in "i wonder IF mika posted something today and WHAT could it be about ?", not as in "oh man... what AGAIN has he found and posted ?"

as far as i'm concerned since i didn't read the whole thread, don't like tea, don't watch his blogs...

I know what you're saying Jack. Personally I like some of the blogs cause it kinda shows bits of his personality and like he said it does seem like his own little online scrapbook. I don't mind them cause they sure seem to make a lot of fans happy to know what he's up to. But I see what you mean by saying it kinda takes away from the excitement of something new randomly. But I feel like that's like a lose lose situation anyway cause like some said all ready if he doesn't post people complain and want to know what he's up anyway. With that I said I def. don't read or watch all the stuff he puts up if it doesn't catch my attention either. That kind surprises me though because about a year ago I probably would have been all over his blog site. But there are some blogs that I really do like as well. I think I might be kinda neutral if not a tad bit for the blogs because some things really interest me.

Haha...there's my long thought process of what went through my brain when I saw this thread.

Glass of wine sure makes you think a lot before you go to bed :naughty: