Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I gave the DVD to my friend for Christmas. She really enjoyed it, but she said her cats were unhappy with it. I asked the whole thing or one song in particular? She said, well a few songs, but especially Rain. One cat's ears flared back and another came running from another room.

Now why doesn't that surprise me? :lmao:

So I gave the DVD to my friend for Christmas. She really enjoyed it, but she said her cats were unhappy with it. I asked the whole thing or one song in particular? She said, well a few songs, but especially Rain. One cat's ears flared back and another came running from another room.

lololol :naughty:

*wipes away tears of laughter* :lmfao:

I think they should have ended the show with "Over My Shoulder (Rave)".

Yes! I would want to see this! Seriously. :roftl:

Sorry if it's been discussed already, but does anyone know where those remixes they play in the background of some parts of the documentary are from?:mf_lustslow:

I'm usually not a big fan of remixes, but I really like those...:wub2:

If you watch

I figured out earlier in the thread that the first Relax, Take It Easy clip/sample (before they show him going onstage) is taken from the start of the Dennis Christopher remix of Relax, Take It Easy, after that is played a sample from the Rave mix of Relax, Take It Easy from the gig itself then a bit from the Ashley Beedle Castro remix of Relax, Take It Easy, then a bit from the Moto Blanco remix of Love Today. That might help you identify the remixes in the documentary because they play them in it. Edited by SuperTwat

If you watch

I figured out earlier in the thread that the first Relax, Take It Easy clip/sample (before they show him going onstage) is taken from the start of the Dennis Christopher remix of Relax, Take It Easy, after that is played a sample from the Rave mix of Relax, Take It Easy from the gig itself then a bit from the Ashley Beedle Castro remix of Relax, Take It Easy, then a bit from the Moto Blanco remix of Love Today. That might help you identify the remixes in the documentary because they play them in it.

Okay, great! Thanks so much identifying them for me!! :biggrin2:

If you watch

I figured out earlier in the thread that the first Relax, Take It Easy clip/sample (before they show him going onstage) is taken from the start of the Dennis Christopher remix of Relax, Take It Easy, after that is played a sample from the Rave mix of Relax, Take It Easy from the gig itself then a bit from the Ashley Beedle Castro remix of Relax, Take It Easy, then a bit from the Moto Blanco remix of Love Today. That might help you identify the remixes in the documentary because they play them in it.

Your knowledge of all the Mika remixes always amazes me :naughty:

Your knowledge of all the Mika remixes always amazes me :naughty:

According to my iTunes I have 34 Mika remixes. I'm just generally a remix junkie. :naughty:

There was also a Grace Kelly remix that I really liked. Anyone happen to know who that one's from?

If it's on the single, then you can just tell me that. I haven't gotten around to getting that one yet...:boxed:

Bad fan. :rolls_eyes:

Maybe this'll help identify the Grace Kelly remix you're after:

Bimbo Jones remix: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=DxoJaFHRCGQ

Pull Tiger Tail remix: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=kb8daz2r9Jc

Tom Neville remix: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi_uGaRKT0E

Linus Loves remix: http://www.last.fm/music/Mika/_/Grace+Kelly+(Linus+Loves+Full+Vocal+Remix) (plays a 30 second preview in the black player on the right)

Sorry if it's been discussed already, but does anyone know where those remixes they play in the background of some parts of the documentary are from?:mf_lustslow:

I'm usually not a big fan of remixes, but I really like those...:wub2:

Aren't they great?! :blush-anim-cl:

I already downloaded some nice ones, I don't think I have all from the dvd though...

itunes should have them :wink2:

There is one I think it's a Happy Ending one where it goes "I feel as if I'm wasted" over and over...I might go look for that one sometime.

Well, I have just watched the DVD for the first time today..Santa brought it (after a fashion - let's not go there :sneaky2:).

I thought the show was great. I hadn't got my hopes too high as I knew it was going to be more or less the same music as always..and like everyone else I am really feeling the need for new Mika material - and if I'm honest I was slightly wary of the idea of all the costumes, clowns, gimmicks etc etc...I worried it might be too much.

However I have to say, BOY DONE GOOD :roftl:: it was fab!

I thought in general, with one or two dodgy notes here and there but whatever :naughty:, his voice sounded great, too. Or maybe I had just forgotten how good a singer he is, as I have fallen by the Mikawayside somewhat this past year and haven't listened to him much...well Thank You Mika for reminding me why I love you :wub2:

9/10

Well, I have just watched the DVD for the first time today..Santa brought it (after a fashion - let's not go there :sneaky2:).

I thought the show was great. I hadn't got my hopes too high as I knew it was going to be more or less the same music as always..and like everyone else I am really feeling the need for new Mika material - and if I'm honest I was slightly wary of the idea of all the costumes, clowns, gimmicks etc etc...I worried it might be too much.

However I have to say, BOY DONE GOOD :roftl:: it was fab!

I thought in general, with one or two dodgy notes here and there but whatever :naughty:, his voice sounded great, too. Or maybe I had just forgotten how good a singer he is, as I have fallen by the Mikawayside somewhat this past year and haven't listened to him much...well Thank You Mika for reminding me why I love you :wub2:

9/10

Did you like Holy Johnny? I think it's a great one in that show :wub2:

There is one I think it's a Happy Ending one where it goes "I feel as if I'm wasted" over and over...I might go look for that one sometime.

Yep, it's "This Time Of Night" remix of Happy Ending, used in the DVD documentary. I really like that one. :thumb_yello:

Billy Brown sounds like a lost Beatles track to me. Not some blatant rip off like Oasis but the real deal in the same way Amy Winehouse sounds like an actual 70s soul singer and not just some second rate wannabe. Mika has the same talent for throwing together a great melody and slightly odd topics and tossing in some violins and trombones while he's at it.

Whether you like the Beatles or not there's no denying it was a long road from She Loves You Yeah Yeah Yeah to Let It Be. And I really hope in a few years time we will be hearing a lot less Rain Rain Rain.

I have just begun to properly listen to the Beatles recently, as in, to their albums not just the odd song...and I am amazed at just how much Mika I hear and feel in them..maybe that should be the other way around, but whatever.

I am hooked on the Sgt Pepper album at the moment and all I can think when I listen to it is, I hope Mika produces something like this one day. Not a copy of it, but something that is intensely melodic and musical, quirky, imperfect (all the best albums are!!) poppy yet also progressive, conceptual, varied, and stands the test of time.

A lot to ask I know, but who knows??

When the four of them were together something amazing happened. Whether people like the music or not, you can't deny they changed music history with their 3 chord jingles.

No doubt about that at all.

Hmmmm....that is an interesting pov...I may give the boys a fresh look then, who knows.

I'm sure that I will never be a fan, but I may like them a bit more than up to now :naughty:

sariflor..up until a few weeks ago I would have tended to agree with you on the overrated thing. Then my kids (yes, my kids!!) got me into them and all I can say is..believe the hype. Yes even Paul :naughty: I don't much like his solo stuff either and I hate Wings, but he WORKED as part of the Beatles. IMO anyway.

Give them a whirl :naughty:

lololol :naughty:

:lmfao: Classic!

Did you like Holy Johnny? I think it's a great one in that show :wub2:

Yes it's probably my favourite bit of the dvd. I'll be a bit heartbroken if it's not on the new album :crybaby:

*sighs* we have this excahnge student from Paris staying with us for a few days, and she WENT TO THE PDP SHOW. !!!!! unfair !! especially as she doesn't even know the first thing about mika and grrr.. ok i'm being mean.. but what i wouldn't have given to go, that would be a short list...

*sighs* we have this excahnge student from Paris staying with us for a few days, and she WENT TO THE PDP SHOW. !!!!! unfair !! especially as she doesn't even know the first thing about mika and grrr.. ok i'm being mean.. but what i wouldn't have given to go, that would be a short list...

slap her :mf_rosetinted: at least you will feel better :naughty:

i don't think i can work up the nerve.. i'll go to my room and cry that life is unfair instead.

Oh no!:shocked:

Sometimes life is really unfair!:thumbdown:

But wait a sec....exchange student...does that mean you are being exchanged to France?

You know...France...close to England...Europe... gigs???:wink2:

Oh no!:shocked:

Sometimes life is really unfair!:thumbdown:

But wait a sec....exchange student...does that mean you are being exchanged to France?

You know...France...close to England...Europe... gigs???:wink2:

yes. i now have that oppertunity to go on a exchange to europe. But I’m rather scared and I don’t know if I can work up the nerve to go. I can go to Europe or America for one year in 2010 or 2011. If I go, I definitely want to go to Europe, but I’ve heard school is very hard there compared to here, so I’m unsure about the whole thing, doing a lot of umming and aahing..