Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went Archambault to get it and they only had regular...

i found it in my local record store... they had 3

i didn't buy it with the hopes that when i go to future shop, they'd have the deluxe version :sneaky2:

how much was it? it was $21.99 here

i found it in my local record store... they had 3

i didn't buy it with the hopes that when i go to future shop, they'd have the deluxe version :sneaky2:

how much was it? it was $21.99 here

The deluxe version is at Future Shop?! :boing:

Or did I read that wrong..? :bleh::naughty:

you read that wrong... i'm just hoping

Ah snap. Oh well. :naughty:

I should get around to have a proper watch of the DVD. :naughty: I got it on Tuesday and watched the performance and part of the documentary, but was wrapping Christmas gifts and writing cards so...yeah, I guess my focus wasn't fully on the DVD. :bleh::lol3::aah:

FINALLY! I bought my copy at HMV (December 16) and I can honestly say that I sold them out. I wish I were in the UK where MIKA is everywhere. I think I must be the only MIKA fan in my part of the world, or so it seems.

What I loved the most about this DVD is that I could see MIKA in a better light, literally. LICM was darker.

The concert was such a feat, with all the effects and acts, and the people, WOW! SPECTACULAR! And all those people to see our beloved MIKA. How proud he must be! I know I am. My daughter asked if I would cry should I ever see him live in concert (godwilling) and I said I would.:blush-anim-cl: I can't imagine ever being in the same room with him. I WOULD DIE!!!

The fans that got to attend are the luckiest of us all. I like how MIKA HAD to be the one to attend all the meetings and such, and when he said that this way, if anything went wrong, he would only have himself to blame. I can relate to that.

And at the end when he walked into the stadium to see the stage all set up like that. The look on his face was priceless. To see your vision come to life...All I can say is WOW!

What I'm trying to say is WOW! :roftl:

FINALLY! I bought my copy at HMV (December 16) and I can honestly say that I sold them out. I wish I were in the UK where MIKA is everywhere. I think I must be the only MIKA fan in my part of the world, or so it seems.

What I loved the most about this DVD is that I could see MIKA in a better light, literally. LICM was darker.

The concert was such a feat, with all the effects and acts, and the people, WOW! SPECTACULAR! And all those people to see our beloved MIKA. How proud he must be! I know I am. My daughter asked if I would cry should I ever see him live in concert (godwilling) and I said I would.:blush-anim-cl: I can't imagine ever being in the same room with him. I WOULD DIE!!!

The fans that got to attend are the luckiest of us all. I like how MIKA HAD to be the one to attend all the meetings and such, and when he said that this way, if anything went wrong, he would only have himself to blame. I can relate to that.

And at the end when he walked into the stadium to see the stage all set up like that. The look on his face was priceless. To see your vision come to life...All I can say is WOW!

What I'm trying to say is WOW! :roftl:

What a lovely write up! It is great to read everyones views and reading yours makes me realise how truly lcuky we in Europe are. Like most aspects of life, it is easy to take things for granted.............and I am going mad because Mika has not announced any MORE dates yet...........reading your post makes me just feel downright greedy:thumbdown: I really can't imagine never having seen him live.

And you are right..........those of us that were there were very lucky indeed.

I really really hope that you will get to see Mika live before too long:thumb_yello:

Mine just came in the mail and Oh My Geniusssss. I'm on Any Other World, and this has been my favorite part of his live act since I saw it at Dodgy Holiday. Wowwww. And how beautiful is the handbalancing? Reminds me a lot of Modern dance but with more possibilities.

And I love the shot in Any Other World where the camera is set back behind Mika at the piano with his coattails hanging down.

It's all beautiful!!

I cannot believe how humongous this production was, and I don't mean the audience. We saw all the pictures, but the detail is insaaaaannnneeee. The enrgy and everything. Damn! "Relax" scared my cat on the first note. Sure sign of success! I'm sure she's happy she jumped up off the bed at that point and ran.

Big Girl was purrrrfect. The more pale colors on the costumes looked so good! And I'm glad Mika's voice was so on, because when he's tired on tour it usually shows on Big Girl first thing. This was excellent!

Holy Johnny was cute! Charismatic! Loved the end!

Already noted "Any Other World."

And was there an animal on the back of Martin's hat? I couldn't tell. :naughty:

How psychotic did they go for it with "Ring Ring"? I LOVE IT! And I never really liked that song, but I think this version really complimented the lyrics better than the recording. The end was really cool, too!

"Stuck In The Middle" was a bannnnngggg!!! Martin was awesome. Was Mika like, giving a disapproving look during the tap dancing? I thought he was supposed to be? I must've missed that in a second or they didn't really show close on the DVD. Maybe. But his diction was so good on SITM... lovely!

Rain was pretty! But with a better quality look... he seemed a little out of breath. I can't wait for the recording.

My review will continue... :P

The reggae-ish bit on Just Can't Get Enough was so fun!!! I think it really added to the command of the song and the show. Saranayde was a little hard to see with the lighting though, and in the postion she was in. Although, she was literally too big for the stage! So it worked! Haha.

The high notes with Sam at the end of Happy Ending wre a bit much but everyone knows I love tutus and the balloons were cool on the long strings. That also made for a really cool beginning of "Love Today." Go Cherisse!!! And cool shirt during GK!

All in all, I love that the show was so diverse and included so much cluture and ranging energy. I'm gonig to have to watch it many times to pick up on everything. There were some excessive high notes, but why would you want to tame a show like this?

The documentary was cool- Everyone knows I love Kanye West, so yeah. I think this documentary was less ersonal than the last DVD, and more focused on the technicalities of the show.

great reveiw! simple and still not pointing out too much detail. tahnks!

Receiving my parc de princes DVD-

I've waited soooo long for this DVD and what can I say- so worth the wait.

And it is so perfect. My parents are away and on the day of my 15th birthday I was feeling pretty down- I was sick with a cold, the rest of my family forgot my birthday (except for my one of my brothers, who got me a chocolate bar.) on top of that MFC was down, there was no-one on gabbly, there was no-one home. I was totally miserable.

Then the phone rang; it was my dad's secretary. Because I live 16k's out of town post larger than a letter goes to town; we save on postage. She told me that a DVD had arrived for me. :woot_jump: What can I say; I screamed so loud she thought someone had stabbed me. All the driving adults were out and I'm not allowed to drive unaccompanied; so I grabbed my mp3; jumped on my bike (pushbike) and set out for town.

I don't think I've ever biked those 16k's faster before; my heart was singing and so was my mouth; a lot of cows got scared and ran away from the fenceline. I guess that says something about my singing abilities. I went into the middle of the road more than once, but there were no cars, so it's all good.

The ride went well and I made a record time. :lol3: As you come into town there is a busy road with a long slope downhill, I stood up, threw back my arms closed my eyes, and was screamed: EVERYBODYS GONNA LOVE TODAY, LOVE TODAY, I LOVE TODAY!! ( my MP3 was conveniently playing that at that time.) I must have looked like such a total idiot and sounded like one, too. Inevitably, with my eyes closed and no control over my bike, I went flying into a ditch on the side of the road and ended up in a tangle with my bike. My MP3 stopped playing and I freaked out that I had broken it; but fortunately I had just landed on the pause button and it survived.

I got to my dad's office and got the DVD. I screamed and ran around with it, showing it to random irritated people in the shop and bouncing off the walls. Dad's secretary told me to go away because I was scaring the customers. On the trip home I tried to look at the artwork and photos and bike at the same time- until a car swerved around me and for fear of damaging it I put it back in my backpack.

At home I watched it- and I still haven't written a proper review. But theres so many other reviews, who cares? But I LOVE the DVD.

And it is so perfect. My parents are away and on the day of my 15th birthday I was feeling pretty down- I was sick with a cold, the rest of my family forgot my birthday (except for my one of my brothers, who got me a chocolate bar.) on top of that MFC was down, there was no-one on gabbly, there was no-one home. I was totally miserable.

Then the phone rang; it was my dad's secretary. Because I live 16k's out of town post larger than a letter goes to town; we save on postage. She told me that a DVD had arrived for me. :woot_jump: What can I say; I screamed so loud she thought someone had stabbed me. All the driving adults were out and I'm not allowed to drive unaccompanied; so I grabbed my mp3; jumped on my bike (pushbike) and set out for town.

I don't think I've ever biked those 16k's faster before; my heart was singing and so was my mouth; a lot of cows got scared and ran away from the fenceline. I guess that says something about my singing abilities. I went into the middle of the road more than once, but there were no cars, so it's all good.

The ride went well and I made a record time. :lol3: As you come into town there is a busy road with a long slope downhill, I stood up, threw back my arms closed my eyes, and was screamed: EVERYBODYS GONNA LOVE TODAY, LOVE TODAY, I LOVE TODAY!! ( my MP3 was conveniently playing that at that time.) I must have looked like such a total idiot and sounded like one, too. Inevitably, with my eyes closed and no control over my bike, I went flying into a ditch on the side of the road and ended up in a tangle with my bike. My MP3 stopped playing and I freaked out that I had broken it; but fortunately I had just landed on the pause button and it survived.

I got to my dad's office and got the DVD. I screamed and ran around with it, showing it to random irritated people in the shop and bouncing off the walls. Dad's secretary told me to go away because I was scaring the customers. On the trip home I tried to look at the artwork and photos and bike at the same time- until a car swerved around me and for fear of damaging it I put it back in my backpack.

At home I watched it- and I still haven't written a proper review. But theres so many other reviews, who cares? But I LOVE the DVD.

That is a great story :thumb_yello: But next time please take care:roftl: we don't want to lose you :bleh:

I believe you forgot the cold through all this adventures to get the DVD?:roftl:

That was a really funny story… the things we go through for Mika!:naughty:

Can’t wait to hear how you liked it!

And please don’t risk your life another time, I agree with Naectegale we don’t want to loose you, this place wouldn’t be as funny without your posts girl!:wub2:

YAY I'm so happy for you! please be careful LOLOL

(I'll try and keep it short) :naughty:

After nearly a week of owning the DVD, this afternoon I finally got a proper watch of it.

First of all...holy visually delicious! And WOW was there a lot of people. :shocked:

I thought the concert was very well done and I quite enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the songs where Mika was stationed at his paino. The two highlight songs for me were "Any Other World" and "Happy Ending"...I got goosebumps. Mika and Cherisse's "drum off" was great. :naughty: Everything looked amazing: from the large clown stage to the big inflatables to the Big Girls costumes to Mika's "intro" jacket (I lurve shiny things :naughty:) and the like, so all of the hard work had definately paid off.

I agree with what's been said, in the sense that the crowd's volume was a bit quiet at times (but it was okay).

I heart the documentary- seeing how everything was put together was super interesting.

- Mika + scooter = fantastic.

- I loved the part when Mika saw all of his trucks...he was so excited. :biggrin2:

- I laughed at the part when Mika was saying how he didn't speak before the show and he had to order breakfest at a posh French hotel...:lol3:

- The way it ended, with Mika taking a deep breath and then bursting out on stage...aahhh, so fantastic. I was thinking that the performance portion of the DVD could have been started that way (with the camera behind Mika showing him entering the stage).

* Yasmine: art is great. Fantastic job.

* Es Devlin: love what you did.

* Matthew Williamson: that jacket you made Mika was so great.

* Christian Louboutin: I LOVE the shoes you made Mika, they are brilliant.

Overall, I was impressed and think that it was definately worth my money and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. Both the performance and documentary were well done. A gigantic kudos goes out to every single person who put in work into the PDP show, it was amazing.

I know I've probably missed stuff but 1) I don't think you care and 2) I think I've typed enough already. I could definately add more if you want...haha

I know I've probably missed stuff but 1) I don't think you care and 2) I think I've typed enough already. I could definately add more if you want...haha

No I enjoyed your review and a lot of these latter ones. I think people who haven't seen as many gigs have a lot more enthusiasm and a better appreciation for watching the DVD. Some of us have been a bit spoiled by our live experiences and it's nice to hear another perspective. :wink2:

No I enjoyed your review and a lot of these latter ones. I think people who haven't seen as many gigs have a lot more enthusiasm and a better appreciation for watching the DVD. Some of us have been a bit spoiled by our live experiences and it's nice to hear another perspective. :wink2:

Thank you Christine. :original:

I shall subscribe to that :naughty::thumb_yello:

so.... Merry Christmas everyone!

under my Christmas tree was a dvd of Mika, Parc des Princes... so, i guess i DID give enough hints on my christmas list (must be the stars that i added next to it!)

i just finished watching the dvd for the first time. this is probably boring for people who have seen it 50 times already.

general opinion: :wub2:

visual concept: :wub2:

atmostphere of the crowd: :punk:

i really like the way the dvd starts and the graphics.

i was very pleasantly surprised by the show. although i'm not sure i would have liked to have been there. it's huge! i think watching it on dvd is perfect for me. (but if i lived close by, i wouldn't have been able to not go anyways)

the sound is great. his voice is excellent, except on "big girl", he sounded out of breath. i think he was very nervous. let's face it, that stage is huge!!! i'm not a fan of the french version of "grace kelly" as i do not like songs that are translated in other languages other then the original it was intended for. although i do realise he did that to please the french crowd and i bet he did. "rain" is lovely, i like the melody... but i'm hoping he comes up with more words for it & of course different vocal arrangements (so he doesn't have to repeat all words himself, if that makes any sense)

i find that there was just enough crowd noise... not too much, but just enough. after all, i'm not there to hear the crowd scream, but to hear mika sing. i didn't quite get the "astronaut" thing, although the kid was cute :wink2: the circus theme/performance were great. i'm not sure my eyes would have been big enough to take in the whole thing at once. (ie watch what the clowns/performers are doing & watching mika at the same time) it sort of reminds me of when i went to see Allegria from cirque du soleil, i didn't have enough eyes to see everything.

the documentary is great. i enjoyed seeing everything he/team mika had to go through to make this show possible. maybe the shoe footage was a little too long for me, but then again, i DO NOT have a foot fetish, even if they are mika's :naughty: it's nice to see how his family stick by his side and help him make his dreams come true. his sister is an amazing artist.

for the bonus footage, i would have much prefered to see his performance of "it got life" instead of "grace kelly". it would have been different. on this dvd, we hear 3 different versions of "grace kelly". don't get me wrong, i love that song and this is the song that made me a mika lover, but 3 times is too many.

being a mika fan, i really enjoyed the dvd and i'm looking forward watching it again and again! (and next time with a rhum & coke!!! :thumb_yello:)

Edited by guylainem123

so.... Merry Christmas everyone!

under my Christmas tree was a dvd of Mika, Parc des Princes... so, i guess i DID give enough hints on my christmas list (must be the stars that i added next to it!)

i just finished watching the dvd for the first time. this is probably boring for people who have seen it 50 times already.

general opinion: :wub2:

visual concept: :wub2:

atmostphere of the crowd: :punk:

i really like the way the dvd starts and the graphics.

i was very pleasantly surprised by the show. although i'm not sure i would have liked to have been there. it's huge! i think watching it on dvd is perfect for me. (but if i lived close by, i wouldn't have been able to not go anyways)

the sound is great. his voice is excellent, except on "big girl", he sounded out of breath. i think he was very nervous. let's face it, that stage is huge!!! i'm not a fan of the french version of "grace kelly" as i do not like songs that are translated in other languages other then the original it was intended for. although i do realise he did that to please the french crowd and i bet he did. "rain" is lovely, i like the melody... but i'm hoping he comes up with more words for it & of course different vocal arrangements (so he doesn't have to repeat all words himself, if that makes any sense)

i find that there was just enough crowd noise... not too much, but just enough. after all, i'm not there to hear the crowd scream, but to hear mika sing. i didn't quite get the "astronaut" thing, although the kid was cute the circus theme/performance were great. i'm not sure my eyes would have been big enough to take in the whole thing at once. (ie watch what the clowns/performers are doing & watching mika at the same time) it sort of reminds me of when i went to see Allegria from cirque du soleil, i didn't have enough eyes to see everything.

the documentary is great. i enjoyed seeing everything he/team mika had to go through to make this show possible. maybe the shoe footage was a little too long for me, but then again, i DO NOT have a foot fetish, even if they are mika's :naughty: it's nice to see how his family stick by his side and help him make his dreams come true. his sister is an amazing artist.

for the bonus footage, i would have much prefered to see his performance of "it got life" instead of "grace kelly". it would have been different. on this dvd, we hear 3 different versions of "grace kelly". don't get me wrong, i love that song and this is the song that made me a mika lover, but 3 times is too many.

being a mika fan, i really enjoyed the dvd and i'm looking forward watching it again and again! (and next time with a rhum & coke!!! :thumb_yello:)

Thank you for this positive and interesting report!:wub2:

It sounds like you really had a good time watching it!:thumb_yello: