Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*sighs* we'll have to wait a bit for me to agree- I'm afraid I don't really want to hear a lot of crowd noise on a bought dvd. Enjoyed the YouTubes though.

It’s not “hearing the crowd noise”, but hearing the crowd singing, not screams and hysterical things! I prefer a great voice and music than a noisy crowd, but in this case a little bit more of sound of the people, (in my opinion) it would be much better!

I totally agree.............it gives completely the wrong impression, it just doesn't reflect the reality at all.

Thanks for posting the vids Sari...........wow, happy memories indeed!:mf_lustslow: I think the Relax encore is my favourite track

I completely forgot… thanks for the videos Sariflor!

No problem, glad to be of assistance:naughty: :wink2:

I knew we would finally both agree on something Sariflor! :roftl:

I'm sure that we actually agree on a few more things, just that it's often easeier to find out which things one DISagrees on :roftl:.

*sighs* we'll have to wait a bit for me to agree- I'm afraid I don't really want to hear a lot of crowd noise on a bought dvd. Enjoyed the YouTubes though.

It’s not “hearing the crowd noise”, but hearing the crowd singing, not screams and hysterical things! I prefer a great voice and music than a noisy crowd, but in this case a little bit more of sound of the people, (in my opinion) it would be much better!

Yes, it can be tricky to get the right balance, but it can be achieved (like many live dvd's that come out).....I guess that they just need to put the right amount of noise in at the right imes?

Yes, it can be tricky to get the right balance, but it can be achieved (like many live dvd's that come out).....I guess that they just need to put the right amount of noise in at the right imes?

Yes I agree! Like when Mika asked people to sing... for example in "Any Other World", he seemed a little bit “desperate”, I think he didn’t heard people as well… maybe it will be an effect of post-production and bad capture of the sound in the moment! :blink:

Yes I agree! Like when Mika asked people to sing... for example in "Any Other World", he seemed a little bit “desperate”, I think he didn’t heard people as well… maybe it will be an effect of post-production and bad capture of the sound in the moment! :blink:

Yes I just watched that and it's uncomfortable even when you understand what's really happening. It appears as if he's trying really hard to get people to sing and they're not responding, but in reality he always gets most worked up when he is getting the greatest response.

I don't know if it's bad sound capture. They are probably using an audio feed from the equipment that doesn't pick up much of the audience noise and they add a separate sound from the audience later.

Most of the things that are lacking in this DVD IMO could have been sorted out with better editing.

I did finally watch this in Blu Ray and hi-definition and I have to say it changed my perception of the gig quite a bit. It even sounded better to me.

What is up with the distributors? :blink: The deluxe edition is not available in any store in Australia and it's almost impossible to find a place online that has region 4 or regionless that also ships here. I was about to pay $65 to import it until I found it on Ebay for $45. Not cool. :thumbdown:

Edited by SuperTwat

Twatty I can get Region 9 (which is supposed to be the same as Region 0) copies of the Deluxe DVD here. I can get it for you (and anyone else) and bring it to Melbourne for you. If I get three or more, it is free postage for me, and 25% off the price, making it approx AUD$35 for you per DVD. That's the deluxe one with the book.

Alternatively if you want to wait for the US regular (not deluxe) version, I can get it for AUD$24 after Dec 16.

Edit: On re-reading your post, I see you probably bought the ebay one. I got mine for 1.20pounds plus postage on ebay

I can understand both. I mean, no one wants to listen to a dvd with crowd noise, but it IS a pity you can't hear the crowd, so it sounds as if the crowd was, well, sh*t!:naughty:Especially with the songs the crowd is asked to sing a long with. That's also what kinda surprised me, when I watched it. I was like: Is it just me, or is this crowd really silent?:blink: While I ofcourse knew they weren't.

On the other hand, I kinda like the silence too. Now I can hear Mika better, and the mp3's will turn out nicer than the crowd ones:naughty:

yes, although I'm not a huge fan of crowd noise, there were a couple of places where Mika looked a bit sillly because he seemed to ask for a response and not get it- like on the French GK- when he certainly did.

I've got the blu ray one too- but no player! Interesting that it made such a difference Christine

yes, although I'm not a huge fan of crowd noise, there were a couple of places where Mika looked a bit sillly because he seemed to ask for a response and not get it- like on the French GK- when he certainly did.

I've got the blu ray one too- but no player! Interesting that it made such a difference Christine

Yeah exactly. It sounds kinda weird and actually a bit sad too:naughty:

Wow, no player, that's convenient!:roftl:

i think all french GK thing was silly:lmfao:

IMO:mf_rosetinted:

i think all french GK thing was silly:lmfao:

IMO:mf_rosetinted:

I wouldn't say silly, but he did look like he didn't feel very comfortable with remembering the words and kept reading all the time :naughty:. Let's say it looked different from his other songs :wink2:.

I wouldn't say silly, but he did look like he didn't feel very comfortable with remembering the words and kept reading all the time :naughty:. Let's say it looked different from his other songs :wink2:.

oh did i say silly?... erm i mean funny:doh:

see, language wall:mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I did finally watch this in Blu Ray and hi-definition and I have to say it changed my perception of the gig quite a bit. It even sounded better to me.

I wish I could see the blu-ray version to make a comparison! Now I’m curious!:blink:

I wish I could see the blu-ray version to make a comparison! Now I’m curious!:blink:

Well I didn't make a direct comparison because I also watched them on different televisions so that could have made a difference as well.

But the Blu Ray viewing was just so bright and detailed it started giving me a headache. :naughty: You could easily read what was on people's t-shirts in the long audience shots and I started noticing detail for the first time like the glitter on the black cuffs of his Williamson jacket. I would imagine you can see this on any TV but I'm not one for that kind of detail yet it really jumped out at me.

Any closeups of his eyes... :wub2:

Well I didn't make a direct comparison because I also watched them on different televisions so that could have made a difference as well.

But the Blu Ray viewing was just so bright and detailed it started giving me a headache. :naughty: You could easily read what was on people's t-shirts in the long audience shots and I started noticing detail for the first time like the glitter on the black cuffs of his Williamson jacket. I would imagine you can see this on any TV but I'm not one for that kind of detail yet it really jumped out at me.

OMG, Christine speaking like a fangirl... the blu ray version must be really good!! :naughty:

Twatty I can get Region 9 (which is supposed to be the same as Region 0) copies of the Deluxe DVD here. I can get it for you (and anyone else) and bring it to Melbourne for you. If I get three or more, it is free postage for me, and 25% off the price, making it approx AUD$35 for you per DVD. That's the deluxe one with the book.

Alternatively if you want to wait for the US regular (not deluxe) version, I can get it for AUD$24 after Dec 16.

Edit: On re-reading your post, I see you probably bought the ebay one. I got mine for 1.20pounds plus postage on ebay

Thank you for offering. :thumb_yello: But I'll be getting the deluxe one on Ebay since it'll arrive quicker (the seller is in Sydney).

1.20 pounds + postage is a great price. I presume it was an auction instead of Buy It Now?

There's been no problem with the distribution of the standard edition in Australia, it's just the deluxe edition that is impossible to be found. :thumbdown: Is this the case elsewhere in the world? Are there stores (not online) selling the deluxe edition? :blink:

Is this the case elsewhere in the world? Are there stores (not online) selling the deluxe edition? :blink:

I'm not sure but I'd recommend the deluxe to anyone who can get their hands on it. I got Suzy the Blu Ray disc which only comes with a soft cover booklet and half the pics are missing. :thumbdown:

Is that OUR CHRISTINE???:shocked::shocked::roftl:

:shocked: my DVD has been delayed by the supplier.. i might have to wait until the end of next month :crybaby:

Good reason to get it online from somewhere else...ebay.....:thumb_yello:

they are offering blue ray readers here in italy at a reasonable price....as it is supposed to be the next dvd future, i'd better buy one and a blue ray copy of pedepe devede.......thanks Christine, YOU persuaded ME!:naughty:

as if i needed to be persuaded....still...i'm impressed!:thumb_yello:

edit: :doh: but i haven't got any HD tv!!!! :doh:

I'm not sure but I'd recommend the deluxe to anyone who can get their hands on it. I got Suzy the Blu Ray disc which only comes with a soft cover booklet and half the pics are missing. :thumbdown:

WTF??

Christine's Mikachampagne must have been spiked, sure that is the only explanation to this fangurlishness now? :mf_lustslow:

And I got to witness it first hand, when we were all drooling*cough* looking at the pics in the booklet :naughty:. I'm telling you, no matter what anyone says and how tough they want to appear, bottom line is we all become fangurls when we see those pictures :wub2:.

I mean, now that we're naming and shaming, I even recall Kata saying "aaw, he's lovely" when she saw the DVD pics :bleh:. I think that the apples have fermented :roftl:.

WTF??

Christine's Mikachampagne must have been spiked, sure that is the only explanation to this fangurlishness now? :mf_lustslow:

And I got to witness it first hand, when we were all drooling*cough* looking at the pics in the booklet :naughty:. ]I'm telling you, no matter what anyone says and how tough they want to appear, bottom line is we all become fangurls when we see those pictures [/b]:wub2:.

I mean, now that we're naming and shaming, I even recall Kata saying "aaw, he's lovely" when she saw the DVD pics :bleh:. I think that the apples have fermented :roftl:.

He's hard to resist...:blush-anim-cl: