Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

I know what you mean and if he had said it was for resting his voice I wouldn't be bothered but he says it's because of superstition and has something to do with ocd. I think that makes it an other story

I don't think he mentions superstition (though he does in the LICM dvd). He says that his brain convinced itself that if he spoke he'd have a terrible gig.

And I recognise that blond lass (when they're adjusting Saranayade's headdress). Who is she?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And no, I don't think that he is PROPERLY OCD. As in, clinically diagnosed. I get the impression that it's a home diagnosis LOL

lol! so it's like my cat getting klostrofobic when she terribly wants to go out:roftl:

I know what you mean and if he had said it was for resting his voice I wouldn't be bothered but he says it's because of superstition and has something to do with ocd. I think that makes it an other story

I don't think he mentions superstition (though he does in the LICM dvd). He says that his brain convinced itself that if he spoke he'd have a terrible gig.

Agreed, he didn't mention superstition, just that he thought it wouldn't go well.

But he has mentioned many times before that he doesn't speak before a gig, especially when he's a bit sick, in order to rest his voice.

And I recognise that blond lass (when they're adjusting Saranayade's headdress). Who is she?

I thought she looked familiar as well. Maybe Lorna?

Agreed, he didn't mention superstition, just that he thought it wouldn't go well.

But he has mentioned many times before that he doesn't speak before a gig, especially when he's a bit sick, in order to rest his voice.

I thought she was the dark girl in the LICM vid (excuse my ignorance)

yes he did mentioned it. OK now you made me doubt about it, a little. i'm going to watch. back in a few min.

no, it's not lorna.

I think I saw her backstage in beirut and she had dark hair... am not sure though...

last time I saw her she'd dyed hair, sorta light brown, very dark blond, darker than jasmine and lighter than mika's.

there's a girl whose hair is pretty blond (not the one standing next to him as he faces the stage), who may look like paloma, but she's gone seriously blond if that's her.. :blink:

Ok , I watched it again and he doesn't say superstition but he says that he believes everything could go wrong if he speaks. that's superstition, right?

At least he knows he can be a bit difficult and he is not ashamed of it :naughty:

it's good to be picky in life... :thumb_yello:

It's good to be picky in life, but it's not good to claim mental illness if you're merely picky.

Poor Mika's mom,if all of her 5 children are like that:roftl:

I know

I don't want to believe he's- what?- overdramatising himself?- when it comes to this becuase if that's so I'd go right off him. Some things are serious. (Sorry, I've got strong feelings about this)

I understand your POV...

I just don't take everything he says seriously... I am more into his music and I admire his personality in general (what he decides to show the public at least) ... I Love his sense of humor, wittines and the way he treats his fans...

I don't have a problem with him exaggerating ... some fans are disappointed that he didn't answer their question, or he did not blog.. or many many different reasons...

I just take him as is... and enjoy it.. I don't go too deep in analyzing him...

Ok , I watched it again and he doesn't say superstition but he says that he believes everything could go wrong if he speaks. that's superstition, right?

it could be a simple fear of ruining his voice before a huge gig...

it's a normal worry I guess... then again, I haven't seen the footage...

yeah, superstition is very common is show biz. and he's very self ironic about this.. see my previous post about him saying he's an ass.

I think he might actually be saying he's an arse

I mean, I know he's posh, but...

Avoca, I love your new avatar! where is it from?

Did it hurt to change to old one- I comiserate- how long had you had it?

are you asking me or Avoca? :blush-anim-cl: am not sure...

URGH! am sooo jealous... :blink: - 3 more weeks and I will be able to see it :thumb_yello:

I was asking Avoca- but if it hurt to change yours, do tell

Avoca has had a ringmaster siggie for as long as I can remember, but in this dvd Mike says he doesn't want to be the ringmaster...

I was asking Avoca- but if it hurt to change yours, do tell

Avoca has had a ringmaster siggie for as long as I can remember, but in this dvd Mike says he doesn't want to be the ringmaster...

no it doesn't... :mf_rosetinted:

I got a little confused cause you quoted my post...

am surprised he said he doesn't like to be a ringmaster... :blink: this new DVD has lots of new revelations... nice... more to look forward to..

no it doesn't... :mf_rosetinted:

I got a little confused cause you quoted my post...

am surprised he said he doesn't like to be a ringmaster... :blink: this new DVD has lots of new revelations... nice... more to look forward to..

haha so true!

he wears a ringmaster costum than says he doesn't want to be one.

he says he can't cook,turns out actually he can!

:roftl:

Well he didn't say he was permanantly giving up ringmaster-ness, he was talking about his costume for one tour

(which to be honest, I thought was meant to be ringmasterish until I saw the dvd)

MW goes on to check "but you don't want a red nose..."

I would dearly love to have seen his face if Mika had said "yes"

And incidentally- I LIKE the Matthew Williams jacket