Movie thread

babuccia

The Last movie i watched was " The Curious Case of Benjiman Button" very sweet movie but in the same time very weird too. It's probably the best acting i have seen of Brad Bitt every since Fight Club.

Maybe I should give it an other try then!:wink2:

I have seen this movie as well, Meryl was her brillian self. What a fantastic actress.:thumb_yello:

Yes I agree, she must be one of the greatest actors of our time!:thumb_yello:

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen it already?

No, I saw about 30 minutes of it and then I got tired....:blush-anim-cl:

I thought it was strange and hard to understand, I didn't even realise it was Brad Pitt, but since then I've read a lot about it!:wink2:

A movie I would really like to recommend is The Secret Life of Bees!:wub2:

The talented Dakota Fanning has one of the leading roles, and as her father Paul Bettany, he doesn’t have a flattering role in this but he is an actor I really like!

The music is good too!:thumb_yello:

No, I saw about 30 minutes of it and then I got tired....:blush-anim-cl:

I thought it was strange and hard to understand, I didn't even realise it was Brad Pitt, but since then I've read a lot about it!:wink2:

I didn't thought so much about the movie either but was interested to see what is all about.

It is very strange and in some points you even notice the amount of fake makup and even fake eyebrows that were added to Brad and Cate in order to make them younger. :roftl:

I thought that Benjamin Button movie was something to look forward to when I read about the plan a couple of years ago :roftl: - but now after having seen the trailer and read that it put sienna to sleep I think it might not be worth it.

I used to be sort of a Brad Pitt fan - but that was at the times of 'Legends of the Fall' (I've probably seen this one about 50 times :roftl:), 'Seven years in Tibet' , then lost interest with movies like Ocean's Eleven before my infatuation flashed with 'Troja' again, just to die down completely afterwards. :naughty: You get the idea.

However, I watched 'Seven Pounds' last night. Although I thought it was very Hollywood and a bit over the top as usual, it really affected me. In fact I hated it for not conceding me the usual five minutes to cover the tracks of how much it affected me before the lights went on again.

I thought that Benjamin Button movie was something to look forward to when I read about the plan a couple of years ago :roftl: - but now after having seen the trailer and read that it put sienna to sleep I think it might not be worth it.

I used to be sort of a Brad Pitt fan - but that was at the times of 'Legends of the Fall' (I've probably seen this one about 50 times :roftl:), 'Seven years in Tibet' , then lost interest with movies like Ocean's Eleven before my infatuation flashed with 'Troja' again, just to die down completely afterwards. :naughty: You get the idea.

However, I watched 'Seven Pounds' last night. Although I thought it was very Hollywood and a bit over the top as usual, it really affected me. In fact I hated it for not conceding me the usual five minutes to cover the tracks of how much it affected me before the lights went on again.

Legends of the fall has to be a legendary magnificent film!:wub2:

Oh I’m so glad you liked Seven Pounds I also thought it was a great movie!

And it’s perfectly appropriate to shred a few tears at a film like that, isn’t it?:wink2:

My story:

As I had to watch it without subtitles, yes again, it was a little hard to understand in the beginning so I did a little cheating, I went to IMDB to read the plot line, and people who had written comments had really done it in a way that didn’t give too much away but just about so much that it was a little easier to follow the storyline!:thumb_yello:

I really love when a film is build this way, little by little you get the whole story and after it’s finished it still gives you a lot to think about!

Imo this was one of Will Smiths best performances!:wub2:

schindler's list...it's so sad!!!!!!

i wish mika made a move...i would watch it over and over again.....:roftl::roftl::punk:

Haven’t you tried the DVDs, maybe that is as good as it gets?:naughty:

Sorry, I'll behave now!:blush-anim-cl:

Scindler's list...yes...sad but with a big purpose!

Legends of the fall has to be a legendary magnificent film!

:roftl: I think it was a huge flop, but there's a younger, long haired version of Brad Pitt in it, which was enough for me at the time. :das: (still is, some days...)... apart from that ... well, Anthony Hopkins and Aidan Quinn are not bad either, not talking about looks but performance here, of course. There are some horses in it. If you like horses?

And a lot of landscape.

Oh I’m so glad you liked Seven Pounds I also thought it was a great movie!

And it’s perfectly appropriate to shred a few tears at a film like that, isn’t it?:wink2:

My story:

As I had to watch it without subtitles, yes again, it was a little hard to understand in the beginning so I did a little cheating, I went to IMDB to read the plot line, and people who had written comments had really done it in a way that didn’t give too much away but just about so much that it was a little easier to follow the storyline!:thumb_yello:

I really love when a film is build this way, little by little you get the whole story and after it’s finished it still gives you a lot to think about!

Imo this was one of Will Smiths best performances!:wub2:

Yep, I also thought it was thought out really well, without ever explaining anything the whys and hows came clear.

I almost didn't want to watch it, as Will Smith still stands for Men in Black and - even worse - Men in Black II in my book. I don't like to say it, but I hate those movies with a passion. Too much of Beverly Hills Cop ridiculousness :roftl:

Apart from the financial side I don't think he did himself a great favour with that part. :bleh: He's just so good.

schindler's list...it's so sad!!!!!!

i wish mika made a move...i would watch it over and over again.....:roftl::roftl::punk:

I had a dream once he made a film! He invited me to go see it too! And when the film was over everyone cheered and he leaned in to kiss me then my cell went off and the CSI team wanted me to help them out with a case. :blink::lmfao:

Yep, I also thought it was thought out really well, without ever explaining anything the whys and hows came clear.

I almost didn't want to watch it, as Will Smith still stands for Men in Black and - even worse - Men in Black II in my book. I don't like to say it, but I hate those movies with a passion. Too much of Beverly Hills Cop ridiculousness

Apart from the financial side I don't think he did himself a great favour with that part. :bleh: He's just so good.

"looks behind her"

"sees the MIB 1 and 2 dvd's"

I really like those movies :roftl::blush-anim-cl:

Actually I have a view movies with Will Smith :blink:

MIB

MIB II

Independence Day

Hancock

I Robot

I am Legend

And I saw The Pursuit of Happyness a view weeks ago, that was a good movie to :thumb_yello:

"looks behind her"

I really like those movies :blush-anim-cl:

MIB

MIB II

Independence Day

Hancock

I Robot

I am Legend

And I saw The Pursuit of Happyness a view weeks ago, that was a good movie to

*looks over shoulder beside Starrats*

I really enjoyed Men in Black 1, not so much part 2 though, but I know I have a very special sense of humour, I love Simpson for example.

But…this movie may be stupid, simple and messy but it is also contains good example of resourcefulness and humour.

As much as I appreciate what we may call “house broken” SF, like HG Wells and Arthur C Clark, I can also enjoy the more simple forms like Back to the future!:roftl:

Slumdog Millionaire is awesome! :clap:

I thought that is was really well done. Also, a good use of camera and lighting/ colour.

I also noticed that M.I.A's song "Paper Planes" was featured.

I would recommend this movie! :thumb_yello:

Oh yeah, I liked it a lot!

I have also started to watch the TV series Skins because the leading actor appears in that too!:wub2:

Last movie i watch was "Yes Man", really really funny movie and also wise.

Okay, I’ll give it another chance!:wink2:

"looks behind her"

I really like those movies :roftl::blush-anim-cl:

MIB

MIB II

Independence Day

Hancock

I Robot

I am Legend

And I saw The Pursuit of Happyness a view weeks ago, that was a good movie to :thumb_yello:

:lol3: No no, nothing wrong with liking those movies, I'm used to being the odd one out when it comes to MIB, because really everyone else around me liked them. I didn't like Independence day a lot, either. I get the slight feeling that I am just not very much into aliens.

I've also watched the three last movies on your list and really enjoyed them.

*looks behind herself and sees the 'Pursuit of Happiness' dvd, still wrapped* ... :das: I think I'm going to watch that one soon. :wink2:

Slumdog Millionaire is awesome! :clap:

I thought that is was really well done. Also, a good use of camera and lighting/ colour.

I also noticed that M.I.A's song "Paper Planes" was featured.

I would recommend this movie! :thumb_yello:

MIA is even nominated to best song on the Oscars! I have to see that movie!

Oh, I saw Seven Pounds last night. It was great and Will Smith was great, but it was kinda hard to understand it till the end..........:boxed:

Oh yeah, I liked it a lot!

I have also started to watch the TV series Skins because the leading actor appears in that too!:wub2:

Ooh cool! :thumb_yello:

The lead actor, he's so funny. I saw him on Ellen and he was great. :)

MIA is even nominated to best song on the Oscars! I have to see that movie!

Oh, I saw Seven Pounds last night. It was great and Will Smith was great, but it was kinda hard to understand it till the end..........:boxed:

I never knew that. :doh::aah:

About "Seven Pounds"...it wasn't my favourite movie. I agree with you about not being able to comprehend it until the ending. :lol3:

:lol3: No no, nothing wrong with liking those movies, I'm used to being the odd one out when it comes to MIB, because really everyone else around me liked them. I didn't like Independence day a lot, either. I get the slight feeling that I am just not very much into aliens.

I've also watched the three last movies on your list and really enjoyed them.

*looks behind herself and sees the 'Pursuit of Happiness' dvd, still wrapped* ... I think I'm going to watch that one soon.

:naughty:

I just love SF movies :blush-anim-cl:

When i saw Pursuit of Happyness it made me cry at the end :tears::wub2:

Just a great movie.

I think that the last movies that i saw where Alvin and the Chipmunks :wub2:, Galaxy Quest :roftl: and Dead Like Me - Life After Death